PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Kawhi to Keep an 'Open Mind' About Re-Signing with Raptors

JBMCFEE
08-23-2018, 12:38 AM
"Based off of me talking to people within his circle, they’re going to go into this thing with an open mind and give this thing every last opportunity to work. And at the end of the day, if that’s the case, then it would be great if he stays. Obviously, I think part of his mind, yes, let’s keep real: I think he still feels like L.A. might be the destination. At the same time, he plans to go into this thing with an open mind, giving it every single shot in the world to make it work."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792268-kawhi-leonard-rumors-star-keeping-open-mind-about-re-signing-with-raptors

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2018, 02:12 AM
his going to lay low for a season b4 his crew starts with the narrative

raptors are just playing on barrow time like the spurs did last season...

CC the POS on bspn has already started with the narative...good luck raptorfans...

daslicer
08-23-2018, 08:18 AM
his going to lay low for a season b4 his crew starts with the narrative

raptors are just playing on barrow time like the spurs did last season...

CC the POS on bspn has already started with the narative...good luck raptorfans...

Raptor fans will regret this trade after this upcoming season when they are a 20-30 win team for the next several years.

weebo
08-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Kawancer.

Stabula
08-24-2018, 03:11 AM
Raptor fans will regret this trade after this upcoming season when they are a 20-30 win team for the next several years.

They were unable to unload DDR's contract and got a free year of Kawhi on top. They did pretty well for themselves.

dbestpro
08-24-2018, 08:05 AM
They were unable to unload DDR's contract and got a free year of Kawhi on top. They did pretty well for themselves.

Yeah, every NBA team is looking to unload their allstar's contract.

daslicer
08-24-2018, 11:22 AM

My point is I don't think their rebuild will go as well as they believe it will. With DDR they were a 50 plus win team every year. They probably get 50 plus win this year with Kawhi but afterwards they will be a 30 win team. I don't think Raptor fans will be able to endure several seasons of being crap. After a year or two of sucking they will be clamoring for good old days of being a top 3 team in the East.

DMC
08-24-2018, 11:42 PM

They had the best record in the East last year. They traded that for nothing the same year Lebron left the East. That's pretty stupid.

Since89
08-25-2018, 03:08 AM
If he only had a mind.

Stabula
08-25-2018, 04:16 AM

You telling me DDR is worth that contract?

Stabula
08-25-2018, 04:17 AM
My point is I don't think their rebuild will go as well as they believe it will. With DDR they were a 50 plus win team every year. They probably get 50 plus win this year with Kawhi but afterwards they will be a 30 win team. I don't think Raptor fans will be able to endure several seasons of being crap. After a year or two of sucking they will be clamoring for good old days of being a top 3 team in the East.

Whether their rebuild goes well or not remains to be seen but the truth is that they were not winning anything with a DDR and Lowry led team. Just look at their epic choke job to the Cavs this past post-season.

Mitch
08-25-2018, 10:18 PM
The autistic retard will go to clips or Lakers, hopefully the former.

BatManu20
08-26-2018, 10:09 AM
He will be a laker next season.

TD 21
08-26-2018, 04:00 PM

They'd been trying to trade DeRozan for a year. If the stars didn't align for them, it would have been difficult to get good enough value (he can't play off ball, most good teams have better ball dominant types and he's too old for re-building teams) to justify breaking up a near elite team and avoid a PR nightmare.

This was a win-win for them because if Leonard leaves, they can disguise/justify DeRozan's being salary dumped as taking a chance on a top 5 player, as opposed to something like a B prospect, pick and salary filler/savings.

I do think the notion that they'll be fine in a re-build is overblown though. Outside of Anunoby, their young talent isn't that young and there's likely not a star in the bunch. They're also out multiple recent 1sts. They could easily be stuck in the wilderness for years. Even if they aren't, it'll be difficult to build back to what they had. Nonetheless, the trade was such a steal that it more than justifies the risk.

DMC
08-26-2018, 04:58 PM
They'd been trying to trade DeRozan for a year. If the stars didn't align for them, it would have been difficult to get good enough value (he can't play off ball, most good teams have better ball dominant types and he's too old for re-building teams) to justify breaking up a near elite team and avoid a PR nightmare.

This was a win-win for them because if Leonard leaves, they can disguise/justify DeRozan's being salary dumped as taking a chance on a top 5 player, as opposed to something like a B prospect, pick and salary filler/savings.

I do think the notion that they'll be fine in a re-build is overblown though. Outside of Anunoby, their young talent isn't that young and there's likely not a star in the bunch. They're also out multiple recent 1sts. They could easily be stuck in the wilderness for years. Even if they aren't, it'll be difficult to build back to what they had. Nonetheless, the trade was such a steal that it more than justifies the risk.

This doesn't jive when you have the best record in your conference. You don't blow it up at that level, unless your name is Mark Cuban.

TD 21
08-26-2018, 05:42 PM
This doesn't jive when you have the best record in your conference. You don't blow it up at that level, unless your name is Mark Cuban.

Fools gold. The reality is, your ceiling is limited without a superstar (the '04 Pistons were obviously the exception to the rule, but they also had double the stars of the Raptors, didn't have to face a superstar to get to the Finals and were lucky to face probably the most dysfunctional finalist in league history, whose 3rd best player was hobbled). The Mavericks had one.

spurs10
08-26-2018, 06:04 PM
Poison boy! If you weren't watching last season then I hate to tell ya!

Stabula
08-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Also keeping an open asshole for his uncle

DMC
08-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Fools gold. The reality is, your ceiling is limited without a superstar (the '04 Pistons were obviously the exception to the rule, but they also had double the stars of the Raptors, didn't have to face a superstar to get to the Finals and were lucky to face probably the most dysfunctional finalist in league history, whose 3rd best player was hobbled). The Mavericks had one.

There are 29 limited teams in the league, plenty with superstars who are still not making the team unlimited. There's one team to beat, and the only team that could is in the same conference. Lebron was the problem in the East. The Raptors could have made it to the ECF or further. Now they'll piss off all their fans and they sent a message that loyalty gets shit on.

Corporal_Upham
08-26-2018, 10:56 PM
There are 29 limited teams in the league, plenty with superstars who are still not making the team unlimited. There's one team to beat, and the only team that could is in the same conference. Lebron was the problem in the East. The Raptors could have made it to the ECF or further. Now they'll piss off all their fans and they sent a message that loyalty gets shit on.

If you ran like your mouth, you’d be in good shape...

FrostKing
08-27-2018, 03:00 AM
This will be a Quality trade exchange for Spurs

when Leonard bales to L.A

Spurtacular
08-27-2018, 06:39 AM
Lip service. Everyone knows Kawhi is a bitch.

AaronY
08-27-2018, 08:38 AM
This will be a Quality trade exchange for Spurs

when Leonard bales to L.A
:lmao

DMC
08-27-2018, 10:16 AM
If you ran like your mouth, you’d be in good shape...

most of your posts are to me... = rent free

DMC
08-27-2018, 10:17 AM
:lmao

hay, no strawmen mmmkay?

Corporal_Upham
08-27-2018, 03:00 PM
most of your posts are to me... = rent free
What a bunch of malarkey- get off your high horse.

phxspurfan
08-27-2018, 03:02 PM
what a fake pos

AaronY
08-27-2018, 03:23 PM
hay, no strawmen mmmkay?
Hey i know better than to mess with you man so im baleing out of this one

TD 21
08-27-2018, 06:08 PM

Saying you can win a championship with Leonard as your best player, is not the same as saying the Spurs or Raptors with Leonard were or are championship contenders. What I meant was, it's possible with him, if you have the requisite supporting talent. With Lowry/DeRozan or Aldridge/DeRozan, it's not.

Casuals might be upset, but the Raptors are now capable of making the Finals and if they do so and/or Leonard re-signs, that'll dissipate in an instant.

DMC
08-28-2018, 07:09 AM
Saying you can win a championship with Leonard as your best player, is not the same as saying the Spurs or Raptors with Leonard were or are championship contenders. What I meant was, it's possible with him, if you have the requisite supporting talent. With Lowry/DeRozan or Aldridge/DeRozan, it's not.

Casuals might be upset, but the Raptors are now capable of making the Finals and if they do so and/or Leonard re-signs, that'll dissipate in an instant.

Too many people ignore first year squads because of how talent adds up on paper but very few first historic ever made it to the finals. Leonard is there in his first year and he's got a thousand yard stare.

Raptors got rid of their best player and their head coach. I don't think Leonard is going to make them a finals contender.

It's not hard to find threads on this form with people complaining about isolation basketball with Kawhi Leonard. I don't know why you guys suddenly think he's Michael Jordan.

Mitch
08-28-2018, 08:54 AM
:lol spurfan letting autistic Leonard continue to live in their heads, rent-free

DAF86
08-28-2018, 01:09 PM
I hope he gets a career ending injury, tbh.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 01:25 PM
I hope he gets a career ending injury, tbh.

One of the few things we can agree on.

TD 21
08-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Too many people ignore first year squads because of how talent adds up on paper but very few first historic ever made it to the finals. Leonard is there in his first year and he's got a thousand yard stare.

Raptors got rid of their best player and their head coach. I don't think Leonard is going to make them a finals contender.

It's not hard to find threads on this form with people complaining about isolation basketball with Kawhi Leonard. I don't know why you guys suddenly think he's Michael Jordan.

:lmao Relying on PPG in '18. Lowry was/is better than DeRozan, just like Ginobili was better than Parker and Green is better than Thompson.

The Raptors upgraded from a top 30 player to, if he regains previous form, a top 5 player, play in a conference without a traditional or proven power and unlike the Celtics, won't have role definition issues. The Celtics may have a higher ceiling, but the Raptors can absolutely make the Finals.