PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili Needs To Become Spurs Head Coach

Gino-Step
08-23-2018, 01:35 AM
Manu Ginobili as Spurs Head Coach would likely be even more successful than Steve Kerr.

There are several players from Manu's generation coaching in today's NBA - Tyron Lue, Steve Kerr, Luke Walton and others. Manu was and is an even more exceptional and creative mind than these guys.

If the fault with Pop is that he is too old school for today's generation, people must remember Manu was a pioneer in his play style decades before his time with moves, strategies, and vision. He would bring to the game what people thought Messina, Blatt and various Euro coaches would bring but at an entirely different level.

Manu as coach would officially make San Antonio the 'International Landing Spot' for creative players globally. In a league of 30 teams, it is crucial to have an identity and a brand behind your team for recruiting purposes. Manu would coach the team like a startup with open cultures and innovative methods. I truly believe as exceptional a career he has had as a player, he would be similar to the Jerry West of the world where their second career has even more impact. There were plays he saw in the game that maybe others couldn't and maybe he was even restricted in the early years from the full flair. Where Mike D'Antoni is a one trick pony in terms of offensive strategy. I believe Manu will be a holistic coach and we will see Steve Jobs like innovation in the way basketball is played. If Brad Stevens is Bill Gates, Manu Ginobili would be Steve Jobs.

The two possibilities I most want to see from Manu is either as coach or as Commissioner but the latter requires others to see his vision and I'm sure most in the ownership level wouldn't give him that opportunity at this moment. The Spurs however, can allow him to coach and he would be a marvel at it.

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2018, 02:07 AM
ibtl

let hiim enjoy retirement have more time with his family then creating stupid useless threads wanker

Indianman
08-23-2018, 02:08 AM
I don't see a problem with that. SOUNDS QUITE APPEALING!

TheGreatYacht
08-23-2018, 02:47 AM
Would rather bring back Jim Boylen....

Uriel
08-23-2018, 04:36 AM
So do Bruce Bowen and Tiago Splitter.

alfahdlan
08-23-2018, 08:34 AM
I like that. Manu is ahead of his time and a step ahead of most.

hater
08-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Manu Ginobili as Spurs Head Coach would likely be even more successful than Steve Kerr.

There are several players from Manu's generation coaching in today's NBA - Tyron Lue, Steve Kerr, Luke Walton and others. Manu was and is an even more exceptional and creative mind than these guys.

If the fault with Pop is that he is too old school for today's generation, people must remember Manu was a pioneer in his play style decades before his time with moves, strategies, and vision. He would bring to the game what people thought Messina, Blatt and various Euro coaches would bring but at an entirely different level.

Manu as coach would officially make San Antonio the 'International Landing Spot' for creative players globally. In a league of 30 teams, it is crucial to have an identity and a brand behind your team for recruiting purposes. Manu would coach the team like a startup with open cultures and innovative methods. I truly believe as exceptional a career he has had as a player, he would be similar to the Jerry West of the world where their second career has even more impact. There were plays he saw in the game that maybe others couldn't and maybe he was even restricted in the early years from the full flair. Where Mike D'Antoni is a one trick pony in terms of offensive strategy. I believe Manu will be a holistic coach and we will see Steve Jobs like innovation in the way basketball is played. If Brad Stevens is Bill Gates, Manu Ginobili would be Steve Jobs.

The two possibilities I most want to see from Manu is either as coach or as Commissioner but the latter requires others to see his vision and I'm sure most in the ownership level wouldn't give him that opportunity at this moment. The Spurs however, can allow him to coach and he would be a marvel at it.

:lmao so many words with zero facts to back it up :lmao

Sounds like a fairytale tbqh

Manu was just lucky to play for Pop and next to genius of Duncan and Parker

In another team he would be a notch above Vaginis Spanoulis

ginobilized
08-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Manu has the tools to be a great coach, no doubt.
He’s got the fire of Pop with HOF skills and knowledge of the game, players, coaches, strategies and situations.
Also, that was the family business. Not sure his wife and kids are ready for that quite yet.
Hope it happens someday.

daslicer
08-23-2018, 10:31 AM
:lmao so many words with zero facts to back it up :lmao

Sounds like a fairytale tbqh

Manu was just lucky to play for Pop and next to genius of Duncan and Parker

In another team he would be a notch above Vaginis Spanoulis

Manu is their god. They also believe only Jordan was better than Manu but even then they feel the gap is very close. That's how retarded this fan base is.

hater
08-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Manu is their god. They also believe only Jordan was better than Manu but even then they feel the gap is very close. That's how retarded this fan base is.

:lmao

They also believe manu was a top 5 guard in history :lmao

BackHome
08-23-2018, 11:24 AM
Hater are you off your meds again?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-23-2018, 11:45 AM
Being an NBA head coach would be too big of a time commitment for someone with young kids who enjoys life outside of basketball. I can see Manu doing the Tim thing...showing up for moral support when he's feeling like it.

boutons_deux
08-23-2018, 11:49 AM
I think Manu is so much of a family man, has spent so much time away from his family, and is financially set for life, I don't see him coaching NBA.

TheGreatYacht
08-23-2018, 03:07 PM
This is an absolute fact :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-23-2018, 03:08 PM
palabras palabras

SpursDynasty85
08-23-2018, 03:09 PM
I think Manu is so much of a family man, has spent so much time away from his family, and is financially set for life, I don't see him coaching NBA.

True. Would love for him to a player development coach for the Spurs. Work like 3-4 days out of the week for 5-6 hours a day. But I think he and his family consider Argentina or somewhere else there home?

BackHome
08-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Manu is totally different then Timmy I think Manu has to be doing something maybe not coaching but definitely not sitting home all day. Could see him coaching or being in charge of over seas draft prospects in some capacity.

SpurOutofTownFan
08-23-2018, 06:27 PM

it's kind of sad that after all the stuff the Spurs have won in the last 20 years and Manu being a big part of that that there's still fans WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT BB hating on Manu for I don't know what??? Tony Parker???? WTF!!!

From that bunch I can only forgive my beautiful son Hater who's otherwise a nice guy

OldMan88
08-23-2018, 06:32 PM
I don’t see Manu returning to Argentina when he finally retires. Too much civil unrest and crime. Family would require full time security to guard against kidnapping his children for ransom.

i think he’ll stay in USA.

timvp
08-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Don't see Manu becoming a coach, tbh. He's an instinctual player -- there's just no teaching what he does. He probably relies on instincts more than any player who has ever played the game. That doesn't translate to coaching at all. Manu has never been super interested in Xs and Os or scouting reports or anything that leads to one wanting to become a coach.

I could imagine TP being a head coach or a GM. I could imagine TD being an amazing assistant coach. I think Manu does something amazing after he retires, but I doubt it involves basketball. That'd be too boring for him, IMO.

SAGirl
08-23-2018, 07:44 PM
I have read multiple interviews from him where he says coaching doesn't interest him... Of course, he may change his mind but right now, I don't see it.

I would love him as a commentator though... he's always insightful and likable in interviews.