PDA

View Full Version : Mass Shooting at Jacksonville Madden Tournament

DJR210
08-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Multiple fatalities reported

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/madden-19-jacksonville-shooting/index.html

Reck
08-26-2018, 02:17 PM
DJR, you're going to anger Trainwreck for posting this here.

Fucked up. I feel sick after hearing that clip of them getting shot up.

DJR210
08-26-2018, 02:24 PM
DJR, you're going to anger Trainwreck for posting this here.

Fucked up. I feel sick after hearing that clip of them getting shot up.

:lol what's the story behind that

And yeah that's fucked up.. These socially awkward rejects are even directing their anger and frustration on e-jocks

Reck
08-26-2018, 02:28 PM

And yeah that's fucked up.. These socially awkward rejects are even directing their anger and frustration on e-jocks

I posted this first in the correct forum

:lol Wanting first billing for a mass shooting thread and complaining about it been in the political forum.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2018, 03:04 PM

or it was a shitter ejock shooting his e-jock better

Avante
08-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Let's hope this had nothing to do with Islamic terrorism or black gang violence. Just the work of retarded white guys the best scenario.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 04:05 PM
Let's hope this had nothing to do with Islamic terrorism or black gang violence. Just the work of retarded white guys the best scenario.Hooray!

DJR210
08-26-2018, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=VzfK-ir1Zt8

Fucked up.. seriously can't go ANYWHERE without a gun on you now

Avante
08-26-2018, 04:58 PM
Yep, retarded white guy. If this had been ANOTHER terrorist act, I pity American Muslims.

Chris
08-26-2018, 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=VzfK-ir1Zt8

Fucked up.. seriously can't go ANYWHERE without a gun on you now

It was a gun free zone so no self defense allowed. The shooter was apparently not aware it was a gun free zone. They are still working out the kinks like in Chicago. :tu

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 08:23 PM
It was a gun free zone so no self defense allowed. The shooter was apparently not aware it was a gun free zone. They are still working out the kinks like in Chicago. :tuWhat guns do you carry for self defense in all situations, Chris?

Chris
08-26-2018, 08:59 PM
What guns do you carry for self defense in all situations, Chris?

Don't @ me with your troll faggot.

Pavlov
08-26-2018, 09:00 PM
Don't @ me with your troll faggot.Honest question, Chris.

You're always calling for moar guns, so what do you pack for your everyday protection?

DJR210
08-26-2018, 09:06 PM
It was a gun free zone so no self defense allowed. The shooter was apparently not aware it was a gun free zone. They are still working out the kinks like in Chicago. :tu

How is this gun free zone enforced? The shooter was able to attend w/ his..

FrostKing
08-27-2018, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpKs4j91NUs

ElNono
08-27-2018, 05:21 AM
Yep, retarded white guy. If this had been ANOTHER terrorist act, I pity American Muslims.

This was 'another' terrorist attack, tbh

Reck
08-27-2018, 07:16 AM
Another thread where Chris gets run out of and embarrassed. :lol

Chris
08-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Another thread where Chris gets run out of and embarrassed. :lol

lol wut

Chris
08-27-2018, 07:32 PM

Isitjustme?
08-27-2018, 09:57 PM

Is that another fact he made up lol

Avante
08-27-2018, 10:27 PM
This was 'another' terrorist attack, tbh

Wrong.

What is the definition of a terrorist attack?

Type of: act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act. the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. coup de main, surprise attack.

Pavlov
08-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Wrong.

Type of: act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act. the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. coup de main, surprise attack.Dude was making fun of you, Avante.

Chris
08-27-2018, 10:32 PM
Is that another fact he made up lol

Doubt it. Captain Kirk does his homewok :tu

Chris
08-27-2018, 10:40 PM

Spurminator
08-27-2018, 11:32 PM

You sure about this?

Spurminator
08-27-2018, 11:32 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Spurminator
08-27-2018, 11:41 PM

:lmao Chrisbot's retarded Twitter friends.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 02:27 AM
Wrong.

Type of: act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act. the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. coup de main, surprise attack.

well, we don't have the luxury to ask the perpetrator what his motive was in this particular case, but it's clear he wanted to send a message, plus:

1) violence against innocent civilians: check
2) instilling fear: check
3) surprise attack: check

It's terrorist bingo.

DJR210
08-28-2018, 02:35 AM
Old retard getting a lesson per usual

Avante
08-28-2018, 02:39 AM
well, we don't have the luxury to ask the perpetrator what his motive was in this particular case, but it's clear he wanted to send a message, plus:

1) violence against innocent civilians: check
2) instilling fear: check
3) surprise attack: check

It's terrorist bingo.

Dude, that wasn't terrorism guy, ok?

You're in a bar, guys flirts with your woman, so ya knock him down, then tell him if he gets up you;ll kill him.

1...violence against innocent civilian..yep
2....instlling fear...yep
3...surprise attack..yep

But, nobody would see that as terrorism. Yep, you're 100% wrong.

Avante
08-28-2018, 02:41 AM
Old retard getting a lesson per usual

Dumbass too stupid to know what terrorism really is.

Hey stupid.....

The incident is being investigated as a criminal act, and not an act of terrorism, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 02:46 AM
No, it's not the same. If you knock the guy out and nobody else, there's a clear motive.

If you shot him and 4 other unrelated guys/gals in the bar, then off yourself, yeah, pretty much gonna go down as a terror attack, especially when the other 4 are completely unrelated to you or your girl.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 02:47 AM
Let's try this again, give me a better example, that last one didn't cut it...

Avante
08-28-2018, 02:47 AM
No, it's not the same. If you knock the guy out and nobody else, there's a clear motive.

If you shot him and 4 other unrelated guys/gals in the bar, then off yourself, yeah, pretty much gonna go down as a terror attack, especially when the other 4 are completely unrelated to you or your girl.

Nope.

Stold this...

The incident is being investigated as a criminal act, and not an act of terrorism, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

~~~~~~~

Dude, that kind of thing is not terrorism, ok?

ElNono
08-28-2018, 02:51 AM
Nope? Is that it?

ATF and FBI agents searched a Baltimore home on the 1200 block of Harbor Island Walk on Sunday night in connection with the rampage. They arrived at the quiet row of nearly identical brick townhouses around 6 p.m. and searched the property for just over four hours, according to Baltimore ATF Public Information Officer Amanda Hils.

This is what they do with terror suspects, not criminals, yep.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 02:52 AM
But that's ok Avante, I just respectfully disagree. You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the subject.

Avante
08-28-2018, 02:57 AM
Nope? Is that it?

ATF and FBI agents searched a Baltimore home on the 1200 block of Harbor Island Walk on Sunday night in connection with the rampage. They arrived at the quiet row of nearly identical brick townhouses around 6 p.m. and searched the property for just over four hours, according to Baltimore ATF Public Information Officer Amanda Hils.

This is what they do with terror suspects, not criminals, yep.

Nobody has said anything about terrorisim/terrorist but you?

Freaking out and being violent is totally different than having a plot to kill people to satisfy some agenda. That is terrorism.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 03:16 AM
We're playing semantics here. If your sole purpose is to instill terror on innocent people it's terrorism. That's what this guys did. Even USA Today mentioned it:

How the Jacksonville shooting unfolded: Terror inside a room, agony streamed online
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/08/27/jacksonville-shooting-gunman-gamer-motive-security/1108460002/

What do YOU know about this guy agenda? Did you ask him? People freak out all the time, but they don't pull out a gun and start shooting... anyhow, not going to try to convince you of anything. I'll just disagree.

FrostKing
08-28-2018, 03:20 AM
We're playing semantics here. If your sole purpose is to instill terror on innocent people it's terrorism. That's what this guys did. Even USA Today mentioned it:

How the Jacksonville shooting unfolded: Terror inside a room, agony streamed online
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/08/27/jacksonville-shooting-gunman-gamer-motive-security/1108460002/

What do YOU know about this guy agenda? Did you ask him? People freak out all the time, but they don't pull out a gun and start shooting... anyhow, not going to try to convince you of anything. I'll just disagree.
I agree if he were still on the run. But he killed himself. What is the long term terror - gun ownership? He has to be involved in a movement or have a cause/message. Shunned loner would apply IMO.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 03:30 AM
I agree if he were still on the run. But he killed himself. What is the long term terror - gun ownership? He has to be involved in a movement or have a cause/message. Shunned loner would apply IMO.

It goes to motive, IMO. Depression? He can just off himself. When you start shooting random people, it's more than just random shooting, in most cases anyways.

Avante
08-28-2018, 03:30 AM

I'm not playing anything. If the guy had won the tournament who would be dead......yep...nobody. That isn't how terrorism works at all.

Avante
08-28-2018, 03:31 AM

Bingo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Key word....intent.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 03:32 AM
I'm not playing anything. If the guy had won the tournament who would be dead......yep...nobody. That isn't how terrorism works at all.

How do you know that? Yep, you don't.

Avante
08-28-2018, 03:35 AM
How do you know that? Yep, you don't.

Where is your common sense? So he didn't want to defend that title being a SERIOUS gamer?

The guy wasn't there to kill people which can't be said about terorists.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 03:41 AM
Where is your common sense?

translation: I don't know anything about the shooter's motive.

Where is YOUR common sense? You give me a bar brawl as an example of non-terror, and I completely agree

It's a completely different scenario from somebody walking into a room full of innocent people, and randomly start offing people. Then offing themselves.

It goes to literally terrorize people, and send a message. Let's talk common sense: Do you think the shooter didn't think/know what he was doing was going to be publicized top to bottom? Public venue, relatively big event, video games at times a hot political topic...

This idea that we gotta get used to people 'flipping' and randomly shooting people as anything other than terrorism is naivete...

Avante
08-28-2018, 03:56 AM
[QUOTE=ElNono;9521109]translation: I don't know anything about the shooter's motive.

Where is YOUR common sense? You give me a bar brawl as an example of non-terror, and I completely agree

It's a completely different scenario from somebody walking into a room full of innocent people, and randomly start offing people. Then offing themselves.

It goes to literally terrorize people, and send a message. Let's talk common sense: Do you think the shooter didn't think/know what he was doing was going to be publicized top to bottom? Public venue, relatively big event, video games at times a hot political topic...

This idea that we gotta get used to people 'flipping' and randomly shooting people as anything other than terrorism is naivete...

Naivete is thinking the guy just walked into a room full of people and start shooting.

Here ya go.

Fox News is reporting (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/26/jacksonville-landing-shooter-david-katz-described-as-gamer-angry-after-losing-in-tournament.html) Katz killed himself. He was reportedly a gamer who became angry after losing during the event. Katz has used the names (https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/david-katz-bread-ravenschamp/)Bread, mrslicedbread, ravenschamp and ravens2012champ in Madden competitions.

He lost and got mad, which is totally different than what you are selling.

Terrorists set out to commit terror, you really think this was like that, come on guy.

DJR210
08-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Just make sure you stop responding and allow the old SOB to get the last post or he won't be able to go on with his mundane life

AaronY
08-28-2018, 01:08 PM

priceisrightlosinghorn.mpeg

Spurminator
08-28-2018, 01:19 PM
:lol Kirk deleted the tweet.

Which is what he should do. But still. :lol

Avante
08-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Just make sure you stop responding and allow the old SOB to get the last post or he won't be able to go on with his mundane life

How about.....ok ok so I was wrong yet again.....ok?

Dude, how is being a little know nothing asshole working out for ya?

Avante
08-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Kid loses a game, gets pissed off and totally freaks out being mentally unstable. That is not what terrorism is.

DJR210
08-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Keep on posting, I'm sure the sheer volume of your replies will convince ElNono that he's wrong

Avante
08-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Keep on posting, I'm sure the sheer volume of your replies will convince ElNono (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) that he's wrong

All he really has to do is watch TV/Google, pay attention to what is going on and being said. Nobody is....an act of terrrorism....at all. This was a mentally disturbed kid who simply freaked out, that is not what terrorism is.

SpursforSix
08-28-2018, 03:12 PM
man...what happened to just throwing your joystick into the wall

SnakeBoy
08-28-2018, 03:29 PM
If your sole purpose is to instill terror on innocent people it's terrorism.

Is that just your personal made up definition of terrorism?

DJR210
08-28-2018, 04:00 PM
man...what happened to just throwing your joystick into the wall

:lmao fr fr

ElNono
08-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Is that just your personal made up definition of terrorism?

People get thrown in jail for even expressing intent of doing that. Go tell a fed you gonna shoot up random people, let's see what they charge you with.

Avante
08-28-2018, 08:08 PM
People get thrown in jail for even expressing intent of doing that. Go tell a fed you gonna shoot up random people, let's see what they charge you with.

It's pretty obvious if this kid had won the tournament ...nothing. While an act of terrorism is a planned assault with some agenda. We aren't seeing that sort of thing with this.

A mentally instable kid going bonkers after losing. That really isn't what terrorism is. I get how important it is to never be wrong on the internet, and you will never...ok ok I see that.

Trust me, there is a reason nobody is talking about an act of terrorism.

ElNono
08-28-2018, 08:27 PM
I don't trust random people in the internets... nothing personal, tbh...

I've admitted to being wrong before here many times, tbh... peeps here can vouch for that. Has nothing to do with it. I just won't agree there's such a thing as 'flipping' and shooting out random people, and somehow that's not terrorism. Agree to disagree on that.

Avante
08-28-2018, 10:44 PM
I don't trust random people in the internets... nothing personal, tbh...

I've admitted to being wrong before here many times, tbh... peeps here can vouch for that. Has nothing to do with it. I just won't agree there's such a thing as 'flipping' and shooting out random people, and somehow that's not terrorism. Agree to disagree on that.

Not really not about agreeing and disagreeing. It;s about facts.

redzero
08-29-2018, 02:59 AM
The game was two weeks old. What made this guy so emotionally invested in the outcome of the tournament? People play 20-year-old games with far more left to lose and don't react like this.

I bet the media is mad that the game wasn't a first-person shooter, because they couldn't get their narrative out about violent video games.

FrostKing
08-29-2018, 03:16 AM
The game was two weeks old. What made this guy so emotionally invested in the outcome of the tournament? People play 20-year-old games with far more left to lose and don't react like this.

I bet the media is mad that the game wasn't a first-person shooter, because they couldn't get their narrative out about violent video games.
Granted this is an opinion from playing Madden 10 years ago but they usually tweak the playstyle a bit year to year. Maybe he was no longer as good (previously winning that Bills Tournament) and he had no other hobby or focus in life

DJR210
08-29-2018, 03:34 AM
Granted this is an opinion from playing Madden 10 years ago but they usually tweak the playstyle a bit year to year. Maybe he was no longer as good (previously winning that Bills Tournament) and he had no other hobby or focus in life

The kids mom said he would go long periods without bathing.. Used to throw retard tantrums over losing his games, even called the cops on her for taking them away. I'm guessing she allowed the video game system to raise him and he turned out all fucked up because of it.

ElNono
08-29-2018, 03:52 AM
Not really not about agreeing and disagreeing. It;s about facts.

Make me a list... you're good at that, facts? not so much.

Xevious
08-29-2018, 07:19 AM
The kids mom said he would go long periods without bathing.. Used to throw retard tantrums over losing his games, even called the cops on her for taking them away. I'm guessing she allowed the video game system to raise him and he turned out all fucked up because of it.
I bet he played Fortnite tbh.

DJR210
08-29-2018, 07:24 AM
I bet he played Fortnite tbh.

As all brainwashed children do..

In seriousness, gaming addiction is a relatively new disorder as far as medical recognition, but it's definitely real. I can see the difference in my kids behavior if they get too much game time. Once I notice they're becoming zombies they will lose access for long periods of time to become normal, clear thinking kids again.

I can imagine if they were allowed to have free control over their own video game time without supervision though..

SnakeBoy
08-29-2018, 08:26 AM

What mass shooters have been charged with terrorism? The Feds have a definition of terrorism and shooting people for the sake of shooting people isn't it.

ElNono
08-29-2018, 12:55 PM
What mass shooters have been charged with terrorism? The Feds have a definition of terrorism and shooting people for the sake of shooting people isn't it.

It's not even confined to shooting, can also be stabbing or anything else:

In another example, from March of this year, a white man named James Harris Jackson stabbed to death a black man in New York and said he did so as a "practice" run for more killings of black people. Jackson was charged with murder in the second degree as a hate crime.
But Jackson also faces a terrorism charge in the case (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/us/james-jackson-murder-charge/) -- murder as an act of terrorism in the first and second degrees.
According to police, Jackson, a Baltimore resident, said he traveled to New York because it is the media capital of the world and he wanted to make a statement.

There's also such a thing as grouping certain crimes as 'domestic terrorism' according to the FBI:

Part of the confusion stems from the fact that the world has never really settled on a standard definition of "terrorism." The US Code of Federal Regulations defines it as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives." But it is not a standalone criminal charge. "There is not a domestic terrorism crime as such," FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a Senate hearing in September. "We in the FBI refer to domestic terrorism as a category but it's more of a way in which we allocate which agents, which squad is going to work on it."

As it's stated, there's no standard (and thus it's certainly a matter of opinion), but that doesn't preclude LE calling it what it is: terrorism. And I think they're right to do so.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/what-is-terrorism-definition-trnd/index.html

Xevious
08-29-2018, 02:27 PM
As all brainwashed children do..

In seriousness, gaming addiction is a relatively new disorder as far as medical recognition, but it's definitely real. I can see the difference in my kids behavior if they get too much game time. Once I notice they're becoming zombies they will lose access for long periods of time to become normal, clear thinking kids again.

I can imagine if they were allowed to have free control over their own video game time without supervision though..
I had to completely take away video game privilages from my boys this summer because they were throwing fits about having their screen time limited, weren't even getting dressed in the morning, etc... so away the electronics went.

I've always defended video games when people try to blame them on society's problems. And even though I can see first hand the effects of addiction, I still say we don't have a video game problem, we have a parenting problem. I'm required to give you a place to live, food to eat, basic clothing, healthcare, and transportation to school... everything else is a privilege you should have to earn. My wife and I make a lot more money than either of us grew up with, but I'll be damned if my kids grow up like entitled little shits like most kids are.

Chris
08-29-2018, 04:37 PM
ElNono still confused :lol

Mikeanaro
08-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Someone was using cheats, game genie.

DJR210
08-29-2018, 04:48 PM
I had to completely take away video game privilages from my boys this summer because they were throwing fits about having their screen time limited, weren't even getting dressed in the morning, etc... so away the electronics went.

I've always defended video games when people try to blame them on society's problems. And even though I can see first hand the effects of addiction, I still say we don't have a video game problem, we have a parenting problem. I'm required to give you a place to live, food to eat, basic clothing, healthcare, and transportation to school... everything else is a privilege you should have to earn. My wife and I make a lot more money than either of us grew up with, but I'll be damned if my kids grow up like entitled little shits like most kids are.

Agreed 100%

Avante
08-29-2018, 05:36 PM
Make me a list... you're good at that, facts? not so much.

Nobody associated with the tragety is talking about terrorism. What should that tell you?

Avante
08-29-2018, 05:39 PM

In another example, from March of this year, a white man named James Harris Jackson stabbed to death a black man in New York and said he did so as a "practice" run for more killings of black people. Jackson was charged with murder in the second degree as a hate crime.
But Jackson also faces a terrorism charge in the case (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/us/james-jackson-murder-charge/) -- murder as an act of terrorism in the first and second degrees.
According to police, Jackson, a Baltimore resident, said he traveled to New York because it is the media capital of the world and he wanted to make a statement.

There's also such a thing as grouping certain crimes as 'domestic terrorism' according to the FBI:

Part of the confusion stems from the fact that the world has never really settled on a standard definition of "terrorism." The US Code of Federal Regulations defines it as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives." But it is not a standalone criminal charge. "There is not a domestic terrorism crime as such," FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a Senate hearing in September. "We in the FBI refer to domestic terrorism as a category but it's more of a way in which we allocate which agents, which squad is going to work on it."

As it's stated, there's no standard (and thus it's certainly a matter of opinion), but that doesn't preclude LE calling it what it is: terrorism. And I think they're right to do so.

Dude, pay attention to what everybody is telLing you, ok? What we saw in that situation is not what is referred to as terrorism.

Time to...ok I was wrong......honest.

ElNono
08-29-2018, 08:16 PM
ElNono still confused :lol

Not confused at all, tbh, and you're not making an argument at all either, per par... :lol

I certainly don't get why some people seem averse to call things by their name, tbh...

ElNono
08-29-2018, 08:20 PM
Dude, pay attention to what everybody is telLing you, ok? What we saw in that situation is not what is referred to as terrorism.

Time to...ok I was wrong......honest.

If I have to pay attention to "what everybody is telling", then you're an old faggot, tbh.

Still waiting for you to come up with a better analogy than the debunked bar brawl...

Chris
08-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Not confused at all, tbh, and you're not making an argument at all either, per par... :lol

I certainly don't get why some people seem averse to call things by their name, tbh...

I know what the definition of terrorism is :lol

Avante
08-29-2018, 08:30 PM
If I have to pay attention to "what everybody is telling", then you're an old faggot, tbh.

Still waiting for you to come up with a better analogy than the debunked bar brawl...

Dude, not the tired worn out.."if you don't agree with me I'll call you names"....sheesh~~~~

I thought I was talking to a mature adult, yep...wrong.

ELNono, if you need to be 100%/totally/completely wrong go for it. You are so wrong it's comical.

Done with ya on this.

AaronY
08-29-2018, 08:34 PM

Same here

https://i.imgflip.com/1x0gj9.jpg

ElNono
08-29-2018, 08:42 PM

I know what the definition of terrorism is too... do you have a point? or you're gonna post a wall of tweets? :lol

ElNono
08-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Dude, not the tired worn out.."if you don't agree with me I'll call you names"....sheesh~~~~

I thought I was talking to a mature adult, yep...wrong.

ELNono, if you need to be 100%/totally/completely wrong go for it. You are so wrong it's comical.

Done with ya on this.

Avante, sir, did I call you that? I'm just saying, why can't we talk about this in civility and with arguments? "Everybody says A" is not an argument. "You're wrong" is not an argument.

I already posted evidence that the FBI themselves call it terrorism. I understand there's no clear standard for 'terrorism', and I also pointed out that it's definitely a matter of opinion.

I didn't call you wrong, did I?

SnakeBoy
08-29-2018, 11:16 PM

There are certainly gray areas but even the article you linked disagrees with what you are calling terrorism. Killing for the sake of killing or killing random people because you are mad doesn't qualify as terrorism. As the article states "So once again, it all comes down to motive. Was there a political or ideological agenda behind the attack? "

I don't know the details of the James Harris Jackson case but just from that description it's not hard to imagine that his motive might go beyond killing just to kill.

ElNono
08-30-2018, 12:12 AM
There are certainly gray areas but even the article you linked disagrees with what you are calling terrorism. Killing for the sake of killing or killing random people because you are mad doesn't qualify as terrorism. As the article states "So once again, it all comes down to motive. Was there a political or ideological agenda behind the attack? "

I don't know the details of the James Harris Jackson case but just from that description it's not hard to imagine that his motive might go beyond killing just to kill.

Jackson specifically said he was going to New York because it was a big media market. It goes to sending a message and to motive.

Post #28 in this thread, probably my 2nd or 3rd post:

well, we don't have the luxury to ask the perpetrator what his motive was in this particular case, but it's clear he wanted to send a message

Some people might disagree with the last part, I'm ok with that. I do think it's one thing to be mad at somebody, and going at that person specifically, or being depressive and going against yourself, vs just shooting up random people 'coz you snapped'.

I think in the latter case, you're trying to send a message. I think it's implicit in the heinous act that was committed. Do they really need to find a suicide note at home, how he was going to show the world they can't mess with him? Or that he's been planning this thing for years? Or that he was an Isis lover? Now it's terror? Same crime. They're not going to charge him, he's dead.

This reminds me the Nuremberg trials, where most Nazis defended themselves against the 'crimes against humanity' charge saying they were just following orders. I'm sure a lot of them were. But they committed such terrible crimes, so horrendous, the motive was just implicit in their actions.