From Downtown
08-27-2018, 01:13 PM
4 titles and a lot of great memories, once a Spur always a Spur :bobo

hater
08-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Ariveeerci

Russ
08-27-2018, 01:27 PM
The Heart and Soul of the Spurs ever since he first set foot on the court.

Safe travels.

:flag:

spurs10
08-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Highest win % in the NBA of players that played more than 1000 games!!! Hate to see him go!

gospursgojas
08-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Around the back dunk on Lakers

48 against suns

Dunk on Heat in finals

Block on harden

I can go on and on. Thanks for the memories Manu.

GAustex
08-27-2018, 01:54 PM
One of a kind. Such a joy to watch. He was the wild card that was the difference.

Seventyniner
08-27-2018, 01:57 PM
I guess this was a hard decision given how late it came. Thanks Manu for everything, even the flaws that made the masterpiece.

superbigtime
08-27-2018, 02:00 PM
A competitor of the highest order and a man of high intellect and character. There will never be another Manu. My favorite player ever. Thank you for so many amazing years Manu.!

Pound the rock
08-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Thank you Manu, I'm fortunate to have witnessed your passion for the game, your fearlessness, your sacrifice physically and for the team as a 6th man

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Seems like it was just yesterday when we were posting videos like these and counting the days until the Spurs would bring Manu over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7tpZcGhz-4

I still remember being so pissed when the Spurs didn't bring him over for the 01-02 season. All my Laker fan friends thought I was nuts when I was telling them the Spurs had a franchise guard stashed in Europe.

Killakobe81
08-27-2018, 04:30 PM
Man he was all the things you admire in a player.
As Laker fan Bum it was tough he was like the cool guy dating your ex or your sister.
YOu want to hate him, feel you have a right o hate him but you just can't ..especially when he stopped flopping.
Once he stopped doing that as much as he did in his early days you can't deny any part of his greatness.

Duncan gotta lot of love here and across NBA circles, but I think Duncan was trh brain of the Spur players ...but Manu was the heart and soul ... it seems his retirement is resonating more with current NBA players and not just the old heads. Impressive stuff.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-27-2018, 04:47 PM
Man he was all the things you admire in a player.
As Laker fan Bum it was tough he was like the cool guy dating your ex or your sister.
YOu want to hate him, feel you have a right o hate him but you just can't ..especially when he stopped flopping.
Once he stopped doing that as much as he did in his early days you can't deny any part of his greatness.

Duncan gotta lot of love here and across NBA circles, but I think Duncan was teh brain of the players ...but Manu was the heart and sould it seems his retirement is resonating more with current NBA players and not just the old heads. Impressive stuff.

:tu

:cry (luck the fakers) :cry

Killakobe81
08-27-2018, 04:52 PM
wasn't aware he sacrificed his right, not left nutt for y'all ...

His legend grows even bigger in my eyes ...
sure most of you guys knew that but shows he really is "nails".

Dex
08-27-2018, 05:08 PM
I was born in San Antonio in 1985, so I obviously missed the Iceman Era. Met him a few times, though. He used to come into Academy when I worked there as a high-schooler and look at all the fishing stuff. Super nice guy.

I grew up during the Robinson days, so I vaguely remember them...but I wasn't a diehard basketball watcher then. I knew Robinson more as a celebrity figure than an athlete, and I didn't get a chance to fully appreciate his talent. As far as "best player" goes, it is probably Duncan #1 and Robinson #2.

But man...watching Ginobili's entire career was a hell of a lot of fun. Overall, I probably saw over 95% of his games. He is definitely my 2nd favorite Spur, and always will be. The only jerseys I have ever worn are Duncan and Ginobili, and I don't see that changing for a long long time.