PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's BS killed The Big 3 Era

SpurPadre
08-27-2018, 03:27 PM
I blame him for TP leaving and Manu retiring, tbh. His pussy antics left a sour taste in their mouths. He didn't just kill this past season, he killed what was left of The Big 3.

Arcadian
08-27-2018, 03:28 PM
It was time. I'm over it. Fresh start, let's go.

RD2191
08-27-2018, 03:28 PM
It was time tbh..

daslicer
08-27-2018, 03:30 PM
I hate Kawhi but you are overreacting. I felt the last few years Manu was career wise like Wizard's Jordan. Sure he had his moments where he was vintage Manu but in a lot of games you could see he was old and washed up. I'm glad he's retired.

SpursDynasty85
08-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Age killed the Big 3. Kawhi's going to regret losing the chance to be a Spurs legend. On to the next era. LMA, DD, Gay, DJ, White, Walker, Poeltl, Bertans,... playoffs here we come.

Keepin' it real
08-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Blame him all you want, but without him, the Spurs would only be 4-time champions.

John B
08-27-2018, 03:40 PM
I just want to blame Kawhi period

Chillen
08-27-2018, 03:42 PM
No, Tim has knee problems and decided to hang it up. Parker left for Charlotte to get more playing time and Manu decided to not give it another season (when it will probably end with Warriors beating the Spurs again).

Sad it's over for the big 3 era but they were one of the best ever should have won more than 4 championships together (Parker, Duncan, Manu).

SpurPadre
08-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Blame him all you want, but without him, the Spurs would only be 4-time champions.

Still 5 time champions, tbh. He fucked us by missing free throws in Game 6, tbh.

BillMc
08-27-2018, 03:55 PM
I am happy to blame Kawhi for anything, rational or not, tbh.

Chinook
08-27-2018, 04:10 PM
The Big Three era needed to end. Going from that to DeRozan and LMA wasn't ideal, but if it can lead to Murray, Walker and Poeltl becoming something good, then it's better than most people could have possibly hoped for when considering how the team would look in 2018 and beyond. I don't regret Manu and especially Tony not being on the roster anymore, though I'm still peeved about what SA got back from the Leonard trade. Still, I think that over all, this summer has more of an astringent feel than anything else. Sure, it burns now, but it leaves everything cleaner for the future.

superbigtime
08-27-2018, 04:20 PM
He definitely sabotaged 2018 playoff run. Undeniable. Hate him.

phxspurfan
08-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Manu probably didn’t want to continue knowing he had no shot at winning. He wasn’t in it for the money, he was a true win at all costs competitor.

On the Kawhi note I really hope they don’t retire his jersey in SA. It would piss me off seeing his name there next to real Spurs Family /Royalty

sasaint
08-27-2018, 04:57 PM

:lol Agree a lot! Ahh... The beauty of being human!

sasaint
08-27-2018, 04:59 PM
It was time. I'm over it. Fresh start, let's go.

It was time tbh..

Agreed.

sasaint
08-27-2018, 05:04 PM
The Big Three era needed to end. Going from that to DeRozan and LMA wasn't ideal, but if it can lead to Murray, Walker and Poeltl becoming something good, then it's better than most people could have possibly hoped for when considering how the team would look in 2018 and beyond. I don't regret Manu and especially Tony not being on the roster anymore, though I'm still peeved about what SA got back from the Leonard trade. Still, I think that over all, this summer has more of an astringent feel than anything else. Sure, it burns now, but it leaves everything cleaner for the future.

The future is now. I don't need my shades just now, but I'll keep 'em close at hand. Manu for one last solo season would have made me sadder than saying "adiós." "Astringent" is a good description of the way I feel.

Mr. Body
08-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Agree. Kawhi destroyed a lot of things in the end. Manu would have played one more year, I think, if Leonard hadn't been such a puss-ass crybaby asshole loser.

PlayBoban
08-27-2018, 05:29 PM
I blame him for TP leaving and Manu retiring, tbh. His pussy antics left a sour taste in their mouths. He didn't just kill this past season, he killed what was left of The Big 3.
He also drove Timmy into retirement tbh....

SASdynasty!
08-27-2018, 05:32 PM
They would be at least 5x champs if he doesn’t miss the free throw to seal G6 in 2013. Spurs probably pull out 2014 also, so maybe 6x.

SpurPadre
08-27-2018, 05:35 PM
He also drove Timmy into retirement tbh....

Fucker also got Trump elected tbh.

BillMc
08-27-2018, 05:45 PM
Kawhi thought the whole "Martha" thing in Batman v. Superman was a good idea.

dbreiden83080
08-27-2018, 05:54 PM
His play helped us get another championship. I am grateful for that. But I hope the rest of his career tanks horribly..

Chillen
08-27-2018, 06:16 PM
I just hope FO quits worrying about that playoff streak and whatever streaks the Spurs with them had. The big 3 era is over that was all about Duncan, Manu, Parker and Pop. We still have Pop but if they miss the playoffs it happens all the time in the NBA, Spurs could definitely use an off year to get a high draft pick. Going 2 decades without being top 5 in the NBA draft is crazy.

Obviously they want to make the playoffs this upcoming season and compete for an NBA championship but those streaks have to end sooner or later.

DPG21920
08-27-2018, 06:22 PM
It’s not about Manu/TP being gone now; that was probably for the best basketball-wise. But they were on the team last season and Kawhi was a b*tch.

BillMc
08-27-2018, 06:24 PM
https://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2013/06/sanantoniospurs.jpg

Spur|n|Austin
08-27-2018, 06:46 PM
Age killed the Big 3. Kawhi's going to regret losing the chance to be a Spurs legend. On to the next era. LMA, DD, Gay, DJ, White, Walker, Poeltl, Bertans,... playoffs here we come.

I do hope one day maturity hits Kawhi and he realizes what he left on the table, not just in terms of money, but also his legacy. Until then, his uncle will keep his nuts in a jar, close at all times.

spurraider21
08-27-2018, 06:53 PM
reported that he's 100% at raptors workouts

not that there was any doubt

Stabula
08-27-2018, 07:22 PM
It still hurts...

MoSpur02
08-27-2018, 07:52 PM

This

offset formation
08-27-2018, 09:23 PM

I think you overlook White in your plans. White will be a stud.

ohmwrecker
08-27-2018, 09:29 PM
It was over when Duncan retired tbh... but Kawhi is a bitch.

ManuTribute
08-27-2018, 11:04 PM
Funny that I decided to register here, after years of following this website, the day that Manu retired.

R to the P McMurphy
08-27-2018, 11:41 PM
fuck kawhitter

Spurtacular
08-28-2018, 12:36 AM
Spurs could've resigned TP if they wanted to. Blame the organization if you don't like that. But as for Manu, I think he would've not retired if Kunt-Y had stayed and we were legit contenders.

Pure Narwhal
08-28-2018, 03:12 AM
Funny that I decided to register here, after years of following this website, the day that Manu retired.
I registered after years of following this site too. But that's because they made me. Assholes.

fukyoteamclown1
08-28-2018, 04:23 AM
I registered after years of following this site too. But that's because they made me. Assholes.

Fukyofeelingsclown

Indianman
08-28-2018, 05:24 AM
I feel ya brother.

james evans
08-28-2018, 08:44 AM
shit, if he's to blame for parker and ginobli leaving, he was more valuable to us than we thought he was. Those guys should have retired a while ago. haha. This player fan shit has to stop. When guys reach a certain age, and can't perform at high levels anymore consistently, it's time to retire. Duncan is my favorite player of all time, but I was very happy he retired when he did. I didn't want to see him playing 12 minutes a game averaging 7 points just to have my favorite player in the uniform. When it's time to go, it's time to go.

james evans
08-28-2018, 08:53 AM
They would be at least 5x champs if he doesn’t miss the free throw to seal G6 in 2013. Spurs probably pull out 2014 also, so maybe 6x.
actually ginobli missed a free throw too right before he did late in the 4th hahaha. And I blame Popovich for putting a 60% freethrow shooter in the fucking game to ice it. I have told this story many times. I was a bar watching game 6 and when I saw Leonard get fouled, I told everyone, "he's gonna miss one of these". He was a HORRIBLE free throw shooter at the time. shooting 60% . He shot like shit all series from the line. Why a 60% freethrow shooter is in the game to secure the victory at the time is something only Popovich can explain to us. And it's not that they fouled him off a rebound. IT WAS COMING OUT OF A FUCKING TIMEOUT!!! So he purposely put in a 60% freethrow shooter for freethrows. Still to this day, I haven't even watched highlight of that game 6. That was by far some of the worst coaching I've ever seen by a hall of fame coach in a finals game.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 10:53 AM
shit, if he's to blame for parker and ginobli leaving, he was more valuable to us than we thought he was. Those guys should have retired a while ago. haha. This player fan shit has to stop. When guys reach a certain age, and can't perform at high levels anymore consistently, it's time to retire. Duncan is my favorite player of all time, but I was very happy he retired when he did. I didn't want to see him playing 12 minutes a game averaging 7 points just to have my favorite player in the uniform. When it's time to go, it's time to go.

Agreed. Just like you said Duncan is my all time favor player but that Thunder series in '16 was unbearable for me. I could not stomach watching Duncan play another full season and seeing him getting his ass whooped by scrubs. These Manutards were insufferable with their fan worship of Manu. Statistically Manu was washed up. If he was on a good team he probably doesn't get any minutes.

Stabula
08-28-2018, 11:01 AM
:cry

Chillen
08-28-2018, 11:20 AM
It was over when Duncan retired tbh... but Kawhi is a bitch.

I disagree, Duncan was the glue and all but Parker left and Ginobili retired, it feels over now.

cd021
08-28-2018, 11:24 AM

It's not like Kawhi carried us to number 5, he was a key piece to be sure though,

cd021
08-28-2018, 11:30 AM
actually ginobli missed a free throw too right before he did late in the 4th hahaha. And I blame Popovich for putting a 60% freethrow shooter in the fucking game to ice it. I have told this story many times. I was a bar watching game 6 and when I saw Leonard get fouled, I told everyone, "he's gonna miss one of these". He was a HORRIBLE free throw shooter at the time. shooting 60% . He shot like shit all series from the line. Why a 60% freethrow shooter is in the game to secure the victory at the time is something only Popovich can explain to us. And it's not that they fouled him off a rebound. IT WAS COMING OUT OF A FUCKING TIMEOUT!!! So he purposely put in a 60% freethrow shooter for freethrows. Still to this day, I haven't even watched highlight of that game 6. That was by far some of the worst coaching I've ever seen by a hall of fame coach in a finals game.

Kawhi was weirdly awful from the line during that entire PS, he had a game against GSW where he missed four or five missed free throws that hurt us later on during that game.

Btw people still never bring up Pop sitting Duncan and Parker for the first 5:30 of the forth, after they helped build a 10 point lead.

Manu, Neal, Green, Diaw and Splitter was the unit that gave up that run and by the time he pit them back in, Miami had cut it to 4 and Parker and Duncan struggled to score after coming back in.

dg7md
08-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Still 5 time champions, tbh. He fucked us by missing free throws in Game 6, tbh.

I do agree that the freethrows cost that game overall, but I don't think we would have won in 2014 if not for the 6 in the first place IMO. That terrorized and motivated the team to get back in there and win it, without that drive I don't know if it would have pushed us past the OKC who always had our number.

Without Kawhi we wouldn't have been that relevant in the modern era. He earned us at least one ring, I doubt we would have been in contention if not for him in the first place. Ringing is hard to do in the NBA, I doubt any team other than Golden State, Los Angeles, or Houston comes close in the near future.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 12:53 PM
I do agree that the freethrows cost that game overall, but I don't think we would have won in 2014 if not for the 6 in the first place IMO. That terrorized and motivated the team to get back in there and win it, without that drive I don't know if it would have pushed us past the OKC who always had our number.

Without Kawhi we wouldn't have been that relevant in the modern era. He earned us at least one ring, I doubt we would have been in contention if not for him in the first place. Ringing is hard to do in the NBA, I doubt any team other than Golden State, Los Angeles, or Houston comes close in the near future.

2014 probably doesn't happen if 2013 didn't occur. I still wish the Spurs had won in 2013 instead of 2014 now with all the bs Kawhi has pulled. I can't really ever enjoy the 2014 team when I look at highlights knowing this scumbag was a huge part of their success. Had the Spurs won in 2013 I could still enjoy it since Kawhi was not a star player yet and Duncan probably gets Finals MVP. 2014 now for me feels the way a tainted college championship feels after a school gets stripped of it due to scandal.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 01:13 PM
It seems like Kawhi is still salty about Manu. His mouthpiece stated in this clip that Manu is not a hall of famer.

43yTYxjQ9Vw

boutons_deux
08-28-2018, 01:20 PM
This asshole slanders Manu as only "a sixth man".

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2018, 05:01 PM
Kawhi's drama certainly took away from Manu and Tony's last moments on the Spurs. He took away the 'legacy' feature of passing the torch to the next great Spur franchise player, which the Spurs thought they had established. David to Tim to …... He also put the pressure on Pop and RC to rebuild what is left of the franchise the Big 3 built.

David left knowing the Spurs were in good hands for the next decade. The future certainly is a little less certain at this point. I'm hopeful, though, that this current group over-achieves. The reality is that Kawhi didn't win anything significant without Tim. Maybe that burden would have ultimately been too much to bear for someone so weak-minded anyway. David was cerebral and was able to win with scraps around him, and handle the criticism that went along with being the only superstar on an over-achieving team that didn't have the horsepower to win consistently in the playoffs. Tim was cerebral, and knew how to bring a talented team together and lead them to greatness year-after-year. Kawhi is a great individual player, but he was never a team guy. He'd never of been THAT kind of leader. He'd always just be stats on a page. Great talent...not a leader.

So it might be good he's gone. Let's see what happens next and what sort of leader takes the reins. The Spurs will have the opportunity to rise up and create a new identity, and maybe forge a closeness that a Kawhi-led team could have never achieved. Let Kawhi be a role player in LeBron's universe...wgaf.

james evans
08-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Kawhi was weirdly awful from the line during that entire PS, he had a game against GSW where he missed four or five missed free throws that hurt us later on during that game.

Btw people still never bring up Pop sitting Duncan and Parker for the first 5:30 of the forth, after they helped build a 10 point lead.

Manu, Neal, Green, Diaw and Splitter was the unit that gave up that run and by the time he pit them back in, Miami had cut it to 4 and Parker and Duncan struggled to score after coming back in.
I talk about it all the time. It's like Popovich was trying to give the game back to Miami . Duncan had a goddamn 25 point first half. You play that mf until he's ready to come out and close this shit out. The 2nd half with Parker going for finals mvp(something he did again in 2014), Duncan being out for both defensive possesions, ginobli stinking it up turning the ball over repeatedly and not guarding the 3 point line when a team is down by 3 with seconds to go. And we still haven't figured out how to defend the 3 point shot when a team is down 3 with seconds to go. As a hall of fame coach, he should not have any players sitting in the paint because no one is driving to the basket.

08-29-2018, 10:12 AM

:lmao

kobyz
08-29-2018, 04:55 PM
it's pop poor coaching, full of himself shit that kill the team not kawhi!

Arcadian
08-29-2018, 06:03 PM
I'm calling bullshit on "2014 doesn't happen without 2013." That was a repeat. I still think it was a repeat, and I was teleported to a bizarre parallel universe where 6 happened.

First of all, Miami was significantly worse in '14, hence why the Spurs won by the largest margin in Finals history.

As for "motivation," how's this for motivation: the first repeat championship in franchise history. That's motivation enough.

And finally, as Pop likes to say, professionals don't need external motivation. They're already motivated, or they wouldn't be playing in the NBA.

It was a repeat.

spurraider21
08-29-2018, 06:11 PM
lol delusional

KDKSpurs24
08-29-2018, 06:22 PM
I'm calling bullshit on "2014 doesn't happen without 2013." That was a repeat. I still think it was a repeat, and I was teleported to a bizarre parallel universe where 6 happened.

First of all, Miami was significantly worse in '14, hence why the Spurs won by the largest margin in Finals history.

As for "motivation," how's this for motivation: the first repeat championship in franchise history. That's motivation enough.

And finally, as Pop likes to say, professionals don't need external motivation. They're already motivated, or they wouldn't be playing in the NBA.

It was a repeat.
It’s not about the Heat. It’s about we would have lost to the Thunder.

Arcadian
08-29-2018, 07:05 PM
Yeah, no.

sventhedog
08-29-2018, 09:45 PM
blame him for manu's bald spot while you're at it. :)

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-29-2018, 10:45 PM
blame him for manu's bald spot while you're at it. :)

the bald spot was a source of external power to keep manu going in old age.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-30-2018, 12:20 AM
It’s not about the Heat. It’s about we would have lost to the Thunder.

This. It took one of the greatest postseason peaking NBA teams in history, with a very big settle to score with Miami, to take out the Thunder in a very tense, brutal 6 games. Im not saying we wouldnt have beaten the Thunder if we won it in 2013. But it would have been a complete toss up.

Indianman
08-30-2018, 02:07 AM
the bald spot was a source of external power to keep manu going in old age.
I thought it was the testicle sacrifice to the dark powers that did that.

Stabula
08-30-2018, 04:16 AM
The more that the dust clears on this off season the more I hate Kawhi. Not even the Dark One would approve of what he did.

alpha_HaZE
08-30-2018, 05:37 PM

That's just BS, it was Stephen Jackson, Dedmon and Jonathon Simmons. If those guys had kept their head straight and didn't form a clique against Manu, Tony and Pau calling them Yes Men and that they get to play without really deserving it, then maybe Kawhi would have stayed.

cpds421
09-01-2018, 02:37 AM
What did Dedmon said? Thought he left on good terms.

venitian navigator
09-01-2018, 02:43 AM
Jackson, Deadmon and Simmons are clear examples of non Spurs mentality and, at the same time, of shitty decisions for their careers...all of them have had pretty bad team outcomes when decided to leave us. Don't even think they mede a lot more money than if they were committed to our team...

venitian navigator
09-01-2018, 06:33 AM
I just watched Bayless on first take saying that Manu 's retirment has a lot to do also with the KL behavior...and then that phenomenon of Chris Carter, aka Kiwhi camp lik asser, saying that Manu should not be considered an all of famer.
Frankly, also not knowing what happened really, considering all things and where they traded him, there have been something really bad between Leonard and the old core.
I see them considering Kiwhi no less than an ungrateful person, and probably in any case a traitor, if not a fraud...
That's not something easy to predict, 'cause all has changed just from the moment uncle Dennis took the reins...but then entire outcome has probably become something difficult to stand for players like the big three that have sacrified body and soul for the greater good of the team.
So probably the title of this thread is right...but at the same time its not, considering I'm happy to still see Manu and Tim in photos contributing to the next team's season. That's the evidence of the behavior of true sportsmans and a truly committed team's players...(apart the fact that Manu and Timmy are still being paid).

Proxy
09-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Kawhi kept it going lol. Fuck the guy, but THANK YOU for helping TD get that last ring

bic50
09-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Jackson, Deadmon and Simmons are clear examples of non Spurs mentality and, at the same time, of shitty decisions for their careers...all of them have had pretty bad team outcomes when decided to leave us. Don't even think they mede a lot more money than if they were committed to our team...
It depends on what those guys expected to happen when they left. I doubt they really expected to win championship or become superstars anywhere else. Simmons claimed there was too many politics. Maybe he's right. Who knows?

venitian navigator
09-01-2018, 04:36 PM
It depends on what those guys expected to happen when they left. I doubt they really expected to win championship or become superstars anywhere else. Simmons claimed there was too many politics. Maybe he's right. Who knows?

politics? Simmons played just a decent reg. season and s good play off.. Deadmon a good reg. season and bad play offs. Both were nothing relevant before coming to our team. But with us they had the opportunity to become decent nba players...
The point is that if you don't learn to put the team interest in first place with us, you're not going to learn it anywhere...despite the evidence that you have improved your value as a player thanks, in big part, to our rules and organization.
its politics when your coach tries to share his wiew about how a successful team has to be managed?
its politics when the winningest trio of basketball players show you the way to behave in a winning way deciding to let the coach treat them the same of the others (Tim), or renouncing to a starter role and a lot of money (Manu and in a lesser way Tony)?
Or maybe is politics to define the correct role in wich your coach sees you involved for the greater good of the team?

imho thats just the way of a winning colture...the same colture that can consent to decent or less than decent players to improve constantly and at the same time be beneficial to not only themselves but also to the team, expecially a team of high level with the gol to comtend for the title.
its in this kind of team interest to make the players improve...and then let them expand their role and consequently pay them more accordingly. But all this have to be balanced and require a certain degree of knowledge and objectivity from the players about the benefit they received and then role they are supposed to have in the future plans of a contender.
that's the way it works for both, players and team, the best way. And works only if the interest of the player in balanced in not only make stats and having money, but also play for a team with the goal to win it all every season...not exactly the Orlando or Atlanta situation...

tbdog
09-01-2018, 09:17 PM

Simmons politics comment was on his role. He wanted a guaranteed role, and the Spurs don't do that for role players. You earn the right to play. I think the Spurs and Simmons agreed on the $ and years but not on the role.

SAGirl
09-01-2018, 09:41 PM
FWIW Simmons agent said they never received an offer from the Spurs beyond a very small 1 yr QO.

I think the Spurs were waiting for him to get an offer and see if they would match (just like K.Anderson), but along the way, JSimms felt insulted by the Spurs, realized that the free agency market was rough and if he wanted to sign elsewhere b4 teams ran out of money, he had to be more aggressive and just decided to leave. He's asked out of his QO and signed in Orlando not just bc they offered more money but bc they offered him more minutes and possibilities for a larger role.

Since89
09-02-2018, 01:23 AM

Thats because POP is a fucking hack. It was always Tim Duncan.

DMC
09-04-2018, 11:14 PM
No big 3, no Spurs championships.

Kawhi was the recipient of an award for playing slightly above Patty Mills.

DMC
09-04-2018, 11:15 PM
I do hope one day maturity hits Kawhi and he realizes what he left on the table, not just in terms of money, but also his legacy. Until then, his uncle will keep his nuts in a jar, close at all times.

No offense, but outside of this area, no one gives a shit about the Spurs, so "Spurs legend" doesn't mean anything. Most NBA fans cannot name a Spurs player prior to David Robinson outside of maybe Gervin. They probably cannot name anyone between David and Tim's rookie years except David and Tim. They know the big 3 but they don't know who was 4th before the most recent championship group. They know who Horry is but mostly because of his Lakers and Rockets days. They probably think Tony and Manu were drafted in the lottery.

When the coach gets more face time with the media than the rest of the team combined, that "legacy" carrot doesn't seem that attractive to someone who could be the same in a larger market like LA.

Spurtacular
09-04-2018, 11:39 PM
No offense, but outside of this area, no one gives a shit about the Spurs, so "Spurs legend" doesn't mean anything. Most NBA fans cannot name a Spurs player prior to David Robinson outside of maybe Gervin. They probably cannot name anyone between David and Tim's rookie years except David and Tim. They know the big 3 but they don't know who was 4th before the most recent championship group. They know who Horry is but mostly because of his Lakers and Rockets days. They probably think Tony and Manu were drafted in the lottery.

When the coach gets more face time with the media than the rest of the team combined, that "legacy" carrot doesn't seem that attractive to someone who could be the same in a larger market like LA.

Well, considering the average fan is 14 years old, I think they only know who's dick they're sucking. Most haven't even watched a Larry Bird or Kareem highlight video, tbh.

DMC
09-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Well, considering the average fan is 14 years old, I think they only know who's dick they're sucking. Most haven't even watched a Larry Bird or Kareem highlight video, tbh.

The average NBA fan is about 40 years old, but if I take you at your word, then the term "legend" has no credibility in this discussion.

Spurtacular
09-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Then the term "legend" has no credibility in this discussion.

Nah. I'm just saying that it's two to ten percent of fans that are purists or true followers of the game. Their opinions are obviously the most valuable. I'm saying that a ground swell of en vogue opinions are pretty well worthless though.

Spurtacular
09-04-2018, 11:51 PM
The average NBA fan is about 40 years old, but if I take you at your word, then the term "legend" has no credibility in this discussion.

Fan might be a very loose definition. It's teens and preteens feeding the beast.

DMC
09-05-2018, 12:00 AM
Fan might be a very loose definition. It's teens and preteens feeding the beast.

I'm using nationally gathered stats, not gut feeling.

Most sites claim anywhere between 38 - 47 as the average age of the NBA fan. Teens and preteens don't have the money to feed the beast.

DMC
09-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Nah. I'm just saying that it's two to ten percent of fans that are purists or true followers of the game. Their opinions are obviously the most valuable. I'm saying that a ground swell of en vogue opinions are pretty well worthless though.

Valuable to whom other than themselves?

Spurtacular
09-05-2018, 12:02 AM
I'm using nationally gathered stats, not gut feeling.

Most sites claim anywhere between 38 - 47 as the average age of the NBA fan. Teens and preteens don't have the money to feed the beast.

Obviously using their parents' money. They're the ones buying the jersey, watching most games, etc. perennially. Adults tend to grow out of it some. This has always been the lay of the landscape as I understand it; not merely a "gut feeling".

DMC
09-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Obviously using their parents' money. They're the ones buying the jersey, watching most games, etc. perennially. Adults tend to grow out of it some. This has always been the lay of the landscape as I understand it; not merely a "gut feeling".

You say "as I understand it". Where do you get your information? I'd like to see the stats.

Spurtacular
09-05-2018, 11:24 PM
You say "as I understand it". Where do you get your information? I'd like to see the stats.

It's what I've seen over the years. I don't save tabs; and if you think I'm wrong, well maybe.

Cryptic Parable
09-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Big 3 era ended when Duncan retired

Killakobe81
09-06-2018, 02:26 PM

It was a repeat.

:lmao:lmao

Arcadian
09-06-2018, 03:01 PM
:lmao:lmao

:lol "The '14 Spurs would magically be worse if they didn't catch an unlucky break in '13."

That's the alternative position.

SAGirl
09-06-2018, 03:29 PM
It wasn't Kawhi, the big 3 got old. Timmy retired, so there it goes.

It was bound to end at some point. You old school fans had them longer than most teams have their stars.

ManuTribute
03-28-2019, 10:45 PM
And came back for second time tonight, when they retire Manu jersey.
I am a man for the big occasions.

phxspurfan
03-28-2019, 11:00 PM
Kawhi definitely killed this era. Cast a giant dark cloud that sucked all the good vibes out of the organization.

ZeusWillJudge
03-28-2019, 11:05 PM
Kawhi helped the Big 3 go off into the sunset with one more ring. It would have been nice to win back to back, but '13 was one of those crazy things that would take the heart our of a lot of teams. The fact that they came back the next year may be more of a tribut to the Big 3 than winning back to back would have been. Kawhi was a big part of that. He didn't do anything to kill the Big 3. He was supposed to be the future, and he put a big dent in that. But the Big 3 era had a good long run - longer than most people imagined. All the experts were saying the team was too old at least five years before that.

paperboy77
03-28-2019, 11:10 PM
Y'all notice KL wasn't in any frame of that Manu video? Great call by somebody!

daslicer
03-28-2019, 11:15 PM
Kawhi definitely killed this era. Cast a giant dark cloud that sucked all the good vibes out of the organization.

I'm just glad he's gone. Sure the Spurs are not title contenders but I could not imagine rooting for a team with grade A diva like him. The Spurs organization will get some closure when this clown goes to the Clippers. It will pretty much clear the Spurs rep and show the rest of the league and media that this clown really wanted to be in LA.

daslicer
03-28-2019, 11:15 PM

Neither was Stephen Jackson.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
03-28-2019, 11:18 PM

Agreed.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
03-28-2019, 11:19 PM
Neither was Stephen Jackson.

Good.

offset formation
03-28-2019, 11:30 PM

Fuckin A right. He was held out for load management.

Wonder if that came from Manu? Doubtful given Manu is a class act but I know Manu hated what Kawhi did to them last year. More likely, the video editing team had no fucks to give with reflecting his image on the same night they honored the truest epitome of what it means to be a Spur and chose not to tarnish that with the worst example of Spurdom.

hombre
03-29-2019, 01:30 AM
And Manu thanked them.