PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Austin and SA

resistanze
08-27-2018, 08:39 PM
Gonna be in Austin over the long weekend (and SA for a day trip). What are some good suggestions for good eats?

Chris
08-27-2018, 08:45 PM
Mexican Manhattan has the best food in San Antonio imo, but you might have to park a few blocks away.

Trill Clinton
08-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Mrs Kitchen for soul food
Boiler House in The Pearl for brunch or dinner and drinks
Eddie V's is my personal fav

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Gonna be in Austin over the long weekend (and SA for a day trip). What are some good suggestions for good eats?

Check In N Out

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 09:15 PM
Seriously though, if you like BBQ there are some amazing places between Austin and San Antonio in Lockhart and Luling. Blacks, Smitty's, and City Market are all outstanding and I have a hard time picking a favorite between the three. Every time I go out to Smitty's I make sure to get a shitload of frozen sausage to take home too. Franklin's in Austin is probably the most famous BBQ joint in the world, but I wouldn't wait five hours in line even if I got to fuck his wife and daughter with my meal. In San Antonio Two Brothers has brisket on par with Black's, Smitty's, and City Market IMO, but the ribs and especially the sausage fall way short. One rule with good BBQ joints though: don't go there at 5PM or 6PM and expect to get whatever meat you want. Motherfuckers will run out sometimes. Also all those places have pretty lackluster sides. Just get the meat tbh, don't fill up on the average beans, potato salad, and so on at these places.

SpursforSix
08-27-2018, 09:30 PM
If you want to go upscale, I think both cities have Outbacks.

Xevious
08-27-2018, 09:32 PM
Seriously though, if you like BBQ there are some amazing places between Austin and San Antonio in Lockhart and Luling. Blacks, Smitty's, and City Market are all outstanding and I have a hard time picking a favorite between the three. Every time I go out to Smitty's I make sure to get a shitload of frozen sausage to take home too. Franklin's in Austin is probably the most famous BBQ joint in the world, but I wouldn't wait five hours in line even if I got to fuck his wife and daughter with my meal. In San Antonio Two Brothers has brisket on par with Black's, Smitty's, and City Market IMO, but the ribs and especially the sausage fall way short. One rule with good BBQ joints though: don't go there at 5PM or 6PM and expect to get whatever meat you want. Motherfuckers will run out sometimes. Also all those places have pretty lackluster sides. Just get the meat tbh, don't fill up on the average beans, potato salad, and so on at these places.
Have you been to the new Blacks location in New Braunfels? Just wondering if it's on par with the original.

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Have you been to the new Blacks location in New Braunfels? Just wondering if it's on par with the original.

Ugh they expanded? I hope the quality of the original hasn't suffered.

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Also if anyone tells you to go to Rudy's for BBQ, punch him right in the cock. You could probably get better Texas BBQ in Toronto than at Rudy's.

SpursforSix
08-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Also if anyone tells you to go to Rudy's for BBQ, punch him right in the cock. You could probably get better Texas BBQ in Toronto than at Rudy's.

Lol. What a rip off. They’re the Bose of BBQ.

SpursforSix
08-27-2018, 10:08 PM
For great BBQ, keep an eye out for a place called, “Springcreek”.

Xevious
08-27-2018, 10:17 PM
Ugh they expanded? I hope the quality of the original hasn't suffered.
Yeah they bought the Rudys location on 46 and Rudys moved down the street. Not sure why. I just wonder if it tastes the same, because that's a lot closer than Lockhart.

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 10:17 PM
Lol. What a rip off. They’re the Bose of BBQ.

LOL. I was going to say they were the Pro Wings of BBQ, but Pro Wings were cheap. Rudy's has the shittiest brisket I have ever had. Flavorless and just filled with unrendered chewy fat. What do they smoke their brisket for, half an hour?

baseline bum
08-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Yeah they bought the Rudys location on 46 and Rudys moved down the street. Not sure why. I just wonder if it tastes the same, because that's a lot closer than Lockhart.

Fuck man, if they did anything other than burn that Rudy's to the ground after buying it I'm going to have to rethink Blacks. :lol

SpursforSix
08-27-2018, 10:26 PM
LOL. I was going to say they were the Pro Wings of BBQ, but Pro Wings were cheap. Rudy's has the shittiest brisket I have ever had. Flavorless and just filled with unrendered chewy fat. What do they smoke their brisket for, half an hour?

I think I’ve been three times to different ones because someone else just had to go there. It’s been years but I remember alway being shocked at how much I had just paid for shitty BBQ. IIRC, it was like $10 just for some slices of brisket. Somehow, a lot of people love it.

DJR210
08-27-2018, 10:38 PM

Pro Wings :lmao

There was a rival poverty shoe company from that era I used to get stuck with called XJ900..Remember them?

mrsmaalox
08-28-2018, 09:30 AM
I like Pinthouse Pizza and Brewery in Austin. Crisp crust with big bubbles and good beers that match up real well

mrsmaalox
08-28-2018, 09:44 AM
I’ve been to the Luling and Lockhart bbq places and been very happy. The place that seems to always miss the mark with me is Cooper’s. Been to 2 of them and the chicken was the only thing I liked. In town Austin, you might try Stiles Switch. I’ve always been satisfied there. They do these great lunch specials like giant sandwiches or burgers or nachos with the meat.

leemajors
08-28-2018, 11:37 AM
Pieous is out in Dripping Springs, but they have amazing pizza and their smoked pastrami is out of this world. Would take it over any of the BBQ places in town. Uchiko for sushi, Odd Duck, Salt and Time and Dai Due for butcher/restaurant, Launderette. Franklin also has an asian fusion place called Loro that is supposed to be amazing but I haven't been yet. My brother and a good friend said it was awesome.

DJR210
08-28-2018, 02:09 PM
Beats

SpursforSix
08-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Beats

damn...I missed it

FrostKing
08-28-2018, 02:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/m00h567.png

Xevious
08-28-2018, 03:16 PM
In N Out's burgers are fucking gross. :lol

lol at that picture though. Same thing happened when Krispy Kreme moved into town. People were camped outside and there was a line of cars down the freeway.

RGMCSE
08-28-2018, 03:21 PM

lol at that picture though. Same thing happened when Krispy Kreme moved into town. People were camped outside and there was a line of cars down the freeway.

They are are gross but you know what? WhatAburger is gross now too. Last time I went the burger was cold. How the fuck do you serve a cold ass burger? That shit was the last time. Best burger is on my pit at home.

Pavlov
08-28-2018, 03:42 PM
In-n-Out was totally cockblocked in Austin by P. Terry which is pretty much the same burger. Hell, even McDonald's made a move on them with the fresh beef Quarter Pounder. Whataburger isn't really worth the wait anymore.

DJR210
08-28-2018, 03:55 PM

That shit happened right around the corner from me.. Passed by and seriously felt ashamed to be born and raised San Antonian.. these fat ass sharpie eyebrow diabeetus calloused heel west siders did the same shit for Kyrstal Burger when it opened for some reason.. Plus we had the Katrina evacuees here so it was a huge line onto the access road of built in callous shoes and dreadlocks with gold grills all waiting for some shitty White Castle knock offs..

rjv
08-28-2018, 04:02 PM

it's not. but that doesn't mean it's not pretty decent. the brisket is still pretty spot on. personally, i think hays county BBQ in san marcos is better.

Spurs Homer
08-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Austin - Hopdoddy

resistanze
08-28-2018, 05:23 PM
In N Out is not gross, wtf :lol

ColinB
08-28-2018, 05:28 PM
Via 313.

BD24
08-28-2018, 07:33 PM
The Patio in San Antonio is pretty damn good at a really reasonable price, it’s in Southtown which I would reccomend checking in general.

if you want some good soul food mr and mrs G’s is fire. Bonus points, you don’t have to worry about running into Chris there because he is scared of black people

benefactor
08-28-2018, 07:40 PM
Austin - Hopdoddy
Pretty much every time I'm there tbh

DisAsTerBot
08-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Via 313.

This for pizza

Spurs Homer
08-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Pretty much every time I'm there tbh

Thirsty Goat brew?

yup

baseline bum
08-28-2018, 09:58 PM

People in Texas get butthurt about Whataburger being bettered by In N Out.

Chucho
08-28-2018, 10:10 PM
In and Out makes a better burger than Whataburger. I put Texas food over Cali food almost all the time, but In and Out had a better burger than Whataburger.

Best burger in San Antonio is Chester's tho, tbh, FWIW.

Chinook
08-28-2018, 10:41 PM

It's not so much gross as it is fucking disgusting. But sure.

resistanze
08-28-2018, 10:43 PM

See now I'm gonna try Whataburger and be let down how it's not better than gross In-N-Out tbh

DJR210
08-29-2018, 02:08 AM
See now I'm gonna try Whataburger and be let down how it's not better than gross In-N-Out tbh

Whataburger is a solid burger but I'm not one of people in TX that puts them on a pedestal.. The patty melt is worth trying though if you go, IMO

Tbh I wanna try Shake Shack..

Xevious
08-29-2018, 06:34 AM
Has nothing to do with Whataburger as I'm not a huge fan of theirs either. But I've been to In N Out three times in different cities and I've left disappointed every time.

Xevious
08-29-2018, 06:35 AM
Tbh I wanna try Shake Shack..
Only been once but Shake Shack is good. :tu

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-29-2018, 11:15 AM
i tried in n out and the burger was good. i can't recall ever getting worse fries than they served however. just dumped the 3/4 full bag into the garbage. no flavor not worth the effort chewing and swallowing. burger was good though

Blake
08-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Austin - Hopdoddy

There's one at the Rim in SA.

I wasn't impressed with the burger nor the atmosphere. I may have to try one more time just to make sure.

I did like the fries tho

mrsmaalox
08-29-2018, 12:11 PM
I’ve been to Hopdoddy in Dallas, Austin and here at the Rim. One of my favorite places. But the last time I was at the Rim must have been during a heavy meat grinding session, because the place reeked of blood and raw meat. I had to pack it up after a couple of bites so I could get to somewhere I could actually taste something. But that one instance won’t keep me away yet.

SpursforSix
08-29-2018, 12:16 PM
But the last time I was at the Rim must have been during a heavy meat grinding session, because the place reeked of blood and raw meat.

Bend over, I'll fucking show you a heavy meat grinding session.

Chucho
08-29-2018, 12:21 PM
i tried in n out and the burger was good. i can't recall ever getting worse fries than they served however. just dumped the 3/4 full bag into the garbage. no flavor not worth the effort chewing and swallowing. burger was good though

Yeah, their fries suck. But for a fast food burger, their burger is solid. Better than the soggy mess that encompasses a cold, dry patty from Whataburger.

Spurs Homer
08-29-2018, 12:24 PM

I wasn't impressed with the burger nor the atmosphere. I may have to try one more time just to make sure.

I did like the fries tho

Their regular fries are ok -
but their fancee schmancy truffle fries do not suck!

SpursforSix
08-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Yeah, their fries suck. But for a fast food burger, their burger is solid. Better than the soggy mess that encompasses a cold, dry patty from Whataburger.

Bend over, I'll fucking show you a soggy mess.

DJR210
08-29-2018, 01:33 PM

Bend over I'll show you a rim

Blake
08-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Bend over I'll show you a rim

Dude I don't think you thought that one out very well.

leemajors
08-29-2018, 05:12 PM
It's not so much gross as it is fucking disgusting. But sure.

I like it, especially animal fries - do you not like the spread?

leemajors
08-29-2018, 05:13 PM

No one praising Whataburger ever wants to talk about their baseline shit service. The food can be great, but more often than not they fuck something up and just have ducks taking orders.

Chinook
08-29-2018, 07:21 PM
I like it, especially animal fries - do you not like the spread?

I don't like the way the burgers taste. I'm not a huge fan of Whataburger's plain burgers either, so maybe it's just me. But I just feel like whatever I'm getting from them seems half-cooked and half-flavored. And I've been to three In-and-Outs in my life, including one in Phoenix, so it's not likely just the fault of a bad location.

Chris
08-29-2018, 07:37 PM
The patty melt

My go to but I prefer it on a bun instead of the toast.

Their jalapeno biscuit with sausage egg and cheese is amazing and the honey butter chicken biscuit :tu

The taquitos used to be really good in early 2000's but they cheap out on the tortillas now.

BD24
08-29-2018, 10:51 PM
My go to but I prefer it on a bun instead of the toast.

Their jalapeno biscuit with sausage egg and cheese is amazing and the honey butter chicken biscuit :tu

The taquitos used to be really good in early 2000's but they cheap out on the tortillas now.
One of my favorite breakfast items.

Monterrey Melt is probably my favorite burger followed closely by the Patty Melt

RGMCSE
08-30-2018, 12:26 AM
Only been once but Shake Shack is good. :tu

Shake shack is good and I like the fact that they are expensive. It drives away all the neck tatted dumbasses around town. But damn I had to ride an extra 5 miles on the bike on my evening workout just to get rid of the guilt and shame.

Blake
08-30-2018, 08:12 AM
See I think shake shack burgers are like Wendy's burgers but twice the price

mrsmaalox
08-30-2018, 09:00 AM
Bend over, I'll fucking show you a heavy meat grinding session.

Well that was completely unexpected ;)

Hey while I’m here...is it just me or is everyone having to log in every time you skip from one forum to another?

SpursforSix
08-30-2018, 12:48 PM

Hey while I’m here...is it just me or is everyone having to log in every time you skip from one forum to another?

sorry...I can't discriminate the line based on sex.

Yeah...you have to log on every time you want to read a thread

johnsmith
08-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Deckhand - round Rock

Blake
08-30-2018, 02:23 PM

No problem for me yet

Pavlov
08-30-2018, 02:38 PM

Hey while I’m here...is it just me or is everyone having to log in every time you skip from one forum to another?I had a similar problem right when the server changed but no longer. I'd tell timvp about it as he's still troubleshooting.

RGMCSE
08-30-2018, 05:59 PM
In and Out to All the extreme leftists. “ how my ass taste”

baseline bum
08-30-2018, 06:08 PM

That's not news than In N Out is on the right. They have been printing bible verses on the bottom inside corner of their cups for decades.

Pavlov
08-30-2018, 06:18 PM
That's not news than In N Out is on the right. They have been printing bible verses on the bottom inside corner of their cups for decades.:lmao He thought we were going to freak out and boycott over a political contribution.

Pavlov
08-30-2018, 06:19 PM

1034921393769590786Do you watch Netflix?

FrostKing
08-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Racist cheeseburgers. Am I right?

Chris
08-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Racist cheeseburgers. Am I right?

Profits went sky high after Liberals announced the boycott :lol

RGMCSE
08-30-2018, 08:11 PM
:lmao He thought we were going to freak out and boycott over a political contribution.

I dont have to think jack shit. Go look at the boycott outrage in Cali and on twitter. Lol being so mad at a burger chain for donating to a party. Lol butt hurt leftists.

RGMCSE
08-30-2018, 11:48 PM
Do you watch Netflix?

Do you watch the San Antonio Spurs?

RobertWalsh
08-31-2018, 03:12 AM
where in Austin can you eat Chinese noodles?

Pavlov
08-31-2018, 03:16 AM
I dont have to think jack shit. Go look at the boycott outrage in Cali and on twitter. Lol being so mad at a burger chain for donating to a party. Lol butt hurt leftists.Seems important to you.

Pavlov
08-31-2018, 03:17 AM
Do you watch the San Antonio Spurs?Absolutely. Norman political contributions do not trigger me.

Do you watch Netflix?

DMC
08-31-2018, 05:06 AM
japmex

yellow fish, i think, near the rim

RGMCSE
08-31-2018, 05:22 AM
Seems important to you.

I think it’s funny to watch extreme leftists cry over every little thing in life and be offended at every turn. Lol calling for boycotts of a chain restaurant over something so benign. Typical.

leemajors
08-31-2018, 09:23 AM
where in Austin can you eat Chinese noodles?

Asia Cafe off spicewood is really good. The dumplings are fantastic.

Pavlov
08-31-2018, 09:57 AM
I think it’s funny to watch extreme leftists cry over every little thing in life and be offended at every turn. Lol calling for boycotts of a chain restaurant over something so benign. Typical.
Like you guys wanting to boycott Netflix. Typical.

mrsmaalox
08-31-2018, 10:53 AM

Typically busting up Keurigs :)

manufan10
08-31-2018, 11:00 AM
I've never had a cold patty from Whataburger.

In-N-Out was okay. I think it was disappointing because people hyped it up so much, but it didn't seem that great. Definitely better than McDonald's or Burger King.

Next time I'm in San Antonio I'll have to try Shake Shack. I've never had it before, but I love trying new burgers.

leemajors
08-31-2018, 01:48 PM
I've never had a cold patty from Whataburger.

In-N-Out was okay. I think it was disappointing because people hyped it up so much, but it didn't seem that great. Definitely better than McDonald's or Burger King.

Next time I'm in San Antonio I'll have to try Shake Shack. I've never had it before, but I love trying new burgers.

You should try their cold french fries in a potato egg and cheese taquito :lmao

Geo210SpursSanAnto.
08-31-2018, 03:22 PM
Try some rolando's tacos on Hildebrand.... Get you a tejas sized taco.. Or el palmar on jackson keller and vance jackson.

spurraider21
08-31-2018, 03:30 PM
i hope people boycott in n out if it means the line will be shorter

DJR210
08-31-2018, 04:26 PM
Try some rolando's tacos on Hildebrand.... Get you a tejas sized taco.. Or el palmar on jackson keller and vance jackson.

Rolando's is the shit.. 5 bucks for one taco and you're set

johnsmith
09-01-2018, 08:35 AM
I’m gonna say it, and I’m sorry, but I’m & Out is not even a good burger.

Capt Bringdown
09-01-2018, 03:52 PM
You can pass on San Antonio and focus on Austin. San Antonio is not a foodie town.

FrostKing
09-01-2018, 03:59 PM
I’m gonna say it, and I’m sorry, but I’m & Out is not even a good burger.
At $5 for a cheeseburger + fries. Consider their freshness, that is a great burger

Ginobilly
09-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Two brothers is ok. I personally think b&b on the southside is a bit better.

RGMCSE
09-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Whose you guys? Don’t lump me in anything. You don’t know my political stance.

Pavlov
09-02-2018, 12:09 AM
Whose you guys? Don’t lump me in anything. You don’t know my political stance.OK, what is your political stance?

resistanze
09-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Went to Black's BBQ in Lockheart and Terry blacks in Austin. Excellent :tu

Had Whataburger, for burgers I'd rank it in-N-Out > Shake Shack >> Whatburger. For fries, it's the reverse tbh

DJR210
09-03-2018, 07:42 PM
:lol somebody liking Whataburgers flavorless soggy fries that's a first

resistanze
09-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Via 313.

:tu very good. the sauce was superb

resistanze
09-06-2018, 08:41 PM
:lol somebody liking Whataburgers flavorless soggy fries that's a first

was crispy af tbh :lol

DJR210
09-06-2018, 11:56 PM
was crispy af tbh :lol

You must have eaten in the restaurant..

Xevious
09-08-2018, 10:47 PM
it's not. but that doesn't mean it's not pretty decent. the brisket is still pretty spot on. personally, i think hays county BBQ in san marcos is better.
I went ahead and checked out the new Black's location. Hugely disappointed. I've had better Brisket at Smokey Mo's.

lefty
09-09-2018, 11:12 AM
So when you guys are traveling, the first thing you look up/ask about are restaurants?

:lmao holy shit

baseline bum
09-09-2018, 01:03 PM
So when you guys are traveling, the first thing you look up/ask about are restaurants?

Had to do the recommendations for whorehouses via PM.

Pavlov
09-09-2018, 01:19 PM
I like how we inevitably talk about burgers like real gourmands.

lefty
09-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Share, MF'er

I like how we inevitably talk about burgers like real gourmands.

:lol tbh

DJR210
09-09-2018, 01:57 PM

I just deleted some old PM's, send again

Chomag
09-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Have any of y'all tried Blanco BBQ ? I have a couple of times and their brisket and sausage have been on point.

benefactor
09-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Blacks is legit. Had it for the first time this past weekend

resistanze
09-10-2018, 02:59 PM

You think I went to Texas for the fucking museums niggas?

baseline bum
09-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Blacks is legit. Had it for the first time this past weekend

I dig the jalapeno cornbread there too. I thought CosmicCowboy was full of shit when he kept talking about how great it was when he made it, but that shit really works well together. It's the only side I ever get there.

baseline bum
09-10-2018, 10:07 PM

West Texas is the place to be if you're interested in anything outside of food in Texas. Great night skies and Big Bend has some really cool hiking. I thought I wouldn't be too impressed after hiking in Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Ansel Adams National Forest, etc but there are some beautiful places in the park. Plus you can jump in the Rio Grande and be an honorary wetback while making an illegal border crossing.

Spurs Homer
09-11-2018, 10:12 AM
West Texas is the place to be if you're interested in anything outside of food in Texas. Great night skies and Big Bend has some really cool hiking. I thought I wouldn't be too impressed after hiking in Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Ansel Adams National Forest, etc but there are some beautiful places in the park. Plus you can jump in the Rio Grande and be an honorary wetback while making an illegal border crossing.

You are lucky some Trump cultist didn't shoot you dead! What do those idiots on the border call themselves? Freedom - something or other.

baseline bum
09-11-2018, 11:54 AM
You are lucky some Trump cultist didn't shoot you dead! What do those idiots on the border call themselves? Freedom - something or other.

I'm white and asian but look white so I'd be ok.

The Gemini Method
09-11-2018, 02:25 PM
In-N-Out is definitely a Right leaning entity. However, they've donated contributions to multiple of organizations. Some more left leaning and some more Conservative. Those who boycott them--that's their prerogative. As it is for the clowns who burned their Nike apparel. Your choice. It is, however, not thinning the lines out because Californians are kind of cultish on In N Out. I don't care for the fries. But if you get them extra done, they're more crispy. I like the fact they don't have chemicals and so that's a plus. To the person who said Texas has better food. That's not entirely true as the sushi is better in California.

lefty
09-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Well they have Fort Alamo!!!!!
Where that Disney character Davy Crock...

Nevermind, can't blame you :lol

resistanze
09-11-2018, 06:21 PM

I went to the Alamo tbh. A lot of fat ppl.

baseline bum
09-11-2018, 07:03 PM

Davy Cuckett getting wrecked by a bunch of broke ass wetbacks :lol

resistanze
09-11-2018, 09:29 PM

He didn't surrender! I swear!

johnsmith
09-12-2018, 12:51 PM

You could say that about literally any part of SA....lots and lots and lots of obesity.

BD24
09-12-2018, 08:30 PM
You could say that about literally any part of SA....lots and lots and lots of obesity.
People at the alamo arent from San Antonio tbh. You think the locals are going to the Alamo every weekend? :lol

lefty
09-12-2018, 09:10 PM

I need to go there.

I might be the fittest person around for once.

lefty
09-12-2018, 09:10 PM
:lol

baseline bum
09-12-2018, 09:52 PM
I need to go there.

I might be the fittest person around for once.

You're looking to impress all those big ol' women?

johnsmith
09-13-2018, 06:54 AM
People at the alamo arent from San Antonio tbh. You think the locals are going to the Alamo every weekend? :lol

So you’re saying SA isn’t one of the fattest cities in the country?

Furthermore, can you please show me where I implied that locals are at the Alamo? Dummy

Nivek_ogre
09-14-2018, 07:55 PM
In-N-Out sucks and honestly so does whataburger

Nivek_ogre
09-14-2018, 08:13 PM
When downtown I like Schilos, Kimura, Rebelle, Thai Lao orchid, La panaderia, Rosella at the Rand, Gwendolyn, Guillermos, and Pinch boil house. Avoid most of the Riverwalk. There are a few good restaurants but I can't remember.

DMC
09-15-2018, 03:35 PM

If you've ever been to Schlitterbahn on a weekday morning... you'd see a parade of fat pale old women. It's disgusting.

DJR210
09-15-2018, 05:21 PM
If you've ever been to Schlitterbahn on a weekday morning... you'd see a parade of fat pale old women. It's disgusting.

:lol weekday mornings are the shit except for that fact

Nothing like standing in line on some stairs at Schlitterbahn with a beautiful corn fed white bitches bubble ass right in your face though.. gotta time it right if you like to avoid crowds on a weekday I guess

Ginobilly
09-22-2018, 09:19 AM
In-N-Out sucks and honestly so does whataburger

Both restaurants are ok. I don't get all the dumb pissing contests about whose better. Arguing about fast food burgers...😂 the best burgers are homemade: 80/20 ground meat, put some eggs/mustard/ketchup/salt/pepper/mashed crackers...over mesquite. Put some bacon on the grill. Top them off with muenster cheese. Drown it down with a good ipa. Your set! Cant beat burgers over mesquite done tejano style!

Trill Clinton
10-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Via 313.

Went to the one on guadalupe today and had the detroiter and the cadillac. Both were good asf.

Millennial_Messiah
10-09-2018, 01:26 AM
pick out the nearest run down mexican restaurant that looks like it's a place where hard drugs like dope and marijuana and ak 47s are traded. eat there.

johnsmith
10-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Went to the one on guadalupe today and had the detroiter and the cadillac. Both were good asf.

I just had that for the first time last week. Cadillac tastes like candy....so good!

Flawless
10-09-2018, 02:10 PM
The Tex-Mex food in Austin is absolute garbage. However, in the domain they have some decent places. Recently visited Jinya Ramen, their food was pretty good. If you are into ramen cuisine, try it out. They also have some good burger and tacos joints in the domain as well.

johnsmith
10-11-2018, 10:56 AM
The Tex-Mex food in Austin is absolute garbage. However, in the domain they have some decent places. Recently visited Jinya Ramen, their food was pretty good. If you are into ramen cuisine, try it out. They also have some good burger and tacos joints in the domain as well.

Even the regular Mexican food in Austin is pretty trash. Lots of great alternatives though!

Flawless
10-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Even the regular Mexican food in Austin is pretty trash. Lots of great alternatives though! I don't consider their 'Mexican' food mexican at all. It's Tex-Mex at best, they should stick to other food options. However, they do have some good Indian and Asian food places around the area.

johnsmith
10-11-2018, 04:49 PM
I don't consider their 'Mexican' food mexican at all. It's Tex-Mex at best, they should stick to other food options. However, they do have some good Indian and Asian food places around the area.

You try Deckhand up in round rock? That has become my favorite.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-12-2018, 07:55 AM
Aye yo yo where can I get a real legit burrito in San Antonio? And none of that bare bones south of tha border shit, I want pico, tons of american cheese, and sour cream in this muhfucka

tlongII
10-12-2018, 02:41 PM
S. A. PRIME

Chucho
10-12-2018, 03:59 PM
pick out the nearest run down mexican restaurant that looks like it's a place where hard drugs like dope and marijuana and ak 47s are traded. eat there.

Easily the most ghetto ass place I ate at was this joint near the old Elizan Courts. The Mexican family/staff lived in a space that was joined and only separated by a screen security door. You could see their living room through the door and the kids sitting on the couch, watching television. Some of the best god damned Mexican food I ever paid for.

BD24
10-13-2018, 09:05 PM
Ate at a new place called anthem off Rainey street today. Hawainan food. Food was delicious and they had a decent beer selection as well. Was a bit pricey, but nothing out of the ordinary for Rainey. Would recommend to friends and family.

DJR210
10-14-2018, 01:32 AM
Aye yo yo where can I get a real legit burrito in San Antonio? And none of that bare bones south of tha border shit, I want pico, tons of american cheese, and sour cream in this muhfucka

Go to Chacho's.. the one on Poss

Flawless
10-14-2018, 03:30 PM
You try Deckhand up in round rock? That has become my favorite. Haven't tried that, Round Rock from what I hear has some good places. I'll look into trying it once I'm around the area again.

Spurs Homer
10-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Miso - Round Rock -

not a huge fan of Korean (Miso = korean/japanese cuisine) food - but their Chicken Katsu is like the best fried chicken and gravy I ever had lol.

The Salmon Lover sushi rolls are probably the best sushi rolls I have had in Texas.

:hungry:

Winehole23
10-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Asia Cafe off spicewood is really good. The dumplings are fantastic.Asia Cafe is legit