PDA

View Full Version : Argentina question

j-6
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
I read an article in the local paper this week about a race between the current President's wife and the former President's wife for a Senate seat in Argentina. Weren't elections sometime this weekend?

(1) Did the former president have some sort of term limit, so he ran his wife instead?

(2) How common is it to have husband-wife political figures in Argentina? Yeah, I know who Eva Peron is. Us Yankees love this kind of shit. :D

(3) Was this race a novelty becuase of the opponents or did it actually mean something?

(4) Are either of them hot?

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2005, 05:52 PM
you ask too many questions

Marhq
11-04-2005, 07:26 AM
I read an article in the local paper this week about a race between the current President's wife and the former President's wife for a Senate seat in Argentina. Weren't elections sometime this weekend?

(1) Did the former president have some sort of term limit, so he ran his wife instead?

(2) How common is it to have husband-wife political figures in Argentina? Yeah, I know who Eva Peron is. Us Yankees love this kind of shit. :D

(3) Was this race a novelty becuase of the opponents or did it actually mean something?

(4) Are either of them hot?
(1) No.

(2) It happenes from time to time but it's not very common. The president's wife (who won) has a somewhat independent political career. The other candidate, on the other hand, has always been just "the wife".

(3) I don't understand the question.

(4) The president's wife I guess (if you're in your 50's and like tons of makeup :D)

http://www.clas.berkeley.edu:7001/Events/fall2004/11-08-04-kirchner/kirchnersmilingwithshaiken-540pixel.jpg

Saludos.