PDA

View Full Version : Cris Carter doesn't believe Manu is a Hall of Famer

daslicer
08-28-2018, 01:17 PM
I posted this in another thread but will post it again here.

43yTYxjQ9Vw

Dex
08-28-2018, 01:18 PM
Cris Carter is legitimately fucking retarded, so no one gives a shit what he thinks.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Cris Carter is legitimately fucking retarded, so no one gives a shit what he thinks.

Agreed but he's Kawhi's mouthpiece so it's interesting to hear that he's still salty about Manu.

rjv
08-28-2018, 01:22 PM
cris carter shouldn't have been a hall of famer.

BillMc
08-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Manu was a HOFer the second Argentina beat the US in the Olympics with him leading the way. Its the International Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

DAF86
08-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Why is this guy allowed to talk about something he clearly knows nothing about? :lol

Proxy
08-28-2018, 01:25 PM
10/10, Carter for troll MIP

NASpurs
08-28-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm not even going to watch the video. Just reading the subject title is enough to get a rise out of me. What a fucking idiot.

Dancer
08-28-2018, 01:26 PM
He is so stupid. He should be roasted for all the Spurs hate

SpursDynasty85
08-28-2018, 01:31 PM
Carter has to save face when people realize Kawhi and his uncle tried to tarnish and hurt the legacy of one of the most amazing 21 year runs by any franchise in sports. Not to mention all the love Manu is getting. He tried to sink the ship but ship is unsinkable and now floats in the hof.

DAF86
08-28-2018, 01:34 PM
I'm not even going to watch the video. Just reading the subject title is enough to get a rise out of me. What a fucking idiot.

It is worth it just to see how Nick Wright makes a fool out of him by basically just knowing basic stuff that any basketball talking head should know. :lol

r0drig0lac
08-28-2018, 01:34 PM
who?

Spur|n|Austin
08-28-2018, 01:39 PM
Yikes - that may be the most boneheaded thing he's said, and it's been a year full of guff from that clown.

exstatic
08-28-2018, 01:42 PM
This information doesn't just get broadcast in vacuum. Someone at Impact, likely Uncle Dennis, signed off on this. If they're still that salty about this, there is no way Kawhi's jersey ever hangs in the rafters at the AT&T Center.

What a backstabbing weasel KL turned out to be.

JFK
08-28-2018, 01:43 PM
This is the clown that told NFL rookies to get a "Fall Guy"

Nothing to see here. This guy is an idiot. Nothing he says should be taken seriously.

BillMc
08-28-2018, 01:45 PM
It doesn't really matter, Chris will be proven wrong sometime in the next 3 to 5 years.

sasaint
08-28-2018, 01:46 PM
Manu was a HOFer the second Argentina beat the US in the Olympics with him leading the way. Its the International Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

What you say is absolutely true. But even if it we were talking about a NBA Hall of Fame, Manu would be there.

BillMc
08-28-2018, 01:47 PM
What you say is absolutely true. But even if it we were talking about a NBA Hall of Fame, Manu would be there.

Agreed

cd98
08-28-2018, 01:48 PM
What about the fact that while Manu didn't get asked to start, he was asked to be the closer from about 2004 on. That means that when the game was on the line for years, the ball was in his hands to win the game by either making the right pass, the right shot, or knocking down free throws. I think from like 2005-2010, he might have been the best closer in the game in that last five minutes. Spurs won a lot of games because of his closing skills.

hater
08-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Ma niga :lmao

To be fair Manu is a borderline HOF cause of his resume tbqh

Id give him a pass

Dverde
08-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Shouldn’t he be helping Kawhi’s sister write the Kawhi-Manu thank you instragram post...

hater
Manutards blaming Kawhis uncle for this :lmao

bklynspursfan
He legit said the culture that was created and the international culture was a credit to "san diego" and had to correct himself and say san antonio. Can't get HWSNBN part deux off his mind smh

SpursDynasty85
08-28-2018, 01:50 PM

Id give him a pass

This is the basketball hof not the NBA HOF. No pass needed.

SpurPadre
08-28-2018, 01:51 PM
What kind of insight can you expect from a dumbass jock riddled with CTE? Fucker probably talks to a cow that he thinks is Jesus, tbh.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 01:56 PM
It is worth it just to see how Nick Wright makes a fool out of him by basically just knowing basic stuff that any basketball talking head should know. :lol

Surprisingly Nick actually defended Manu in this clip and said he was hall of famer. He threw out a bunch of stats in Manu's favor which pissed off Cris.

Truth4sale$
08-28-2018, 02:15 PM
I am sure Chris is salty, but he makes valid NBA points but Ginobili was a MVP before he came to the NBA, and the history of Euroleague and the Olympics combined with NBA make him a hall of frame. Add in the evolution of the Eurostep which he started.

fusionjazzman72
08-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Chris Carter can eat a bag of dicks!

exstatic
08-28-2018, 02:39 PM
I am sure Chris is salty, but he makes valid NBA points but Ginobili was a MVP before he came to the NBA, and the history of Euroleague and the Olympics combined with NBA make him a hall of frame. Add in the evolution of the Eurostep which he started.

1) NBA points matter not for the HOF. It's the basketball HOF, not the NBA HOF. There are NBA greats, hybrids similar to Manu (Drazen Petrovic, Saruins Marciulionis), pure internationals, coaches, referees, and even GIRLS in the HOF.

2) If you consider Petrovic's case, by the time Manu had put on his 3rd ring in 2007, he had very similar NBA numbers to Drazen, and they had opposite Medals: Manu with Olympic Gold and WC Silver, and Drazen with WC Gold and Olympic Silver. Manu's been a mortal lock for ten years, based on a hybrid NBA/Intl career like other inductees.

cd98
08-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Football player pretending he knows basketball. I think I'd take Kobe's opinion over Carter when it comes to great basketball players.

Killakobe81
08-28-2018, 02:47 PM
1. Manu is a no doubt about it Basketball Hall of Famer.
2. Manu would have a case without Team Argentina, but ...
3. when you add the decorated career including a Gold medal over Timmy, Lebron etc.
4. yes, CC knows football and a little about hoops ...none of that stops him from saying dumb shit.
5. Bowen or Avery not getting their jersey retired as role players is a stronger argument than Manu is not worthy of HOF

Killakobe81
08-28-2018, 02:48 PM
But hey Mavs retired Brad Davis and he never won shit ...

phxspurfan
08-28-2018, 02:49 PM
who tf is Cris Carter

Phenomanul
08-28-2018, 04:07 PM
The producer of X-Files...

lmbebo
08-28-2018, 04:10 PM
CC is an idiot. Started crap with Kawhi. Trying to sink Manu ...

He can go f' himself.

Phenomanul
08-28-2018, 04:13 PM
His allegiance is to his wallet... follow the money trail through Impact Sports / the Sutton brothers...

DJR210
08-28-2018, 04:14 PM
He's just mad because he spells his name like a lesbian

TheGreatYacht
08-28-2018, 04:16 PM
Manu is 100% a HOF, tbh. Whether he's 1st ballot is debatable.

sasaint
08-28-2018, 04:20 PM
What about the fact that while Manu didn't get asked to start, he was asked to be the closer from about 2004 on. That means that when the game was on the line for years, the ball was in his hands to win the game by either making the right pass, the right shot, or knocking down free throws. I think from like 2005-2010, he might have been the best closer in the game in that last five minutes. Spurs won a lot of games because of his closing skills.

Absolutely. There will be some who bring up a game or two here or there. But I definitely wanted him with the ball at the end of tight games. In those circumstances, the Spurs winning percentage must have been awesome.

SpursforSix
08-28-2018, 04:23 PM

And the eyebrow thing.

Genovaswitness
08-28-2018, 04:30 PM
if manu were black chris carter would love him

Galileo
08-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Here are Manu's Olympic stats, they are very impressive:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/olympics/athletes/manu-ginobili-1

Some highlights;

Gold medal and bronze medal

In 29 total games, scored double digits every game but one. he may have been injured in that game.

Overall team record of 18 wins and 11 losses.

Was still averaging 15 points per game at age 39.

His team made it out of group play all 4 times.

Beartrucci
08-28-2018, 04:33 PM

Case with a lot of these talking heads like Elhassen, although he just hates anything Spurs.

SpurSpike
08-28-2018, 04:34 PM
He is just there for the sake of having a different perspective and since Chris Carter is the only human being on earth that would argue against Manu being a HOF player he had to be on the show. Always have to have one dumb ass on every show, he is playing the part of Barkley a less likable and even more idiotic Barkley.

Arcadian
08-28-2018, 04:36 PM
Cris Carter can choke on a horse's cock and suffocate to death while drowning in thick animal semen. Faggot.

Beartrucci
08-28-2018, 04:37 PM
He is just there for the sake of having a different perspective and since Chris Carter is the only human being on earth that would argue against Manu being a HOF player he had to be on the show. Always have to have one dumb ass on every show, he is playing the part of Barkley a less likable and even more idiotic Barkley.

Comparing CC to Barkley is incredibly insulting to Barkley :lol

Pavlov
08-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Manu is more of a lock than Parker for the Hall of Fame.

And Parker is an absolute lock.

daslicer
08-28-2018, 04:41 PM

No he wouldn't because Kawhi disliked Manu so Cris has to hate him. That's how it works.

BillMc
08-28-2018, 04:57 PM
Cris Carter can choke on a horse's cock and suffocate to death while drowning in thick animal semen. Faggot.

No self-respecting horse would let Cris Carter fellate him.

(This is a sentence I never expected to write honestly. )

SpurOutofTownFan
08-28-2018, 05:21 PM
He doesn't really understand basketball and hasn't watched many Spurs games

he also said San Diego when he meant San Antonio. You can't really take him seriously when he discusses the Spurs because of all of his history among other things

SpurOutofTownFan
08-28-2018, 05:25 PM
It's very easy to praise Manu - he has that resume

It's actually much harder to make a case about Manu not being a HOF. It's kind of funny and embarrassing at the same time watching guys making up stuff not to recognize him

Larry O
08-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Chris Carter is, for some reason, a Spurs hater & a troll. Who cares what he thinks or says about Manu or the SAS!!! We know what Manu's worth to the Spurs team, the organization; to SA & the basketball world. It's plain & simple... Manu is a 1st ballot HOF'er, hands down! He'll probably choke on his own saliva & die when he hears the news in five years of Manu's HOF acceptance! GSG!!!

kuato
08-28-2018, 05:35 PM
who?

I don't know 🤔

TD 21
08-28-2018, 05:44 PM
This has nothing to do with Leonard, other than, in addition to archaic analysis and a general lack of knowledge, it involves something that played a significant part in the analysis of his saga: tribalism.

Most of the "African-American" talking heads have always despised the Spurs because they don't fit their narrowminded view of blackness.

Maybe the surest sign of one's basketball knowledge or lack thereof, is where they stand on Ginobili. If when he's broached, his ppg, lack of All-Star/All-NBA appearances and Finals MVP is brought up, you know right then and there that they're not worth having a discussion with.

Beartrucci
08-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Maybe the surest sign of one's basketball knowledge or lack thereof, is where they stand on Ginobili. If when he's broached, his ppg, lack of All-Star/All-NBA appearances and Finals MVP is brought up, you know right then and there that they're not worth having a discussion with.

Very well put.

Won't see any of these players who played against him bringing up anything but rings, game changing moves and competitiveness. They played against him, they understand as well as anyone the greatness. Well I guess everyone besides jealous ass Iggy.

Gotta say as well (speaking of Iggy) it's really fucking lame to use FMVP as an argument ever. Media has gotten it wrong so many times it's kind of becoming a joke of an award.

Canyonero
08-28-2018, 05:57 PM
CTE symptoms in full mode.

Chris
08-28-2018, 06:01 PM
who tf is Cris Carter

Had the privilege to play with Rich Gannon, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, and Daunte Culpepper. Needed to be spoonfed, unable to take over a game like a Randy Moss or a Megatron. Loud mouth, and gets paid to talk shit.

ohmwrecker
08-28-2018, 06:24 PM
When has Chris Carter ever said anything that wasn’t dumb as fuck?

John B
08-28-2018, 06:41 PM
The guy is an idiot. Why anyone has this guy talking is just to have stupid thing for people to talk about, sadly including us :blah

Chinook
08-28-2018, 06:43 PM
"Manu is not going into the Hall of Fame. You don't have to call any members of the voting committee. You can call me, and I'll tell you: Manu is not going into the Hall of Fame."

BillMc
08-28-2018, 07:02 PM
"Manu is not going into the Hall of Fame. You don't have to call any members of the voting committee. You can call me, and I'll tell you: Manu is not going into the Hall of Fame."
:rollin

BD24
08-28-2018, 07:24 PM
:lol +1

spurs10
08-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Cris Carter is a moron. Ask him for a small wager and then see what he says. :rollin

spurs10
08-28-2018, 08:29 PM
No self-respecting horse would let Cris Carter fellate him.

(This is a sentence I never expected to write honestly. ) :lol Yes you probably didn't wake up today thinking you were going to have to say that! I'm glad ya did though!
:bobo

BillMc
08-29-2018, 12:56 AM
:lol Yes you probably didn't wake up today thinking you were going to have to say that! I'm glad ya did though!

Valentin
08-29-2018, 01:44 AM

Id give him a pass

:wow

99 Problems
08-29-2018, 03:21 AM
LOLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lefty20
08-29-2018, 03:28 AM
Guys take it easy on Carter. His brain is all mush from playing football and this is exactly something you'd expect a brainless faggot to say.

Stabula
08-29-2018, 03:46 AM
Manu was better than Kobe

Spurtacular
08-29-2018, 04:15 AM
Chris Carter racist AF. Wouldn't even dream of claiming this if Manu were black.

Since89
08-29-2018, 04:30 AM
Manu is a sure hall of famer. Olympic gold and four rings. Sixth man awards don't mean shit. He is obviously starter material. All Star.

Ginobilly
08-29-2018, 06:32 AM
Manu is a sure hall of famer. Olympic gold and four rings. Sixth man awards don't mean shit. He is obviously starter material. All Star.
True. Pop fucked with his legacy by bringing him off the bench. He would of averaged 20+, 5, 5 and had more all star appereances had he been a starter.

offset formation
08-29-2018, 06:40 AM
This information doesn't just get broadcast in vacuum. Someone at Impact, likely Uncle Dennis, signed off on this. If they're still that salty about this, there is no way Kawhi's jersey ever hangs in the rafters at the AT&T Center.

He's a bitch.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2018, 07:19 AM
True. Pop fucked with his legacy by bringing him off the bench. He would of averaged 20+, 5, 5 and had more all star appereances had he been a starter.

why u getting excited about all star appearances when we all k now its all popularity contest

Seventyniner
08-29-2018, 07:28 AM
Manu is more of a lock than Parker for the Hall of Fame.

And Parker is an absolute lock.

FireMicoHalili
08-29-2018, 07:28 AM
Cris Carter the kind of guy who believes the earth is flat and lizard people exist

YGWHI
08-29-2018, 07:33 AM

Nah. It seems like you watch this show just after Kawhi's drama...Chris Carter are hating on the Spurs since he's working on TV.

No he wouldn't because Kawhi disliked Manu so Cris has to hate him. That's how it works.

Kawhi dislikes Manu? Since when? According to Mike Wright, Kawhi disliked what Parker and Manu told media but it was never something personal. Wright said in Lowe podcast that Kawhi still appreciates a lot Pop and his teammates.

Chris Carter isn't exactly Kawhi's voice. Carter is close to Kawhi's agent but not to him.

Also, Carter hates the Spurs since I can remember, this is not about Kawhi or any other player. This is just Carter being the clown that everyone knows he is...

offset formation
08-29-2018, 07:33 AM

No, that's not even debatable. He's arguably the greatest 6th man ever. That's a 1st ballot all day long and twice on Sundays.

Then add his international resume and 4 rings.

1st ballot.

offset formation
08-29-2018, 07:38 AM
:lol

Kawhi dislikes Manu? Since when? According to Mike Wright, Kawhi disliked what Parker and Manu told media but it was never something personal. Wright said in Lowe podcast that Kawhi still appreciates a lot Pop and his teammates.

Chris Carter isn't exactly Kawhi's voice. Carter is close to Kawhi's agent but not to him.

Also, Carter hates the Spurs since I can remember, this is not about Kawhi or any other player. This is just Carter being the clown that everyone knows he is...

Dude, there you go again. Back to the same prone position in front of Kawhi.

Manu clearly grew disgusted with Kawhi last year. Add in his comments about LMA being a leader and carrying the team on top of the he's not coming back stuff and you've got a situation of Manu knowing Kawhi's soul. And he found it lacking.

Kawhi has said shit about either Parker moving on after being his teammate for 7 years nor Ginobili's retirement.

They. Don't. Like. Each. Other.

I'd bet on that.

BillMc
08-29-2018, 07:52 AM
Manu was better than Kobe

Man, looking at that image in your sig really drives it home. Even the coyote is actually played by someone else.

Patty Thrills. Survivor.

YGWHI
08-29-2018, 08:01 AM
Manu clearly grew disgusted with Kawhi last year. Add in his comments about LMA being a leader and carrying the team on top of the he's not coming back stuff and you've got a situation of Manu knowing Kawhi's soul. And he found it lacking.

Kawhi has said shit about either Parker moving on after being his teammate for 7 years nor Ginobili's retirement.

All players involved got mad for several reasons. Manu could have their reasons, Kawhi too...But it wasn't personal. Otherwise, if they really had a personal issue and couldn't stand each other, they wouldn't have played 7 years together. Someone would have requested a trade at the first, second year not after seven years.

I'd bet on that.

Really? Do you bet that Chris Carter said that Manu isn't a HOF just because Kawhi told him to say it? C'mon...This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard here.

Chris Carter is a Spurs hater way before Kawhi's issues with the organization.

Shannon Sharpe said the same thing about Manu on Undisputed show but we are not making threads saying that Sharpe said it because Kawhi asked him to do it...

If you think that every media guy who says Manu isn't HOF is because Kawhi...I can't help.

Harry Callahan
08-29-2018, 08:42 AM
CC - "Mano" "San Diego" - what a joke.

CC was generally complementary I guess.

dabom
08-29-2018, 08:47 AM

You actually said something funny. :lol

StinkyWeezleteats
08-29-2018, 08:59 AM
What kind of insight can you expect from a dumbass jock riddled with CTE? Fucker probably talks to a cow that he thinks is Jesus, tbh.

https://youtu.be/TNFPzuHt698

”seems to be making an imaginary cake, Dan.” :lmao:lmao

offset formation
08-29-2018, 09:07 AM
[/COLOR]All players involved got mad for several reasons. Manu could have their reasons, Kawhi too...But it wasn't personal. Otherwise, if they really had a personal issue and couldn't stand each other, they wouldn't have played 7 years together. Someone would have requested a trade at the first, second year not after seven years.

Really? Do you bet that Chris Carter said that Manu isn't a HOF just because Kawhi told him to say it? C'mon...This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard here.

Shannon Sharpe said the same thing about Manu on Undisputed show but we are not making threads saying that Sharpe said it because Kawhi asked him to do it...

If you think that every media guy who says Manu isn't HOF is because Kawhi...I can't help.

Shannon's schtick is to be diametrically opposed to Skip.

And lol at the notion of Manu or Tony requesting a trade. This was their team. But guess who did? Kawhitter-in-chief ran like a bitch. And had his uncle leaking toxicity about the franchise...oh, they're too controlling...oh, they dont let me get advertising...oh, my teammates want me to play...and on and on.

Stop it. Kawhi has no respect nor did he deserve any from Spurs inside that facility, especially the Manus and Tonys.

08-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Cris Carter should just stick to talking football.

Either his objectivity is extremely clouded or he's never actually watched Gino over the course of his career.

He's a lock for the HOF and it's not even debatable.

manufan10
08-29-2018, 09:55 AM
[/COLOR]All players involved got mad for several reasons. Manu could have their reasons, Kawhi too...But it wasn't personal. Otherwise, if they really had a personal issue and couldn't stand each other, they wouldn't have played 7 years together. Someone would have requested a trade at the first, second year not after seven years.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275496&p=9521534#post9521534

jsandiego
08-29-2018, 11:28 AM
The other obvious point is that Tony was a 6x all-star. Rarely do 3 teammates get chosen to represent the West at an all-star game. For most of the 2000s, it was Timmy, and then either Manu or TP would be selected (2005, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013).

If either Manu or TP were playing the Carmelo role in NY, they'd be 10-time all-stars averaging 25+ PPG.

TimmyBuckets
08-29-2018, 11:31 AM

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Manu's international play alone would get him in, even if he had just been a bit player in the NBA.

Cris Carter is obviously just a hater. Just look at this year's class. You could argue Manu's career was more successful than the entire group...and this year's group is pretty impressive by recent inductee standards.

superbigtime
08-30-2018, 10:21 AM
Gee and all along I had thought Cris Carter was an objective basketball authority.

PublicOption
08-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Career highlights and awards4×*NBA champion*(2003,*2005,*2007,*2014)2×*NBA All-Star*(2005,*2011)2×*All-NBA Third Team*(2008,*2011)NBA Sixth Man of the Year*(2008)NBA All-Rookie Second Team*(2003)EuroLeague*champion (2001)EuroLeague Finals MVP*(2001)2×*EuroLeague Finals Top Scorer*(2001, 2002)All-EuroLeague First Team*(2002)Italian League*champion (2001)Italian Cup*MVP (2002)2×*Italian League MVP*(2001, 2002)2×*Olimpia de Oro*(2003, 2004)Diamond Konex Award*(2010)50 Greatest EuroLeague Contributors*(2008)FIBA AmeriCup MVP*(2001)Stats*at Basketball-Reference.com

Medals

Men's basketballRepresenting**ArgentinaOlympic Games2004 AthensTeam2008 BeijingTeamFIBA World Cup2002 IndianapolisFIBA Diamond Ball2004 BelgradeNational Team2008 NanjingNational TeamFIBA AmeriCup1999 San Juan2001 Neuquén2003 San Juan2011 Mar del PlataFIBA South American Championship1999 Bahía Blanca

ginobilized
08-30-2018, 06:19 PM
Cris Carter is salty that Manu will be a first ballot guy, unlike himself.

callo1
08-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Carter never one a meaningful game in the playoffs. The guy is just jealous.

Mr. Body
08-31-2018, 12:11 AM
ESPN pays these people to be clowns, but Carter would do it for free.

Stabula
08-31-2018, 01:44 AM
Didn't Reggie Jackson say that Steven Adams would be a future Hall of Famer?

Budkin
09-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Chris Carter is living proof of what football does to your brain. What a fucking dipshit.

venitian navigator
09-01-2018, 02:29 AM
Gino, Tony and Tim are the trio with most nba wins together, and they will be for a lot of time.
That only should be enough to grant you the hall of fame...

Spurtacular
09-01-2018, 03:06 AM
Chris Carter is living proof of what football does to your brain. What a fucking dipshit.

Nah. He just racist, son. Has nothing to do with football.

kuato
09-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Who is Chris Carter?

YGWHI
09-02-2018, 09:16 AM
And lol at the notion of Manu or Tony requesting a trade. This was their team. But guess who did? Kawhitter-in-chief ran like a bitch.
Well, you say they don't like each other, then Kawhi asking for a trade seems a very reasonable decision.

Like I've posted before, I like a league where players gain more power over owners, this article talks about that and how the league is changing, how players have the right to protect their bodies and careers.

But I post this here, because you will enjoy the part of Kawhi ending his career prematurely as Bill Walton.
I know you would love it when you remember that after his retirement, Walton suffered severe physical pain for years and contemplated suicide for his chronic injuries.

I know you wanna see Kawhi fishing his life in this way so enjoy the read. :)

Jermz-z51
09-02-2018, 09:43 AM
He and Sharp fucking suck! I don't know who thought two ex football players covering nba basketball was a good idea. Now that Manu retired he can go cover NHL for Fox😂

offset formation
09-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Well, you say they don't like each other, then Kawhi asking for a trade seems a very reasonable decision.

Like I've posted before, I like a league where players gain more power over owners, this article talks about that and how the league is changing, how players have the right to protect their bodies and careers.

But I post this here, because you will enjoy the part of Kawhi ending his career prematurely as Bill Walton.
I know you would love it when you remember that after his retirement, Walton suffered severe physical pain for years and contemplated suicide for that chronic pain.

You mistook me for a 12 year old. You've never once seen me wish injury on anyone, even Kawhi. I think he's a loathsome, shitty teammate, and really I don't even think that's debatable; which is why I find your support of him pathetic. I certainly don't want him to succeed given how he (and his group) attempted to burn down the Spurs franchise on his way out. I find that the most unforgivable part of that whole sad saga. But that is far from wishing him injure himself. Guess you are trying to tarnish my reasoned and logical assassination of his character with made up BS?

His behavior has now been revealed for the league to see. It goes beyond mere introversion, to selfishness and cowardice. He's clearly being handled. He's not viewed as a team guy. And people will throw max dollars at him because of his talent, but unless he goes to the Lakers where the others will come to team up with him and Lebron, he'll never be what he could have been here. And as far as the injury goes, he's the one that complains of a chronic issue that kept him out. I have a feeling this won't be the last incarnation of his bitching out with a real or imagined injury in his career, as long or short as it may be.

Ron Swanson
09-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Carter can go choke on a dick.

spurs10
09-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Career highlights and awards4×*NBA champion*(2003,*2005,*2007,*2014)2×*NBA All-Star*(2005,*2011)2×*All-NBA Third Team*(2008,*2011)NBA Sixth Man of the Year*(2008)NBA All-Rookie Second Team*(2003)EuroLeague*champion (2001)EuroLeague Finals MVP*(2001)2×*EuroLeague Finals Top Scorer*(2001, 2002)All-EuroLeague First Team*(2002)Italian League*champion (2001)Italian Cup*MVP (2002)2×*Italian League MVP*(2001, 2002)2×*Olimpia de Oro*(2003, 2004)Diamond Konex Award*(2010)50 Greatest EuroLeague Contributors*(2008)FIBA AmeriCup MVP*(2001)Stats*at Basketball-Reference.com

Medals

Men's basketballRepresenting**ArgentinaOlympic Games2004 AthensTeam2008 BeijingTeamFIBA World Cup2002 IndianapolisFIBA Diamond Ball2004 BelgradeNational Team2008 NanjingNational TeamFIBA AmeriCup1999 San Juan2001 Neuquén2003 San Juan2011 Mar del PlataFIBA South American Championship1999 Bahía Blanca Wow! That's impressive.

Carter can go choke on a dick. Eloquently stated!

YGWHI
09-03-2018, 06:27 AM
You mistook me for a 12 year old.
Me? Oh no, no no no no no no...

Guess you are trying to tarnish my reasoned and logical assassination of his character with made up BS?=>And as far as the injury goes, he's the one that complains of a chronic issue that kept him out. I have a feeling this won't be the last incarnation of his bitching out with a real or imagined injury in his career, as long or short as it may be.
I don't think that a player sitting to protect his body and career is bitching or cowardice. Doesn't matter if the player is Kawhi or any other in the league.

Phenomanul
09-03-2018, 01:39 PM

I don't think that a player sitting to protect his body and career is bitching or cowardice. Doesn't matter if the player is Kawhi or any other in the league.

Cowardice is not having the cajones to face Pop or Duncan the week that both of them flew up to New York City to talk to him.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you or anyone can say to defend that cowardly and ungrateful act - he literally hid from them. It doesn't matter if it was his uncle who shielded him from contact with Pop and Duncan, be your own man. Damn!

I was on the "let's give Kawhi time" train for the longest time. But when I found out about this incident he fell from my graces.

daslicer
09-03-2018, 01:43 PM

I have to give you credit you are going to be a cuck till the end.

DAF86
09-03-2018, 04:18 PM

I know you would love it when you remember that after his retirement, Walton suffered severe physical pain for years and contemplated suicide for his chronic injuries.

Get the fuck out with that sean shit. :lol Kawhi is a pussy ass bitch.

Daddy Long Dik
09-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Carter can go choke on a dick.
there you go again son. Being homo is in your genetics.

YGWHI
09-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Cowardice is not having the cajones to face Pop or Duncan the week that both of them flew up to New York City to talk to him.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you or anyone can say to defend that cowardly and ungrateful act - he literally hid from them. It doesn't matter if it was his uncle who shielded him from contact with Pop and Duncan, be your own man. Damn!

I was on the "let's give Kawhi time" train for the longest time. But when I found out about this incident he fell from my graces.
I never thought you have reading comprehension issues until now. I was talking about a player having the right to sit months if he's injured.

You're talking about a whole different thing, about off-court issues in offseason.

After July 1st, any player can choose to meet his coach, teammates, former teammates...when he wants, on his own terms. If a player wants to meet them in San Diego a few weeks later, it's his right.

Do I like a player refuses to meet Pop and Tim Duncan just because he's mad at the organization? Hell no, I don't.

But I'm all about players exercising their rights whether I agree or not on the situation.

YGWHI
09-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Get the fuck out with that sean shit. :lol Kawhi is a pussy ass bitch.
Could be. But I still like the article.
I guess people have issues recognizing players' rights. Most times we don't agree on some players' decisions and criticize them, it's fine. But they have rights to make those decisions -again- in their own terms.

offset formation
09-04-2018, 08:10 AM
I guess people have issues recognizing players' rights. Most times we don't agree on some players' decisions and criticize them, it's fine. But they have rights to make those decisions -again- in their own terms.

And the fans have a right to see through those decisions and be educated about the deceit that was going on, you flucking cuck.

Phenomanul
09-04-2018, 10:27 AM
I never thought you have reading comprehension issues until now. I was talking about a player having the right to sit months if he's injured.

You're talking about a whole different thing, about off-court issues in offseason.

After July 1st, any player can choose to meet his coach, teammates, former teammates...when he wants, on his own terms. If a player wants to meet them in San Diego a few weeks later, it's his right.

Do I like a player refuses to meet Pop and Tim Duncan just because he's mad at the organization? Hell no, I don't.

But I'm all about players exercising their rights whether I agree or not on the situation.

The specificity of his cowardice was spelled out in my previous post. I don't care if it related to your post or not - I was merely pointing out that the linking thread was Kawhi's failed responses. I clearly spelled out why I felt Kawhi was a coward for not personally facing the situation. You trying to justify his response by attributing them to his "invoked player rights" is immaterial to the fact that Kawhi REFUSED to face the situation.

UncleDennis
09-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Just a reminder that Carter also believes Danny Green's not a good perimeter defender. Not much more to say about him and his basketball "expertise".

DAF86
09-04-2018, 12:04 PM

Clubs and owners have rights too. Clubs have a right to know what the fuck is up with a guy that you are paying 20 millions per season. Kawhi did everything he wanted, like he wanted it, and yet he backsatbbed the Spurs. Kawhi is a certified bitch, don't get it twisted.

daslicer
09-04-2018, 01:23 PM

For me what it comes down to is the NBA being a good product to watch. I don't think the owners are saints and neither are the players but I'm on the owners side when it comes to who deserves to have the power. The Spurs do not benefit from this player empowerment bs which was demonstrated by Kawhi who milked a bs injury to get out of SA. Let's be real Kawhi doesn't pull this shit if he plays for the Lakers. The only teams that benefit from player empowerment are big markets ala LA,NYC,etc. Since those are places where players want to play. Player empowerment is very poisonous for the rest of the league since it hurts small market teams and creates super teams. Personally this is my least favorite era of the NBA and I'm looking forward to seeing it end in the next few years when Lebron retires since he started all of this bs.

YGWHI
09-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Clubs and owners have rights too. Clubs have a right to know what the fuck is up with a guy that you are paying 20 millions per season. Kawhi did everything he wanted, like he wanted it, and yet he backsatbbed the Spurs. Kawhi is a certified bitch, don't get it twisted.
Like I said before, this is not about Kawhi. The article talks about players rights over teams/owners' decisions.

When a player gets injured and still wants to play because he's in his contract year or just thinks the teams needs him, his team and owner don't say "no, you won't play bc you can aggravate your injury", they let him play. In offseason, they can even trade him.

IT played injured for Boston and got traded, Danny Green played injured for San Antonio and got traded, there are many cases in the league.

Yeah...Owners will say "it's just business" "we don't have other option" "we have our rights, too". But when things go bad, owners can lose a minimum amount of money compared to the assets of their other companies, while players lose the only thing they have, their careers.

Since this should work both ways but it doesn't in this league, I don't care that much about clubs and owners' rights, I pick players' side.

YGWHI
09-05-2018, 08:02 AM
For me what it comes down to is the NBA being a good product to watch. I don't think the owners are saints and neither are the players but I'm on the owners side when it comes to who deserves to have the power. The Spurs do not benefit from this player empowerment bs which was demonstrated by Kawhi who milked a bs injury to get out of SA. Let's be real Kawhi doesn't pull this shit if he plays for the Lakers. The only teams that benefit from player empowerment are big markets ala LA,NYC,etc. Since those are places where players want to play. Player empowerment is very poisonous for the rest of the league since it hurts small market teams and creates super teams. Personally this is my least favorite era of the NBA and I'm looking forward to seeing it end in the next few years when Lebron retires since he started all of this bs.
Well, I'm on the players side. I disliked LeBron in his first years in the league, too cocky, too flashy...But I have to admit he madurated into a man of strong convictions. He gave players a voice they didn't have before, it's sad that all this could end after his retirement.

New generations don't have that LBJ mentality, they claim that Earth is flat (Kyrie) they spend most offseasons drunk (Klay) or doesn't say a shit (Kawhi)

I have hope in Jaylen Brown-type of guys but they have to become superstars to reach LBJ's power to force teams/owners decisions. We'll see.

DAF86
09-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Like I said before, this is not about Kawhi. The article talks about players rights over teams/owners' decisions.

When a player gets injured and still wants to play because he's in his contract year or just thinks the teams needs him, his team and owner don't say "no, you won't play bc you can aggravate your injury", they let him play. In offseason, they can even trade him.

IT played injured for Boston and got traded, Danny Green played injured for San Antonio and got traded, there are many cases in the league.

Yeah...Owners will say "it's just business" "we don't have other option" "we have our rights, too". But when things go bad, owners can lose a minimum amount of money compared to the assets of their other companies, while players lose the only thing they have, their careers.

Since this should work both ways but it doesn't in this league, I don't care that much about clubs and owners' rights, I pick players' side.

Ok, just as long as you realize that on this particular case, Kawhi was a monumental bitch.

exstatic
09-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Ok, just as long as you realize that on this particular case, Kawhi was a monumental bitch.

Yeah, I don't believe in player empowerment with two fucking years left on your contract. Be a man, play to FA, then make your choices.

daslicer
09-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I don't believe in player empowerment with two fucking years left on your contract. Be a man, play to FA, then make your choices.

I don't believe in it period. What it means is a league where you will have 2-3 great teams and the rest will be garbage.

NameLess Scrub
09-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Poor millionaires and their sad struggles

DAF86
09-05-2018, 08:35 PM
0rzxc9lm1R4