PDA

View Full Version : LMA is the heart and soul of Spur now

SuperCam
08-28-2018, 01:52 PM
This is LMAlpha's team PERIOD. With the beta males and 40 y/o corpse dead weight now gone, the big texan is about to put the team on his back in a deep playoff run, you heard it here first.

https://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/bulls/aldridge_060612.jpg

:cry he got dis :cry

$pursDynasty
08-28-2018, 03:52 PM
It appears to be true now, hopefully we can do well enough this year that we can lure a SF worth something next year (like Jimmy Butler) in FA and then the new era begins in earnest. A starting lineup of Dijon, Demar, Jimmy, LMAlpha and Jacob could easily be a #2 seed in the West.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-28-2018, 03:55 PM
:lma:lma:lma:lma:lma

Phenomanul
08-28-2018, 03:56 PM
He has to get that mean streak in him... but nevertheless I'll support him

cd98
08-28-2018, 03:57 PM
LMA is a good player, but I don't think he can carry the Spurs to a top 6 spot in the West. I hope he can, but I just don't trust this roster to get it done.

$pursDynasty
08-28-2018, 04:29 PM
cd I say he can because of all the talk of toughness in the west I don't know of 3 teams in the West that are definately better than the Spurs right now, in fact I can only think of one. the rest have just as many if not more flaws that the Spurs do.

Spurtacular
08-28-2018, 04:31 PM
Heart and soul of a 4-11 seed team; sounds like his M.O.

Proxy
08-28-2018, 04:46 PM
He had nice words for Manu, he was a beast last year.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2018, 04:47 PM
33 years old. Hopefully he takes the TD approach and comes in trim, lean and mean in order to stay relevant.

TheGreatYacht
08-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Good shit OP :tu

A lot of manutards are jumping off the edge and quitting on the team, meanwhile REAL fans are looking forward to the boys bringing #6 home

SpursDynasty85
08-28-2018, 05:08 PM
33 years old. Hopefully he takes the TD approach and comes in trim, lean and mean in order to stay relevant.

That may help but he was starting to be a great go to low post player too. LaMarcus really is one of the best centers/forward combos in the game next to AD. Can trim and play more perimeter or gain strength and continue to kill em in the low post. I do worry about his shelf life playing too so I too would choose he comes in slimmer between the two.

BD24
08-28-2018, 05:13 PM
I gained a lot of respect for LA last year. He carried that pile of garbage to the playoffs.

Seventyniner
08-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Aldridge better be ready to shoulder that burden because it's his team now, through and through.

At least, as far as the players are concerned. Obviously Pop is still the centerpiece, Keith Bogans notwithstanding.

tbdog
08-28-2018, 06:07 PM
LMA is a good player, but I don't think he can carry the Spurs to a top 6 spot in the West. I hope he can, but I just don't trust this roster to get it done.

Well, he carried us to top 7. With DD alone, I think anything less than top 6 is a disappointment on a team scale.

ohmwrecker
08-28-2018, 06:30 PM
LMA is no Tim Duncan, but if Pop can get these guys playing defense and buying into the system, it’s not outrageous to expect a 4th seed ceiling.

OldMan88
08-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Saying LMA is the heart and soul of the Spurs is not anywhere close to accurate. He’s the team leader by default due to Manu’s retirement and Tony’s departure, but he’ll have to earn Manu’s place as the heart and soul of the team. I hope he has it in him, but I haven’t seen it yet, in fact, there’s evidence to the contrary. Kawitter didn’t have it in him either.

There are several young guns on the squad that could rise to leadership level, but only time will tell.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-28-2018, 07:00 PM
LMA reported for No Limit duty last season uncharasterically lean and hungy for basketball. Hope he doubles down on that strategery this year

kaji157
08-28-2018, 07:04 PM
I do agree with the premise for two things. The words he had for Manu show a big understanding of what Manu role really was in our culture. Secondly the fortitude shown last year fits exactly into the shut up and win attitude TD always tried to embrace.
A clear jump from the attitude shown by nephew, and something that I feel he would be able to pass to DeRozan.

james evans
08-28-2018, 07:06 PM
If this is true then we are in trouble.

james evans
08-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Well, he carried us to top 7. With DD alone, I think anything less than top 6 is a disappointment on a team scale.
we're finishing top 3 or 4 in the west. Maybe even 2nd place. The rockets adding Melo got worse. Okc still has westbrooke padding his stats instead of wanting to win games, and Lebron aint leading the lakers to a title or top 3 seed so I'm not concerned with our seeding

Stabula
08-28-2018, 07:55 PM
Golden State is winning this year anyway so whatever

spurraider21
08-28-2018, 07:59 PM
:lma
:lma :lma :lma :lma :lma :lma :lma

james evans
08-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Golden State is winning this year anyway so whatever
basically. Unless Klay gets injured, they're winning it all. He's really the nucleus of that team. They can win with Curry having bad games or not even playing at all. They can't win a series without Klay playing.

r0drig0lac
08-28-2018, 08:06 PM
I gained a lot of respect for LA last year. He carried that pile of garbage to the playoffs.

SpursDynasty85
08-28-2018, 08:17 PM
basically. Unless Klay gets injured, they're winning it all. He's really the nucleus of that team. They can win with Curry having bad games or not even playing at all. They can't win a series without Klay playing.

Klay is a beast. One of the best shooters ever. Quickest release, constantly moving, plays good defense.

SpursDynasty85
08-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Yep. A guy like LA is a great foundation. I doubt Kawhi could've done much better. But you need more than 1 guy in today's NBA.

Dingle Barry
08-28-2018, 09:16 PM
Derozan will be the leader and LMA will get salty about it.

SAGirl
08-28-2018, 09:20 PM
He was healthy last season, let’s hope he continues like an Ironman. Last season he really put the team on his back and has embraced the Spurs.

Mouth is Bleeding
08-28-2018, 09:46 PM
More like LMAO

but very bitter and sad.

BatManu20
08-28-2018, 09:52 PM
LMA and Pop*

https://i.gifer.com/J40D.gif

Dverde
08-28-2018, 09:53 PM

I lost some respect the previous year, but last year...

SuperCam
08-29-2018, 07:32 AM
Derozan will be the leader and LMA will get salty about it.

if defrozan needed fat emotional lowry to hold his hand during the playoffs, he's sure as shit not leading the team over LMAlpha :lol

james evans
08-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Yep. A guy like LA is a great foundation. I doubt Kawhi could've done much better. But you need more than 1 guy in today's NBA.
shit, you need more than 3 with all this teaming up going on.

SpursDynasty85
08-29-2018, 12:12 PM
shit, you need more than 3 with all this teaming up going on.

For many teams yea but that's why the best always have a system and will be looking for matchup problems. This is why I give Morey a lot of credit in Houston. Sure he has a bloated payroll but on paper at glance their roster is not nearly as talented as Warriors but they match up so well physically that they nearly (and should of) beaten them. Spurs have enough talent and depth to win some close playoff games for sure but things have to be clicking on all cylinders. Warriors are definitely not unstoppable. I would be just as worried about the Rockets as Warriors as long as CP3 is healthy.

Daddy Long Dik
08-29-2018, 12:16 PM
I think its duh frozen’s team

Dverde
08-29-2018, 12:17 PM
I think Dejounte will be more of a leader this year. I see Dejounte, Patty, LMA, Derozen as the team leaders. We really don’t have an alpha dog anymore. Pop is truly the leader.

spurraider21
08-29-2018, 12:40 PM
LMA and Pop*

lol vince gilligan

TimmyBuckets
08-29-2018, 01:02 PM
if defrozan needed fat emotional lowry to hold his hand during the playoffs, he's sure as shit not leading the team over LMAlpha :lol

Seventyniner
08-29-2018, 01:09 PM
LMA and Pop*

what the fuck did I just watch

bigfan
08-29-2018, 01:35 PM
LMA and Pop*

this is pretty damn excellent

Coach X
08-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Aldridge is our best player in both ends of the court and he dominates the game in the RS. His fantastic last season was totally ignored by the NBA and the stupid media. He's not a leader though and I'm ok with it and his touches as long as he allows others to raise their voice and command the group.

james evans
08-29-2018, 04:55 PM
For many teams yea but that's why the best always have a system and will be looking for matchup problems. This is why I give Morey a lot of credit in Houston. Sure he has a bloated payroll but on paper at glance their roster is not nearly as talented as Warriors but they match up so well physically that they nearly (and should of) beaten them. Spurs have enough talent and depth to win some close playoff games for sure but things have to be clicking on all cylinders. Warriors are definitely not unstoppable. I would be just as worried about the Rockets as Warriors as long as CP3 is healthy.
they are when those whistles are going. There is absolutely no team in the history of basketball, including the Dream Team, that are going to beat the Warriors when the refs start blowing that goddamn whistle

SpursDynasty85
08-29-2018, 05:18 PM
they are when those whistles are going. There is absolutely no team in the history of basketball, including the Dream Team, that are going to beat the Warriors when the refs start blowing that goddamn whistle

Nah the Rockets definitely solved it. They missed 27 straight 3's in game 7 and still only lost by like 2 or 3. Don't remember off the top of my head. Warriors are super talented but not a very physical team. If you can beat them up a bit they will wear down. Curry has been injured again last year near the end of the season. Klay gotta be getting a little tired playing defense like that and Draymond coming back down to earth now that KD has the ball in his hands so much. I'll admit for the Spurs very unlikely we beat the Warriors without a significant injury but the Rockets we always did pretty well and I wouldn't count us out of that one either. Like most years it will need to depend on health for most teams.

superbigtime
08-29-2018, 06:32 PM
LMA gonna kill em

sventhedog
08-29-2018, 09:21 PM
LA will be in LA by the trade deadline. lol.

RGMCSE
08-30-2018, 03:55 AM
There wasn't a problem with authority on the spurs until LMA got to SA. LMA paved the way for Kawhi to question everything and push back. I blame the down fall on Lamarsha.

gospursgojas
08-30-2018, 04:17 AM
There wasn't a problem with authority on the spurs until LMA got to SA. LMA paved the way for Kawhi to question everything and quit . I blame the down fall on Lamarsha.

FIFY

Instead of Kawhitter fighting for that alpha dog spot, he quit.

Betas will beta.

Stabula
08-30-2018, 04:25 AM
Who would have thought this team would be without Tony, Manu, and Kawhi this next season?

:/

BillMc
08-30-2018, 09:31 AM
LMA and Pop*

:clap

duncan2k5
09-01-2018, 04:46 PM
No he isnt...murray and Lonnie is more the heart and soul than LMA tbh...This is a dude that quit...and only wasnt gone because no one wanted him

duncan2k5
09-01-2018, 04:49 PM
There wasn't a problem with authority on the spurs until LMA got to SA. LMA paved the way for Kawhi to question everything and push back. I blame the down fall on Lamarsha.

Completely agree...i actually think Kawhi hated LMA aftervthat season as much as I did with the way LMA quit...and with how LMA carrued on in the locker room and how he pouted on the court...im sure he had a HUGE issue with a loser like LMA coming back on the team...

Chillen
09-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Completely agree...i actually think Kawhi hated LMA aftervthat season as much as I did with the way LMA quit...and with how LMA carrued on in the locker room and how he pouted on the court...im sure he had a HUGE issue with a loser like LMA coming back on the team...

Kawhi would have wanted out anyway, he wants to play with LeBron in LA. Good luck to Toronto convincing him to stay.

daslicer
09-01-2018, 09:05 PM

Stop projecting like a bitch. You just don't like LMA. I have no problems with you disliking LMA but it's wrong to use him as a scapegoat for Kawhi leaving. Kawhi was never going to be a career spur even if the Spurs never acquired LMA. Michael C Clark of ESPN has stated that Kawhi's Uncle was causing problems within the organization for years prior to LMA being a Spur. Spurs just kept it under wraps for years and no one knew about the issues until this previous season.

Nivek_ogre
09-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Op is a faggot

SuperCam
09-02-2018, 11:45 AM
No he isnt...murray and Lonnie is more the heart and soul than LMA tbh...This is a dude that quit...and only wasnt gone because no one wanted him

get your kiwi dick riding ass out of this thread. you don't deserve to say a goddamn word against LMAlpha after what happened last year. pimping instafraud baller and a rookie just to asswipe the past smh :(

ivanfromwestwood
09-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Who would have thought this team would be without Tony, Manu, and Kawhi this next season?

:/

Tony, Manu, Kawhi, Green, Anderson.....

bic50
09-04-2018, 06:32 AM
FIFY

Instead of Kawhitter fighting for that alpha dog spot, he quit.

Betas will beta.
He already had the alpha dog spot

benefactor
09-04-2018, 07:07 AM

:lol still asswiping

He's gone. Stop being a fucking faggot and move on.

TDMVPDPOY
09-04-2018, 07:19 AM
thanks for reminding me of this song

https://youtu.be/4kHl4FoK1Ys

monkeypunk
09-04-2018, 08:13 AM

I like the sentiment about Lonnie but dude hasn't played one NBA minute so we should see what he can show on the court before labeling him.

Hope it turns out to be true though, Manu's absence leaves a void of passion that needs to be filled by someone for us to make any noise in the RS/PS.

Seventyniner
09-04-2018, 08:34 AM

No, Kawhi is the one that quit. Sat his ass down in New York and went radio silent after jerking the entire organization around for months.

Did Aldridge sit out when he was healthy? No, he took his concerns to Pop like a man and worked things out, then busted his ass and made an all-NBA team. He wasn't gone because Pop knew that Aldridge had it in him. Pop has been proven right.

If you have an issue with what Aldridge did, fine. But don't sit there and act like what Kawhi did wasn't 1000 times worse. It was.

TDMVPDPOY
09-04-2018, 08:59 AM
u know whats interesting about LMA... he was in the same draft class with eddie curry and tyson chandler

yes curry played with the spurs

wasnt there a time the spurs also interested in signing chandler b4 he went to suns?

Amuseddaysleeper
09-04-2018, 09:08 AM
LMA and Pop*

:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-04-2018, 10:54 PM
The Spurs would have been a lottery team without LMA’s contributions. LMA was worth at least +15wins last year. He did carry this group with KL pulling his BS stunt.

Coach X
09-05-2018, 07:02 AM
The Spurs would have been a lottery team without LMA’s contributions. LMA was worth at least +15wins last year. He did carry this group with KL pulling his BS stunt.
I'd say more than 15. He led the team in defense as well ala Tim Duncan for a good part of the season. LA played very well every day except for some games during the last months/weeks and that's why the team started losing more and more.

He's not a leader to me but he deserves a lot of credit and respect for what he did last season. Aldridge is an excellent #2 player in an NBA roster: his defense is better every year (currently best defensive NBA big as his defensive range is wider than Gobert); works well under the boards boxing out in defense and attacking the rim in offense, runs the court very well in both directions; can create his shot in different positions (post, highpost, mid distance), screens and rolls/pops well, gets fouls and makes the FT; he can pass and doesn't make unnecessary mistakes; has adapted to the city and the team, knows the system and his teammates respect him. Aldridge is a low profile all-star, just what you want as a number 2.

Doubts are around DeRozan, who is replacing the expected-to-be #1 player of the team. At the moment I think he's another #2 but only games will show us what will be DDR's role in these Spurs.

Maybe another player can take that leading role despite not being the best player, like our Big 3 did for the last seasons or like Draymond Green does for the Warriors.

sasaint
09-05-2018, 07:34 AM
I'd say more than 15. He led the team in defense as well ala Tim Duncan for a good part of the season. LA played very well every day except for some games during the last months/weeks and that's why the team started losing more and more.

He's not a leader to me but he deserves a lot of credit and respect for what he did last season. Aldridge is an excellent #2 player in an NBA roster: his defense is better every year (currently best defensive NBA big as his defensive range is wider than Gobert); works well under the boards boxing out in defense and attacking the rim in offense, runs the court very well in both directions; can create his shot in different positions (post, highpost, mid distance), screens and rolls/pops well, gets fouls and makes the FT; he can pass and doesn't make unnecessary mistakes; has adapted to the city and the team, knows the system and his teammates respect him. Aldridge is a low profile all-star, just what you want as a number 2.

Doubts are around DeRozan, who is replacing the expected-to-be #1 player of the team. At the moment I think he's another #2 but only games will show us what will be DDR's role in these Spurs.

Maybe another player can take that leading role despite not being the best player, like our Big 3 did for the last seasons or like Draymond Green does for the Warriors.

I don't think much of his passing ability, but otherwise, agree 100%. Pop understands the "problem" - that's why he has hitched his wagon to Dijon as the starting PG. Dijon doesn't have the skill set of a true PG (yet), but he has the alpha personality type a team leader needs.

Coach X
09-05-2018, 06:39 PM
I don't think much of his passing ability, but otherwise, agree 100%. Pop understands the "problem" - that's why he has hitched his wagon to Dijon as the starting PG. Dijon doesn't have the skill set of a true PG (yet), but he has the alpha personality type a team leader needs.
Passing wise, Aldridge is not exactly Boris Diaw but he has progressed in his time as a Spur. Last year he attacked much better the double defenses at the low post and found better the third man after pick&rolling/popping. I expect him to improve feeding Gay/Poetl in high-low situations. He won't be as good as Gasol, but he cab be more than correct.

Definitely agree with you about Murray's character and Popovich's plans.

Truth4sale$
09-07-2018, 07:31 AM
If you are talking "pure heart and soul of Spurs", then its not necessarily, talent. It's attitude and longevity. Believe it or not, it is Patty Mills. He is the longest tenured Spur, grew up/developed into the player he is thru the Spurs system. He gives great effort on both ends, he does what is asked by the coaching staff, whether it is starting as a undersized shooting guard, or come off the bench. Most importantly mentor the young guys on the "Spurs Way". Provide leadership and support to his teammates from the bench thru good and bad times. LMA has never shown those characteristics consistently.

duncan2k5
10-06-2018, 01:13 PM
No, Kawhi is the one that quit. Sat his ass down in New York and went radio silent after jerking the entire organization around for months.

Did Aldridge sit out when he was healthy? No, he took his concerns to Pop like a man and worked things out, then busted his ass and made an all-NBA team. He wasn't gone because Pop knew that Aldridge had it in him. Pop has been proven right.

If you have an issue with what Aldridge did, fine. But don't sit there and act like what Kawhi did wasn't 1000 times worse. It was.

But he DIDNT take his concerns to pop...he wanted out...and only AFTER no one wanted him did they sit down...LMA quit in the playoffs while healthy...lots of blame to go around in why kawhi quit on the spurs

duncan2k5
10-06-2018, 01:15 PM

U can say that about ANY team with one star...obviously they would be worse without their star...but LMA isnt good enough to carry a team in the playoffs like you need from a star...he is regular season good...and he pouts on too of that

Pavlov
10-06-2018, 04:59 PM
But he DIDNT take his concerns to pop...he wanted out...and only AFTER no one wanted him did they sit down...LMA quit in the playoffs while healthy...lots of blame to go around in why kawhi quit on the spurs
Man, you really work hard at your alternative realities.