PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Chris Bosh...done???

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-31-2018, 11:27 AM
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/08/31/chris-bosh-nba-comeback-sets-deadline-february-2019

Looks like he's still hoping to land an NBA roster spot with a contender, and doesn't expect to team up with LeBron in LA. He was still producing 20 and 7, and playing 34+ minutes a game when his blood clot issue returned in '16. Considering he'd be playing for vet min. money I'm surprised no team is willing to take a chance on him with him being cleared medically...supposedly. Too big of a medical liability I assume?? You've got old dudes like Vince Carter still able to scratch out an NBA existence and Bosh is 7 years younger than VC.

Fabbs
08-31-2018, 11:30 AM
What are the financials on this if he does drop over while working?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-31-2018, 02:10 PM
What are the financials on this if he does drop over while working?

There must be a huge PR risk (which translates financially) for a team to take him on and, yeah, run the risk of him dropping dead in the middle of a game. But to your point, maybe there's something beyond that, that creates a greater financial risk.

Either that or he's being blackballed for some other reason. There's a lot worse talent still collecting an active NBA paycheck, so it's just weird to me that he's wanting back in and can't find a gig.

hater
08-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Doubt there is much chance of him dropping dead

Reason why teams dont wanna risk it is probably medical costs and that is same reason he wants to keep playing

Stabula
09-01-2018, 05:49 PM
I'd take him and if he dies he dies so what

Seventyniner
09-04-2018, 08:40 AM
For a min contract you don't care about salary insurance. I guess legal liability on the medical part is a huge risk. Nobody will insure that.

DJR210
09-04-2018, 09:12 AM

:lol

Risks need to be taken to compete with GSW.. fuck him, if he goes it was meant to be

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Compared to some of the other players the Spurs have invited to be a part of the Over-the-Hill-Gang over the years, Bosh seems like a no-brainer. He'd be a decent backup at the 4 or 5. We're putting a lot of stock in LMA, a limited Gasol, and an unproven Poetl. LMA will have to shoulder a lot of minutes...again. Since we're apparently working to stay competitive I'd of given Bosh a shot...there's an open roster spot.

Chucho
09-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Exactly. Mickey Mantle don't pay muh rent.

Chucho
09-04-2018, 12:22 PM
And if he takes minutes away from a major pussy like Betrans, I'm even more for it.

phxspurfan
09-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Why would you risk that. We retired Oberto for the same reason IIRC. Nobody wants to see a player die on their floor bc they were negligent/dismissive of the risks. Not to mention the legal risks. All for what, a players barely above replacement and with a low ceiling

edit: we also retired TJ Ford for a medical condition that could have left him paralyzed if he took one more bad fall. No way it's worth the risk to player, team or organization.