PDA

View Full Version : New SpursTalk Mobile Skin (Update: Version 2.0)

timvp
09-02-2018, 07:10 PM
2.0 Update: I was able to change the color scheme to somewhat match the color scheme of the normal skin. A few other minor aesthetic changes as well.

--------

Considering about half of SpursTalk traffic these days is from mobile users, we made a mobile skin to give those users an alternative. It's important to note that the mobile skin is a stripped down version of the normal skin and isn't designed to be a full-time replacement.

In an effort to make the skin light and fast, a number of things were removed -- most notably signatures and individual forum customizations. There are also some known limitations for the mobile skin:

-Notifications for mentions and quotes won't show up.
-Can't customize profile or options (such as avatar, title, bio, etc.)
-No advanced editor or WYSIWYG option.

The navigation isn't very intuitive at first so here are some pointers:

-Click the thread title to go to the beginning of the thread.
-Click the arrow on the right to go the the unread post.
-The "new thread" button is at the bottom of the forum.
-Click the thread title while in a thread to view navigation options.
-Scroll to the bottom and click on "Switch To Normal View" to return to the normal skin.

We're stilling testing it out and haven't made it live yet. If you want to beta test the mobile skin and provide feedback, you can switch to the skin by clicking on this link: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/index.php?styleid=29 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/index.php?styleid=29)

Alternatively, you can go to the pulldown menu on the bottom left of the normal skin and select "Default Mobile Style."

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I wouldn't recommend it for a tablet. Hell, I probably wouldn't recommend if you got one of those big Matt Bonner phones (https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/matt-bonner-san-antonio-spurs-iphone-6-injury). But maybe a few of you will find a use for it.

dabom
09-02-2018, 07:25 PM
I never thought using this website on mobile was hard to begin with.

NASpurs
09-02-2018, 07:54 PM
I dig the look of the thread index page but actually going into the threads with the black background and white font color... yikes. Maybe that’s just me though.

Strategic
09-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Like it, at least don’t have to turn my I Phone on it’s side to use it. Good going.

dabom
09-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Eyephonies. :lmao

TDomination
09-02-2018, 08:13 PM
I like it. Easier to read replies.

I'm always having to zoom in to the text in order to see the post so I like that it's pretty much zoomed in already

dabom
09-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Galaxy9+ auto corrects texts size.

vander
09-02-2018, 10:20 PM
would be a little easier on the eyes if the boxes around the poster's name was grey rather than white
and the dark blue links on a black background...

Robz4000
09-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Tried it, sucks, changed back.

RD2191
09-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Not bad tbh. Like the night mode :tu

LakerHater
09-02-2018, 10:50 PM
YIKES, thats terrible!!

timvp
09-02-2018, 10:54 PM
I never thought using this website on mobile was hard to begin with.Ditto. But this was a common request that a few people may like. Not a bad trade off for a few hours of work, tbh.

I dig the look of the thread index page but actually going into the threads with the black background and white font color... yikes. Maybe that’s just me though.Fair.

Like it, at least don’t have to turn my I Phone on it’s side to use it. Good going.Nice :tu

I like it. Easier to read replies.

I'm always having to zoom in to the text in order to see the post so I like that it's pretty much zoomed in already:tu

would be a little easier on the eyes if the boxes around the poster's name was grey rather than white
and the dark blue links on a black background...Good critique.

Tried it, sucks, changed back.Can't blame you, tbh.

Not bad tbh. Like the night mode :tu:tu

YIKES, thats terrible!!Yeah, don't totally disagree, tbh. Options are limited ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chinook
09-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Not bad. But ST is easily the most mobile-friendly forum I use already. This is like the mobile versions of other sites I've been to. It's fine on its own, but the cons don't outweigh the pros.

TDMVPDPOY
09-03-2018, 01:07 AM
if u looking for the next t ier which is cuck testers...theres 1 guy on here who is a cuck

Robz4000
09-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Not bad. But ST is easily the most mobile-friendly forum I use already. This is like the mobile versions of other sites I've been to. It's fine on its own, but the cons don't outweigh the pros.

This.

ca®lo
09-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Went back to the usual. That mobile thing ain't that good.

TDomination
09-03-2018, 09:32 AM
2 things

1.When I wanted to return to spurs forum from a thread, I clicked on the thread title link at the top so I could go back but instead a drop down menu comes out and then you make a selection. It should just return you to the forum you were in. In this case the spurs forum. It's a small thing but It got on my nerves every time I wanted to go back to the spurs forum after seeing a thread lol

2. Would we be able to see or even select a thread page within the spurs forum main page below the thread title? We usually see for example 1, 2, 3, 4......48 or however many pages the thread has.

Obviously with mobile there will always be limitations and this is still just the beta but I was actually hoping one day there would be a mobile friendly version of spurstalk and its finally here!

Either way I'm still using it for the time being.

timvp
09-03-2018, 02:04 PM

:tu

2 things

1.When I wanted to return to spurs forum from a thread, I clicked on the thread title link at the top so I could go back but instead a drop down menu comes out and then you make a selection. It should just return you to the forum you were in. In this case the spurs forum. It's a small thing but It got on my nerves every time I wanted to go back to the spurs forum after seeing a thread lolGood idea. I'll try to change it. Thanks.

2. Would we be able to see or even select a thread page within the spurs forum main page below the thread title? We usually see for example 1, 2, 3, 4......48 or however many pages the thread has.Agreed that way would be preferred but not possible, unfortunately.

Obviously with mobile there will always be limitations and this is still just the beta but I was actually hoping one day there would be a mobile friendly version of spurstalk and its finally here!

Either way I'm still using it for the time being.:tu

Phenomanul
09-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Just checked it out... looks good. Color schemes will always be a subjective issue so rather than suggest one or the other maybe you can provide a list of color scheme options (if it isn't too difficult to code).

Overall great though.

lefty
09-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Eyephonies. :lmao
:lol

lefty
09-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Galaxy9+ auto corrects texts size.

Same here on Galaxy S8

pripankaj
09-03-2018, 10:58 PM
thanx for sharing...

Strategic
09-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Eyephonies. :lmao it’s about time for me to get another phone. My last two or three have been I phones but I’m open to try something else. Can you recommend another phone that wouldn’t throw an old man for too much of a loop? Appreciate input.

dabom
09-04-2018, 12:41 PM
it’s about time for me to get another phone. My last two or three have been I phones but I’m open to try something else. Can you recommend another phone that wouldn’t throw an old man for too much of a loop? Appreciate input.

I can listen to youtube and browse ST at the same time at the gym.

dabom
09-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Youtube doesnt play closed unless you buy a subscription. This is one way around it.

dabom
09-04-2018, 12:46 PM
The sound on headphones is great. Better sound quality. Camera is great. Water resistant. Resistant not water proof okay guys. :lol

Optimization tools for always quick phone.

dabom
09-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Slightly big phone. You get used to it in a week.

dabom
09-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Finger recognition unlock behind phone. Easy to unlock just by using index finger. Super natural movement. Face recognition when fingers cant ge read after some pool time. Drops on phone dont get registered much. Ask Google is always half a second away. Small button hold and you're there. Siri never works on girls phone. Chrome and google maps own anything you got on an eyephonie. :lol

That's just casual use. I'm sure you can use microsoft office and other apps for working.

dabom
09-04-2018, 01:03 PM
If you got trump hands, stick with phonies. :lol

biziofromdowntown
09-04-2018, 01:29 PM
I like it. Really easy to use and dummies-prove I think.
Approved!

timvp
09-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Color scheme updated. Should look more familiar now.

NASpurs
09-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Color scheme updated. Should look more familiar now.

Looks good :tu

The dark color scheme is still there when you go advanced though... unless it’s intentional.

*edit* You got it. Thanks.

testingtesting
09-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Looks good :tu

The dark color scheme is still there when you go advanced though

Chinook
09-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Update is better. I'll leave it on for a few days to see how it goes. I still prefer the regular version, but I'm pretty well-versed in navigating the mobile site already.

timvp
09-04-2018, 08:39 PM
The dark color scheme is still there when you go advanced though... unless it’s intentional.

*edit* You got it. Thanks.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. Should be fixed :tu

gambit1990
09-04-2018, 08:45 PM
update is better. ditch the gradient on the page buttons.

will still use the regular version of the site but i appreciate the effort :tu

vander
09-09-2018, 07:14 AM
could you make the navigation bars a little bigger? they're thinner than old mobile style, harder to hit with fat fingers