PDA

View Full Version : Marco's Starting Five: PG Murray, SG Belinelli, SF DeRozan, PF Gay, C Aldridge

Man Mountain
09-04-2018, 11:43 PM

I wonder if he knows anything :stirpot:

Spur|n|Austin
09-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Yo - that’s a video game dude.

Chinook
09-04-2018, 11:56 PM
There's a strong possibility he starts. I don't love it at all, but his movement and shooting would be good from the starting lineup. Even if Patty starts, it would be best for the team if Patty played like Beli does rather than how he usually plays.

Stabula
09-05-2018, 01:13 AM
oh

TheGreatYacht
09-05-2018, 01:37 AM
Even he knows Gasol is a cancerous piece of trash. Shame PATFO couldn't.

kobyz
09-05-2018, 06:15 AM
Bryn is better than him

RD2191
09-05-2018, 06:37 AM
We're going to suck this year, aren't we? :lol

superbigtime
09-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Beli is not a starter

YGWHI
09-05-2018, 08:15 AM
-Is Marco in "Milano" now?

-Did he beat the other "tifoso" guy/C's fan?

-Does Marco get tips on how to play defense...in NBA2K19? We already know he can't in real life.

All jokes aside, Spurs SL needs an efficient 3-point shooter desperately, if Marco could be that guy, I'm fine with him starting games.

TheCerebral1
09-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Gross, I hate this team already. I like the PG and that's about it. I'm ready to be rid of DeRozan, Aldridge, Gay, Mills and Gasol for futures by mid season. I'm a Spurs fan for sure, but this is going to be an ugly season.

TimmyBuckets
09-05-2018, 10:27 AM

I wonder if he knows anything :stirpot:

Love that! Of course he's gonna play as himself. Still, there's a possibility he starts.

Dex
09-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Gross, I hate this team already. I like the PG and that's about it. I'm ready to be rid of DeRozan, Aldridge, Gay, Mills and Gasol for futures by mid season. I'm a Spurs fan for sure, but this is going to be an ugly season.

You want to move half the team for future draft picks?

YGWHI
09-05-2018, 10:30 AM

I doubt it. The Spus wil be a top 2-3 seed in the West for sure. Rockets, Pels..many teams got worse in the summer. You'll enjoy this new season.

playblair
09-05-2018, 10:36 AM
thats a 30 win season starting line up

exstatic
09-05-2018, 10:43 AM

So you want to get rid of our two All NBA players?

You need to understand that if any team plays GS's game, they lose automatically. If Pop were to revert to the Beautiful Game, we wouldn't take a game from them all year. With like systems, the talent always wins out, and they have four All NBA players to our two.

The way to take them out of their comfort zone defensively is to pound them in the post, and attack the mid-range and the rim on their closeouts. That will keep us in every game we play with them.

KDKSpurs24
09-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Then you’re gonna be in for a big surprise. I don’t see it being an ugly season at all. The team is deep and I believe they will gel very well.

KDKSpurs24
09-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Starting lineups don’t play 48 mins together.

Seventyniner
09-05-2018, 10:56 AM
From Green/Number 2 to DeRozan/Beli. It may not be possible to downgrade more on wing defense.

SpursDynasty85
09-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Your take is terrible. That is an upgrade over last year's starting lineup.

Murray, Mills, Anderson, Aldridge, Gasol was so bad on offense past year except Aldridge. Defense may be slightly better but not much.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-05-2018, 11:07 AM
That lineup features two all-stars and an all-NBA defensive player. Not sure how anyone can say it's a 30-win lineup.

There's still decent talent behind that group off the bench with Mills, Poetl, Gasol, White and perhaps some help from the rookies.

I could see the Spurs making an additional roster tweak or two, but this group is going to be competitive. Considering the horrible position that the dumbass left the Spurs in when he demanded a trade, they've emerged pretty well, I think.

TheCerebral1
09-05-2018, 11:07 AM
You want to move half the team for future draft picks?

All NBA, you mean 2nd or third team? Be politically correct. This team needs to be built up. We'll be swept in the first round of the playoffs. Watch ;)

TimmyBuckets
09-05-2018, 11:14 AM
If I saw this lineup on any other team in the current west, I'd say they're shy of playoff contention. With Pop, 3-6 seed.

jermaine
09-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Then you’re gonna be in for a big surprise. I don’t see it being an ugly season at all. The team is deep and I believe they will gel very well.

I feel the same.... A worse team with Dirk won a title against Labron, so shit can happen.

KDKSpurs24
09-05-2018, 11:27 AM
All NBA, you mean 2nd or third team? Be politically correct. This team needs to be built up. We'll be swept in the first round of the playoffs. Watch ;)
Am I understanding this correctly? Are you really talking down on 2nd and 3rd team All NBA spots..? Dude there’s only 15(10 2nd and 3rd) of those in the entire league. Don’t be ridiculous.

Note: This team won’t get swept. It would at least take a game like it did last season. But you’re gonna definitely eat your words when this team does well.

TimmyBuckets
09-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Am I understanding this correctly? Are you really talking down on 2nd and 3rd team All NBA spots..? Dude there’s only 15(10 2nd and 3rd) of those in the entire league. Don’t be ridiculous.

Note: This team won’t get swept. It would at least take a game like it did last season. But you’re gonna definitely eat your words when this team does well.

Like get out of the first round without getting swept? How well does this team do?

SpursDynasty85
09-05-2018, 11:39 AM

Like get out of the first round without getting swept? How well does this team do?

Depends on the chemistry between Aldridge and DeRozan. Aldridge alone was a recipe for 50+ wins 5 years ago and he just had arguably his best season last year. DeRozan is in his prime now but it all depends if he can strengthen his weaknesses at this stage and as the Spurs saying goes "get over yourself". I think Rudy is the perfect mentor for him along with Manu. There is good potential there for sure. Not to mention a pretty good bench.

KDKSpurs24
09-05-2018, 11:41 AM
AT LEAST compete hard in the 2nd round for a 6 or 7 game series loss. At best WCF (GS is ridiculous if healthy so don’t get hopes up for the finals obviously). That’s doing well considering the circumstances, imo.

RD2191
09-05-2018, 11:49 AM

Tbh :lol

TimmyBuckets
09-05-2018, 12:09 PM
AT LEAST compete hard in the 2nd round for a 6 or 7 game series loss. At best WCF (GS is ridiculous if healthy so don’t get hopes up for the finals obviously). That’s doing well considering the circumstances, imo.

Pretty much.

Gordy58
09-05-2018, 12:32 PM

Did you see the ugly team we trotted out this past season? And still managed to make the playoffs lmao

KDKSpurs24
09-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Did you see the ugly team we trotted out this past season? And still managed to make the playoffs lmao
Exactly.

ginobilized
09-05-2018, 01:23 PM
That starting lineup can win us 30 games and the rest of the guys can win another 20 or so.
I'll take it!

exstatic
09-05-2018, 02:30 PM
That starting lineup can win us 30 games and the rest of the guys can win another 20 or so.
I'll take it!

Well played.

ginobilized
09-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Well played.
Thanks!

TD 21
09-05-2018, 03:40 PM
:lmao At reading into this. Naturally, he's going to insert himself. The reality is, him and DeRozan would probably be the worst starting defensive wing tandem in the league and the way the roster is constructed, they don't have the flexibility to get to Aldridge at C and Gay at PF lineups nearly as much as they should.

As we've discussed ad nauseam, there is no good immediate defensive option for the starting wing spot opposite DeRozan, but at least Gay (only starting caliber player with physical tools to guard big wings) and Mills (speed/quickness to guard small guards, which would allow them to cross match Murray onto elite SG's) have a somewhat redeeming quality.

MaNu4Tres
09-05-2018, 04:30 PM
As we've discussed ad nauseam, there is no good immediate defensive option for the starting wing spot opposite DeRozan, but at least Gay (only starting caliber player with physical tools to guard big wings) and Mills (speed/quickness to guard small guards, which would allow them to cross match Murray onto elite SG's) have a somewhat redeeming quality.

I think Lonnie can be that guy at the 2 that can start with DeRozan. I shared my thoughts on why already.

TD 21
09-05-2018, 04:40 PM
I think Lonnie can be that guy at the 2 that can start with DeRozan. I shared my thoughts on why already.

I do too, but immediately, as in entering the season? As I've said, maybe at some point during, but more likely the following season (in place of Gasol).