PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ryan series on Amazon *spoilers*

Blake
09-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Season 1: 6/10

I liked the set up, I liked the storyline enough. The acting is pretty mediocre or it's bad casting. Maybe both. Hard to separate Jim Halpert from Jack Ryan.

They were sneaky good with how they portrayed Islam from different points of view. The ending was pretty anticlimactic. The most tense moments came in the middle where he's chasing down the bad guy little brother in the Alps.

Worth watching but ultimately underwhelming.

Fabbs
09-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Were you offended the movie did not glorify UnIslamic terrorism?

Blake
09-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Keep your silly retarded questions to yourself and stay on topic.

Fabbs
09-07-2018, 10:43 AM
I'll take that as a non answer.
Try to stay on topic.

Avante
09-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Getting back to trash bags,

My favorite color is black, what's yours?

Avante
09-07-2018, 11:00 AM

Dude, let's talk those trash bags, ok?

Avante
09-07-2018, 11:07 AM

Let's open up the Quran to any random page.....

page 145

If they turn away, God will punish them with grievance suffering

....they shall have a painful punishment.

The Fire of Hell is far hotter

Everywhere ya look something about....PUNISH.

Easy to see why all the violence found in Islam.

Avante
09-07-2018, 12:50 PM
I have a thread about a book....TEXAS TOUGH. Ask Blake what that had to do with trash bags? Yep....pay back.

FrostKing
09-07-2018, 01:15 PM
John Krasinski. Polish brother.

Blake
09-07-2018, 03:51 PM
I have a thread about a book....TEXAS TOUGH. Ask Blake what that had to do with trash bags? Yep....pay back.

hard to tell if you're a bitter old man or an emo middle school girl.

Stay on topic, dummy

Avante
09-07-2018, 04:04 PM
hard to tell if you're a bitter old man or an emo middle school girl.

Stay on topic, dummy

Well it's real easy to see you are wimpy little shit who can dish it out but can't take it.

Did you really think you could talk trash bags in a thread of mine and I wouldn't repay the disrespect, are you really this damn stupid?

Dude, don't wimper around now ya little bitch just think next time, ok ya little freak?

I can see it now...

You kick your little sister in the shin, so she hauls off and knocks ya on your ass.

Little Blake....wahwahwah....mommy mommy...wah
Mommy...what is it Little Blake?
Little Blake (pointing)...she hit me.............bacccckkkk, wahwah
Mommy....a lesson in life son. Don't start shit then cry around about what happens next.

Blake
09-07-2018, 04:08 PM
:lol bitter old man it is

Stay on topic, dummy

Avante
09-07-2018, 04:13 PM
:lol bitter old man it is

Stay on topic, dummy

I will if you can explain what this....

I'm talking about Texas Tough trash bags. I'm not talking about you. Stop making this about me and stick to the topic of trash bags.

Now what's your opinion on Costco brand?

......has to do with me talking about a book, well?

Blake, why talk trash bags in a thread OBVIOUSLY about a book, well?

Blake
09-07-2018, 04:28 PM
:lol

Avante
09-07-2018, 04:33 PM

translation

Yep, I can dish it out but as all can see I cry around like the little wimp I am when it's pay back time. Now all I can do is act stupid with a weak, lame smilie.

Yep, a worm.

Avante
09-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Let's liven this stupid thread up with some.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quCf30oro_4

Chucho
09-09-2018, 10:30 PM
John Krasinski. Polish brother.

I put on this new CGI Netflix movie for my boy the other day and I saw that name on the intro credits. I mistook him for the John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren and Stimpy since I had no idea who this dude Krasinski dude is/was. It made sense since I can't imagine the creator of Ren and Stimpy getting top billing on an ensemble voice cast, but was still sad to find out it was this jabrone.

Chucho
09-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Getting back to trash bags,

My favorite color is black, what's yours?

I bet you can't even afford the drawstring trash bags on your plebeian SSI old man income. You probably fought the change from traditional garbage men picking up your trash to the automated trucks because you're a racist cocksucker. You probably placed your shitty aluminum trash cans (with your address painted on them) for months after the county delivered your bins for months, you senile prick. I hope I'm not assuming you have the automated trucks, but there's a good chance I'm wrong since you live in one of the shittiest, piss-poor counties in the state. Tulare makes San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties look decent.

Me myself, I'm a Glad© with Gain™ man. 13 gallon. Hawaiian Aloha is the proper scent.

Avante
09-09-2018, 11:46 PM
I bet you can't even afford the drawstring trash bags on your plebeian SSI old man income. You probably fought the change from traditional garbage men picking up your trash to the automated trucks because you're a racist cocksucker. You probably placed your shitty aluminum trash cans (with your address painted on them) for months after the county delivered your bins for months, you senile prick. I hope I'm not assuming you have the automated trucks, but there's a good chance I'm wrong since you live in one of the shittiest, piss-poor counties in the state. Tulare makes San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties look decent.

Me myself, I'm a Glad© with Gain™ man. 13 gallon. Hawaiian Aloha is the proper scent.

Ok ok ok ok, I confess, I know...0....about trash bags/garbage. Never given it a thought.

Exciting life ya got going there amigo.

gambit1990
09-10-2018, 12:55 AM
not a fan of jim. never seen anything he's been in other than the office and i don't think i ever will.

Chucho
09-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Ok ok ok ok, I confess, I know...0....about trash bags/garbage. Never given it a thought.

Exciting life ya got going there amigo.

99% of that post was just running you down for being old and poor. Garbage bags are just another thing you don't know about, kinda like you don't know shit about, oh, everything.

SpursforSix
09-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Yeah...a little disappointing after the trailers. Expected more from Amazon. It played like a network series.
Not bad but not great.

Agree that it’s impossible not to think of him as Jim.
But not sure that even without that stigma, he’s right for the role.

Avante
09-11-2018, 12:37 AM
99% of that post was just running you down for being old and poor. Garbage bags are just another thing you don't know about, kinda like you don't know shit about, oh, everything.

Why lie? You obviously get off talking trash bags and garbage.

I'm not the one so damn dumb I think kids can run a 20.00 200m and Steve Austin is bigger than Hulk Hogan.

Dude, you are an idiot.

Chucho
09-11-2018, 02:18 AM
Why lie? You obviously get off talking trash bags and garbage.

I'm not the one so damn dumb I think kids can run a 20.00 200m and Steve Austin is bigger than Hulk Hogan.

Dude, you are an idiot.

Austin made more money for his boss in less time than Hogan did. That's quantifiable proof.

You're old and fat and have a fat decrepit wife and a retarded son.

Avante
09-11-2018, 02:45 AM
Austin made more money for his boss in less time than Hogan did. That's quantifiable proof.

You're old and fat and have a fat decrepit wife and a retarded son.

You don't get it at all do ya stupid? Who is the guy who brought pro rasslin' to the masses, yep...............HULK HOGAN.

Will ignore the stupid....You're.....hahahahahaha~~~~ Fucking moron.

Mikeanaro
09-11-2018, 03:05 AM
not a fan of jim. never seen anything he's been in other than the office and i don't think i ever will.
Because he is a meh guy, inexpressive and totally replaceable.
The Office mostly worked because Steve Carell was the star, then you have guys that were decent like Ed Helms which was the square ass ( he kept doing similar parts over his career).
The fat guy who was a drummer... very likeable, the old man was a weirdo.

The worst characters were Mindy Kaling (she is an annoying ugly POS and is doing lots of money) and the guy that played her boyfriend.
But Jim doesnt say a lot, specially nearing the end when he and Pam became douchebags because they were having a baby.

Xevious
09-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Yeah...a little disappointing after the trailers. Expected more from Amazon. It played like a network series.
Not bad but not great.
I didn't watch, but that's kind of the vibe it gave me when I looked it up... something that might air on TNT or USA at best.

Fadi Fawaz
09-15-2018, 08:57 PM
Hard to separate Jim Halpert from Jack Ryan.

Yea, but you like big tuna.

Errol Flynn
09-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Because he is a meh guy, inexpressive and totally replaceable.
The Office mostly worked because Steve Carell was the star, then you have guys that were decent like Ed Helms which was the square ass ( he kept doing similar parts over his career).
The fat guy who was a drummer... very likeable, the old man was a weirdo.

The worst characters were Mindy Kaling (she is an annoying ugly POS and is doing lots of money) and the guy that played her boyfriend.
But Jim doesnt say a lot, specially nearing the end when he and Pam became douchebags because they were having a baby.

IIRC, I think they both wriggled their way in because they were on the production side first.

DMC
09-16-2018, 02:55 PM
I can't discuss this series in terms of actual actor names, since I have no fucking idea who they are IRL. However I felt that Jack Ryan character was actually a portrayal of Harrison Ford's interpretation of Clancy's character. The books I've read about Ryan have him as more of a bad ass than this, and less of a maverick while occupying low level positions. Also, he seems too loose with information to be taken seriously in that role. Also, I don't get the drone pilot story. Seems like a time filler.

Not a bad story, just felt like I've seen it a dozen times. I was half expecting to see Clare Danes appear. These series have an overload of deus ex machina... someone randomly stopping along a roadway in the "direction" they think the bad guy went, and finding a trinket or some foreshadowed clue. The odds are astronomical that ever happens IRL, but in the movies it happens all the time when the writers fuck up and ignore plots.

Reck
11-02-2018, 07:33 PM
This started out fairly decent but wheels fell off around episode 4.

I have no problem with Krasinski. maybe because I had already watched a few movies with him outside the Jim Halpert mold. Probably not worth watching season 2.

DeezNutz2020
12-06-2018, 03:37 AM
Its ok...nothing special really

AaronY
12-06-2018, 11:04 AM
I put on this new CGI Netflix movie for my boy the other day and I saw that name on the intro credits. I mistook him for the John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren and Stimpy since I had no idea who this dude Krasinski dude is/was. It made sense since I can't imagine the creator of Ren and Stimpy getting top billing on an ensemble voice cast, but was still sad to find out it was this jabrone.

You're a really good storyteller

Blake
12-06-2018, 11:50 AM

spurraider21
12-06-2018, 12:01 PM
i thought it was fine. will still probably watch season 2. but nothing special.

Chucho
12-06-2018, 12:08 PM
You're a really good storyteller

Sweet. You didn't make the same post you always make.

SpursforSix
12-06-2018, 12:13 PM
i thought it was fine. will still probably watch season 2. but nothing special.

Probably this.