PDA

View Full Version : Dallas cop fearing for her life shoots scary black man in apartment

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

baseline bum
09-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Dallas officer enters apartment she mistakes for her own, fatally shoots man inside (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dallas-officer-enters-apartment-she-mistakes-her-own-fatally-shoots-n907411)
Dallas police said the officer called for help and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."

A Dallas man was killed late Thursday when a police officer returning home from her shift entered the wrong apartment in her building and eventually opened fire, authorities said.

Details surrounding the death of Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia, were not immediately available early Friday.

His mother, Allie Jean, said in a phone interview that his family was stunned to learn of his death.

"He did no one any wrong," she said.

Dallas police in a statement said that preliminary information suggests the officer involved called for help, and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."

The incident began just before 10 p.m. CT (11 p.m. ET) at the South Side Flats, an upscale apartment complex directly south of Dallas' downtown.

During the encounter, the officer was in full uniform and "fired her weapon striking the victim," police said.

Jean was taken to the hospital and died. The Dallas County Medical Examiner later released his identity.

https://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2018_36/2558451/180906-botham-shem-jean-mn-1015_bf62d06c17898b14e068a0ddf292e50f.fit-560w.jpg
Botham Shem Jean was shot when a Dallas police officer returning home from her shift entered the wrong apartment in her building.

The officer was not immediately identified, and was being placed on administrative leave during the investigation.

At a news conference early Friday, Dallas police Sgt. Warren Mitchell said they had yet to interview the officer and would not speculate as to whether she mistakenly entered another apartment and believed the man already inside was an intruder.

"We still have a lot to do in this investigation," Mitchell added.

Allie Jean said her son lived in a gated apartment complex and had no reason not to trust anyone who was at his door.

"He's that kind of person," she said.

But she questioned how the situation could have escalated to her son's shooting.

"Somebody has to be crazy not to realize that they walked into the wrong apartment," Allie Jean said. "He's a bachelor. Things are different inside."

"And if you try your key and it doesn't work, that should make you realize you're at the wrong apartment," she added. "Every door for each apartment is also numbered."

Allie Jean said she would speak with her son daily, usually before 10 p.m., but thought he might be out after she didn't hear from him.

She remembered her son, who was nicknamed Bo, as a top student who loved serving as a song leader in church and leading worship.

He attended Harding University, a private Christian institution in Arkansas, and was a member of the Good News Singers and campus ministry.

"I don't think there was a student on campus who didn't know Botham," said Landis Tindell, who knew him as a resident adviser. "He was always friendly, always smiling, and just all around a great person."

After Jean graduated in 2016, he remained in the U.S. with an internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Dallas, where he worked in the risk assurance department, his mother said.

"We were very, very close," Allie Jean added. "We would talk about everything, about politics. Botham loved everyone, and everyone loved him."

His sister, Allisa Charles-Findley, wrote on Facebook that she was thinking about what to get Jean for his 27th birthday later this month, but "now I have to go pick out your casket."

"My brother is my best friend," she told NBC News. "My heart is broken beyond repair."

clambake
09-07-2018, 01:11 PM
"where do we send the check"

Trill Clinton
09-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Sad

boutons_deux
09-07-2018, 01:18 PM
" "He's a bachelor.

Things are different inside."

"And if you try your key and it doesn't work,

that should make you realize you're at the wrong apartment," she added.

"Every door for each apartment is also numbered.""

Was the cop SUI (shooting under the influence)?

Shooting him dead was her only option?

Just another (white?) cop escalating immediately to shooting an unarmed black man, yawn.

BLM,

Take A Knee

CitizenDwayne
09-07-2018, 01:27 PM
She thought it was her apartment? No fucking way, surely there’s more to the story

baseline bum
09-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Sounds like they gave her time to sober up considering the cop in the press conference linked in my article said they hadn't interviewed her yet.

SpursforSix
09-07-2018, 01:35 PM
She thought it was her apartment? No fucking way, surely there’s more to the story

well...it plays better than

"Racist Bitch Cop Shoots Neighbor Over Loud Music"

Avante
09-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Dead set against women being cops.

Knowing their limitations....pull that weapon.

FrostKing
09-07-2018, 01:45 PM
" "He's a bachelor.

Things are different inside."

"And if you try your key and it doesn't work,

that should make you realize you're at the wrong apartment," she added.

"Every door for each apartment is also numbered.""

Shooting him dead was her only option?

Just another (white?) cop escalating immediately to shooting an unarmed black man, yawn. BLM, Take A Knee
Nice try. The focus of the story is her gender not race, cuckold.

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 02:01 PM
So how bad will her slap on the wrist be?

boutons_deux
09-07-2018, 02:12 PM

"following dept protocol"

magik 5-word incantation: "I Feared For My Life" while entering uninvited into a unarmed black man's apartment.

"The dead guy left me no choice"

"did nothing wrong"

"tragic mistake"

"It's tough job"

"punished" with a week or two on leave with full pay and benefits, headed for Cancun.

Taxpayers to be billed many $Ms

Fabbs
09-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Yep. Like they were dating and she thought he was porking a gal on the side and went into a jealous rage.

Fabbs
09-07-2018, 02:28 PM
well...it plays better than

"Racist Bitch Cop Shoots Neighbor Over Loud Music"
Exactly. Caning or otherwise disciplining someone playing juvenile rap music too loudly would be acceptable.
Shooting is probably not.
Shooting to kill is crossing a boundary.

SnakeBoy
09-07-2018, 02:31 PM
Sad. The guy really din do nuffin this time.

teh lulz
09-07-2018, 02:37 PM
I’ll always be here for you!

SnakeBoy
09-07-2018, 02:46 PM

I know. It's the goal.

DMC
09-07-2018, 02:51 PM
How much BBC do you think she was getting until he cut her off?

DMC
09-07-2018, 02:51 PM

You're the only reason I come here, tbh

SpursforSix
09-07-2018, 03:02 PM
You're the only reason I come here, tbh

Bend over, I’ll fucking show you teh lulz.

Nathan89
09-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Unfortunate event tbh.

mrsmaalox
09-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Shut up.

baseline bum
09-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Unfortunate event tbh.

Your house getting struck by lightning is an unfortunate event. Someone choosing to murder another person isn't just a bad roll of the dice.

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 04:24 PM
I know. It's the goal.

Murder is funny!

What an assclown.

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Shut up.

Holy shit. A blast from the past. Whats up MsM?

DMC
09-07-2018, 06:51 PM

And wearing shoes.

TeyshaBlue
09-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Looks like the DA is starting with manslaughter with a likely upgrade to homicide.

pgardn
09-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Wow...

Snakechild is broken up.
A Christian choir boy.
If only he was white boots would have called it a W.

Thats what we got on here. Sanctity of life types.

boutons_deux
09-07-2018, 09:00 PM
"Originally Posted by SnakeBoy (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9529402#post9529402)
Sad. The guy really din do nuffin this time."

this time? :lol

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Looks like the DA is starting with manslaughter with a likely upgrade to homicide.
We’ve heard that before, they’ll wait for the media uproar to end and then proceed to wrist slapping.

DarrinS
09-07-2018, 09:01 PM
That’s a crazy story. Cop was fucked up or something else going on. Need more details

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 09:04 PM
We’ve heard that before, they’ll wait for the media uproar to end and then proceed to wrist slapping.Dallas seems a bit less inclined to do so these days.

ElNono
09-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Sad situation...

Just surprised some twitter post of an old photo of the dude smoking pot hasn't surfaced in here posted by the usual suspects yet, tbh...

boutons_deux
09-07-2018, 09:08 PM
"Originally Posted by SnakeBoy (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9529402#post9529402)
Sad. The guy really din do nuffin this time."

this time? :lol

boutons_deux
09-07-2018, 09:09 PM

DarrinS
09-07-2018, 09:10 PM
How do you not know your own home, unless you’re really f’ed up?

Blake
09-07-2018, 09:42 PM

Oh look, Avante is a misogynist. No way!

Blake
09-07-2018, 09:44 PM
How do you not know your own home, unless you’re really f’ed up?

WHY'D YOU TAKE ALL MY PICTURES DOWN, THIEF

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Everybody be honest (except SnakeBoy, just make your usual barely amusing jokes) - if he was anything other than a large black man, does he get shot?

TeyshaBlue
09-07-2018, 10:49 PM
We’ve heard that before, they’ll wait for the media uproar to end and then proceed to wrist slapping.

The DA announced the warrant today

ducks
09-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Your house getting struck by lightning is an unfortunate event. Someone choosing to murder another person isn't just a bad roll of the dice.

Why are you not butching about all the murders of inncocent people that are not gang members in Chicago

ducks
09-07-2018, 11:05 PM
Everybody be honest (except SnakeBoy, just make your usual barely amusing jokes) - if he was anything other than a large black man, does he get shot?

White large man would
Especially with tatoes all over his body

Not a good idea for cops to be inside a building by themselves
Need pairs

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 11:09 PM
The DA announced the warrant today

Oh, well I’m sure that means it’s an open and shut case then.

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 11:10 PM
White large man would
Especially with tatoes all over his body

Not a good idea for cops to be inside a building by themselves
Need pairs

She was in her own apartment complex and off duty, you fucking retard.

SnakeBoy
09-07-2018, 11:11 PM

Honestly, it depends on if the guy was fucking the female cop.

ducks
09-07-2018, 11:13 PM
She was in her own apartment complex and off duty, you fucking retard.

No wonder the dude got shot

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Honestly, it depends on if the guy was fucking the female cop.

for teh lulz!

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Go fuck yourself.

ducks
09-07-2018, 11:21 PM
if you were a cop and you found a stranger in your house would you not pull out your weapon and tell the person illegally entering someone’s else property and tell the guy to get the hell out
Guy said make me and that was
That

monosylab1k
09-07-2018, 11:24 PM
if you were a cop and you found a stranger in your house would you not pull out your weapon and tell the person illegally entering someone’s else property and tell the guy to get the hell out
Guy said make me and that was
That
HE WAS IN HIS OWN APARTMENT YOU FUCKING MORON, THE COP INTRUDED INTO HIS PRIVATE RESIDENCE AND SHOT HIM.

HOW ARE YOU THIS FUCKING STUPID????

clambake
09-07-2018, 11:25 PM
blacks and whites should not live in the same place.....especially if crazy asians are around.

ElNono
09-08-2018, 12:29 AM

Islamophobic, Racist, Misogynist and completely uneducated in anything that has to do with Blues, Track and Jack Reacher... how much worse can it really get, tbh?

ducks
09-08-2018, 12:30 AM
blacks and whites should not live in the same place.....especially if crazy asians are around.

Dude James said he could feel comfortable around whites
What a racist piece of shit

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 12:35 AM
Islamophobic, Racist, Misogynist and completely uneducated in anything that has to do with Blues, Track and Jack Reacher... how much worse can it really get, tbh?

He also doesn’t know shit about football :lol

ducks
09-08-2018, 12:44 AM
They play football still ?
Last time I watched it was more like flag football

That was 3 years ago

Avante
09-08-2018, 12:56 AM

230 pound man gets shot, and if his partner doesn't drag him out of the road he will get ran over by a truck. She weighs 130 pounds.

How many times have I heard...."can ya open this for me"?

Avante
09-08-2018, 01:01 AM

Islam is dangerous.
We are different,why play silly games?
Never put a woman in danger.
Could teach them blues at any school.
I have no equal when it comes o track & field
Have read every Reacher novel in excistance

Avante
09-08-2018, 01:03 AM
He also doesn’t know shit about football :lol

Can talk about players nobody here has ever heard of, wanna test that?

SpursforSix
09-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Word is that she was on the wrong floor but at the right apartment relative to her floor.
My guess is the guy heard her screwing with the wrong key in the door and was opening the door.
She heard him on the other side and pulled her gun.
Door opens and there’s a black dude so she shoots him.
And she probably shoots him if he was white.

Avante
09-08-2018, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't want a woman having my back if I were a cop.

Judy is 5-10 135 pounds, she was a college athlete and in tremendous shape, she works at it. Yet, she can't even open up some jars. Women just don't have that upper body strength. Please don't....oh yeah well she can........ok? I'm obviously talking normal women.

So knowing they aren't as strong as a man, what do they have to do?

SpursforSix
09-08-2018, 01:29 AM

Judy is 5-10 135 pounds, she was a college athlete and in tremendous shape, she works at it. Yet, she can't even open up some jars. Women just don't have that upper body strength. Please don't....oh yeah well she can........ok? I'm obviously talking normal women.

We get it. You prefer big men behind you.

SpursforSix
09-08-2018, 01:30 AM
And does it freak them out when you tell them to fuck you like you’re 13?

ducks
09-08-2018, 01:32 AM
Word is that she was on the wrong floor but at the right apartment relative to her floor.
My guess is the guy heard her screwing with the wrong key in the door and was opening the door.
In the balls?

Avante
09-08-2018, 01:33 AM
And does it freak them out when you tell them to fuck you like you’re 13?

yawn

ElNono
09-08-2018, 02:28 AM

We get it, you prefer Judy in the kitchen opening some jars... crystal clear, tbh...

baseline bum
09-08-2018, 07:09 AM

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Oh, well I’m sure that means it’s an open and shut case then.

No. The charges will likely escalate. Your attempted narrative sucks in this particular situation.

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 09:05 AM
In the balls?

Just stop talking. Now.

pgardn
09-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Thats too reasonable.
Lets escalate this thing.

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 10:48 AM
No. The charges will likely escalate. Your attempted narrative sucks in this particular situation.

:lmao yeah, my attempted narrative of police officers protecting their own, even when their own is in the wrong. That narrative NEVER happens, right?

boutons_deux
09-08-2018, 10:54 AM
wrong floor, wrong door number, cops racial profiling, BLAM!

any reports how many times she shot him? you know, target practice

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 10:57 AM

Bullshit.

lefty
09-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Another cover up story for the unnatural selection process

"Cop's mistake"
"Gangs"
Etc etc

White illuminati keeping the black people quota low

spurraider21
09-08-2018, 11:00 AM
important question: was the cop christian?

pgardn
09-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Bullshit.

BS on your BS if it was a surprise in which both parties had to react quickly after getting ready for a confrontation.

The one thing I don’t exactly see is that there was no verbal communication.
I will say if they are already looking at manslaughter———->murder then SF6 scenario is probably not accurate.
If you get more info put it up. We are all guessing.

boutons_deux
09-08-2018, 11:07 AM

do we even know her name?

Police operate anonymously, to avoid being doxxed and getting payback.

Blake
09-08-2018, 11:25 AM

What? Your junior college deans list kids must be so embarrassed of you.

Blake
09-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Excellent question

Blake
09-08-2018, 11:27 AM

The only thing worse would be if he were also old and fat

Blake
09-08-2018, 11:29 AM
230 pound man gets shot, and if his partner doesn't drag him out of the road he will get ran over by a truck. She weighs 130 pounds.

How many times have I heard...."can ya open this for me"?

You live in a very small bubble

SpursforSix
09-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Bullshit.

Assuming it played out like I said, she’s seeing some dude in her apartment. She’s thinking she’s going to be raped or murdered. If she has her gun drawn, she’s shooting.

mrsmaalox
09-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Holy shit. A blast from the past. Whats up MsM?

Hey :)

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 12:00 PM
:lmao yeah, my attempted narrative of police officers protecting their own, even when their own is in the wrong. That narrative NEVER happens, right?

Not happening now.

Spurminator
09-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Not happening now.

Thanks BLM

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Perhaps....actually, likely.

mrsmaalox
09-08-2018, 12:06 PM

The only thing worse would be if he were also old and fat

:lol

Lol Judy’s made it quite clear to him she only keeps him around to open jars

pgardn
09-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Thanks BLM

Absolutely.

And possibly the boots Dallas payback summer of 2016.

Spurminator
09-08-2018, 12:15 PM
And possibly the boots Dallas payback summer of 2016.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

SpursforSix
09-08-2018, 12:23 PM
If she wasn’t on drugs or drunk, I’d expect some major shit to be thrown at the DPD and the practice of 12 hour shifts.
This surely hasn’t escaped them. They’re probably scared as shit that the blame could switch from the cop to them.

Blake
09-08-2018, 01:18 PM

Lol Judy’s made it quite clear to him she only keeps him around to open jars

Trill Clinton
09-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Is the cop in jail yet?

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Is the cop in jail yet?

She hasn’t been arrested :lol and contrary to other reports, turns out there isn’t even a warrant yet.

But yeah, this is TOTALLY shaping up to be way different than all the other times when the police protected one of their own.

Trill Clinton
09-08-2018, 04:41 PM
She hasn’t even been arrested :lol and contrary to other reports, turns out there isn’t even a warrant yet.

I wonder why that is:wakeup

Why the delay? She shot an innocent man who was in his home minding his business. Seems kinda funny to me.

Blake
09-08-2018, 05:15 PM
She hasn’t been arrested :lol and contrary to other reports, turns out there isn’t even a warrant yet.

But yeah, this is TOTALLY shaping up to be way different than all the other times when the police protected one of their own.

The police department needs to take a knee on this one

ElNono
09-08-2018, 05:22 PM
I wonder why that is:wakeup

Why the delay? She shot an innocent man who was in his home minding his business. Seems kinda funny to me.

probably "separated from the force pending an investigation"...

bro, be careful if you run into this person at the mall, tbh...

Trill Clinton
09-08-2018, 05:44 PM
probably "separated from the force pending an investigation"...

bro, be careful if you run into this person at the mall, tbh...

Pray for me

Blake
09-08-2018, 06:03 PM
"The officer who killed a man in his apartment Thursday after she apparently mistook it for her own home also shot a suspect during an arrest in 2017...."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-police/2018/09/08/dallas-officer-shot-man-apartment-involved-2017-shooting-suspect

Spurminator
09-08-2018, 06:11 PM
"The officer who killed a man in his apartment Thursday after she apparently mistook it for her own home also shot a suspect during an arrest in 2017...."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-police/2018/09/08/dallas-officer-shot-man-apartment-involved-2017-shooting-suspect

That one seemed justified though.

resistanze
09-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Is the cop in jail yet?

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjlol.png

baseline bum
09-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Apparently not all lives do

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/amber-rene-guyger.jpg

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 07:04 PM
The cop: Amber Guyger, a five-year veteran of the force, sources told WFAA.

Arrest warrant pending per the Texas Rangers who now head up the investigation.

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 07:08 PM

lol wishcasting.

Fabbs
09-08-2018, 07:58 PM
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/amber-rene-guyger.jpg
Is the chick on our right doing an air boob grab?

Fabbs
09-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Did the officer and Jean know each other? Were they in a relationship?
"Apparently not. A source close to Guyger in the Dallas Police Department said Guyger and Jean had never met. Guyger moved into the South Side Flats complex about a month before the shooting, he said.
Jean family attorney Lee Merritt also said he has heard nothing to suggest the two had ever met before the shooting."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-police/2018/09/08/havent-police-named-officer-shot-manin-home-know-questions-answered
According to this reporter who purportedly has a sause within the Dallas PD
https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1529599721-INTERNheadshots_15.jpg?w=350&h=350&q=40&auto=format&fit=crop&crop=center

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 08:20 PM
The cop: Amber Guyger, a five-year veteran of the force, sources told WFAA.

Arrest warrant pending per the Texas Rangers who now head up the investigation.

Pending :lmao

Definitely treating this one like any other shooting.

Fabbs
09-08-2018, 08:36 PM

'slob sometimes it takes time to decide which charges to file with all the head gamey laws that have nothing to do with fairness. Not saying the DAs office in not playing ball with the PD. That surely happens every day in every city.

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 08:49 PM
'slob sometimes it takes time to decide which charges to file with all the head gamey laws that have nothing to do with fairness. Not saying the DAs office in not playing ball with the PD. That surely happens every day in every city.

I’m sure the next random shooting in Oak Cliff will get the same measured, thoughtful response.

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 09:01 PM
The one in Balch Springs moved fast.

TeyshaBlue
09-08-2018, 09:02 PM

That's pretty much what is supposed to happen. Odd you object now.

monosylab1k
09-08-2018, 10:53 PM
That's pretty much what is supposed to happen. Odd you object now.

Yeah random shootings in Oak Cliff definitely get treated this tenderly.

boutons_deux
09-08-2018, 11:31 PM
cash bail?

pgardn
09-08-2018, 11:45 PM
I don't understand what you're saying here.

BLM has definitely brought attention to these matters which reminded me of the Boutons counter solution.

The cop killer of 2016 in Dallas.
Boots applauded the payback.
Thats not helpful. Cops get jittery.

boutons_deux
09-09-2018, 12:08 AM
"Boots applauded the payback."

You Lie.

pgardn
09-09-2018, 12:27 AM
"Boots applauded the payback."

You Lie.

Its about time there was some payback?

You remember.

boutons_deux
09-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Its about time there was some payback?

You remember.

I remember. I was simply saying that, not approving it.

I fully understand any murderous rage any non-whites have might have after DAILY discrimination, insults, reduced pay, and if some racist fucking cop stopped innocent me, and handled my genitals and fingered my anus, just because I'm black, in front of my lady friend, I would certainly feel like some payback.

Trill Clinton
09-09-2018, 08:28 AM
They still investigating whether or not they're going to throw this cop in jail?

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 08:43 AM
They still investigating whether or not they're going to throw this cop in jail?

On which charge? I don't know what the Rangers are doing. Something in the initial interview got their attention.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 08:44 AM

I fully understand any murderous rage any non-whites have might have after DAILY discrimination, insults, reduced pay, and if some racist fucking cop stopped innocent me, and handled my genitals and fingered my anus, just because I'm black, in front of my lady friend, I would certainly feel like some payback.

Fucking nutbar.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Yeah random shootings in Oak Cliff definitely get treated this tenderly.
You are to have a real attraction for Oak Cliff. Former address?
lol tenderly. You don't know anything about what is going on. Neither do I. But let's call it tenderly because narrative. Beats thinking.

boutons_deux
09-09-2018, 08:49 AM
I expect all kinds of mitigating lies:

he hand something (lethal) in his hand

he had unpaid parking tickets

traces of ( but not actual ) mj found

etc

Message: cop executed him w/o trial because he was Bad Dude so deserved to die, no loss, racial cleansing is cops' first duty

Next ...

pgardn
09-09-2018, 09:16 AM

Page taken right from TRUMP playbook.
Well Done.

“It’s about time there was payback.”

“I was simply saying that, not approving it.”

So “it’s about time” does not infer approval?

Sure thing.

DMC
09-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Shit boots, that would be the most action you've seen in 30 years. You'd want a cigarette and you'd be trying to write a check.

monosylab1k
09-09-2018, 10:14 AM
You are to have a real attraction for Oak Cliff. Former address?
lol tenderly. You don't know anything about what is going on. Neither do I. But let's call it tenderly because narrative. Beats thinking.

okay man. stop replying to me. i’m not interested in or amused by your schtick here, never have been.

Winehole23
09-09-2018, 10:40 AM
The Texas Rangers have postponed seeking a warrant on manslaughter charges against an officer who shot and killed a man in Dallas, police said Saturdayhttps://www.cnn.com/2018/09/08/us/dallas-police-shooting/index.html

monosylab1k
09-09-2018, 10:46 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/08/us/dallas-police-shooting/index.html

:madrun narrative :madrun

Fabbs
09-09-2018, 10:48 AM
The apartment doors at the complex are all similar, Kinsey said, but Jean's doorstep had a bright red mat.
>

May end up being a small piece of the case.

Bill_Brasky
09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Why isn't this murdering bitch in jail yet?

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
okay man. stop replying to me. i’m not interested in or amused by your schtick here, never have been.

:cry

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 11:44 AM
The apartment doors at the complex are all similar, Kinsey said, but Jean's doorstep had a bright red mat.
>

May end up being a small piece of the case.

I think she was fucked up physically, mentally or both. No way you just accidentally enter an apartment and shoot a man in the chest.

Bill_Brasky
09-09-2018, 11:45 AM
IDGAF what her state of mind was. If i get drunk and run over someone i don't get to say i was drunk and get a slap on the wrist for it.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 11:47 AM

"At the very early stages of this investigation -- initial indications were that they were what we consider circumstances of an officer-involved shooting," Hall said. "However, as we continued this investigation it became clear that we were dealing with what appears to be a much different and very unique situation."

What the hell could she possibly have said that keeps her clear of charges for now? Just getting weird now.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 11:48 AM
IDGAF what her state of mind was. If i get drunk and run over someone i don't get to say i was drunk and get a slap on the wrist for it.

Agreed. What the hell have the Rangers encountered?

monosylab1k
09-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Why isn't this murdering bitch in jail yet?

Blake
09-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Yup

pgardn
09-09-2018, 12:23 PM
We don’t know shit.

But just by opinions we see the knee jerking.
This is seriously odd that investigators don’t appear to know more about her recounting events.

It looks like a horrific mistake.

There are some inconsistencies and we don’t know.

The white bitch cop wanted a black man dead quite obviously.

add more... it’s free without any consequences.

JakeCuenca
09-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Ugly Pawg probably get rejected by this young man and now its vengence.

Disgusting.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 01:01 PM
We don’t know shit.

This is seriously odd that investigators don’t appear to know more about her recounting events.

Keeping an open mind? You fool. Advance your narrative now!

boutons_deux
09-09-2018, 01:24 PM
We'll see if they tested her for alcohol and other drugs.

wrong floor? wrong door number? maybe wrong color door? WTF?

How long has she lived there? maybe she got "newbie lost"

Trill Clinton
09-09-2018, 01:34 PM
We don’t know shit.

We know she tried to enter the victims residence and shot him in cold blood. People are in prison for the rest of their lives for horrific mistakes and she should join them.

FrostKing
09-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Ugly Pawg probably get rejected by this young man and now its vengence.

Disgusting.
"Muh Dik"

Reck
09-09-2018, 01:49 PM
She's 2 for 2.

The Dallas police officer who says she fatally shot a black man in his apartment believing that it was her own apartment also shot a man last year, according to court documents.

Police say Amber Guyger, a four-year veteran of the force

In May 2017, Guyger was called to assist another officer searching for a suspect. An affidavit indicates a man identified as Uvaldo Perez got out of a car and became combative with Guyger and another officer. A struggle began and Guyger fired her Taser at Perez, who then wrested away her Taser. Guyger then drew her gun and shot Perez in the abdomen, the affidavit says. Guyger was not charged in the case.

2 major shootings in 2 years. This bitch is definitely fucked up.

SnakeBoy
09-09-2018, 02:11 PM
Agreed. What the hell have the Rangers encountered?

My guess is still that she was fucking the guy and this was premeditated murder.

pgardn
09-09-2018, 02:21 PM
We know she tried to enter the victims residence and shot him in cold blood. People are in prison for the rest of their lives for horrific mistakes and she should join them.

Cold blood because she thought he was in her apartment? Did he pop out on her?

Or she mistakenly shot a man she thought was waiting for her in her apartment?

What?
What happened?

So if she thought she was entering HER apartment, drew her gun because someone was present, and he took action thinking someone was trying to break into HIS apartment .. she should spend the rest of her life in jail?

There are people who have accidentally shot other people who do NOT spend the rest of their life in jail.
But you got more insight... You know the above did not happen, and if it did, so what...

Would it make a difference if she was not a cop? I think this is they key to the knee jerk.

pgardn
09-09-2018, 02:22 PM
My guess is still that she was fucking the guy and this was premeditated murder.

K

Snake is now mocking you Trill.

Trill Clinton
09-09-2018, 05:04 PM
What happened?

She tried to enter a man's apartment and shot him in cold blood. People go to prison for that.

baseline bum
09-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Cold blood because she thought he was in her apartment? Did he pop out on her?

Or she mistakenly shot a man she thought was waiting for her in her apartment?

What?
What happened?

So if she thought she was entering HER apartment, drew her gun because someone was present, and he took action thinking someone was trying to break into HIS apartment .. she should spend the rest of her life in jail?

There are people who have accidentally shot other people who do NOT spend the rest of their life in jail.
But you got more insight... You know the above did not happen, and if it did, so what...

Would it make a difference if she was not a cop? I think this is they key to the knee jerk.

Isn't she eligible to be charged with capital murder since illegally entering an occupied residence is considered a violent offense in Texas?

baseline bum
09-09-2018, 06:04 PM
She tried to enter a man's apartment and shot him in cold blood. People go to prison for that.

People get the needle for that.

Trill Clinton
09-09-2018, 06:46 PM
People get the needle for that.

That's a fact

monosylab1k
09-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Just wait and see guys, I’m sure this is going to be an incredibly harsh slap on the wrist!

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Arrested on manslaughter tonight

Winehole23
09-09-2018, 08:01 PM
The Texas Rangers took over the investigation from the Dallas Police Department and the warrant was issued after "subsequent coordination with the Dallas County District Attorney's Office," DPS said. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/09/dallas-officer-amber-guyger-arrested-fatally-shooting-botham-jean-apartment

spurraider21
09-09-2018, 08:26 PM
:lmao

:cry dont @ me faggot! :cry

DMC
09-09-2018, 08:30 PM
mans laughter

baseline bum
09-09-2018, 08:39 PM
She needs to be tried as a black man like in this case:

https://www.theonion.com/judge-rules-white-girl-will-be-tried-as-black-adult-1819594949

monosylab1k
09-09-2018, 09:01 PM
:lmao

:cry dont @ me faggot! :cry

Khalil Mack :lmao

spurraider21
09-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Khalil Mack :lmao
thats low

pgardn
09-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Cold blood implies she had no good reason for shooting him.

So you give me the scenario.
Again.

If she thinks someone is in her apartment while trying to open what she thinks is HER DOOR...
And he is sitting in HIS apartment thinking holy shit get ready someone is breaking in...

You see absolutely no way this is a horrific accident?

And. I’m not saying people don’t get manslaughter for this.
Im saying I CAN envision this as an accident.

Cold Blood... like she did not give a rats ass she shot a perfectly innocent and what seems to be an incredibly kind fellow?
Seriously. You already know this.
Give me a link cause based on what’s out I don’t know. So I can envision what I wrote or that she is a killer cop wildly wielding a weapon. But I don’t know.

So link.

pgardn
09-09-2018, 09:12 PM
If this was a black cop who shot a white woman in the wrong apartment while trying to enter what he thought was his apartment I would say the same thing. I already have seen that blacks do not get the benefit of doubt when dealing with cops as I have personally witnessed it.

But then we just apply this pent up anger to any individual case?

Seriously, give me a link on what went down.
Knee jerk shit here.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 09:13 PM
thats low
Schtick.

boutons_deux
09-09-2018, 10:05 PM
she was following police protocol, shoot blacks on sight

JakeCuenca
09-09-2018, 10:06 PM
If people care about latinos as much this bitch would have been in jail for manslaughter years ago.

FrostKing
09-09-2018, 10:20 PM
she was following police protocol, shoot blacks on sight
You mean human protocol

Fabbs
09-09-2018, 10:36 PM
some of you whiney butts playing the tired old race card schtikk:
Dallas officer who entered wrong apartment, killed man, arrested on manslaughter charge

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dallas-officer-who-entered-wrong-apartment-killed-man-arrested-on-manslaughter-charge/ar-BBN6Vaz?ocid=spartanntp

Guyger was released Sunday night on $300,000 bail, NBC Dallas-Fort Worth reported.

Chucho
09-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Arrested on manslaughter tonight

What a crock of shit. I can't buy into someone being "in the state of mind" from fatigue and the stress of a job to walk into the wrong apartment and just fire at someone instantly. 1. Walking into the wrong apartment is already a tough pill to swallow, even for the stoned of stoners and 2. If you've lived in your apartment long enough (or familiar enough with your property) you would know instantly you're in the wrong place and finally, 3. She had a weapon and is trained to use it as a last resort and she instantly kills the dude with zero recognition where she is.

This such a bullshit charge. It's murder. Period. 3 common sense strikes makes it kind of scary for commoners to think, "shit, cops are THAT stressed and mentally fatigued that this happens? " Sorry, but OJ's innocence is more probable than this shit story.

TeyshaBlue
09-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Murder calls for premeditation. It will be awhile, if ever, for that case to be made. Homicide seems the most likely upgrade.

Spurs Homer
09-09-2018, 11:20 PM
What a crock of shit. I can't buy into someone being "in the state of mind" from fatigue and the stress of a job to walk into the wrong apartment and just fire at someone instantly. 1. Walking into the wrong apartment is already a tough pill to swallow, even for the stoned of stoners and 2. If you've lived in your apartment long enough (or familiar enough with your property) you would know instantly you're in the wrong place and finally, 3. She had a weapon and is trained to use it as a last resort and she instantly kills the dude with zero recognition where she is.

This such a bullshit charge. It's murder. Period. 3 common sense strikes makes it kind of scary for commoners to think, "shit, cops are THAT stressed and mentally fatigued that this happens? " Sorry, but OJ's innocence is more probable than this shit story.

Need all the facts to come out and I am sure they will come out. Manslaughter implies some kind of panic or accidental or a crime that was not planned out. Wait until all the evidence comes out to see just why she went in that apartment and forensics will paint a clearer picture on just how it went down. Manslaughter is still no picnic and she will be hard pressed to get out of this without any prison time. I don't think a prosecutor wants the burden of having to prove she willfully murdered the poor dude - so they probably agreed to try for Manslaughter instead. Although at this point - just not enough facts have been released to really know too much either way.

pgardn
09-09-2018, 11:39 PM
Need all the facts to come out and I am sure they will come out. Manslaughter implies some kind of panic or accidental or a crime that was not planned out. Wait until all the evidence comes out to see just why she went in that apartment and forensics will paint a clearer picture on just how it went down. Manslaughter is still no picnic and she will be hard pressed to get out of this without any prison time. I don't think a prosecutor wants the burden of having to prove she willfully murdered the poor dude - so they probably agreed to try for Manslaughter instead. Although at this point - just not enough facts have been released to really know too much either way.

Oh stop being reasonable for Christsakes.

Shes a murdering bitch.

Chucho
09-09-2018, 11:53 PM

All true. Good post.

Pavlov
09-10-2018, 12:08 AM
How the fuck did she become a cop in the first place if this is her reaction?

Probably blew away all the cardboard cutouts of children when she was tested.

Avante
09-10-2018, 12:12 AM
Women have no business carrying a gun around in any situation.

Spurs Homer
09-10-2018, 12:31 AM
Oh stop being reasonable for Christsakes.

Shes a murdering bitch.

lol

She might be!

ElNono
09-10-2018, 02:06 AM
She was scared, confused, tired, a police officer, American and Texan... he was black and not even American-born...

Sadly, I'm gonna go with the prosecutor going lightly here, she's discharged from the force, pleads guilty to manslaughter for probation and a couple million for the dude's family (taxpayer money, who cares, amirite?)...

Hopefully we don't have to hear how she was a great neighbor, took her dogs to walk every day, fed the homeless so it sounds a bit less outrageous, tbh...

If only there was a good guy with a gun in that apartment... oh wait...

Isitjustme?
09-10-2018, 04:55 AM
She was scared, confused, tired, a police officer, American and Texan... he was black and not even American-born...

Sadly, I'm gonna go with the prosecutor going lightly here, she's discharged from the force, pleads guilty to manslaughter for probation and a couple million for the dude's family (taxpayer money, who cares, amirite?)...

Hopefully we don't have to hear how she was a great neighbor, took her dogs to walk every day, fed the homeless so it sounds a bit less outrageous, tbh...

lol

Trill Clinton
09-10-2018, 06:12 AM

prolific posting

boutons_deux
09-10-2018, 06:22 AM
"we don't have to hear how she was a great neighbor, took her dogs to walk every day, fed the homeless so it sounds a bit less outrageous"

... we probably will hear her lawyers slandering the guy as a really bad black dude (so deserved execution w/o indictment and trial)

pgardn
09-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Actually I read somewhere that she might have been assigned to a more elite unit. She was in very good shape and apparently trusted. So... yeah... not good.

I read it at some off beat gossip site when you dig a bit more.

pgardn
09-10-2018, 10:18 AM
"we don't have to hear how she was a great neighbor, took her dogs to walk every day, fed the homeless so it sounds a bit less outrageous"

... we probably will hear her lawyers slandering the guy as a really bad black dude (so deserved execution w/o indictment and trial)

No you won’t.
He was a dreaded Christian type who sang in the choir.
So go with your Christian Taliban angle, terrorist stuff... Counselor Elite.

pgardn
09-10-2018, 10:20 AM

Actually that is how HE has been portrayed.
Very nice church guy who everyone liked. I don’t doubt it.

Blake
09-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Women have no business carrying a gun around in any situation.

Yeah we all got that you're misogynistic the first time

pgardn
09-10-2018, 10:42 AM
So what exactly are you trying to argue here?

That boots has got the wrong party in the incident as a wonderful person.
And Christians are bad. The dead guy is Christian. Boots rethinking his lawyering.

Just stick to asking people to off themselves.

baseline bum
09-10-2018, 10:43 AM

Too bad the bad guy didn't have a gun to stop the good guy with a gun.

Blake
09-10-2018, 10:49 AM

He should have used his car to stop her

pgardn
09-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Always felt comfortable living in the same area as a cop .... being white boy.
But Cops have guns. People make mistakes. Very few do overs on mistakes involving guns.
Neighbors shooting neighbors is not exactly an odd thing in Texas.

Honor thy neighbor takes some thinking. Honor but beware

pgardn
09-10-2018, 11:08 AM

Can you imagine the shit show if he was carrying ?

Neighbors hitting the floor in their apartment trying to avoid Lead.
Might have resembled a Waco biker conference if we get creative.

monosylab1k
09-10-2018, 11:54 AM
So what exactly are you trying to argue here?

He’s got no point, he’s just volume posting bullshit until he stumbles across something he thinks sounds deep.

pgardn
09-10-2018, 12:24 PM
He’s got no point, he’s just volume posting bullshit until he stumbles across something he thinks sounds deep.

Deep...

Its about boots ya knee jerk fuckwit.

boutons_deux
09-10-2018, 12:30 PM

shooting unarmed blacks in the national protocol for all police, in a sense, pre-meditated shooting. BLM, Take A Knee

Fabbs
09-10-2018, 12:30 PM
This what she is looking at min and max? (so far)

<Manslaughter in Texas is generally a felony of the second degree. This offense can result in a prison sentence from 2 to 20 years and/or fines up to $10,000. Criminally negligent homicide is generally a Texas jail felony.>

Wait a minute. The minimum can be NO time even if found guilty?

spurraider21
09-10-2018, 12:31 PM

maybe the children were carrying quantum physics textbooks

spurraider21
09-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Murder calls for premeditation. It will be awhile, if ever, for that case to be made. Homicide seems the most likely upgrade.
if im not mistaken, texas has "capital murder" (their version of first degree murder), "murder" (second degree), and manslaughter.

never heard of "homicide" being a charge... as that refers to the general act of a human killing another, regardless of legality. capital murder, murder, manslaughter, negligent homicide would be the potential charges for a homicide

manslaughter would be a slam dunk charge here, but they should push for murder. walking into the wrong apartment is such an unreasonable excuse... wtf jury would ever buy that? and then immediately shooting as a response? its bullshit. probably not capital murder as there was no premeditation or anything (as far as we know, that can be proven)... the only realistic avenue to capital murder was if they say she was in the process of completing a felony like a burglary.

Blake
09-10-2018, 12:37 PM

<Manslaughter in Texas is generally a felony of the second degree. This offense can result in a prison sentence from 2 to 20 years and/or fines up to $10,000. Criminally negligent homicide is generally a Texas jail felony.>

Wait a minute. The minimum can be NO time even if found guilty?

Where does it say "no time" in the penal code?

TeyshaBlue
09-10-2018, 12:39 PM
if im not mistaken, texas has "capital murder" (their version of first degree murder), "murder" (second degree), and manslaughter.

never heard of "homicide" being a charge... as that refers to the general act of a human killing another, regardless of legality. capital murder, murder, manslaughter, negligent homicide would be the potential charges for a homicide

manslaughter would be a slam dunk charge here, but they should push for murder. walking into the wrong apartment is such an unreasonable excuse... wtf jury would ever buy that? and then immediately shooting as a response? its bullshit. probably not capital murder as there was no premeditation or anything (as far as we know, that can be proven)... the only realistic avenue to capital murder was if they say she was in the process of completing a felony like a burglary.

Yeah, my bad. Conflated with 2nd degree murder.
:tu

boutons_deux
09-10-2018, 01:03 PM
I'm sure racist JeBo didn't have in mind, when "guiding" prosecutors nation-wide to go always for maximum sentences, with a dog-whistle to judges, the sentencing of white cops killing unarmed blacks.

monosylab1k
09-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Deep...

Its about boots ya knee jerk fuckwit.

That’s even more stupid.

Spurminator
09-10-2018, 01:22 PM

Pretty much a no win situation for the poor guy. Imagine if he did have a gun and he shot a cop, even one who drew on him.

His life was over the minute she tried to get in his door.

monosylab1k
09-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Pretty much a no win situation for the poor guy. Imagine if he did have a gun and he shot a cop, even one who drew on him.

Blake
09-10-2018, 02:34 PM

I wonder how long it would have taken for him to get arrested after shooting a cop in his own home. .....screaming castle doctrine all the way to the station

TeyshaBlue
09-10-2018, 02:57 PM

:cry schitck :cry

pgardn
09-10-2018, 07:03 PM
That’s even more stupid.

Fuckwit assessment....

*crinkle trash*

monosylab1k
09-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Fuckwit assessment....

*crinkle trash*

:lmao cry about it some more, faggot

Joseph Kony
09-10-2018, 07:52 PM
maybe the children were carrying quantum physics textbooks

sick MIB reference tbh

Winehole23
09-10-2018, 09:01 PM
An investigator says a Dallas police officer who shot and killed her neighbor after mistaking his apartment for her own said that when she inserted her key in his door, it opened because it had been slightly ajar.

David Armstrong of the Texas Rangers wrote in an arrest affidavit released Monday that Officer Amber Guyger said it was nearly completely dark inside the apartment when she entered it Thursday night and she thought she was encountering a burglar in her home.

He says Guyger said the person ignored her verbal commands and she fired twice. One struck Jean in the chest and he later died.

The affidavit says Guyger was on the phone with 911 reporting the shooting when she turned on the apartment lights and discovered she was in the wrong apartment.
https://apnews.com/25044e46567e4f6591d5c30a612cc64a

Winehole23
09-10-2018, 09:05 PM
it was victim's fault for not complying with verbal demands while being held at gunpoint in his own "completely dark" home by an unknown intruder

monosylab1k
09-10-2018, 09:06 PM
https://apnews.com/25044e46567e4f6591d5c30a612cc64a

Texas Rangers brought in to buy enough time to fabricate this retarded story :lmao it’s not actually funny, it’s fucking horrible.

Blake
09-10-2018, 09:17 PM
it was victim's fault for not complying with verbal demands while being held at gunpoint in his own "completely dark" home by an unknown intruder

And because turning and fleeing is not an option for the officer

monosylab1k
09-10-2018, 09:20 PM
When those toxicology tests come back clean, we’ll know for sure that the fix is in. That story is utter bullshit unless she was drunk as hell, and even then it’s only barely believable.

Fabbs
09-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Ya and I thought I read elsewhere that some lights in Jeans apt were on.
Pretty fishy the "door adjar" too.

Update. Oh ok
Officer Amber Guyger said it was nearly completely dark
:spin

ElNono
09-11-2018, 12:43 AM
tbh, I'm being cynical about this incident because we've seen it play out many times. I'm not arguing that it wasn't an accident, could've been.

You could see this playing out again from a mile away when it took almost two days to hand over the case to the Rangers, and then almost another day to actually get and execute the warrant.

We're talking about a flat out murderer, that gets a double standard because she is LE. If any of us here would've done the same thing, accident or not, you would've seen the cuffs and a judge before this lady has seen the warrant.

And the prosecutor would've probably thrown the book at you.

boutons_deux
09-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Imagine if black guy opened the wrong door and, "honest mistake", shot a white person.

How different would the treatment be?

FrostKing
09-11-2018, 01:35 AM
Imagine if black guy opened the wrong door and, "honest mistake", shot a white person.

How different would the treatment be?
Black female cop shooting a white male?

Even less coverage than currently occurring

baseline bum
09-11-2018, 06:46 AM
Texas Rangers brought in to buy enough time to fabricate this retarded story :lmao it’s not actually funny, it’s fucking horrible.

Wow who could have seen that coming? Botham Jean would get the needle if he was the shooter, can't wait to see white girl Amber get probation.

pgardn
09-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Surely your dumb ass is not asserting that there isn’t absolute truth to the idea black people have a different experience with the police than white people do.

See post #157.

Then tell me to die in a horrible way.

pgardn
09-11-2018, 06:59 AM
:lmao cry about it some more, faggot

Oh my word...

Winehole23
09-11-2018, 08:59 AM
You could see this playing out again from a mile away when it took almost two days to hand over the case to the Rangers, and then almost another day to actually get and execute the warrant.yep. time to get advice and concoct a credible story.

Quadzilla99
09-11-2018, 11:44 AM

boutons_deux
09-11-2018, 11:54 AM

I don't hang wid CPAC assholes, is this ChupaChopra being sarcastic or not?

Trill Clinton
09-11-2018, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1039247870363422725?s=19

Let this be a lesson to my fellow home owners. When an intruder is entering our home, follow their instructions.

Spurminator
09-11-2018, 12:33 PM
I think the headlines are painting a somewhat misleading implication on this. The affidavit mentions verbal commands as a statement of fact, not necessarily as a justification of the officer's actions or an indictment of the victim. In other words, I don't think anyone's saying he should have followed her orders.

With that said, the affidavit doesn't go into nearly enough detail about what commands she gave or how she gave them. This incident may have been an unintentional tragedy at best, but it still speaks to how officers are trained to be frantic and trigger-happy when they feel any personal risk. When you bark orders at someone while pointing a gun at them, it's unreasonable to expect calm and immediate cooperation.

FrostKing
09-11-2018, 12:40 PM
I don't understand "broke into home"?

spurraider21
09-11-2018, 12:44 PM
she went into somebody else's home

boutons_deux
09-11-2018, 12:55 PM
he said / she said

he said? oops

"she said" will be fabricated to exonerate her.

Thanos
09-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Don’t be purposely obtuse.

Spurs Homer
09-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Conflicting info in that AP story.

Officer statement says, "When she put her key in the apartment door, which was unlocked and slightly ajar, it opened"

That is weird. An officer notices - what she thinks is her own door ajar- but uses the key?
She says she noticed a large figure in "her" apartment - so she thinks it is a burglar and gives commands which he ignores so she shoots and kills.
When she calls 9-1-1 to report it they ask for location - she looks at door and realizes she fucked up.

She obviously fucked up and then panicked. Gonna be at least Manslaughter.

DMC
09-11-2018, 01:57 PM

I never knew homicide was a charge. All deaths caused by another person are homicides. I think voluntary manslaughter will be the charge that sticks - she killed him intentionally but in the heat of the moment, meaning she was in the wrong but didn't register it same as someone who loses their cool. She lacked situational awareness and so she mistakenly thought she had the right to use lethal force. It's no different than me shooting someone in a store because I thought they were robbing it when they were just buying lottery tickets.

tlongII
09-11-2018, 02:19 PM
I would think this deserves a charge of negligent homicide.

boutons_deux
09-11-2018, 02:25 PM
We'll never know the truth,

with the cop's word being the only in-person account,

then massaged heavily by LE in favor of the cop, while very probably digging up dirt on the black guy to justify his execution,

iow, the Freddie Gray / Eric Garner / Michael Brown treatment.

SpursforSix
09-11-2018, 02:28 PM
We'll never know the truth,

with the cop's word being the only in-person account,

then massaged heavily by LE in favor of the cop, while very probably digging up dirt on the black guy to justify his execution, iow, the Freddie Gray / Eric Garner / Michael Brown treatment.

Maybe a couple of other accounts. We'll see if credible.

One attorney, Lee Merritt, said two independent witnesses had come forward to say they heard knocking on the door in the hallway before the shooting. Merritt said one witness reported hearing a woman's voice saying, "Let me in, let me in." Then they heard gunshots, he said.

After the gunshots, one of the witnesses reported hearing what she thought was a man's voice saying, "Oh my God, why did you do that," Merritt said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-police/2018/09/10/affidavit-amber-guyger-says-saw-silhouette-heading-dark-apartment-shot-silhouette-after-commands-ignored

Blake
09-11-2018, 03:19 PM
I think the headlines are painting a somewhat misleading implication on this. The affidavit mentions verbal commands as a statement of fact, not necessarily as a justification of the officer's actions or an indictment of the victim. In other words, I don't think anyone's saying he should have followed her orders.

With that said, the affidavit doesn't go into nearly enough detail about what commands she gave or how she gave them. This incident may have been an unintentional tragedy at best, but it still speaks to how officers are trained to be frantic and trigger-happy when they feel any personal risk. When you bark orders at someone while pointing a gun at them, it's unreasonable to expect calm and immediate cooperation.

It's unreasonable to expect her to leave and call 9/11.

Because she's a cop I guess

Blake
09-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Spurminator
09-11-2018, 03:26 PM
It's unreasonable to expect her to leave and call 9/11.

Because she's a cop I guess

I don't think anyone said that either.

DMC
09-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Maybe a couple of other accounts. We'll see if credible.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-police/2018/09/10/affidavit-amber-guyger-says-saw-silhouette-heading-dark-apartment-shot-silhouette-after-commands-ignored

Did she say "little pig, little pig" though?

Fabbs
09-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Where does it say "no time" in the penal code?

I googled and Texas Manslaughter Laws on top says:

Originally Posted by Fabbs

"or fines up to $10,000."

DMC
09-11-2018, 04:09 PM
I googled and Texas Manslaughter Laws on top says:

Originally Posted by Fabbs

"or fines up to $10,000."

Of course. There are different levels of manslaughter, voluntary and involuntary. She cannot use self defense as an excuse when she wasn't in danger, and "perceived danger" is going to be really hard to prove when she could have simply walked back out.

Fabbs
09-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Of course. There are different levels of manslaughter, voluntary and involuntary. She cannot use self defense as an excuse when she wasn't in danger, and "perceived danger" is going to be really hard to prove when she could have simply walked back out.
Oh pretty sure we can expect some super serious b.s. from her defense liarwyers. Which will no doubt include the get-out-of-jail *I feared for my life* card. Which is certainly legit in some cases. Hers? TFO from everything known so far.

Blake
09-11-2018, 04:19 PM
I don't think anyone said that either.

I'm saying it. With much sarcasm.

Blake
09-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Oh pretty sure we can expect some super serious b.s. from her defense liarwyers. Which will no doubt include the get-out-of-jail *I feared for my life* card. Which is certainly legit in some cases. Hers? TFO from everything known so far.

If we go on the info given, I don't see how she doesn't get jail time at this point.

pgardn
09-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Voluntary manslaughter.

More details needed. They did have words so the only possibility of her getting off in my mind is out now.
If she realized she was in the wrong apartment before shooting... she really done. Don’t know how that is proven, but seeing how long this is taking... maybe more to come.

It is interesting how how this poor guy being really a decent fellow changes so much. One arrest for drunk and disorderly and this really gets spun.

boutons_deux
09-11-2018, 05:17 PM
If we go on the info given, I don't see how she doesn't get jail time at this point.

the PD, Tex Rangers, DA, prosecutors are surely working their asses off to protect her from anything worse than suspension for a couple months, desk job. Blue Wall

Fabbs
09-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Oh I agree but, unless some drastic TRUE info comes out, don't you agree that anything less then 10 years is outrageous?
And I don't mean 10 out in 3 for blowing the guards and DA.

SpursforSix
09-11-2018, 05:53 PM
the PD, Tex Rangers, DA, prosecutors are surely working their asses off to protect her from anything worse than suspension for a couple months, desk job. Blue Wall

Bullshit. This one gives them an easy opportunity to bury one of their own.
As I’ve said, if she really did come off a 15 hour shift, they’re going to want all the attention on the cop and it being 100% in her. As opposed to the media focusing on the practices of the police dept.
She’s on her own.

DMC
09-11-2018, 07:18 PM
This is some Tom Selleck level shit. If dude lived, he'd be in prison for the amount of coke and burner handgun near his person.

ElNono
09-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Sentencing guidelines are just that, guidelines. If the prosecutor offers a guilty plea for time served and probation, the judge is the only person that could oppose that deal, and in most cases they don't.

So it's about how fierce is the prosecutor in the case as far as doing what he would do with any other citizen, which would be to throw the book at them.

ElNono
09-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Bullshit. This one gives them an easy opportunity to bury one of their own.
As I’ve said, if she really did come off a 15 hour shift, they’re going to want all the attention on the cop and it being 100% in her. As opposed to the media focusing on the practices of the police dept.
She’s on her own.

That's not how the police fraternity works, tbh... then you would have every cop looking over their shoulders, since they could be next...

SpursforSix
09-11-2018, 07:48 PM
That's not how the police fraternity works, tbh... then you would have every cop looking over their shoulders, since they could be next...

We’ll see. This one seems like an easy call.
In other circumstances, they can usually point to the victim being a bad guy and find something to dig in on.
I don’t see it here.

Spurs Homer
09-11-2018, 08:17 PM

Involuntary - probably not gonna qualify for that one.
Voluntary (or just plain Manslaughter) -yup she seems to at least be guilty of this.

If there is a lawyer in the house you can correct me - but Involuntary -would be if you were just driving in your car and a child jumped in front of your car and through no fault of your own, you killed the child.
That would be Involuntary.

Say you were drinking and texting and getting a BJ and then killed the child - probably Voluntary Manslaughter.

Depending on her defense, she could plead guilty and just admit she fucked up, had been awake for 30 hours straight of forced OT, her dog had just died, says she feels horrible and throws herself at the mercy of the court.
Then maybe involuntary manslaughter.

Or

Maybe she lies, makes up a bullshit story, says the scary black guy assaulted her, etc...
Then she might get murder. Highly doubtful though.

DMC
09-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Involuntary - probably not gonna qualify for that one.
Voluntary (or just plain Manslaughter) -yup she seems to at least be guilty of this.

If there is a lawyer in the house you can correct me - but Involuntary -would be if you were just driving in your car and a child jumped in front of your car and through no fault of your own, you killed the child.
That would be Involuntary.

Say you were drinking and texting and getting a BJ and then killed the child - probably Voluntary Manslaughter.

Depending on her defense, she could plead guilty and just admit she fucked up, had been awake for 30 hours straight of forced OT, her dog had just died, says she feels horrible and throws herself at the mercy of the court.
Then maybe involuntary manslaughter.

Or

Maybe she lies, makes up a bullshit story, says the scary black guy assaulted her, etc...
Then she might get murder. Highly doubtful though.
Involuntary manslaughter usually includes negligence. What you described is simply an unfortunate accident where no charges would likely be filed. So if the person was driving recklessly and hit a child on a sidewalk, that's involuntary manslaughter. Same if the driver was intoxicated or in the commission of a felony (I think).

Not every death caused by another is manslaughter.

Spurs Homer
09-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Involuntary manslaughter usually includes negligence. What you described is simply an unfortunate accident where no charges would likely be filed. So if the person was driving recklessly and hit a child on a sidewalk, that's involuntary manslaughter. Same if the driver was intoxicated or in the commission of a felony (I think).

Not every death caused by another is manslaughter.

I think you are correct, I might have been thinking of someone who did not mean to run someone over - but had alcohol on his breath. Say the child ran into the street - you are correct - just unfortunate. However, if you had drank two drinks before taking the wheel, even if it was not your fault-the alcohol could change things and you might be charged with involuntary.

Quadzilla99
09-13-2018, 04:26 PM
I don't hang wid CPAC assholes, is this ChupaChopra being sarcastic or not?

Are you retarded?

Trill Clinton
09-13-2018, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1040361795519541249

smear campaign in full effect

boutons_deux
09-13-2018, 07:10 PM
https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1040361795519541249

smear campaign in full effect

yep, automatic, so he was a scumbag fully deserving of execution by off-duty cop who did't know Where TF she was

just like tamir rice, freddy grey, eric garner, michael brown, trayvon martin, all black scumbags deserving to die, according to cops, DAs, prosecutors

BLM, Take A Knee, and let's see WTF NFL does about it

Fabbs
09-13-2018, 07:25 PM
An attorney for Jean’s family, Lee Merritt, has said two independent witnesses had come forward to say they heard knocking on the door in the hallway before the shooting. Merritt said one witness reported hearing a woman's voice saying, "Let me in, let me in." Then they heard gunshots, he said.