PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick and Lou Saban have won......

Avante
09-07-2018, 05:24 PM
....how many Championships? And played in how many Championship games?

Why is it we need to change things every 4/8 years when it comes to our President? If it's working why fuck it up? What business does that?

I love ya honey and we had some great times but, your 8 years is up.

We get a guy doing a great job, keep him, makes total sense.

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 05:27 PM
people got scared when FDR won a third term, wouldn't you have been?

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 05:29 PM
"Because sports!"

Avante
09-07-2018, 05:39 PM
people got scared when FDR won a third term, wouldn't you have been?

What successful company dumps all it's leaders every 4/8 years? Why are so many of our military leaders old men with a ton of experience?

Experience.....is the key to everything. Why never let our main man gain that much needed expereince? How dumb is....ya better figure it out in four years or we'll dump your ass....huh?

If we as a nation are happy with how things are going then why change anything?

Never use one example, it doesn't matter what happened with FDR.

Avante
09-07-2018, 05:41 PM
"Because sports!"

Dude, work with me here.

What school/franchise would get rid of a guy doing a great job, ok? That really had to be explained?

vy65
09-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Because the most important political position in the world is analogous to a sports coach...

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Mexico has a better system. You have 6 years to steal all you can, then you are out. No running for reelection.

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Consider the case of Rick Perry, who was governor long enough to fill nearly every state appointment and became, arguably, the most powerful governor in Texas history.

Because he was good? Perhaps.

it's also plausible that RP kept getting reelected because he was a Republican incumbent in a deep red state with no term limits.

I personally think that RP is a case of a mediocre (at best) guv who stayed on way too long because he wasn't term-limited.

So that sword can cut at least two ways.

Avante
09-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Because the most important political position in the world is analogous to a sports coach...

Longevity at the top/experience was the point, I did assume that was pretty obvious if ya possess common sense.

We never give our president enought time, and that should be real obvious. Yet when it comes to everything else.....ya need five years experience for that job, three years experience for this job.

Do you take your car to Tom's Auto Repairs, who is just starting out or Joes Garage who worked on your dads car?

Let a President stay in business unless we need a change, yep...just like everything else.

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Longevity at the top/experience was the point, I did assume that was pretty obvious if ya possess common sense.

You act like longevity in DC is a good thing.

spurraider21
09-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Mexico has a better system. You have 6 years to steal all you can, then you are out. No running for reelection.
tbh the prospect of re-election is the main form of accountability for a sitting president. otherwise they'd have "more flexibility"

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Pelosi is a great example. She is basically drooling in public and talking gibberish but will be the next Speaker of the House.

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 05:55 PM
if we ever did have a tyrant in charge, term limits would be an initial curb.

in DJT's case, he'd be 78 at the end of his second term. hard to imagine people would vote for a 78 year old Trump, even if it were allowed.

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 05:56 PM
so, a vote for a third Trump term would be out of the question, but maybe he could call a plebiscite...

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Dude, work with me here.

What school/franchise would get rid of a guy doing a great job, ok? That really had to be explained?The US is not a school/franchise, OK? That really had to be explained?

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 05:58 PM
if we ever did have a tyrant in charge, term limits would be an initial curb.

in DJT's case, he'd be 78 at the end of his second term. hard to imagine people would vote for a 78 year old Trump, even if it were allowed.
Yet Biden is the current favorite to win the democratic nomination...at 78.

Avante
09-07-2018, 05:59 PM
You act like longevity in DC is a good thing.

When is inexperience better?

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:00 PM
When is inexperience better?

I admit it has sucked with Trump, but hopefully he is an abberation.

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Yett Biden is the current favorite to win the democratic nomination...at 78.Dems will always find a way to lose. Nominating Biden would be a good one.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:01 PM
The US is not a school/franchise, OK? That really had to be explained?

What about how to be successful don't you understand?

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:01 PM
What about how to be successful don't you understand?The US is successful. What about that do you not understand?

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 06:02 PM
I admit it has sucked with Trump, but hopefully he is an abberation.Nonsense, by now Trump is the typical Republican and the GOP is his party. Bona fides is judged by the degree of resemblance to, and support of, DJT. Expect plenty more where it came from.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:04 PM
Every four years our governors get together and decide if things are cool or not, if they are then just keep on keeping on. If not then there will be talk of making a change.

I would go with age being a factor. Nobody over what....60?

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:05 PM
I admit it has sucked with Trump, but hopefully he is an abberation.We were super, I mean insanely lucky that Truman turned out to be as competent as he did. Of course he actually understood the gravity of his situation. It's just another reality show grift for Trump.

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:06 PM
Every four years our governors get together and decide if things are cool or not, if they are then just keep on keeping on. If not then there will be talk of making a change.

I would go with age being a factor. Nobody over what....60?:lol

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:06 PM
The US is successful. What about that do you not understand?

As are Belichick, Saban, why?

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:08 PM
:lol

Widen those horizons, extend those perimeters.

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:09 PM
As are Belichick, Saban, why?They're coaches.

Not presidents.

The US is not a football team.

What about that do you not understand?

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Widen those horizons, extend those perimeters.No need. Your idea is stupid.

"Because sports!" :rollin

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:11 PM

I would go with age being a factor. Nobody over what....60?

Avante, you crack me up. You just fired Belicheck and Saban. Pick a lane.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:12 PM
They're coaches.

Not presidents.

The US is not a football team.

What about that do you not understand?

Pavlov, why do you struggle so badly with everything? Dude, this isn't about football guy, it's about giving your leader time....ok dummy? You really needed that broke down for ya?

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Pavlov, why do you struggle so badly with everything? Dude, this isn't about football guy, it's about giving your leader time....ok dummy?You made the football analogy....OK dummy? You really need that broken down for you?

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:14 PM
And Saban and Belichick are both over 60. Avante, do you want experience or an age limit? Pick a lane.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Obama was head and shoulders over anyone trying to replace him. And that was very obvious, so because of simple stupidity he had to go. Now look at what we have a 100% moron. We'd been far better off keeping Obama.

Keeping him as long as we were happy with him.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:18 PM
You made the football analogy....OK dummy? You really need that broken down for you?

Dummy....he swims like a fish....is not about a fish, ok guy?

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:20 PM
And Saban and Belichick are both over 60. Avante, do you want experience or an age limit? Pick a lane.

See the...? Some age limit, what 70?

Pavlov
I'd be less supportive of the presidential term limit were it not for the five decade trend toward a unitary executive.

That's why your idea is stupid, Avante.

CosmicCowboy
Obama was head and shoulders over anyone trying to replace him. And that was very obvious, so because of simple stupidity he had to go. Now look at what we have a 100% moron. We'd been far better off keeping Obama.

Keeping him as long as we were happy with him.
Kinda like those underage hookers? Me make you happy happy bigtime?

Winehole23
Yet Biden is the current favorite to win the democratic nomination...at 78.People don't age physically and mentally at the same rate. Trump comes off as borderline senile. Biden is more or less the same jackass he always was.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:23 PM
I'd be less supportive of the presidential term limit were it not for the five decade trend toward a unitary executive.

That's why your idea is stupid, Avante.

I disagree, it makes total sense, and it should have always been that way.

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:24 PM
People don't age physically and mentally at the same rate. Trump comes off as borderline senile. Biden is more or less the same jackass he always was.
Meh. Trump has been a narcissistic asshole for years. Its not senility.

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:24 PM
I disagree, it makes total sense, and it should have always been that way.:lol you don't even know what unitary executive means.

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Kinda like those underage hookers? Me make you happy happy bigtime?

Why not make a thread about that, sound good?

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:28 PM
:lol you don't even know what unitary executive means.

Dude, that coming from a guy too stupid to figure out this wasn't a football thread, hajhaha~~~

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:28 PM
I agree with Chump on this one. Congress has voluntarily abdicated power to the executive for years. Doing nothing makes it easier to get elected than doing something.

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Why not make a thread about that, sound good?

You already did.

Winehole23
09-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Meh. Trump has been a narcissistic asshole for years. Its not senility.Disagree. He looked like a confused old man next to Putin in Helsinki.

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Dude, that coming from a guy too stupid to figure out this wasn't a football thread, hajhaha~~~I know it's not a football thread.

You made an incredibly stupid football analogy.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:33 PM
You already did.

Do we really have to play this stupid shit guy, really? Come on man, act like an adult, alright?

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:35 PM
I know it's not a football thread.

You made an incredibly stupid football analogy.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Pavlov, you're simply too damn stupid to bother with.

vy65
09-07-2018, 06:36 PM

We never give our president enought time, and that should be real obvious. Yet when it comes to everything else.....ya need five years experience for that job, three years experience for this job.

Do you take your car to Tom's Auto Repairs, who is just starting out or Joes Garage who worked on your dads car?

Let a President stay in business unless we need a change, yep...just like everything else.

Sweet. You know fuck all about American history.

Lol presidential car mechanic

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Disagree. He looked like a confused old man next to Putin in Helsinki.

Yes he did and he is an embarrashment.

Pavlov
09-07-2018, 06:39 PM

Lol presidential car mechanicThat's Coach President Car Mechanic!

Avante
09-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Lol presidential car mechanic

Common sense my man, experience vs inexperience. That wasn't real obvious?

The most important job we have, the hell with any experience, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

vy65
09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
That's Coach President Car Mechanic!

Lol

vy65
09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Common sense my man, experience vs inexperience. That wasn't real obvious?

The most important job we have, the hell with any experience, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Experience didn’t help those teenagers back in Saigon, did it?

Avante
09-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Experience didn’t help those teenagers back in Saigon, did it?

You tell me, Saigon????

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Didnt hitler get a third term? How did that work out? He had plenty of experience by then.

Avante
09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
If we had been keeping our Presidents as long as we as a nation were happy with them things would be so much better and if anyone came up with.......how about just 4 year terms? It would be.....shut the fuck up.

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 07:09 PM
You must love China. Looks like that dude is in charge for life.

Avante
09-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Didnt hitler get a third term? How did that work out? He had plenty of experience by then.

Are you telling me it's better to lack experience?

What job would that be?

CosmicCowboy
09-07-2018, 07:10 PM
If we had been keeping our Presidents as long as we as a nation were happy with them things would be so much better and if anyone came up with.......how about just 4 year terms? It would be.....shut the fuck up.

Germany was happy with Hitler. How did that work out?

Avante
09-08-2018, 12:00 AM
Germany was happy with Hitler. How did that work out?

You sure Germany was happy with Hitler?