PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Grant Hill is the greatest USA small forward since Bird

FrostKing
09-08-2018, 03:00 AM
- College 3x Title Game
- NBA figure head: Sprite, FILA and Detroit Post-Bad Boys
- Injuries, blown contracts, no playoffs
- leader, defender, 6th man

Grant Hill is the most well rounded and mentally stable player I've ever seen in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbavu2Al-ME

Killakobe81
09-08-2018, 06:55 AM
One of the few Dookies I genuinely liked.
If injuries hadn't derailed him maybe you are right, but no he is not.

Spurtacular
09-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Over-rated.

baseline bum
09-08-2018, 07:24 AM

Hill was never close to LeBron. It's not like his career was cut down before his prime considering he got hurt at the end of the season when he was 27. I think Hill is one of the most overrated players in league history. He was athletic and sold a lot of Sprite but he never led the Pistons anywhere. I'd never put him in that first tier of stars of the era, eg Jordan, O'Neal, Duncan, Olajuwon, and Malone.

LkrFan
09-08-2018, 08:55 AM

This. Grant used to give it to Prime Jordan. It's a shame what happened to his ankle, etc. that robbed him of an even better career...and he still made the HOF. He was a badass.

That's why I don't blame KiwiPERIOD. No matter what these farmers say upstairs.

TDMVPDPOY
09-08-2018, 10:35 AM
he was a over glorified pippen or mean to be the next jordan during the 90s, yet all them wannabe mike guys were scrubs

lefty
09-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Prime Grant Hill was unstoppable tbh

Except that when he slipped in crunch time vs Miami, that was funny tbh :lol

spurraider21
09-08-2018, 10:57 AM
https://i.gifer.com/RWvi.gif

Proxy
09-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Good to know Manu is better than the greatest sf since Bird then

ambchang
09-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Grant hill was Pippen with better O. Or a tmac with D.

Too bad about his ankle.

But he’s no where close to Lebron and still wouldn’t be without the injuries.

Killakobe81
09-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Hill was never close to LeBron. It's not like his career was cut down before his prime considering he got hurt at the end of the season when he was 27. I think Hill is one of the most overrated players in league history. He was athletic and sold a lot of Sprite but he never led the Pistons anywhere. I'd never put him in that first tier of stars of the era, eg Jordan, O'Neal, Duncan, Olajuwon, and Malone.

MAYBE he was but it was unclear to me if he meant like Team USA SF because it was worded weird.
And of course Grant is not close to as dominant as Bron but... But if you are looking for the closest comparison to Bron, even over Magic it was Grant.
I consider him a poor man's (maybe even homeless) Bron or a rich man's Pippen (offensively). Either way a great player... But I'll be honest, due to injury if he didn't have the Duke years on his resume I might argue he is a borderline HOFer at best, but I'm stingy that way. I wasn't sure of Tmac either due to injury and he didn't have college to point too
Both were beasts when healthy... But why is Cwebb not in if these two are sure fire HOF guys?