PDA

View Full Version : 18-1 Reloaded

Monostradamus
09-17-2018, 03:25 PM
5th round pick for Josh Gordon :fro

johnsmith
09-17-2018, 03:26 PM
No question Gordon has a pro bowl year now.

Clipper Nation
09-17-2018, 03:48 PM
So now that he's quit on the Browns, is he actually going to play football or just be the receiver version of Albert Haynesworth?

Will Hunting
09-17-2018, 03:50 PM
the receiver version of Albert Haynesworth?
You probably forget because of how bad he was, but that would be Chad Ochocinco :lol, it was even the same year they had Haynesworth.

Will Hunting
09-17-2018, 03:53 PM
This trade definitely gets what they need at receiver, still need to address the shitty oline / shitty secondary with Malcolm Butler gone.

Monostradamus
09-17-2018, 03:54 PM
This trade definitely gets what they need at receiver, still need to address the shitty oline / shitty secondary with Malcolm Butler gone.
And the shitty linebackers aside from Hightower.

Hopefully this means we never see another Cordarelle Patterson sweep for a 2 yard gain.

Monostradamus
09-17-2018, 03:57 PM
They probably ran all these Patterson trick plays in practice to great results, but forgot that most NFL defenses aren’t full of the the unathletic dipshits that NE has.

Will Hunting
09-17-2018, 03:58 PM
And the shitty linebackers aside from Hightower.
At some point I accepted the fact (probably around when Jamie Collins was traded....if not him then Chandler Jones) that Belichick has bought into the hype around his ability to “coach em up” and has decided he doesn’t need to invest in talent at linebacker or defensive end.

spurraider21
09-17-2018, 04:00 PM
surprised this wasn't started by boston pancake talkin about how great tommy o-brady is gonna do

spurraider21
09-17-2018, 04:02 PM
david boston tbh

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2018, 04:05 PM
lol browns. ramsay vs gordon will be interesting

JoeTait75
09-17-2018, 07:35 PM
This trade definitely gets what they need at receiver

Josh Gordon has played 11 games in the last three-plus seasons. If he can get on the field and stay there, good for the Pats. But I wouldn't count on him just yet.

Monostradamus
09-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Josh Gordon has played 11 games in the last three-plus seasons. If he can get on the field and stay there, good for the Pats. But I wouldn't count on him just yet.
Yeah, this is far from a slam dunk like the Moss trade. It’s exciting because of the potential, but it’s more likely to fail than it is to succeed.

Will Hunting
09-17-2018, 11:05 PM
I should have clarified that I don’t think they needed much at receiver. With Gronk/Edelman/Hogan they just need one threat on the outside that can take what’s given to him, not saying he needs to play at a pro bowl level.

Silver&Black
09-17-2018, 11:16 PM
:tu Nice pickup

Looks like we'll be playing you guys in the Super Bowl.

Trainwreck2100
09-17-2018, 11:17 PM

implying goodell hasn't decided to just not drug test him now

Will Hunting
09-18-2018, 06:26 AM
implying goodell hasn't decided to just not drug test him now
You mean like how he didn’t drug test Edelman...?

Trainwreck2100
09-18-2018, 07:44 AM
You mean like how he didn’t drug test Edelman...?

playing the long game

JoeTait75
09-21-2018, 11:04 PM
I should have clarified that I don’t think they needed much at receiver. With Gronk/Edelman/Hogan they just need one threat on the outside that can take what’s given to him, not saying he needs to play at a pro bowl level.

They just need him suited up and on the field. As long as he's out there he has to be accounted for even if he doesn't know WTF is going on.

Millennial_Messiah
09-23-2018, 11:34 AM
I don't believe Gordon really moves the needle. Brady needs good route runners all over the field to succeed (hence Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Welker, etc) and Gordon is a low awareness, low route running stud athlete. He might be an upgrade over Dorsett but neither is that great at doing what Brady wants.

Patriots made the deal because Belichick and Co. remember how Gordon went for over 200+ yards in Foxborough in 2013. Browns nearly won that game and should have, if not for a bogus onside kick at the very end and then a REALLY bogus interference in the endzone call that had the Kraft+Goodell love affair written all over it. And/or the refs had the Patriots in the spread and wanted to save face and money.