PDA

View Full Version : RIP Telltale

Cry Havoc
09-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Filed for bankruptcy today.

Reck
09-21-2018, 05:56 PM
I figured this would be the ultimate outcome for them. They never evolved with their games.

They were fun little narrative driven games that I just loved. I stopped playing their games eventually because it felt like I was playing the same games over and over.

I still haven't played season 3 of the Walking Dead yet. RIP I'll half miss them.

Chris
09-21-2018, 07:53 PM
I have a couple in my library on PS4 still untouched. I think they peaked with TWD, and were never able to replicate?

Trainwreck2100
09-21-2018, 08:01 PM
shitty games feel kida bad for the workers but their games were a one trick pony and they sucked so may that shitty genre of console "game" die with them.

Reck
09-21-2018, 08:16 PM
shitty games feel kida bad for the workers but their games were a one trick pony and they sucked so may that shitty genre of console "game" die with them.

:lol

They didn't suck. Most of their games won game of the year awards. Making good narrative games wasn't their problem.

baseline bum
09-21-2018, 09:16 PM
I always hated that genre so I won't miss them.

Xevious
09-22-2018, 01:33 AM
I enjoyed what few of their games I played. Basically just a "Choose Your Own Adventure" video game. But the format was rather limiting and never was must-play status.

Reck
09-22-2018, 11:29 AM
The story is a lot worse than initially thought.

Apparantly 200+ employees got fired with no warning in the same day. No severance pay and what's even worse is that games that are already ongoing won't finish.

The last season of the Walking dead which is 4 episodes won't finish so the game won't have a series finale.

I hope the latter is wrong information because that would be nuts. I am so glad I hadn't bought season 4 season pass yet. And won't.

lefty
09-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Not to mention the slave hours they had to put in

Trainwreck2100
09-22-2018, 11:56 PM
I expect some kickstarter to pop up promising the "spiritual successor" of any of their brands

Xevious
09-23-2018, 12:01 AM
The story is a lot worse than initially thought.

Apparantly 200+ employees got fired with no warning in the same day. No severance pay and what's even worse is that games that are already ongoing won't finish.

The last season of the Walking dead which is 4 episodes won't finish so the game won't have a series finale.

I hope the latter is wrong information because that would be nuts. I am so glad I hadn't bought season 4 season pass yet. And won't.
Wow that fucking sucks. :lol

I only played the first two seasons but always planned on finishing it someday.

Cry Havoc
09-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Wow that fucking sucks. :lol

I only played the first two seasons but always planned on finishing it someday.

Not sure as to the legality but it might get picked up by another company to finish.

Reck
09-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Not sure as to the legality but it might get picked up by another company to finish.

Holy shit, you changed your avatar. :lol