PDA

View Full Version : California attack on males

ElNono
10-01-2018, 11:34 AM
California Has a New Law: No More All-Male Boards

Companies headquartered in California can no longer have all-male boards. From a report:That's according to a new law, enacted Sunday, which requires publicly traded firms in the state to place at least one woman on their board of directors by the end of 2019 (https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/30/news/california-requires-women-board-of-directors/index.html) -- or face a penalty. It also requires companies with five directors to add two women by the end of 2021, and companies with six or more directors to add at least three more women by the end of the same year. It's the first such law on the books in the United States, though similar measures are common in European countries. The measure was passed by California's state legislature last month. And it was signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown on Sunday, along with a trove of other bills that look to "protect and support women, children and working families," the governor's office said in a release. A majority of companies in the S&P 500 have at least one woman on their boards, but only about a quarter have more than two, according to a study from PwC.

FrostKing
10-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Double speak

Gender focused affirmative action from the people attempting to abolish the concept of genders

RedStripe
10-01-2018, 11:54 AM
no woman no cry

Chris
10-01-2018, 03:22 PM
What if all the males identify as women? As long as the law cites the proper pronouns I'm ok with this :tu

Pavlov
10-01-2018, 03:27 PM
What if all the males identify as women?Then that will count as an all woman board.

Chris
10-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Then that will count as an all woman board.

Technically an all tranny board but I'm not splitting hairs. At least California is fighting for our nation's oppressed women and those who identify as oppressed women.

Pavlov
10-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Technically an all tranny board but I'm not splitting hairs.Yes you are splitting hairs.

You are also wrong.

Technically it would be an all-female board under the law.

DarrinS
10-01-2018, 04:34 PM
So, have them pick straws and the loser has to identify as female. Problem solved. :lol

hater
10-01-2018, 04:36 PM
They should add a jew and a priest to that law tbqh

DMC
10-01-2018, 05:10 PM
So, have them pick straws and the loser has to identify as female. Problem solved. :lol

Reck putting a resume together as we speak.

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:26 PM
California is a disgrace to the country.

Old: Discrimination is bad.
New: Government enforced discrimination is good.

:tu

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:28 PM
It's an attack on America.

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:31 PM
This idiocy happens because the left likes to pretend men and women are the same. So they moronically look at population portion and compare that to representation in "x" and then jump to the default conclusion of discrimination. Idiots.

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:34 PM
California officially backing child abuse and sexist discrimination in the last week.

Progressive:lmao

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:36 PM
In before Lakers are required have women on the roster.:lol

Spurminator
10-01-2018, 10:39 PM

Old: Discrimination is bad.
New: Government enforced discrimination is good.

It's an attack on America.

This idiocy happens because the left likes to pretend men and women are the same. So they moronically look at population portion and compare that to representation in "x" and then jump to the default conclusion of discrimination. Idiots.

Keep amping up the melodrama, something's bound to stick.

Spurminator
10-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Damn, two more before I could respond.

Keep going, you're doing great.

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:42 PM
If government enforced discrimination doesn't bother you then you have problems.

JakeCuenca
10-01-2018, 10:52 PM
I mean chris and the likes are generally retarded, but ill have to side with them on thid one.

White Females are already the most privilaged individuals and its not like there is a rule preventing them from becoming board members. They're usually just not qualified.

Its really just expense for most of these companies.

JakeCuenca
10-01-2018, 10:53 PM
And yes, this is discrimination against males.

DMC
10-01-2018, 11:10 PM
This should just mean more businesses will build their headquarters in other states, like Texas. I see this as a good thing. Maybe next they will decide that their highest paid athletes must be females.

phxspurfan
10-01-2018, 11:32 PM
They should add a jew and a priest to that law tbqh

:lol

I’ll have a Coke then

Spurtacular
10-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Yes you are splitting hairs.

You are also wrong.

Technically it would be an all-female board under the law.

Technically, he's right. A dude with a dick is a tranny/male.

:lol Today's sociopath

Spurtacular
10-01-2018, 11:38 PM
This should just mean more businesses will build their headquarters in other states, like Texas. I see this as a good thing. Maybe next they will decide that their highest paid athletes must be females.

Doubtful, unless there's really that much of a talent gap between the genders.

Spurminator
10-01-2018, 11:45 PM
I mean chris and the likes are generally retarded, but ill have to side with them on thid one.

White Females are already the most privilaged individuals and its not like there is a rule preventing them from becoming board members. They're usually just not qualified.

Its really just expense for most of these companies.

I don't think a law is necessary here but when less than 20% of board members nationally are women, there's more at play than specific qualifications. Men in positions of power typically prefer to be surrounded by other men when business is being discussed (unless there's an admin taking notes.) It's not conscious sexism most of the time, but there is a culture preference and those with control will tend to maintain that culture. In most industries it's hard to deny that the very personality types and professional approaches expected of men in leadership positions tend to be limiting for females.

JakeCuenca
10-01-2018, 11:52 PM
I don't think a law is necessary here but when less than 20% of board members nationally are women, there's more at play than specific qualifications. Men in positions of power typically prefer to be surrounded by other men when business is being discussed (unless there's an admin taking notes.) It's not conscious sexism most of the time, but there is a culture preference and those with control will tend to maintain that culture. In most industries it's hard to deny that the very personality types and professional approaches expected of men in leadership positions tend to be limiting for females.

No, this is just false.

The biggest factor why females on average get paid less and arent memebers of the board is largely to their educational choices.

Females are less likely to be a board of a tech company because their education is outside of those realms.

I also dont believe in Geneder being equal in a sense. Both Male and Females arw biologically different hence why both are good at something that the others arent.

Its specially obvious in meduim business that has something to do with something physicall. A consturction company will likely have an all male board because its a largrly male industry and many other examples.

JakeCuenca
10-01-2018, 11:54 PM
What will happen in this situation is that females will have jobs where other males are more qualified to do.

Again Educational choices here is the biggest contributing factor specially in a tech state like california.

Dont lie to me and tell me tech education isnt largely male

Nathan89
10-02-2018, 12:23 AM
It's not just educational choices. It's life style choices. Men focus on their career much more than women. There are just biological differences that lead to differences at the highest and lowest ends of society. Men will dominate boardrooms but also prisons/homeless populations. The left is pretending men and women are the same though and attributing everything to discrimination.

Spurtacular
10-02-2018, 12:24 AM
Truth is this will only create a lot BMINOs. Board members in name only.

Pavlov
10-02-2018, 03:09 AM
Technically, he's right. A dude with a dick is a tranny/male.

:lol Today's sociopathTechnically, you're completely wrong. We're talking about this particular law, of which you are completely ignorant.

As you always are.

lol derp

Pavlov
10-02-2018, 03:10 AM

Its really just expense for most of these companies.:lol you can always tell when apo is single.

ElNono
10-02-2018, 04:20 AM
:lol bait was pretty good, tbh... some of the responses, though, smh...

Bunch of pretend alpha males scared of some alleged inferior women competition. :lol

Srsly, not a fan of government mandating this, although, it's difficult to see in which other way you can bring diversity to that position. Don't forget that males are actually a minority in this world, tbh, this would barely make things more representative.

Food for thought.

Nathan89
10-02-2018, 10:16 AM
It's not competition if women automatically get it.

FrostKing
10-02-2018, 12:51 PM
Rule 1: less males
Rule 2: more POC

Connect the dots. If you plan/or already have a white son you are decreasing their chances for success.

ElNono
10-02-2018, 02:17 PM
It's not competition if women automatically get it.

Of course it is. They only get one spot and if they prove to be inferior, then this law will inevitably fail in the long run.

DMC
10-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Doubtful, unless there's really that much of a talent gap between the genders.

Which part are you doubtful about?

There's no talent required to be on a board, and the athletics issue is merely entertainment, so a law could state the same for franchises that have both women and men playing for them, even on different teams.

DMC
10-02-2018, 02:24 PM
:lol bait was pretty good, tbh... some of the responses, though, smh...

Bunch of pretend alpha males scared of some alleged inferior women competition. :lol

Srsly, not a fan of government mandating this, although, it's difficult to see in which other way you can bring diversity to that position. Don't forget that males are actually a minority in this world, tbh, this would barely make things more representative.

Food for thought.

Like anyone here is going to not make a board because of this. I don't think the law will apply to line cooks and customer service desks.

ElNono
10-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Like anyone here is going to not make a board because of this. I don't think the law will apply to line cooks and customer service desks.

Plus there's benefits to the board too, tbh, they get a cook, and can actually save on salary...

Ginobilly
10-02-2018, 03:12 PM
It's not just educational choices. It's life style choices. Men focus on their career much more than women. There are just biological differences that lead to differences at the highest and lowest ends of society. Men will dominate boardrooms but also prisons/homeless populations. The left is pretending men and women are the same though and attributing everything to discrimination.

True.
I own a small hvac/plumbing company and the men are the one's who bring in the $$. I have two girls in my company but the only things they could do is dispatching and office work. They can't do any construction or heavy lifting which this industry requires. They also dont like working long hours or weekends. Most men will do in order to pay the bills.

rmt
10-02-2018, 10:19 PM
I'd like New York to mandate equal pay for equal work so that the women have to play best of 5 sets at US Open just like the men to earn the same amount of money.

rmt
10-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Or allowing males identifying as women to compete in women's sports - wonder who the left will side with.

Spurtacular
10-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Technically, you're completely wrong. We're talking about this particular law, of which you are completely ignorant.

As you always are.

lol derp

You didn't say lawfully (not that you've supported that point, anyways); you said technically. Last I checked xy chromosome is technically male (certainly the default definition).

:lmao "completely ignorant"

Nathan89
10-02-2018, 10:56 PM
I'd like New York to mandate equal pay for equal work so that the women have to play best of 5 sets at US Open just like the men to earn the same amount of money.

The amount of sets isn't relevant. Male tennis players should get based on the dollars they bring in. Women getting the same is just special treatment. That treatment isn't isolated to tennis prizes.

Spurtacular
10-02-2018, 11:09 PM
Which part are you doubtful about?

That there is that much of a talent gap in the sexes that a small minority of seats allocated to women would force many if any companies to relocate; especially given the fact that board positions are often somewhat ceremonial in the first place.

That said, I'm not for affirmative action. Discrimination is not how discrimination should be fought.

DMC
10-02-2018, 11:34 PM
That there is that much of a talent gap in the sexes that a small minority of seats allocated to women would force many if any companies to relocate; especially given the fact that board positions are often somewhat ceremonial in the first place.

That said, I'm not for affirmative action. Discrimination is not how discrimination should be fought.

I intentionally didn't use the term "relocate".

New companies build headquarters all the time, and they pick cities in which to do so. Making this kind of barrier for existing boards to come to California only makes cities like Austin more attractive. I don't think talent has anything to do with board positions. I think it's about where you are in the business world.

Spurtacular
10-02-2018, 11:43 PM
I intentionally didn't use the term "relocate".

New companies build headquarters all the time, and they pick cities in which to do so. Making this kind of barrier for existing boards to come to California only makes cities like Austin more attractive. I don't think talent has anything to do with board positions. I think it's about where you are in the business world.

Definitely, California's lack of a business friendly climate will hurt them. But there's a too big to fail mentality; and I'm not sure they're wrong. And the freeloaders are going to keep voting in Democrats. Republicans are nearly extinct in California at the state level. The ones that there are are essentially glorified Democrats.

Othyus Lalanne
10-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Of course it is. They only get one spot and if they prove to be inferior, then this law will inevitably fail in the long run.

And the left wants a very long fucking run.

ElNono
10-03-2018, 12:51 AM
And the left wants a very long fucking run.

Considering that pretty much only relatively large companies have a board, and those also tend to be the biggest campaign donors, it's a fairly safe bet that politicos will hear soon enough about the result of this experiment.

Othyus Lalanne
10-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Considering that pretty much only relatively large companies have a board, and those also tend to be the biggest campaign donors, it's a fairly safe bet that politicos will hear soon enough about the result of this experiment.

Have you seen the idiotic politcal stuff some companies have done recently?

ElNono
10-03-2018, 06:14 AM
Have you seen the idiotic politcal stuff some companies have done recently?

Like what?

Othyus Lalanne
10-03-2018, 06:20 AM
Like what?

Ghostbusters, Star Wars idiocy, The Atlantic hiring and unhiring Kevin Williamson etc...

Everyone saying ratings are not afftected by the kneeling in the NFL.

ElNono
10-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Ghostbusters, Star Wars idiocy, The Atlantic hiring and unhiring Kevin Williamson etc...

Sorry, no idea who Kevin Williamson is, and not sure what you're talking about the movies (other than the female ghostbusters was probably bust (?), and the milking of Star Wars is ridiculous, but the market will respond to that).

The kneeling is strictly an issue between the NFL and the player's union. Leagues like the NFL or NBA, are more like a private gentleman's club than your prototypical publicly-traded company...

Blake
10-03-2018, 08:12 AM

Lolwut

AaronY
10-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Or allowing males identifying as women to compete in women's sports - wonder who the left will side with.
This is a real huge problem when looked at proportionately and an urgent national crises which will need to be dealt with sooner rather than later

Blake
10-03-2018, 08:52 AM
This is a real huge problem when looked at proportionately and an urgent national crises which will need to be dealt with sooner rather than later

It's not fair because then in the wnba there'll be a whole team of men in skirts jumping out of the gym putting nuts to chins!

boutons_deux
10-03-2018, 08:59 AM
white male supremacy identity politics:

don't dare stop us from sexually abusing females

don't dare attack our oppression of non-whites, non-males

Othyus Lalanne
10-03-2018, 10:06 AM

How are you opressed? You can move to an another country, there are dnough guns to carve out your POC paradise.

Sorry, no idea who Kevin Williamson is, and not sure what you're talking about the movies (other than the female ghostbusters was probably bust (?), and the milking of Star Wars is ridiculous, but the market will respond to that).

The kneeling is strictly an issue between the NFL and the player's union. Leagues like the NFL or NBA, are more like a private gentleman's club than your prototypical publicly-traded company...

This amaount of politicization would had been seen as an insane idea in 2010.

Isitjustme?
10-03-2018, 10:21 AM
How are you opressed? You can move to an another country, there are dnough guns to carve out your POC paradise.

Thats a good point facebook and twitter's not even being mean to them and making them cry like a lil baby 24/7

RandomGuy
10-03-2018, 12:04 PM

(facepalm)

You just described the way statistics work. "these people looked at evidence and drew a conclusion. idiots" :rollin

What will you do for an encore, geenyus? "these people looked at evidence and think the earth is round. idiots"

FrostKing
10-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Okay I am 100% sure now. Are you

A) Person of color
B) Dating/raising a person of color
C) both A & B

Pavlov
10-03-2018, 12:12 PM
You didn't say lawfully (not that you've supported that point, anyways); you said technically. Last I checked xy chromosome is technically male (certainly the default definition).

:lmao "completely ignorant" "Technically" applies to the law in this case, derp.

lol derp

Nathan89
10-03-2018, 12:32 PM
(facepalm)

You just described the way statistics work. "these people looked at evidence and drew a conclusion. idiots" :rollin

What will you do for an encore, geenyus? "these people looked at evidence and think the earth is round. idiots"

No. I described drawing incorrect conclusions from statistics.

Nathan89
10-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Looking at population percentage and comparing to representation in "x" isn't a good "statistical analysis". It might be the first step to highlight areas worth investigating but anything beyond that it's meaningless.

AaronY
10-03-2018, 01:42 PM
Looking at population percentage and comparing to representation in "x" isn't a good "statistical analysis". It might be the first step to highlight areas worth investigating but anything beyond that it's meaningless.
You learning that from Bernie when you was a Bernie bro two weeks ago?

koriwhat
10-03-2018, 03:43 PM

:tu

RandomGuy
10-03-2018, 03:58 PM
No. I described drawing incorrect conclusions from statistics.

"incorrect" being "Nathan89 decided that he would wave his hands and say its wrong, because fuck you that's why", does that about sum it up?

rmt
10-03-2018, 04:28 PM
It's not fair because then in the wnba there'll be a whole team of men in skirts jumping out of the gym putting nuts to chins!

The market should determine how much each sport gets. I applaud the NBA which has the ability to go out and get the best deal for the men - that they aren't ham-stringed/coat-tailed by the WNBA which I assume gets whatever the market bears for women's basketball. Tennis #1 (at the time) Djokovic got lambasted and sat down by Billie Jean King and Chris Evert for daring to suggest that the men's game and the women's game should each go out and get the best deals they can get. He had to walk that comment back the very next day. It is embarrassing for the women's game when the stadium empties after a men's match (audience goes to crowded, outside courts to watch other men's matches) while the #1 woman is playing on center court - only to fill up after the women's match when the men come back on. This lack of demand is aside from the best of 3/best of 5/equal pay for equal work issue.

ElNono
10-03-2018, 07:06 PM
This amaount of politicization would had been seen as an insane idea in 2010.

Oh, I agree with that. The acrimony, partisanship and polarization is definitely at an all time high, which is regrettable, IMO.

Othyus Lalanne
10-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Oh, I agree with that. The acrimony, partisanship and polarization is definitely at an all time high, which is regrettable, IMO.

So don't be surprised if California companies will do some insane political idiocy.

Spurtacular
10-03-2018, 11:09 PM
"Technically" applies to the law in this case, derp.

lol derp

You didn't say lawfully. You just argued like your jackass self.

Pavlov
10-03-2018, 11:12 PM
You didn't say lawfully.I said technically as it applies to the law.

You would try to say something like technilawfully.

:lol derp

ShotThroughTheHeart
10-04-2018, 01:14 AM
You didn't say lawfully. You just argued like your jackass self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9swDIB-d1w

Chucho
10-04-2018, 01:16 AM
Wow, what a faggot with these alts. Ls all day for Derp.

ElNono
10-04-2018, 05:21 AM
So don't be surprised if California companies will do some insane political idiocy.

They're 'people' according to the SCOTUS, so they can do whatever they want. Wouldn't be the first time they shoot themselves in the foot.

Othyus Lalanne
10-04-2018, 05:56 AM
They're 'people' according to the SCOTUS, so they can do whatever they want. Wouldn't be the first time they shoot themselves in the foot.

Does not mean they should, does it?

ElNono
10-04-2018, 06:32 AM
Does not mean they should, does it?

In today's political climate, what does 'shooting themselves in the foot' means is also very debatable. Ultimately, they respond to shareholders, and numbers will be king. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

boutons_deux
10-04-2018, 06:50 AM
Everyone Missed A Key Reason There Are So Few Women Leaders

Researchers are only starting to consider how sexual harassment keeps women down.

Yet as so many women have come forward to tell stories of sexual harassment thanks to the Me Too movement,

it’s become painfully clear that something else is going on.

And it’s not women’s fault.

Sexual harassment plays a major role in keeping women down,

but for all these years researchers have barely considered this as a factor.

Sherbin said her eyes were opened to the issue after working on a comprehensive study (https://www.talentinnovation.org/_private/assets/WhatMeTooMeans_KeyFindings-CTI.pdf) of sexual harassment that her group initiated in the wake of Me Too.

“I think a lot of people who have been doing research on the topic didn’t truly understand this was happening,” she said. “We didn’t realize we had to act.”

It’s not hard to find examples of how harassment disrupts women’s careers.

Plenty of women have left who could have one day led.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sexual-harassment-research-women-leaders_us_5bb4cfabe4b0876eda9a2db2?utm_medium=ema il&utm_campaign=__TheMorningEmail__041018&utm_content=__TheMorningEmail__041018+CID_53d96922 da1d5afab0d48c871cba7763&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=HuffPost&ncid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__041018

OP and others supporting his thread are White Male Supremacist assholes, misogynists, and probably sexual abusers.

CA, of course, makes an "affirmative action" move and the White Male Supremacists play their white male identity card of martyrdom to justify continued oppression of women (and all non-white, non-male people)

Othyus Lalanne
10-05-2018, 10:09 AM
In today's political climate, what does 'shooting themselves in the foot' means is also very debatable. Ultimately, they respond to shareholders, and numbers will be king. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

What is the last sentence supposed to mean exactly?

ElNono
10-05-2018, 06:08 PM
What is the last sentence supposed to mean exactly?

That for all the Kaep drama, Nike and other companies will look at the bottom line, as usual, and do what's good for business. Which is obviously the status quo. I don't expect some of the most outrageous positions to be more than a publicity stunt.

DMC
10-05-2018, 07:26 PM
That for all the Kaep drama, Nike and other companies will look at the bottom line, as usual, and do what's good for business. Which is obviously the status quo. I don't expect some of the most outrageous positions to be more than a publicity stunt.

Big businesses didn't just magically sprout a social conscience, so yeah.

Trainwreck2100
10-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Implying this shit won't be killed by our new supreme court

Nathan89
10-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Implying this shit won't be killed by our new supreme court

It shouldn't make it that far. It shouldn't even have made it this far.

ElNono
10-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Big businesses didn't just magically sprout a social conscience, so yeah.

exactly, for all the drama, there's no 'new normal' or anything like that.

Othyus Lalanne
10-05-2018, 11:19 PM
exactly, for all the drama, there's no 'new normal' or anything like that.

Name a a lady Ghostbusters type of fiasco from the 90s or the 2000s?
It's brand new and not the historical norm.

And why ris alienating people with these publicity stunts?

DMC
10-06-2018, 12:38 AM

The trends are new, the market tendencies to capitalize on them isn't. All that's being said is that companies like Nike are looking to sell the most product however they can. If that means pretending to give two shits about kneeling at a football game, they will.

Just consider this image from a well known movie and consider what it represents, and how times haven't changed...

http://filmswithalex.weebly.com/uploads/2/8/1/7/28170581/6344566_orig.jpg

Do you think that old man would have pardoned those boys if they weren't popular? If he couldn't leverage them for his political campaign? It all happened so fast, the KKK speech, how the governor noticed that the public liked the Soggy Bottom Boys, how he capitalized on it and his opponent was ridden out of town on a rail.

Businesses do the same thing. If the social wave moves the other way, so will businesses.

Othyus Lalanne
10-06-2018, 01:25 AM
The trends are new, the market tendencies to capitalize on them isn't. All that's being said is that companies like Nike are looking to sell the most product however they can. If that means pretending to give two shits about kneeling at a football game, they will.

Just consider this image from a well known movie and consider what it represents, and how times haven't changed...

http://filmswithalex.weebly.com/uploads/2/8/1/7/28170581/6344566_orig.jpg

Do you think that old man would have pardoned those boys if they weren't popular? If he couldn't leverage them for his political campaign? It all happened so fast, the KKK speech, how the governor noticed that the public liked the Soggy Bottom Boys, how he capitalized on it and his opponent was ridden out of town on a rail.

Businesses do the same thing. If the social wave moves the other way, so will businesses.

The way the tax code is for rich people if they wanna find something they will. Marc Cuban for example outsources his tax paying to specialsits. They really need to think about wanting to be seen as picking sides in politics.

I don't get the reference but in today's political culture it's a bad idea. Can you give some examples from the 90s or 2000s that are similar to Nike endorsing Kaep or Sony marketing their Ghostbusters?

ElNono
10-06-2018, 02:53 AM

Tons of movies specifically targeting black folks and black culture in the 2000s. It was one way to expand the market then. Heck the VCR was a great invention, but at the same time it brought probably the worse period of movie making. Studios couldn't pump out more shit quick enough for Blockbuster. You can keep going back, and it's the same shit with Hippies, etc. Movies like Cheech and Chong would be an absolute bust in this day and age.

It's about catering to the current audience and extracting as many dollars as they can. Ghostbusters isn't the first dud nor will be the last. There's movies like that in every era, it's just that there's nothing memorable about them.

Because outrage and being edgy is both attention whoring and it sells. It puts the brand in everybody's mouth. Every sport/non-sport radio talked about it, that's free publicity.

Outrage and counterculture lets you separate yourself from the pack. Sometimes in good ways, sometimes in bad ways. That said, if you don't think they didn't go through a focus group or 20 before signing up Kaep, you would be very naive.

paperboy77
10-06-2018, 09:35 AM

:toast

Othyus Lalanne
10-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Tons of movies specifically targeting black folks and black culture in the 2000s. It was one way to expand the market then. Heck the VCR was a great invention, but at the same time it brought probably the worse period of movie making. Studios couldn't pump out more shit quick enough for Blockbuster. You can keep going back, and it's the same shit with Hippies, etc. Movies like Cheech and Chong would be an absolute bust in this day and age.

It's about catering to the current audience and extracting as many dollars as they can. Ghostbusters isn't the first dud nor will be the last. There's movies like that in every era, it's just that there's nothing memorable about them.

Because outrage and being edgy is both attention whoring and it sells. It puts the brand in everybody's mouth. Every sport/non-sport radio talked about it, that's free publicity.

Outrage and counterculture lets you separate yourself from the pack. Sometimes in good ways, sometimes in bad ways. That said, if you don't think they didn't go through a focus group or 20 before signing up Kaep, you would be very naive.

Outrage + counterculture. Kaep is a pussy, not counterculture. Ali debated William F. Buckley, Kaep would not have the guts to do that. Also it's hard to be counterculture when the left owns the fucking media in a dominating fashion.

boutons_deux
10-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Kaep didn't have guts? His protest against cops slaughtering blacks got him blackballed, pretty much how Ford against K got her slimed, slandered as liar, death threats.

so dickless, privileged White Men are pissed, and so-called martyred when govt tries, in the tiniest affirmative action, to redress White Men oppressing females? y'all G F Y

Spurminator
10-06-2018, 10:18 AM

Holy shit, dude, you're still bitching about the Ghostbusters remake?

You need some hobbies.

Spurminator
10-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Here are some other notable remakes where male leads were swapped for females. I can only imagine the hysterics from Male Fictional Character Justice Warriors back then.

Last Holiday (2006)
The Next Karate Kid (1994)
His Girl Friday (1940)

Spurminator
10-06-2018, 10:23 AM
The Ghostbusters remake was 2 years ago, it's the only example of that type of "fiasco" you can think of, and yet it's the new norm.

:lmao

Othyus Lalanne
10-06-2018, 12:42 PM
The Ghostbusters remake was 2 years ago, it's the only example of that type of "fiasco" you can think of, and yet it's the new norm.

Where did i say that extent of idiocy is the new norm?

You need some hobbies.

if i am right why the fuck not?

Kaep didn't have guts? His protest against cops slaughtering blacks got him blackballed, pretty much how Ford against K got her slimed, slandered as liar, death threats.

so dickless, privileged White Men are pissed, and so-called martyred when govt tries, in the tiniest affirmative action, to redress White Men oppressing females? y'all G F Y

Poor Kaep, sports media built a wall around him. I bet he prefers hsi current icon status to his playing days.

AaronY
10-06-2018, 12:46 PM
I'll tell ya what I did; i fought back! I'll tell ya how and maybe you could learn how to do it too.

So I was excited i heard dere was gonna be a new Ghostbusters. O loved that one when I was a child. Bill murray, akroyd, the nerd from Stripes, and there was a black guy too but he stayed in the background not like the ones nowadays trying to be president now and lecturing me on tv. So the new one I see they not only got rid of the original cast but they replaced am not with white guys but with women! pluS there was a black chick and she was all uppity and in from of the scenes and stuff!

Well so I got em though. I got em good. I went to the Google and I entered in Ghostbusters 2016 but here's what I did i also entered in imdb. Then I went to the bottom of the imdb.com page and entered in the discussions! I told em good in those discussions it was a battle but you gotta get in the frontlines you wanna win this culture war! You may think this is dirty poker but I also have it a one star before I even saw it! We have to sink to their level to win

They thought they was gonna take my Ghostbusters away from me! I said no, not on my watch! Us poor white people Ghostbusters is one of the few things we got left and it took some work but we saved it

Nathan89
10-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Imagine thinking definitive government enforced discrimination is the solution to potential discrimination.

Spurminator
10-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Imagine thinking definitive government enforced discrimination is the solution to potential discrimination.

How is it discrimination?

Board membership isn't finite. No man has to lose a place on a corporate board for a woman to be included.

You are such a victim.

ElNono
10-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Outrage + counterculture. Kaep is a pussy, not counterculture. Ali debated William F. Buckley, Kaep would not have the guts to do that. Also it's hard to be counterculture when the left owns the fucking media in a dominating fashion.

Kaep is a controversial figure, and the fact that he has your panties in a bunch goes directly to the point. Before Nike got into it the talk was Kaep, protests and anthem, now it's all that, plus Nike.

He might be the hack you want him to be, but he certainly found a way to protest that's edgy, countercultural, and high exposure, which is the most effective type of protest you can have. The fact that even the POTUS(es) weighed in on it, goes to show how effective it was.

Othyus Lalanne
10-07-2018, 04:25 AM
Kaep is a controversial figure, and the fact that he has your panties in a bunch goes directly to the point. Before Nike got into it the talk was Kaep, protests and anthem, now it's all that, plus Nike.

He might be the hack you want him to be, but he certainly found a way to protest that's edgy, countercultural, and high exposure, which is the most effective type of protest you can have. The fact that even the POTUS(es) weighed in on it, goes to show how effective it was.

I guess Hillary's comment about deplorables fits the same category. Anything is countercultural and cultural as long as the good chunk of the media and anyone famous criticizes it.

Potus said Kaep is an idiot. Hardly makes it cool or countercultural. Mainstream culture is shaped by journalists and bureucrats in Washington LA and NY for now.

I'll tell ya what I did; i fought back! I'll tell ya how and maybe you could learn how to do it too.

So I was excited i heard dere was gonna be a new Ghostbusters. O loved that one when I was a child. Bill murray, akroyd, the nerd from Stripes, and there was a black guy too but he stayed in the background not like the ones nowadays trying to be president now and lecturing me on tv. So the new one I see they not only got rid of the original cast but they replaced am not with white guys but with women! pluS there was a black chick and she was all uppity and in from of the scenes and stuff!

Well so I got em though. I got em good. I went to the Google and I entered in Ghostbusters 2016 but here's what I did i also entered in imdb. Then I went to the bottom of the imdb.com page and entered in the discussions! I told em good in those discussions it was a battle but you gotta get in the frontlines you wanna win this culture war! You may think this is dirty poker but I also have it a one star before I even saw it! We have to sink to their level to win

They thought they was gonna take my Ghostbusters away from me! I said no, not on my watch! Us poor white people Ghostbusters is one of the few things we got left and it took some work but we saved it

The brand was wrecked for no good reaqson by politics. You got that right. You see the idiots caping for it as superior?

How is it discrimination?

Board membership isn't finite. No man has to lose a place on a corporate board for a woman to be included.

You are such a victim.

Just someone does not control his own bloody business anymore or the shareholders get burdened with this idiocy.

ElNono
10-07-2018, 05:15 AM
I guess Hillary's comment about deplorables fits the same category. Anything is countercultural and cultural as long as the good chunk of the media and anyone famous criticizes it.

Potus said Kaep is an idiot. Hardly makes it cool or countercultural. Mainstream culture is shaped by journalists and bureucrats in Washington LA and NY for now.

I'm not defending Kaep actions nor give two shits how this POTUS or the previous one felt about the situation (or anybody else for that matter, everybody is entitled to an opinion).

The point I'm highlighting is that while the actual goal of the protest might not have been fulfilled, the execution, as far as reaching as far and wide as possible, certainly did. There's probably a good chunk of companies that would've loved to get 1/3 of the drama and attention this whole thing received.

And if you look at it from the NFL/sports angle, it's really immaterial. It's not something that affected the game itself in any way (Concussion gate is way more important, in that it can actually change the game/rules).

The hilarious part is that the more butthurt about this whole situation, the more free publicity.

Othyus Lalanne
10-07-2018, 06:05 AM
I'm not defending Kaep actions nor give two shits how this POTUS or the previous one felt about the situation (or anybody else for that matter, everybody is entitled to an opinion).

The point I'm highlighting is that while the actual goal of the protest might not have been fulfilled, the execution, as far as reaching as far and wide as possible, certainly did. There's probably a good chunk of companies that would've loved to get 1/3 of the drama and attention this whole thing received.

And if you look at it from the NFL/sports angle, it's really immaterial. It's not something that affected the game itself in any way (Concussion gate is way more important, in that it can actually change the game/rules).

The hilarious part is that the more butthurt about this whole situation, the more free publicity.

Last year numbers went down. This year it's less of a focus numbers are up.

The Left would not stop with just Kaep being on a roster and kneeling.

boutons_deux
10-07-2018, 06:11 AM
btw, Tamir Rice's murderer is back in police uniform

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-fatally-shot-tamir-rice-hired-bellaire-ohio-police-n917391

Nathan89
10-08-2018, 04:00 PM
https://twitter.com/senatorshoshana/status/1049387079417778176?s=20

Great article on this issue.

spurraider21
10-08-2018, 04:02 PM
great article because it appeals to your point of view

AaronY
10-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Imagine going to Bernie to Trump in the span of a few weeks then refusing to discuss it and thinking everyone will forget

Nathan89
10-08-2018, 04:12 PM
great article because it appeals to your point of view

Did you read the article? It's a good article. Yes, it does back my view though.

Spurminator
10-08-2018, 04:45 PM

baseline bum
10-08-2018, 04:51 PM

Can't wait to see the tweet when her son brings his boyfriend home with a ring.

spurraider21
10-08-2018, 04:52 PM
quite frankly i'm just surprised there isn't a shutterstock watermark

ElNono
10-08-2018, 05:39 PM

lol @ the replies

Spurminator
10-08-2018, 06:27 PM

SnakeBoy
10-08-2018, 09:37 PM

At least he has a brother to console him

Winehole23
10-08-2018, 09:46 PM
At least he has a brother to console himLOL

Winehole23
10-08-2018, 09:52 PM
y'all should be so lucky that the price for eons of raw patriarchal seduction, exacted by rampant matriarchy, is that men should occasionally be worried about false accusations of wrongdoing.

DarrinS
10-08-2018, 10:04 PM
y'all should be so lucky that the price for eons of raw patriarchal seduction, exacted by rampant matriarchy, is that men should occasionally be worried about false accusations of wrongdoing.

There it is. *ding*

Othyus Lalanne
10-09-2018, 04:01 AM

And woman would had beaten nature and built the bess living conditions in history?

spurraider21
10-09-2018, 11:48 AM

SnakeBoy
10-09-2018, 01:29 PM

:lol

but damn don't throw mom under the bus like that

FrostKing
10-09-2018, 02:04 PM

You need some hobbies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbx1KspxnZE

Pavlov
10-09-2018, 02:09 PM

Hopefully there's another family member who can live tweet their Thanksgiving dinner.

Spurminator
10-09-2018, 03:17 PM

He's a good sport. Only thing that would've been better is if he was actually gay and used this as his coming out.

Pavlov
10-09-2018, 03:34 PM
He's a good sport. Only thing that would've been better is if he was actually gay and used this as his coming out.I thought the picture his mom posted was a promo shot for a touring production of Anything Goes.

boutons_deux
10-09-2018, 04:16 PM