PDA

View Full Version : Its barely October and Im already tired of Pau & Patty.

MaNu4Tres
10-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Give Gay & Bertans all the minutes at the 4.

Give LMA & Poeltl all the minutes at the 5.

Give White all of Forbes/Patty minutes and sprinkle in some Walker.

Pops love for Pau, Patty, and Forbes weigh this team down.

JakeCuenca
10-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Lol At Pau still getting minutes.

Im convince Pop actually thinks he made the 60s team wins possible. Delusional senile old man.

LMA has shown he can still retain his metrics at the 5 anf walker is 6'5.

LMA-GAY-Frozen-Loonie-Murray seems like an easy pick for most non delusional.coaches

RD2191
10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Fukin join the club. Worthless bums shouldn't be on this team. Been saying it for years.

SAGirl
10-01-2018, 02:37 PM
It's going to be a long season at this rate.

Hopefully, things aren't set in stone. It's preseason. I suppose Pop is giving opportunities to the veterans before they "hang" themselves.

Dingle Barry
10-01-2018, 02:38 PM
I'm still bitter about their contracts.

r0drig0lac
10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
add Forbes to this list please

TheGreatYacht
10-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Pop himself knows Gasol sucks (he starts and benches him throughout the season) is the funniest part but he has no choice thanks to the dumbass contract him and Drunkford handed out

TD 21
10-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Mills, in role or in general, isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Gasol, I think there's something like 1/4 or 1/3 chance becomes a matchup dependant backup and is shopped.

There's probably a 99% chance this is his last season here anyway, so they don't really have to concern themselves with how he deals with being phased out.

It sucks being in a holding pattern, probably having to wait a season for them to somewhat fix this archaic roster, but that's the predicament they inexplicably put themselves in.

TheGreatYacht
10-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Gonna miss October Manure tbh. November-April Manure.... not so much

cd98
10-01-2018, 05:45 PM
I think Pau is going to fade this year. But I think Patty is still needed. We have some real 3 point shooting issues and we will need Patty, like it or not.

itzsoweezee
10-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Hate to agree given it's only October 1, but, I agree.

MaNu4Tres
10-01-2018, 06:02 PM
I think Pau is going to fade this year. But I think Patty is still needed. We have some real 3 point shooting issues and we will need Patty, like it or not.

They dont need Patty. White, Forbes, and Belinelli bring more imo. ( White better in every and all aspects, Forbes defends PGs better/same skillset on O, Belinelli is more versatile on O.)

cd98
10-01-2018, 06:22 PM
They dont need Patty. White, Forbes, and Belinelli bring more imo. ( White better in every and all aspects, Forbes defends PGs better/same skillset on O, Belinelli is more versatile on O.)

I don't think Forbes brings more. Patty can shoot well from three and he can change pace. Forbes only shoots threes and he can't make free throws. I like White, but he's unproven. Besides, Patty makes sense because he can also play point guard in limited minutes (5-6 minutes a game). Belinelli is a great shooter, but I think he'll play more 3 than 2 and also he doesn't change the pace.

Kobe'sAchilles
10-01-2018, 07:08 PM
We only have one more year of Gasol so thank goodness for that. Patty is the real contract I was angry over. There was just ZERO reason to give him a 4th year of guaranteed money. Literally every other backup point guard that year got three year deals and we were the only people dumb enough to give our back up a 4 year deal. But like I said earlier, this may be the last year as far as playing time for Patty so I hope he plays this season like his job depends on it because frankly it does. Pop may love him but next year there's Demar, Beli, Walker, White, and DJ all playing minutes and all potentially better than him in most situations. So this might be his last year of getting serious playing time.

Mr. Body
10-01-2018, 07:09 PM
And I'm tired of shitty ass bitch whining threads like this.

bklynspursfan
10-01-2018, 07:31 PM

I'm just like, why not let us get a few months in first? Or dam even a few weeks/reg season games. There really isn't much to take from pre season game 1, that is also starting earlier than it has previously.

Like Patty could find that shot again and be a 40% shooter from 3, especially having a reduced role than what was asked last yr. It's just way too early to start criticizing, critiquing, or complainingly about anything imo

Pavlov
10-01-2018, 07:57 PM
I'm just like, why not let us get a few months in first? Or dam even a few weeks/reg season games. There really isn't much to take from pre season game 1, that is also starting earlier than it has previously. Agendas will never wait.

BackHome
10-01-2018, 08:54 PM
I will have to live with Forbes and Paul this year but no way should they be on the team next year. With two first round picks and two good Over Seas draft picks we can do SO much better.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
10-01-2018, 09:05 PM
We only have one more year of Gasol so thank goodness for that. Patty is the real contract I was angry over. There was just ZERO reason to give him a 4th year of guaranteed money. Literally every other backup point guard that year got three year deals and we were the only people dumb enough to give our back up a 4 year deal. But like I said earlier, this may be the last year as far as playing time for Patty so I hope he plays this season like his job depends on it because frankly it does. Pop may love him but next year there's Demar, Beli, Walker, White, and DJ all playing minutes and all potentially better than him in most situations. So this might be his last year of getting serious playing time.:pop: Pau is not going anywhere, he has at least 3 more good seasons left in him.

Spur|n|Austin
10-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Can we get one thread where people can post their whiny complaints in?

Pavlov
10-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Can we get one thread where people can post their whiny complaints in?:lol folks want to spread their misery around

Nathan89
10-01-2018, 10:54 PM
People aren't going to wait to complain when they are quickly reminded of past aggravations tbh. Two over paid players that shouldn't be on the team is already a problem and then you account for on court performance.

wildcardX
10-01-2018, 11:53 PM
Pop likes that veteran leadership that those two bring. For Pau it's that "elder statesman" and championship experience that they lost when Duncan retired. For Patty it's the "Spurs way" corporate knowledge guy that the Spurs had in Green, Manu, and Parker last year. Just a guess but those guys maybe most effective to the team outside of the games, giving the coaching staff a stability cushion to the team during practice, on the bench, outside the gym, during losing streaks etc.. Tony and Manu were not going to be around forever, Kawhi didn't seem to have that locker room leadership, and LA just started to get things together last year after wanting a trade. Tim and Manu will show up to practice from time to time but it's not the same as being on the floor with a bunch of new players night in and night out.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2018, 01:34 AM
Ok saying Forbes is better than Mills is a garbage take.

MaNu4Tres
10-02-2018, 06:02 AM
Pop likes that veteran leadership that those two bring. For Pau it's that "elder statesman" and championship experience that they lost when Duncan retired. For Patty it's the "Spurs way" corporate knowledge guy that the Spurs had in Green, Manu, and Parker last year. Just a guess but those guys maybe most effective to the team outside of the games, giving the coaching staff a stability cushion to the team during practice, on the bench, outside the gym, during losing streaks etc.. Tony and Manu were not going to be around forever, Kawhi didn't seem to have that locker room leadership, and LA just started to get things together last year after wanting a trade. Tim and Manu will show up to practice from time to time but it's not the same as being on the floor with a bunch of new players night in and night out.

We all know this. Ferry, Kerr, Steve Smith brought the same in 03 after Sean & Avery left.

The ceiling of this team is dependent on Poeltl, White, Murray, and Walker playing and progressing through the year because of their versatile two way ability ( and also LaMarcus, DeRozan, and Gay playing up to their high expectations). If Pau, Mills, and Forbes get more minutes than the 4 young studs on the roster, then this team will be lucky to get the 5th seed in the West.

Its like if Pop played Smith, Kerr, and Ferry over Manu & Jackson in 2003.

weeks
10-02-2018, 06:06 AM

:lol Forbes isn't even better than Forbes
that's how bad he is

MaNu4Tres
10-02-2018, 06:16 AM

Saying hes better at defending PGs is not a stretch at all.

SAGirl
10-02-2018, 06:29 AM

skin27
10-02-2018, 06:59 AM
I don’t understand the hate over patty.. it seems y’all forgot his 3s in 2014 nba finals..

WallyTiger
10-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Popovich anticipates Aldridge and Mills will be two of Spurs’ locker-room leaders
FatMills???
:vomit::vomit::vomit:

illusioNtEk
10-02-2018, 08:56 AM

Oh I'm sorry, but it's 50 million we talking about

John B
10-02-2018, 09:08 AM
With Tony’s reason for departure, I would expect the same role for Pau. He’s just there as the new guys slowly transition to the Spurs culture. I expect Poeltl to start soon. He needs to run PNR with Dema. Mills is okay as spot shooter and streaky scorer. But I wish Lonnie matures quick. We need his defense. Murray and Lonnie could be the best defensive duo in the league. If Lonnie can consistently hit the 3, he can start at 2, with Murray, Demar, Gay and LMA for (small ball), that’s 6’5”-6’11” small ball :lol Fuck, I’m getting a boner just thinking about it

Mr. Body
10-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Oh I'm sorry, but it's 50 million we talking about

Go cry.

TimDunkem
10-02-2018, 04:25 PM
They are who we thought they were.

TD 21
10-02-2018, 04:26 PM
With Tony’s reason for departure, I would expect the same role for Pau. He’s just there as the new guys slowly transition to the Spurs culture. I expect Poeltl to start soon. He needs to run PNR with Dema. Mills is okay as spot shooter and streaky scorer. But I wish Lonnie matures quick. We need his defense. Murray and Lonnie could be the best defensive duo in the league. If Lonnie can consistently hit the 3, he can start at 2, with Murray, Demar, Gay and LMA for (small ball), that’s 6’5”-6’11” small ball :lol Fuck, I’m getting a boner just thinking about it

It makes no sense to further exacerbate the lack of range shooting in the starting lineup. Poeltl is also a near perfect fit (save for defensive rebounding) with Bertans.

I've been saying for a while, it might (probably) take up to a season, but I think there's a good chance Walker takes Gasol's rotation and hopefully starting spot.

Moving Aldridge to C, Gay to PF and inserting Walker would mean being even smaller on the wings, but it would increase the defensive flexibility exponentially. Take the Warriors, for example. If Durant re-signs for at least another season, Gay and DeRozan could cross match, with the latter defending Green.

tonight...you
10-02-2018, 04:29 PM
It makes no sense to further exacerbate the lack of range shooting in the starting lineup. Poeltl is also a near perfect fit (save for defensive rebounding) with Bertans.

I've been saying for a while, it might (probably) take up to a season, but I think there's a good chance Walker takes Gasol's rotation and hopefully starting spot.

Moving Aldridge to C, Gay to PF and inserting Walker would mean being even smaller on the wings, but it would increase the defensive flexibility exponentially. Take the Warriors, for example. If Durant re-signs for at least another season, Gay and DeRozan could cross match, with the latter defending Green.
If Lonnie could make that leap... wow. You're right. It makes the team so much more dangerous to more teams. Especially the elite ones.

manu2timdynasty
10-04-2018, 09:09 PM
I don’t understand the hate over patty.. it seems y’all forgot his 3s in 2014 nba finals..

They hate everyone, they think it’s shows their more knowledgeable Spurs fans but their just like all the other drones on every other forum on the net.

gambit1990
10-04-2018, 09:29 PM
:lol Forbes isn't even better than Forbes
that's how bad he is
:lol

Spurtacular
10-05-2018, 12:53 AM
:lol Funniest thread title I've seen in a while, tbh.

JPB
10-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Some people don't seem to realize Patty is the player with the more ancienety on this team now, by far... With Sly, they are the only two who won a title here. Patty is corporate knowledge, he's culture and a locker room presence.

tonight...you
10-05-2018, 03:23 PM
They hate everyone, they think it’s shows their more knowledgeable Spurs fans but their just like all the other drones on every other forum on the net.
Mod this person.

Namundy
10-05-2018, 04:27 PM
I'd like to see White/Walker/Poetl in real NBA games in a Spurs uniform before making any conclusions. It's difficult to confidently say Pau and Patty are worse at this point. Physical components are a large part of the game but jumping into the NBA is a mental hurdle these guys need to overcome quickly in order to earn playing time. Poetl appears to be the most ready to be an immediate contributor. I'm higher on White but he needs to stay healthy and fight through our guard rotation. I think he turns some heads this year but not in the way a lot of fans are projecting.

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 12:39 AM

No not really.

Patty is really bad. Has been for a while.

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 12:41 AM
Mills garbage.

Marco garbage.

Pau needs to retire.

Poeltl is a stiff.

This roster needs massive changes outside of LA, DeRozan, Dejounte, Derrick, Lonnie, Forbes, Bertans, Metu & the upcoming 1st round picks. Everyone else needs to be traded or thrown away.

TDMVPDPOY
10-25-2018, 12:47 AM
metu should be getting paus minutes if you going to develop him or playing in loss games

stop with the bs experiment of mental midget backcourt of mills+forbes...

in 3years, the patfo has replace half the roster that made the wcf against teh rockets, what gives?

timtonymanu
10-25-2018, 12:59 AM
PATFO chose to stick with these guys and they deserve to go down with the ship. I hope it keeps backfiring.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-25-2018, 01:01 AM
No not really.

Spot on, Forbes is ten times better than Mills for a fraction of the cost

objective
10-25-2018, 01:10 AM
Mills garbage.

Marco garbage.

Pau needs to retire.

Poeltl is a stiff.

This roster needs massive changes outside of LA, DeRozan, Dejounte, Derrick, Lonnie, Forbes, Bertans, Metu & the upcoming 1st round picks. Everyone else needs to be traded or thrown away.

By the time the roster changes over on Pau, Fatty, and Marco ... LMA and DeRozan will be washed up and Murray will be getting overpaid.

There is no hope for anything better.

The franchise is going to be a joke until it moves to Seattle.

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 01:34 AM
By the time the roster changes over on Pau, Fatty, and Marco ... LMA and DeRozan will be washed up and Murray will be getting overpaid.

There is no hope for anything better.

The franchise is going to be a joke until it moves to Seattle.

Pop and RC should have retired with Timmy.

JakeCuenca
10-25-2018, 01:59 AM
But its my system :lmao

The Medias ass licking of Pop and RC was the worst thing that could have happened. They developed a head that became too big.

TD 21
10-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Pop and RC should have retired with Timmy.

:tu

coachmac87
10-25-2018, 07:33 PM
But its my system :lmao

The Medias ass licking of Pop and RC was the worst thing that could have happened. They developed a head that became too big.

Still can’t deny 14’...you loved that system then.

They should’ve won two titles against arguably the best player ever in his prime in historic fashion....

You can hate all you want but facts don’t care about your feelings.

That run/title not only elevated Pop but also cemented Duncan the best player of his generation and made Kawhi the “SuperStar” he is today.

Warriors and KD being a snake fucked up the league. Spurs inspired that....again everything comes to an end and that officially happened when Duncan retired and Kawhi became a bitch

JakeCuenca
10-25-2018, 07:53 PM
Still can’t deny 14’...you loved that system then.

They should’ve won two titles against arguably the best player ever in his prime in historic fashion....

You can hate all you want but facts don’t care about your feelings.

That run/title not only elevated Pop but also cemented Duncan the best player of his generation and made Kawhi the “SuperStar” he is today.

Warriors and KD being a snake fucked up the league. Spurs inspired that....again everything comes to an end and that officially happened when Duncan retired and Kawhi became a bitch

This is why your podcast failed. Vanilla take 101.

SuperCam
10-25-2018, 07:58 PM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-25-2018, 08:12 PM
patty became shit when he got paid 50, grew out that hair and fkn got fat...

didnt work on mechanics of his stroke, to buzy counting bills

coachmac87
10-25-2018, 08:18 PM

That’s a vanilla comeback...but good to know you know I had a podcast.

WallyTiger
10-25-2018, 09:41 PM

+

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 10:28 PM

Nah he was just a glorified Eddie House because of the way he would wave towels and his great attitude.

He was never a net positive, but yes he hit shots against the heat when Spurs had stranglehold on the series.

People forget Cojo beat out Patty 2 of Pattys first 3 years here.

Hoops Czar
10-25-2018, 10:32 PM

He was shit long before that and the most fustrating part is he still got paid.

objective
10-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Nah he was just a glorified Eddie House because of the way he would wave towels and his great attitude.

He was never a net positive, but yes he hit shots against the heat when Spurs had stranglehold on the series.

People forget Cojo beat out Patty 2 of Pattys first 3 years here.

And Eddie House was a minimum player on one-year deals most of his career. Looking at his salaries, he was never paid even half the MLE in his highest paid year

TDMVPDPOY
10-25-2018, 10:49 PM
in other words, should kept kawhi and get rid of everyone and start from scratch with kawhi

actually why didnt they trade lma?, then remove the remaining whatever is of t he big3 which was ginoboli and parker?...even with these 3 moves, did u think kawhi would stay given that patfo doesnt hand out loyalty contracts to gay, pau...

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 10:52 PM
And Eddie House was a minimum player on one-year deals most of his career. Looking at his salaries, he was never paid even half the MLE in his highest paid year

Very aware. You and I were one of the few on here that absolutely hated the decision they made.

90% of ST thought it was great value. Even guys like Jesse Blanchard and Tynan said it was great.

JakeCuenca
10-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Very aware. You and I were one of the few on here that absolutely hated the decision they made.

90% of ST thought it was great value. Even guys like Jesse Blanchard and Tynan said it was great.

Really? I thought about 400% of posters here saw it as a terrible trade. Obviously you can tell who the casuals are but there was a loud enough voice.

objective
10-25-2018, 11:28 PM

I don't know who those two other guys are though the names look semi familiar. If they cover the Spurs for some site or are big on Spurs related Twitter, then I'm not surprised they were dumb enough to like the deal. I don't have any respect for any member of 'Spurs media', I've never read anything from any of them that suggested they had a clue.

Back to the signing, I'd say it was more 65/35 disapprove/approve.

It's funny to read that signing thread though. No 'mea culpas' ever happened, but it's amusing to see early deal defenders criticizing Mills now.

RC_Drunkford
10-26-2018, 06:11 AM
in other words, should kept kawhi and get rid of everyone and start from scratch with kawhi

actually why didnt they trade lma?, then remove the remaining whatever is of t he big3 which was ginoboli and parker?...even with these 3 moves, did u think kawhi would stay given that patfo doesnt hand out loyalty contracts to gay, pau...

I think they only kept LA because Kawhi's injury antics supposedly started in August

phxspurfan
10-26-2018, 12:39 PM
The 5 Stages of Grief

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

MannyIsGod
10-26-2018, 01:00 PM
No not really.

Look, Forbes has been better so far this season, but if you're willing to hitch your wagon to Bryn Forbes continuing this and not being scared AF by the All Star Break I wish you luck.

Do me a favor and come back and bump that this when Forbes is utter garbage later this year and don't make me do it.

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Look, Forbes has been better so far this season, but if you're willing to hitch your wagon to Bryn Forbes continuing this and not being scared AF by the All Star Break I wish you luck.

Do me a favor and come back and bump that this when Forbes is utter garbage later this year and don't make me do it.

Hard work is undefeated. Sorry I was able to project the reality with Forbes leaping the pathetic Patty Mills based on how they spent the past 2 summers.

When it comes to comparing Forbes & Patty, Ill gladly hitch the wagon on to him oppose to your 50 million dollar 5'3" bust. Worst investment the Spurs have ever made.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Hard work is undefeated. Sorry I was able to project the reality with Forbes leaping the pathetic Patty Mills based on how they spent the past 2 summers.

When it comes to comparing Forbes & Patty, Ill gladly hitch the wagon on to him oppose to your 50 million dollar 5'3" bust. Worst investment the Spurs have ever made.

This is such a fucking stupid statement. Hard work doesn't change that Forbes shrinks when the pressure is up. Hard Work doesn't change that Patty has a much better career than Bryn Forbes ever will. Hard work doesn't change that Forbes has been MARGINALLY better than Patty and its only due to Patty's defense through 4 games. Patty is not good. Forbes is not good. Forbes has been marginally better. Patty STILL has a higher ceiling than Forbes.

Hard work, lol.

spurraider21
10-26-2018, 06:10 PM
the parker contract was bad

50 mills is when i knew it was over

pau's deal was just rubbing it in

MannyIsGod
01-18-2020, 06:19 AM

Remember that one time last year that you bumped an old thread to tell me how much Forbes was better than Patty? How do you feel about him now that he's taking minutes away form all the youth you've been waiting to see play?

Forbes is the worst starter int he NBA and its not even fucking close. Hard Work undefeated my ass.