PDA

View Full Version : Suns: I like this Ayton kid....

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-04-2018, 12:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/2018/10/04/0011800024-deandre-ayton-21-points-highlights-vs-new-zealand-breakers

I think the Suns may perform better than some are thinking. They've added some decent pieces. No real point guard to speak of will hurt them, but I think they'll be much improved. Not a playoff team, but a heck of a lot stronger squad with Ayton and Ariza.

R. DeMurre
10-04-2018, 12:26 PM
I watched him play a lot at Arizona and he's legit. I think he'll be a 20/10 guy pretty quickly in the NBA. He doesn't yet have the complete enthusiasm for defense that he does for offense, but I think he might be happier strictly playing C in the NBA as opposed to college, where he had to switch between C and PF. Now Phoenix needs to do a better job of putting shooters and defenders around him than New Orleans has done with Anthony Davis! Signing Ariza was probably a good start in that direction.

phxspurfan
10-04-2018, 02:19 PM
They're still the Suns unfortunately. I have zero faith in their FO or coaching. It is and may always be what has and will doom them. They have had talent many years and have still shat all over themselves when it counted.

baseline bum
10-04-2018, 04:09 PM
They're still the Suns unfortunately. I have zero faith in their FO or coaching. It is and may always be what has and will doom them. They have had talent many years and have still shat all over themselves when it counted.

Does Sarver still own them? He's the reason they don't have any banners. I can't believe they had a roster of Nash / Joe Johnson / Marion / Stoudemire and could have picked Iguodala too. God that would have been a devastating team had Sarver not gotten cheap.

phxspurfan
10-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Does Sarver still own them? He's the reason they don't have any banners. I can't believe they had a roster of Nash / Joe Johnson / Marion / Stoudemire and could have picked Iguodala too. God that would have been a devastating team had Sarver not gotten cheap.

He sure does. smh

phxspurfan
10-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Also, take a look at this roster they had in 2014-2015 and tell me Pop wouldn't have had that team winning 50 games in :lol Today's NBA :lol where you just need a bunch of strong scoring guards (Bledsoe, Dragic, Thornton, Gerald Green, Isaiah Thomas, Seth Curry), a couple of 6'8" tweeners who can board (the Morrises, PJ Tucker), and a defender or two/mobile bigs (Miles Plumlee, Alex Len)
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2015.html

Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Markieff and Marcus Morris
Goran Dragic
Miles Plumlee/Alex Len
PJ Tucker, Marcus Thornton, Gerald Green
Seth Curry, Tyler Ennis, Isaiah Thomas

phxspurfan
10-04-2018, 05:16 PM

Shaq, Barbosa, Grant Hill, Raja Bell, Young Diaw, Kurt Thomas, etc etc

Remember those years when Diaw could back down every Spur guarding him and score? Yet they kept going away from him lol

Millennial_Messiah
10-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Ariza is very limited on offense. He's maybe a bit more athletic than Bruce Bowen but he tends to turn it over or miss ugly when he tries to dribble drive..

Leetonidas
10-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Also, take a look at this roster they had in 2014-2015 and tell me Pop wouldn't have had that team winning 50 games in :lol Today's NBA :lol where you just need a bunch of strong scoring guards (Bledsoe, Dragic, Thornton, Gerald Green, Isaiah Thomas, Seth Curry), a couple of 6'8" tweeners who can board (the Morrises, PJ Tucker), and a defender or two/mobile bigs (Miles Plumlee, Alex Len)

Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Goran Dragic
Miles Plumlee/Alex Len

That roster is complete garage, pop couldn't get a better roster to 50 wins last year so idk what you're going on about lol

Jules_Winnfield
10-08-2018, 12:49 PM

Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Goran Dragic
Miles Plumlee/Alex Len

they won 48 games in 2014 and missed the playoffs

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:08 PM
they won 48 games in 2014 and missed the playoffs

Click the link dumbass.

Record: 39-43, Finished 3rd in NBA Pacific Division

Jules_Winnfield
10-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Click the link dumbass.

Record: 39-43, Finished 3rd in NBA Pacific Division

2013/2014 season, chump

Will Hunting
10-08-2018, 04:40 PM
That roster is complete garage, pop couldn't get a better roster to 50 wins last year so idk what you're going on about lol
:lol I’m not sure how anyone can look at that roster and think it’s capable of 50 wins