PDA

View Full Version : NBA: What team should move to Seattle?

KnicksInHerMouth
10-06-2018, 07:18 PM
It's pretty obvious that Seattle deserves a team. Which of these teams should move to Seattle and make the situation right?

1. Los Angeles Clippers
Nobody will ever care about this team and even less people cared when Lob City got broken up.

2. New Orleans Pelicans
When Davis leaves, this city is going to be a basketball black hole.

3. Brooklyn Nets
New York only needs one team and Barclays is trash as a venue.

4. Memphis Grizzlies
Without revenue sharing, this team would be dead and gone. Plus their very existence in the Western Conference is an insult to the entire field of geography.

Spurtacular
10-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Cross 1 and 3 off the list. They're not leaving the biggest markets.

Clipper Nation
10-06-2018, 10:00 PM
None. They should get an expansion team.

Kobe'sAchilles
10-06-2018, 10:06 PM
I went to a Memphis game when I was visiting Graceland and they were selling tickets for literally $2. It was laughable. The arena was so empty and they have the worst sound effects in all of sports. Like it's unbelievably bad. So they get my vote.
On a side note- the players love partying in New Orleans too much for them to move the franchise tbh. Also Clips and Nets both just spent like a billion dollars on their new arenas so they are out too

baseline bum
10-06-2018, 10:25 PM
They had their chance a decade ago. I can sympathize with Seattle not wanting to build Food Stamps Stadium for the Sonics, but sadly that's the cost of having a team when you're not LA, NY, Chicago, or San Francisco.

Bynumite
10-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Seattle SpurSonics has a nice ring to it.

LkrFan
10-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Seattle SpurSonics has a nice ring to it.

:lol

Pavlov
10-06-2018, 11:19 PM
Seattle SpurSonics has a nice ring to it.Would have to wait for the current lease to run out, then they'd just move to Austin anyway.

Kurgan
10-07-2018, 12:53 AM
It's pretty obvious that Seattle deserves a team. Which of these teams should move to Seattle and make the situation right?

1. Los Angeles Clippers
Nobody will ever care about this team and even less people cared when Lob City got broken up.

2. New Orleans Pelicans
When Davis leaves, this city is going to be a basketball black hole.

3. Brooklyn Nets
New York only needs one team and Barclays is trash as a venue.

4. Memphis Grizzlies
Without revenue sharing, this team would be dead and gone. Plus their very existence in the Western Conference is an insult to the entire field of geography.

lol at Nets and Clippers being on this list. You don't move teams from the biggest two markets in the country to fucking Seattle. And yeah, the Nets are a joke of a franchise but what's wrong with the arena? It's no MSG but the atmosphere is still much better than the Meadowlands.

Mitch
10-07-2018, 02:10 AM
Spurs, Texas doesn't need 3 teams tbh.

Chillen
10-07-2018, 08:03 AM

Haha California has 4 NBA basketball teams.

I think what team should move to Seattle it's easy the Grizzlies should become the Sonics. They were originally based in Vancouver, Canada.

DMC
10-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Orlando Magic

KnicksInHerMouth
10-07-2018, 02:33 PM
The Clippers do not have a new arena yet nor have they broken ground on one. Secondly, owning your own market is better than being the JV team in NY/LA.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-07-2018, 02:36 PM
DMC The Magic just got a new arena. I don't expect them to move but if they did, it would probably be to Tampa Bay, not Seattle.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-07-2018, 02:44 PM

California only needs 2 teams tbh.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Would have to wait for the current lease to run out, then they'd just move to Austin anyway.

Why would they move to a college town with an older arena?

Mitch
10-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Three is enough, tbh. Kings should piss off to a state that needes one, though.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Three is enough, tbh. Kings should piss off to a state that needes one, though.

Nah if we're really being honest, one is enough, since the entire state roots for the Warriors anyway. Sacramento just got a new arena, of course they are not moving.

daslicer
10-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Nah if we're really being honest, one is enough, since the entire state roots for the Warriors anyway. Sacramento just got a new arena, of course they are not moving.

:lmao

Pavlov
10-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Why would they move to a college town with an older arena?Money.

It would be a new arena.

You're not good at this.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Money.

It would be a new arena.

You're not good at this.

New arena? Paid for by whom? Built where? In the only hypothetical that seems remotely possible, you think the Spurs would leave town to share a new arena with a college basketball team?

Being corrected isn't the end of the world, try not to fall out of your high chair.

Pavlov
10-07-2018, 04:00 PM
New arena? Paid for by whom? Built where? In the only hypothetical that seems remotely possible, you think the Spurs would leave town to share a new arena with a college basketball team? Yeah, I do. If they don't get what they want in SA, there is a shit ton of money up here that doesn't care about UT at all.

Mitch
10-07-2018, 04:54 PM

Nah, the Lakerfans switched to Clipper fans and back to Laker fans. Most dub fans were just part of the fairweather fanbase who always shift to a different team like Cavs or Heat.

Clipper Nation
10-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Nah, the Lakerfans switched to Clipper fans and back to Laker fans. Most dub fans were just part of the fairweather fanbase who always shift to a different team like Cavs or Heat.
:lol Bullshit. Lakerfan switched to the Warriors in droves, both for the front-running and so they could keep hating on LeBron and propping up Kobe.

Mitch
10-07-2018, 05:09 PM
:lol Bullshit. Lakerfan switched to the Warriors in droves, both for the front-running and so they could keep hating on LeBron and propping up Kobe.

:lol I fucking saw with my own eyes lakerfans becoming clipper fans in droves. Sure plenty switched to dubs, but 80% of the fairweather faggots went to Clippers. I see people breaking out the KB8 and KB24 jerseys again after dropping their blake ones, this is real life in LA

Clipper Nation
10-07-2018, 05:24 PM
:lol I fucking saw with my own eyes lakerfans becoming clipper fans in droves. Sure plenty switched to dubs, but 80% of the fairweather faggots went to Clippers. I see people breaking out the KB8 and KB24 jerseys again after dropping their blake ones, this is real life in LA
:lol From "the Lakerfans switched to Clipper fans" to "plenty switched to dubs." Those goalposts are moving real quick.

Mitch
10-07-2018, 09:56 PM
:lol From "the Lakerfans switched to Clipper fans" to "plenty switched to dubs." Those goalposts are moving real quick.

20% is plenty, boyo

Xevious
10-08-2018, 01:52 AM
Agreed. The Lakers should go home to Minneapolis.

Then you could send the Timberwolves to Seattle. Done, problem solved.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I do. If they don't get what they want in SA, there is a shit ton of money up here that doesn't care about UT at all.

That "money" has no problem going to San Antonio to watch games. Plus Austin already has a G league team. It's not a major market. Boulder Colorado has a lot money. That doesn't mean they are getting the Nuggets.

Pavlov
10-08-2018, 01:50 PM
That "money" has no problem going to San Antonio to watch games.No one does that.

swrowe78
10-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Clippers. Why would anyone in LA be a Clippers fan when they have the Lakers? People in LA only root for the Clippers when the Lakers suck. I think they have very few real fans to be honest. They will always be a spare team unless they move.

KnicksInHerMouth
10-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Pavlov I'm sure you have broad knowledge of what people do there, living somewhere else while being a Lakers fan. Stick to what you know, which so far, is nothing.

Pavlov
10-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Pavlov I'm sure you have broad knowledge of what people do there, living somewhere else while being a Lakers fan. Stick to what you know, which so far, is nothing.:lol you really might be new here.

10-11-2018, 11:20 AM
That train wreck of a franchise that is the Minnesota Timberwolves.

TXstbobcat
10-11-2018, 04:47 PM
That train wreck of a franchise that is the Minnesota Timberwolves.

i lived in Minneapolis for 10 years and I don’t think anyone up there would really care. It’s a hockey and a football city. The only time that people I knew up there would go to wolves games were when the tickets were free.

Dex
10-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Clippers. Why would anyone in LA be a Clippers fan when they have the Lakers? People in LA only root for the Clippers when the Lakers suck. I think they have very few real fans to be honest. They will always be a spare team unless they move.

If you don't have your own damn arena, you shouldn't be an NBA team, tbh.

Dingle Barry
10-18-2018, 03:10 AM
The Kings. Sacramento doesn't need a pro team.