PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray Injury Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gambit1990
10-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Dejounte Murray (knee/leg) is headed to the locker room.

Murray went down hard after appearing to twist his knee and was down on the ground in a good amount of pain for a few minutes. The Spurs medical staff brought out a wheelchair to get him off the court, but he waved it off and was eventually able to walk back to the locker room under his own power.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/365727/dejounte-murray-(knee)-headed-to-locker-room

Mr. Body
10-07-2018, 04:22 PM
Good Christ.

smaka
10-07-2018, 04:23 PM
My guess is torn meniscus. Damn it. Just tank the season.

gambit1990
10-07-2018, 04:31 PM
i missed it but from what i read on twitter i could imagine it being an acl injury.

davidbowie
10-07-2018, 04:36 PM
meanwhile kawhi's gonna be mvp this year

this season already a waste

cd98
10-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Players have kept playing with an ACL tear. Rondo did it.

davidbowie
10-07-2018, 04:37 PM
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1049050138193223680

iGetbuckets
10-07-2018, 04:38 PM
meanwhile kawhi's gonna be mvp this year

this season already a waste

Yeah right lol Doubt he plays more then 65 games

TheGreatYacht
10-07-2018, 04:40 PM
It was only a matter of time. Once that faggot dabom put him as his avi and shined his balls like he did Kawhi's, his destiny was sealed.

emanueldavidginobili
10-07-2018, 04:41 PM
I’m sick

HankChinaski
10-07-2018, 04:44 PM
You guys can be so pathetic with your knee jerk reactions. Injuries happen hope for the best an move forward.

tbdog
10-07-2018, 04:47 PM
I was thinking we were going into the season healthy. No Leonard. No gay injury management. Same for Parker. No Manu old management. 2 games in a row and our two young guys down.

ceperez
10-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Opportunity for White to get a ton of minutes at point.

Keepin' it real
10-07-2018, 04:53 PM
I’m sick

https://www.quiz-questions-game.com/wp-content/uploads/forrest-gump-rain-meme-602330.jpg

Leetonidas
10-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Time for white to step up

Kobe'sAchilles
10-07-2018, 04:57 PM
:pctoss
Time to tank

SAGirl
10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
This sucks

Stabula
10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
LOL

JakeCuenca
10-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Spurs medical stuff :lmao

8FOR!3
10-07-2018, 05:06 PM
You guys can be so pathetic with your knee jerk reactions. Injuries happen hope for the best an move forward.

Seriously. Especially with the Kawhi envy, the dude didn't want to be on the team anymore. Now he's gone, it's time to get over it. If he's the MVP in Toronto good for him, doesn't change the fact that he didn't want to play for us anymore so who cares.

TDMVPDPOY
10-07-2018, 05:12 PM
means... more shittymills and gleague forbes

valleybeyond
10-07-2018, 05:15 PM

tbh...i realize injuries are part of the sport, etc. but my goodness the last two years have not show a kind trend w/ these guys....

Dex
10-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Fuck beans.

Pretty much every reasonable take has said that in order for the Spurs to be a legitimate contender, Murray has to take it to another level.

Instead, he could be out for half the fucking season if it's an ACL or MCL. It's like last year all over again.

Stabula
10-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Glad I'm not emotionally invested :lol

Dex
tbh...i realize injuries are part of the sport, etc. but my goodness the last two years have not show a kind trend w/ these guys....

It's not a good look for them, whether its legitimate criticism or not. Some injuries can't be avoided...but with the dark cloud that was cast by Kawhi's whole deal, people are going to scrutinize the hell out of Walker's recovery, and now we may have to add Murray to that list.

kjhip1
give manu a call? "hey so i know you retired, but...."

Dex
10-07-2018, 05:19 PM
give manu a call? "hey so i know you retired, but...."

At this point we may have to give Dez fucking Bryant a call.

Robz4000
Fuck beans.

Pretty much every reasonable take has said that in order for the Spurs to be a legitimate contender, Murray has to take it to another level.

Instead, he could be out for half the fucking season if it's an ACL or MCL. It's like last year all over again.

If it's an ACL/MCL he won't play this season.

SpurPadre
Dropping like fucking flies...smh

kjhip1
10-07-2018, 05:21 PM

:lol well its going to one of heck of a season...hoping murray injury is not too serious

TD 21
10-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I believe the Celtics cleaned house after Thomas was misdiagnosed. They didn't get a Green misdiagnosis, a Walker torn meniscus and a Murray to be determined.

Similar to Parker's, I know it was a freak accident, but at some point the bill has to come due for this medical staff. I don't care about their long term track record or how highly regarded they are.

Before the apologists respond, I'm not necessarily blaming them. I'm just saying, this is generally how it works. The cliché, it's a results oriented business, applies to more than just your win-loss record.

valleybeyond
10-07-2018, 05:26 PM
It's not a good look for them, whether its legitimate criticism or not. Some injuries can't be avoided...but with the dark cloud that was cast by Kawhi's whole deal, people are going to scrutinize the hell out of Walker's recovery, and now we may have to add Murray to that list.

yepp- not to mention the training staff and them getting scrutinized/questioned on precautionary measures too. danny's groin, nephew's quad, walker (he was a walking risk, but lay ppl won't care about that), now murray's ____

valleybeyond
10-07-2018, 05:26 PM
I believe the Celtics cleaned house after Thomas was misdiagnosed. They didn't get a Green misdiagnosis, a Walker torn meniscus and a Murray to be determined.

Similar to Parker's, I know it was a freak accident, but at some point the bill has to come due for this medical staff. I don't care about their long term track record or how highly regarded they are.

Before the apologists respond, I'm not necessarily blaming them. I'm just saying, this is generally how it works. The cliché, it's a results oriented business, applies to more than just your win-loss record.

+1

Spurs2019
10-07-2018, 05:29 PM

Season hasn't started already want to tank the season

Russ
10-07-2018, 05:30 PM

How is the medical staff responsible for Walker's meniscus injury?

baseline bum
10-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Aw fucking hell. Murray was the player I was most excited to watch this season. So does DeRozan tear his achilles next game?

baseline bum
10-07-2018, 05:33 PM

If Murray really tore his ACL the Spurs won't need to tank the season. They'll already be deep in the lottery.

JeffDuncan
10-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Hey, don't fight it. Go with it. Start a betting pool. "Who's the next Spur to be injured?" Donate half the proceeds to charity. Medical research.

baseline bum
10-07-2018, 05:37 PM
I seriously thought this was a troll thread when I saw the title, having forgotten about the game today. :pctoss

ace3g
10-07-2018, 05:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DejounteStan/status/1049065917332770817

Harry Callahan
10-07-2018, 05:44 PM
How is it the medical staffs fault when Walker has a non-contact injury they did not repair initially? You can't just go into a knee again on a whim.

How is it the medical staff's fault when DJ steps wrong and gets hurt?

How is it the medical staff's fault when a player cooks up an injury and hides from said medical staff while in NY?

I'm starting to question my auto renew on NBA league pass, though, This is starting to look like a sub-500 club for the first time in 22 years. I hope DJ can get well soon, but it's looking really bad for the Silver and Black right now. A big chunk of their athletic talent (young athletic) talent is going to miss significant chunks of a season that has not started yet.

On top of that, another non-contact injury. Ridiculous.

kobyz
10-07-2018, 05:45 PM

bklynspursfan
10-07-2018, 05:53 PM

wildcardX
10-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Players have kept playing with an ACL tear. Rondo did it.

Some athletes have been able to continue a game with a full ACL tear due to the hamstrings acting like stabilizers for the knee and the nerves being severed. A partial tear is when an athlete has to come out of the game due to some stress on the left over ACL and nerve inflammation.

A bonus question on a test I had in school a while back.

Harry Callahan
10-07-2018, 05:56 PM
I hope DJ is OK. This has been a bad last few days.

bklynspursfan
Maybe it won't be as serious as we fear. Walking out on his own and with it iced is a good sign

tonight...you
Very much hope that's a great sign.

Russ
10-07-2018, 06:00 PM

If Jabari Young sees a "good sign" that just about seals it as a serious injury.

"Please keep this young man in your prayers" doesn't sound too encouraging either

Nevertheless, let's be optimistic because the alternative is just not fathomable.

Kool Bob Love
10-07-2018, 06:02 PM
#teamtank

objective
10-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Hope it's just a sprain

Murray also freaked when he sprained his ankle in Phoenix and only missed one game. Hopefully this is a similar situation

John B
10-07-2018, 06:14 PM
If Jabari Young sees a "good sign" that just about seals it as a serious injury.

"Please keep this young man in your prayers" doesn't sound too encouraging either

Nevertheless, let's be optimistic because the alternative is just not fathomable.
I hope you’re right

slick'81
10-07-2018, 06:15 PM
There goes the season! That looked fucking awful but i guess well see.Patty mils time

Pavlov
10-07-2018, 06:20 PM

:lol You're so good at coaching and managing and owning NBA teams!

Mikeanaro
10-07-2018, 06:23 PM
He was never that good anyway.

TD 21
10-07-2018, 06:26 PM
:lol You're so good at coaching and managing and owning NBA teams!

But not quite as good as you are at being a front office apologist. :lmao

superbigtime
10-07-2018, 06:28 PM
sucks

Pavlov
10-07-2018, 06:34 PM
But not quite as good as you are at being a front office apologist. :lmaoNot apologizing for anything.

Things just are. There's nothing you can do about it except act like you're the greatest NBA coach/GM/owner/player all in one who ever lived and get even more angry when no one gives a shit about you.

MannyIsGod
10-07-2018, 06:34 PM

You're just on full meltdown mode aren't you? In preseason? lol Players getting hurt is now on the staff? Literally every NBA team faces injuries. Do you think the Spurs staff has some kind of higher injury record than the rest of the NBA? No, you have no idea if they do because you're just emotionally responding to this. If the Spurs somehow have a higher incidence of injury than the rest of the league, your comments would be somewhat valid (and not fully because thats not why you're making them) but considering how rare long term injuries are with this team over the past 2 decades I have a seriously hard time believing that.

I think is fucking laughable you want to lay a non contact meniscus tear at their feet. From a rookie who was going to go much higher in the draft but fell due to injury concerns. Probably their fault Blair had no ACLs too.

Pavlov
10-07-2018, 06:35 PM
You're just on full meltdown mode aren't you? In preseason? lol Players getting hurt is now on the staff? Literally every NBA team faces injuries. Do you think the Spurs staff has some kind of higher injury record than the rest of the NBA? No, you have no idea if they do because you're just emotionally responding to this. If the Spurs somehow have a higher incidence of injury than the rest of the league, your comments would be somewhat valid (and not fully because thats not why you're making them) but considering how rare long term injuries are with this team over the past 2 decades I have a seriously hard time believing that.

I think is fucking laughable you want to lay a non contact meniscus tear at their feet. Probably their fault Blair had no ACLs too.APOLOGIST!

marinoman
10-07-2018, 06:45 PM
I’ll wait to see the mri and after seeing derrick white today, good god please be healthy

timvp
10-07-2018, 07:19 PM

That looked bad. Anything better than a torn ACL would be good news.

Scottstarbuck785
10-07-2018, 07:22 PM
There goes the log jam at the guard position I guess.

sasaint
10-07-2018, 08:00 PM
How is it the medical staffs fault when Walker has a non-contact injury they did not repair initially? You can't just go into a knee again on a whim.

How is it the medical staff's fault when a player cooks up an injury and hides from said medical staff while in NY?

I'm starting to question my auto renew on NBA league pass, though, This is starting to look like a sub-500 club for the first time in 22 years. I hope DJ can get well soon, but it's looking really bad for the Silver and Black right now. A big chunk of their athletic talent (young athletic) talent is going to miss significant chunks of a season that has not started yet.

For better or worse, these two injuries may have increased the likelihood that PATFO makes some kind of trade to remain "competitive."

hater
10-07-2018, 08:02 PM
What da fuck

hater
10-07-2018, 08:03 PM

That looked bad. Anything better than a torn ACL would be good news.

Hes fine niga

:tu

Nobull
10-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Some athletes have been able to continue a game with a full ACL tear due to the hamstrings acting like stabilizers for the knee and the nerves being severed. A partial tear is when an athlete has to come out of the game due to some stress on the left over ACL and nerve inflammation.

A bonus question on a test I had in school a while back.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

The people who tear their acl and have no pain is due to no meniscus damage.
The meniscus being damage cause the pain. An ACL tear is actually painless because of the lack of nerves.

loveforthegame
10-07-2018, 08:28 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1049095942740344832

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1049099998871339008

https://mobile.twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/1049074112893603840

R. DeMurre
10-07-2018, 08:41 PM
All these posts about the medical staff are hilarious. You guys are looking for a team of Nostrodamuses. Are you expecting a doctor to look at Murray or Walker and say, "You're knee is ok right now, but it will tear on a non contact play at 6:38 in the 3rd quarter?"

coachmac87
10-07-2018, 08:54 PM

I think is fucking laughable you want to lay a non contact meniscus tear at their feet. From a rookie who was going to go much higher in the draft but fell due to injury concerns. Probably their fault Blair had no ACLs too.

Damn

rasuo214
10-07-2018, 09:07 PM
If Murray is out for an extended period then they should just go full rebuild. Trade Derozan and LMA for young talent and draft picks. Take on shit deals to improve the offer if they have to (no serious FA is gonna sign here anyways) and focus on the future. A top 5 pick, + Murray, Walker, is a nice base plus whatever they can get for Derozan and LMA. That is what I wanted the Spurs to do before the Derozan deal but hopefully they'll come to their sense instead of trying to go for a lower seed playoff run and early exit.

Keepin' it real
10-07-2018, 09:13 PM
yepp- not to mention the training staff and them getting scrutinized/questioned on precautionary measures too. danny's groin, nephew's quad, walker (he was a walking risk, but lay ppl won't care about that), now murray's ____

Yup, the other day I twisted my ankle stepping on a cracked sidewalk. My first thought was, "Damn Spurs medical/training staff."

daslicer
10-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Yup, the other day I twisted my ankle stepping on a cracked sidewalk. My first thought was, "Damn Spurs medical/training staff."

:lol

J_Paco
10-07-2018, 09:17 PM

Sure, because the medical staff can some stop any injuries from happening. The amount of stupid from the trolls....

Emperor
10-07-2018, 09:17 PM
If Murray is out for an extended period then they should just go full rebuild. Trade Derozan and LMA for young talent and draft picks. Take on shit deals to improve the offer if they have to (no serious FA is gonna sign here anyways) and focus on the future. A top 5 pick, + Murray, Walker, is a nice base plus whatever they can get for Derozan and LMA. That is what I wanted the Spurs to do before the Derozan deal but hopefully they'll come to their sense instead of trying to go for a lower seed playoff run and early exit.

You'd seriously suck as a GM.

MaNu4Tres
10-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Fuck beans.

The whole season if its an ACL tear.

gambit1990
10-07-2018, 09:26 PM
i wonder what kawhi trade offers the spurs turned down because they didn't wanna include murray.

J_Paco
10-07-2018, 09:27 PM
But not quite as good as you are at being a front office apologist. :lmao

Yeah, the front office that has 5 championships, 4 first ballot HOFers and a immaculate reputation. I'll take their judgement and decisions - regardless of result - over any "realist" fan.

SAGirl
10-07-2018, 09:38 PM
I am hoping it’s a knee sprain kind of like the one Kyle suffered last season. His injury was also on a drive to the basket, his knee got some pressure sideways from a guy (incidentally the Huestis that’s now in China), he fell with significant pain and it looked really ugly. He got up and walked with some assistance but it was an mcl grade 1 sprain. He was back within 2 1/2 weeks and was fine the rest of the season having missed just 9 games. I am hoping Murray’s thing is similar... fingers crossed

SAGirl
10-07-2018, 09:52 PM
You know they are going to go for the lower seed and early exit if they can...

That being said, I have a good feeling about it in the sense that I think it’s just a sprain and he will be back soon. Nostradamus this one tho.

brhymes
10-07-2018, 10:02 PM
I am hoping it’s a knee sprain kind of like the one Kyle suffered last season. His injury was also on a drive to the basket, his knee got some pressure sideways from a guy (incidentally the Huestis that’s now in China), he fell with significant pain and it looked really ugly. He got up and walked with some assistance but it was an mcl grade 1 sprain. He was back within 2 1/2 weeks and was fine the rest of the season having missed just 9 games. I am hoping Murray’s thing is similar... fingers crossed

Hope you’re right.

bklynspursfan
10-07-2018, 10:05 PM

I was just about to post about that.. feels like we could use a break, hopefully this isn't as bad as it looks.

SpursScandal
10-07-2018, 10:12 PM
The amount of cr*zy, ret*rded Spurs "fans" here are funny. 😁 I subscribed here for the laught but sometimes, it's just sad to think that they are also Spurs fans too.

kobyz
10-07-2018, 10:18 PM
All these posts about the medical staff are hilarious. You guys are looking for a team of Nostrodamuses. Are you expecting a doctor to look at Murray or Walker and say, "You're knee is ok right now, but it will tear on a non contact play at 6:38 in the 3rd quarter?"
It's an injury of a player being in too much stress, i except a modern medical stuff to find when a player is in too much stress that expose him to injury and react accordingly...

valleybeyond
10-07-2018, 10:21 PM

lol- see previous posts/back and forth about perception vs legitimacy of blame. are they to blame? absolutely not. will murray and walker's progress from these injuries come under close observation from potential FAs/talent (in the aftermath of nephew's antics followed by green's claims)? i certainly think so.

regardless, on watching the replay, at least there wasn't any direct lateral contact to the knee- offers some hope its not one of the terrible triad

kobyz
10-07-2018, 10:22 PM
I was just about to post about that.. feels like we could use a break, hopefully this isn't as bad as it looks.

Not look the same at all, in dejonte case you can see the knee just gave up on him, it's a season ending for sure!

offset formation
10-07-2018, 10:26 PM
This sucks

Memphis be calling your name, amirite?

SAGirl
10-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Memphis be calling your name, amirite?
None of your business fam...

rasuo214
10-07-2018, 10:30 PM

Maybe, I don't drink and drive...

offset formation
10-07-2018, 10:30 PM

Jesus, how does a guy get a national beat position with grammar like that. Makes me want to tear my eyeballs out.

offset formation
10-07-2018, 10:31 PM
None of your business fam...

You make it my bidness by proudly prostituting yourself to other teams than making out like you didn't say it.

rasuo214
10-07-2018, 10:32 PM
You know they are going to go for the lower seed and early exit if they can...

That being said, I have a good feeling about it in the sense that I think it’s just a sprain and he will be back soon. Nostradamus this one tho.

I hope you're right and Murray is ok. It didn't look good but like posted Kyle's injury looked similar.

SAGirl
10-07-2018, 10:39 PM
You make it my bidness by proudly prostituting yourself to other teams than making out like you didn't say it.
You have turned into such a stalker gestapo dude.

kobyz
10-07-2018, 10:54 PM
The season is already over we all just need to go cheer for toronto and our beloved kawhi this year, not to hold any grudge and accept he did the right decision to leave this fucked up place...

tbdog
10-07-2018, 10:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=24925005 via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Emperor
10-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Maybe, I don't drink and drive...

pgardn
10-07-2018, 11:09 PM

Wtf ARE you trying to say?

Murray gets injured and you are not necessarily blaming the staff.
But you use the injury to take a shot.

Pitiful take.

ulosturedge
10-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Walking out on your own power means nothing. If it popped, it's gone. Even if it's partially torn it's done. You will just finish it off the next chance you get lol. And no you can't play with torn acl's. You can run straight lines, but if you are trying to make cuts you are fucked. You'll start damaging the cartilage on the sides of your knee, and put stress on other ligaments in your knee. If that knee came out away from the leg too far it's sayonara.

Dverde
10-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Good news is we guard heavy, bad news is most our guards suck. Never a bigger time for Patty Mills to step up.

RD2191
10-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Good news is we guard heavy, bad news is most our guards suck. Never a bigger time for Patty Mills to step up.

The only thing Mills is stepping up to is the buffet line.

Mikeanaro
10-07-2018, 11:48 PM
Seriously, Derozan and LMA sell tickets and are not TOSB, what the fuck is he thinking?

Mikeanaro
10-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Also, he still bets on midrange shots?
No 3 pointers?
Spurs are not missing anything, Murray could have a couple nice games vs shitty teams and nothing else.

Em-City
10-08-2018, 12:11 AM
Prayers up... Two potential cornerstones of the franchise down in a matter of days

Nivek_ogre
10-08-2018, 12:14 AM
The season is already over we all just need to go cheer for toronto and our beloved kawhi this year, not to hold any grudge and accept he did the right decision to leave this fucked up place...
Geez your a huge pussy

BackHome
10-08-2018, 12:25 AM
:lmao

Ice009
10-08-2018, 12:27 AM
Stop fucking crying all you SOFT ASS motherfuckers. I feel like belting the shit out of all of you guys that are already calling the season over.

FUCKING BITCHES. "the season's over". FUCKING STRAIGHT pussies that would get mashed in a fight.

And who gives a fuck if Lonnie and Murray are out. Fucking weak ass motherfuckers need to stop being so brittle. Work on your bodies, get your nutrition correct. Spurs also need to look at getting better trainers, cause whoever the fuck they're using now seem pretty mediocre towards getting players prepared for a full NBA season.

I'm now more than ever curious to see how Kawhi goes playing a full season away from the Spurs. Let's see if his minutes are limited, and if not, lets see how he performs with more minutes instead of this retarded rest, rest, rest shit that the Spurs have been pushing these past few years, which only seems to create weak, brittle players with no stamina. I'm always going to be from the Tim Grover school. You can't ever test your limits or learn to push through and perform while fatigued in the biggest games in the playoffs if you never have to do it at any point throughout the season at all.

Spurs fever
10-08-2018, 01:09 AM
Damn..

Chillen
10-08-2018, 01:12 AM
Damn already two injuries in the preseason and the latest Murray injury hurts even more. Got to play and compete with what you have, so the funny thing is Spurs should could use Tony Parker now.

Prose
10-08-2018, 01:13 AM
I was thinking we were going into the season healthy. No Leonard. No gay injury management. Same for Parker. No Manu old management. 2 games in a row and our two young guys down.

Prose
10-08-2018, 01:15 AM

99 Problems
10-08-2018, 01:18 AM
Can only but hope. Remember a few seasons back, late, Timmeth’s knee buckled under him and we looked done only to be not bad.

Prose
10-08-2018, 01:26 AM
Hoping it’s a mcl sprain 🤞

siraulo23
10-08-2018, 01:38 AM
wow that sucks, i was really excited to see the young guys especially Murray

szkorhetz
10-08-2018, 01:55 AM
I am starting to believe that we should sign Crawford..
White/Mills/DDR won't cut it..

kobyz
10-08-2018, 03:41 AM
Geez your a huge pussy

why cause i'm keeping it real and go with kawhi side in the story and not the spurs and the mainstream media?

Ice009
10-08-2018, 04:03 AM
why cause i'm keeping it real and go with kawhi side in the story and not the spurs and the mainstream media?

Stop being an emo pussy and crying about everything with every post.

Coach X
10-08-2018, 04:35 AM
:wakeup There is a lot of overreaction around here.

Watching the clip you can say that probably is not that bad. Anyways, let's wait for the diagnosis at least before jumping off the cliff. It's a knee injury, the range of possibilities goes from season-ending injury to minor injury. You have to wait for the MRI and sometimes the joint exact status is only revealed during the arthroscopy.

Jesus, how does a guy get a national beat position with grammar like that. Makes me want to tear my eyeballs out.
Jabari Young representing new sports "journalism". These parasites just hang around players and teams trying to get their "insights". Their writing is as poor as mine but at least I've a reason for it: I'm not from an English speaking country and I'm learning the language!

ElNono
10-08-2018, 04:47 AM
If turns out to be serious, he can certainly go back to making YouTube videos with that skank, tbh, IMO.

MaNu4Tres
10-08-2018, 05:57 AM
I am starting to believe that we should sign Crawford..
White/Mills/DDR won't cut it..

Lmao. Nooo Thank You.

Brazil
10-08-2018, 07:09 AM
If turns out to be serious, he can certainly go back to making YouTube videos with that skank, tbh, IMO.

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Well there’s a silver lining :lmao

Mugen
10-08-2018, 09:07 AM

crofl

Russ
10-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Spurs are in a tough spot re this MRI.

Trying to sell season tickets in what already was the least appealing season in years.

Now they have to announce (potentially) that their most exciting young player -- the future -- is gone for the year.

Might they try to sugarcoat it with some qualified diagnosis that doesn't reveal the real gravity of the injury?

Hopefully, this is just a hypothetical and DJ will be fine.

baseline bum
10-08-2018, 10:01 AM

Can do porntube too. She can even call in Parker when the Hornets come to town.

rjv
10-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Wtf ARE you trying to say?

Murray gets injured and you are not necessarily blaming the staff.
But you use the injury to take a shot.

Pitiful take.

par for the course from TD lately. he went from being one of the better posters to one of the worst.

BackHome
10-08-2018, 10:40 AM
Yeah he used to be good but ever since his idol KY went to Toronto he has been as salty as Fuck.

Big Empty
10-08-2018, 11:25 AM
If he is out an extended period we’ll lose a good defensive player but Mr Whites shooting may make up for it. We’ve seen what he can do in summer league play.

exstatic
10-08-2018, 11:26 AM

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 11:32 AM

People and their crazy theories that the Spurs medical staff suddenly can't do it's job. Rarely did we have injuries like this, they've always been top notch. Some just can't be prevented.

buujness
10-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Torn Right ACL, according to Michael C. Wright.

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 11:55 AM

Immortal Spur
10-08-2018, 11:56 AM
shit man... that sucks soo freaking bad man

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 11:56 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :pctoss

R. DeMurre
10-08-2018, 11:57 AM
damn...

Immortal Spur
10-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Get a second opinion young buck

FkLA
The curse of the retard.

SAGirl
Oh shit! It should have been a warning that I thought he was going to be fine. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Lonnie will play sooner and that’s something I didn’t really believe was going to happen. I was surprisingly calm hoping for the best.

bklynspursfan
So DeRozan is our starting PG basically now.

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Thanks for posting. :pctoss:pctoss

Gordy58
10-08-2018, 11:59 AM
I feel like this means we keep nick johnson somehow, D. white should get the starting nod with Demar, Rudy, LA, and Poetl

Immortal Spur
10-08-2018, 12:00 PM
What veteran pg is on the market?

FkLA
10-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I feel like this means we keep nick johnson somehow, D. white should get the starting nod with Demar, Rudy, LA, and Poetl

Might be a blessing in disguise, honestly. White is a better fit with the starters than DJ.

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

Dre_7
10-08-2018, 12:02 PM
White is gonna have to grow up quickly now

superbigtime
10-08-2018, 12:03 PM
ACL

Keepin' it real
10-08-2018, 12:03 PM
More playing time for Forbes. Yay!

smaka
10-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Damn... Out for the season probably.

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 12:06 PM
White is gonna have to grow up quickly now

Ew.

boutons_deux
10-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Get a second opinion young buck

I'm sure they used high-Tesla MRI machine and got really detailed images.

Then, how varied would opinions be on how to fix it? not much

SpursDynasty85
10-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Might be a blessing in disguise, honestly. White is a better fit with the starters than DJ.

White with Murray was also a good fit. Spurstalk will get there wish with Derrick white getting his minutes this year at least

DJR210
Tank it..

Fucking sucks to be a Spurs and Cowboys fan. I feel like putting a shotgun in my mouth and pulling the trigger with my big toe.

loveforthegame
Sucks. :td

Big Empty
10-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Yep. Out for the season. We still have other PGs atleast

superbigtime
10-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Could really use TP, Kyle. White can't handle this.

ceperez
10-08-2018, 12:11 PM
So Walker will be back before Murray.

Just insane!

Dex
10-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Tank it..

Fucking sucks to be a Spurs and Cowboys fan. I feel like putting a shotgun in my mouth and pulling the trigger with my big toe.

I know man. As awesome as Saturday was for sports (TX beats OU, McGregor fight goes bonkers)...yesterday was equally as shitty.

Cowboys have a worse record than the fucking Cleveland Browns, and the Spurs suddenly look like they will be putting on a repeat performance of last season.

r0drig0lac
10-08-2018, 12:12 PM

nah, it's just a curse, pure and simple

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Mugen
10-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Welp, the blow it up narrative after last season doesn't seem too stupid now.

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 12:14 PM
So does Walker actually get minutes now once he comes back, or does Pop rest the Glass Knee Bros together all season?

emanueldavidginobili
This is terrible. And it’s even more terrible because Lonnie went down too. If he was healthy he would get thrown into the fire for sure.

Mugen
Tank it..

Spurs and Raiders fan is worse tbh, at least the Dodgers still give me a glimmer of hope tbh. :wakeup

timvp
10-08-2018, 12:15 PM

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:15 PM

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:16 PM
I still think we make the playoffs fwiw. But man, this is such a blow to our perimeter D and being able to push the ball.

gospursgojas
10-08-2018, 12:17 PM

“Life goes on”

Pop with his usual :pop: It’s Just Basketball take.

Ron Swanson
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

jeebus
Could always bring back Neal. Pop loved playing him at PG.

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
If the Spurs have a slow start to the season due to trying to acclimate DeRozan and LMA together, they're not making the playoffs. Guaran-sheed. You can't fuck around in the west unless there's a string of injuries for other teams too.

benefactor
Welp...at least it looks like the Longhorns might actually save my sports year. Never would have thought that.:lol

TimDunkem
“Life goes on”

"Life goes on...Besides, we have Fatty Mills and a poor man's Delonte West with a Kyle Anderson forehead, Delonte White".

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Could always bring back Neal. Pop loved playing him at PG.

Let's bring back Money Mason too.

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:20 PM
“Life goes on”

Cause it is tbh. I'm sure he had a different message for DJ personally, but he still has a job to do, as does the team.

NASpurs
Nick Johnson might make the team due to recent circumstances. :lol

Mugen
would have been the perfect year to tank, could have gotten a couple of extra first rounders for LMA plus whatever young guys + picks we would have gotten for Kafaggot....at least I get to save some money on league pass this year :tu

bklynspursfan

Dex
So, implications from this...

-Derrick White is sure to see a lot more time this season, so he needs to get his shit together. For everybody who wanted him to be a key player, you just got your wish in the worst way.

-It will be interesting to see if Mills or White starts. I have a feeling that Mills will get the nod as he is the established vet and more familiar with the system, but I think we all agree that he fits better on the bench. His shooting could help space the floor for the starters though.

-This pretty much guarantees that we are gonna get to see a lot of Bryn Forbes, too.

-Demar's playmaking just became much more of an asset. You have to imagine he is going to have the ball in his hands a ton now.

-I have a feeling the team will have to keep Johnson around now unless they sign a different vet PG. Unfortunately, that will probably come at the expense of Blossomgame who has done all the team has asked of him, but one more lost guard would be a disaster otherwise.

ceperez
10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Worse off season ever. I can't take any more bad news.

White is also fragile. He had a lot of injuries last season and even in the Summer League. It's just going to get worse!

LaMarcus Bryant
10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
We're finished.

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Murray and Walker to Mills and Forbes.

PATFO fluffers are stroking their cocks right now.

spurraider21
well, there goes about the only exciting thing about this season

SAGirl
I am thinking Pop will probably go with Mills so as not to throw White on the deep end to start. Hopefully as the season progresses We see White gain confidence and be better.

Mugen
10-08-2018, 12:25 PM
well, there goes about the only exciting thing about this season

Don't worry bruh, at least we got the Raiders to take our minds off of this...

NASpurs
Murray and Walker to Mills and Forbes.

PATFO fluffers are stroking their cocks right now.

You thought last season was unwatchable, you haven't seen anything yet.

r0drig0lac
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

lmao

Spur|n|Austin
10-08-2018, 12:26 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qQ0jFhUiL6A/W7uTGLTXsqI/AAAAAAAAHuE/ERk3pdHKDAEDL2MiZjyDTIazGQHU81_-wCK8BGAs/s250/2018-10-08.gif

K...
10-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Why do people say "now you get white, suffer for it bitch" when last year was obviously a problem with Murray 1.0 and an inconsistent Parker? I get it white sucks based on recent play, but there'sa big gulf between stuck in g league and starting pg. I'm cool with sink or swim with White because there is no better option.

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:28 PM

Wait, you really think this season will be worse than last to watch?

Gay 100% and DeRozan alone will help big time offensively. We were terrible in that dept last season.

Mikeanaro
10-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Now Spurs will feel not having Manu breaking his body to save scrubs.

bklynspursfan
In other news

TimDunkem

You just knew Poop was going to go with Forbes over Walker because of his arbitrary rookie doghouse bullshit, but with Murray gone this is going to be unbearable.

Lots of lost fast break opportunities, and standing around Aldridge to chuck contested 3 pointers incoming, boys!

Mugen
10-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Even with the terrible luck, this season will easily be more watchable than last year. Still a terrible product to watch though tbh

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Even with the terrible luck, this season will easily be more watchable than last year. Still a terrible product to watch though tbh

That's like comparing a turd sandwhich to diarrhea soup.

Chinook
10-08-2018, 12:32 PM
In other news

Probably for the best, especially if they give him one of the two-ways like he deserves. Anyway, the reason why it could be good is that it implies they are going to acquire a free-agent PG like they should have from jump street.

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:32 PM
-I have a feeling the team will have to keep Johnson around now unless they sign a different vet PG. Unfortunately, that will probably come at the expense of Blossomgame who has done all the team has asked of him, but one more lost guard would be a disaster otherwise.

And immediately got cut. :lol

-gg Blossomgame

Dex
10-08-2018, 12:33 PM
In other news

Well that didn't take long.

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Probably for the best, especially if they give him one of the two-ways like he deserves. Anyway, the reason why it could be good is that it implies they are going to acquire a free-agent PG like they should have from jump street.

Are we at a Ty Lawson level of desperation? :lol

Might as well sign Jamal Crawford now. It's been coming.

cjw
10-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Are we at a Ty Lawson level of desperation? :lol

Might as well sign Jamal Crawford now. It's been coming.

How about Tony Parker? Oh wait, not even he’s available.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-08-2018, 12:38 PM
The over/under Spurs games bet at 42.5 now sounds like money in the bag going the other way

TimDunkem

He sucks anyway. Can barely get minutes on the Hornets.

LaMarcus Bryant
In other news

Fuck

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:39 PM
How about Tony Parker?

After he gets cut by the Hornets midseason, I could see it.

It'll mean that Brent goes running back to ESPN though.

Mugen
10-08-2018, 12:39 PM

Porky not being on the team is literally the only silver lining I'm still hanging onto from the offseason tbh

emanueldavidginobili
10-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Wouldn’t be shocked if they signed Jamal Crawford, he’s actually DJ mentor also

BillMc
10-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Is it too late to get Parker back?

Press for a buyout Tony!!!

BatManu20
10-08-2018, 12:42 PM
In a fucking preseason game. Unreal.

Chinook
10-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Wouldn’t be shocked if they signed Jamal Crawford, he’s actually DJ mentor also

That makes sense if White is going to start. I'm hoping for someone from LAC though. They have a ton of guards and can't keep them all.

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Jeff Ledbetter looms

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/headshots/dleague/1626586.png

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 12:43 PM
If the Spurs have a slow start to the season due to trying to acclimate DeRozan and LMA together, they're not making the playoffs. Guaran-sheed. You can't fuck around in the west unless there's a string of injuries for other teams too.
This is a good point. I hope Demar gets comfy quickly bc his plate just got a lot heavier.

I still feel positive about the season bc they still have their star players and Rudy has looked great, but I wonder how much of my optimism is just denial... and I also think the team is now more vulnerable defensively since Murray was such a great rebounder and perimeter defender. I have to think this is probably on the level of OKC losing Roberson for most of the season and in DJ’s case he was primed for a breakout year. It’s tough for him and the team. They are going to have to rely on their veterans a lot.

benfti
10-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Who is/will be available?

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:44 PM

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:45 PM
This is a good point. I hope Demar gets comfy quickly bc his plate just got a lot heavier.

I still feel positive about the season bc they still have their star players and Rudy has looked great, but I wonder how much of my optimism is just denial... and I also think the team is now more vulnerable defensively since Murray was such a great rebounder and perimeter defender. I have to think this is probably on the level of OKC losing Roberson for most of the season and in DJ’s case he was primed for a breakout year. It’s tough for him and the team. They are going to have to rely on their veterans a lot.

I totally forgot about that. Murray was supposed to be our Kawhi-lite defender that was supposed to take on the other team's best perimeter player. We're extra fucked.

RD2191
:lmao spurms but but our young prospects!! Should've packaged both of these injured bums for Butler. RC :lmao

BillMc
I've never seen a worse injury trend that did not involve Amused tbh.

playbonner15
10-08-2018, 12:46 PM
In other news

Dayum

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:47 PM
How the fuck do you cut Blossomgame before Quincy Pondexter? Serious question.

BillMc
10-08-2018, 12:47 PM
I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!

Nivek_ogre
10-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Murray should lean even more on Jamal Crawford. He tore his acl early in his career also

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 12:51 PM
So, implications from this...

-Derrick White is sure to see a lot more time this season, so he needs to get his shit together. For everybody who wanted him to be a key player, you just got your wish in the worst way.

-It will be interesting to see if Mills or White starts. I have a feeling that Mills will get the nod as he is the established vet and more familiar with the system, but I think we all agree that he fits better on the bench. His shooting could help space the floor for the starters though.

-This pretty much guarantees that we are gonna get to see a lot of Bryn Forbes, too.

-Demar's playmaking just became much more of an asset. You have to imagine he is going to have the ball in his hands a ton now.

I think Blossomgame may still get get a 2 way deal, unless you think they give the 2 way deal to a PG...

davidbowie
10-08-2018, 12:55 PM
damn jilly left him too deleted all their pics again LOL

this season is worthless

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 12:55 PM

Speculating but Gay suspects White starting

ceperez
10-08-2018, 12:56 PM

Speculating but Gay suspects White starting

Gay has seen him enough to have an accurate opinion.

My issue, White is injury prone!

Dverde
10-08-2018, 01:00 PM

this season is worthless

Noooooo! I was looking forward to the DeJilly rehab videos

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 01:01 PM

this season is worthless

Well, how is he supposed to take her on the Spurs jets and pay for her dinners in every NBA city if he is at home rehabbing his knee? Gotta' find that next meal somewhere.

buujness
10-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Not so much worried about the offense; White starting should actually upgrade that. Murray was extremely important defensively. Do we see a 3 and D guy start at the expense of a guy like Mills? Not sure that there's anyone available that would do a good enough job out there, though, and I don't see anyone on the roster who can fill that role (Cunningham would be the closest, but he's not really that guy).

It'd be nice to have Danny Green right about now.

Fuck Kawhi.

r0drig0lac
10-08-2018, 01:03 PM
In other news

watch it go to gsw or rox and become an above-average defensive level role player

spurraider21
10-08-2018, 01:05 PM
not surprised about blossomgame getting cut. more surprised at people who still see an nba player in him. i never pictured his fit in the nba. hoping for gerald wallace? dont see anything else resembling him in the league.

emmo
10-08-2018, 01:07 PM

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 01:07 PM

Dverde
10-08-2018, 01:10 PM

That is leadership. Nephew wouldn’t show up to playoff games.

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:10 PM

this season is worthless

Wow that's cold

Dingle Barry
10-08-2018, 01:12 PM

But why?

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:13 PM
I literally had the same exact feeling after seeing the recap of the Rockettes preseason game as I had during 2013 Finals game 6. Why is Pop taking out Duncan (right before Bosh grabbed the rebound bc Duncan wasn't there and hit Ray Allen for the dagger 3). My feeling was "Why is he playing the starters any minutes right now."

Also the same feeling when Grady Little took out Pedro in 2002 and the Yankees took the lead.

John B
10-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Spend time shooting baskets and building upper body

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:14 PM
But why?

Bc Pop. Everyone questions him but he can do no wrong so he does what he does. Then something like 2013 Game 6 happens or this happens.

weeks
10-08-2018, 01:16 PM
FUCK

one of the few reasons to watch this season was murray's growth..yeah this will open up ball-handling minutes for DDR but we already know what he can do, i wanted to see DJ come into his own this year with that chip on his shoulder and extra bulk from all the peanut butter...

how long does it take for the typical athlete to come back from an ACL at his age? can we work him in by the postseason?

Hoops Czar
10-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Exactly. Players need to play in the preseason so they can rest during the regular season.

cd98
10-08-2018, 01:17 PM
This is terrible news. I've been a Murray critic to this point, but was hopeful that this was going to be a big growth year for him. Our point guard roster is thin, so I think the Spurs will add someone. Derrick White should work okay, though after seeing some of the DeRozen highlights, I think the ball should be in his hands a lot of the time.

This really hurts our depth.

Chinook
10-08-2018, 01:17 PM
I literally had the same exact feeling after seeing the recap of the Rockettes preseason game as I had during 2013 Finals game 6. Why is Pop taking out Duncan (right before Bosh grabbed the rebound bc Duncan wasn't there and hit Ray Allen for the dagger 3). My feeling was "Why is he playing the starters any minutes right now."

Also the same feeling when Grady Little took out Pedro in 2002 and the Yankees took the lead.

God damn it with that 2013 take. Duncan gave up a three on almost the exact same situation the very next year. The plan should have just been to immediately tackle Bosh if he got the board. Second-guessing Pop not going for a foul is fine. No reason to second-guess why he didn't have a slow defender out on the perimeter against five three-point shooters. Shit, are you going to ask why he doesn't have Pau in during end-of-game situations too?

Wait, what thread is this?

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 01:18 PM
But why?

Bc Pop. Everyone questions him but he can do no wrong so he does what he does. Then something like 2013 Game 6 happens or this happens.

So before people got pissed cause Pop did rest people. Now when he's going to keep playing them (and he's using his sports science resources in case you missed that last week) and it's still an issue? This isn't like the years where continuity is in our favor, it's a whole new team. They need all the reps they can get together.

KDKSpurs24
10-08-2018, 01:18 PM
But why?
You gotta play and build chemistry and get in shape for the regular season in order to start strong. Other teams are playing their starters and haven’t gotten any injuries. Can’t be one sided from a Spurs fan point of view. The injuries are just unfortunate things. Can get hurt any time.

DJR210
10-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Yep. Out for the season. We still have other PGs atleast

I'm not even worried about the season. I'm more pissed off because there is such a big chance we may never see him regain his abilities. We get a dude poised for a breakout season and now the skills that would have put him ahead of the rest are potentially gone.

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 01:19 PM

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:20 PM
God damn it with that 2013 take. Duncan gave up a three on almost the exact same situation the very next year. The plan should have just been to immediately tackle Bosh if he got the board. Second-guessing Pop not going for foul is fine. No reason to second-guess why he didn't have a slow defender out on the perimeter against five three-point shooters. Shit, are you going to ask why he doesn't have Pau in during end-of-game situations too?

Duncan would have grabbed the rebound. It clearly went to the PF/C spot. Instead we had someone like Manu trying to body up Bosh down there. That's why. The Cavs weren't smart enough to ID Duncan's man and put him in a PnR with RayRay or LeBron (LeBron would have missed with Duncan guarding him anyway :lol).

bklynspursfan
10-08-2018, 01:20 PM
God damn it with that 2013 take. Duncan gave up a three on almost the exact same situation the very next year. The plan should have just been to immediately tackle Bosh if he got the board. Second-guessing Pop not going for a foul is fine. No reason to second-guess why he didn't have a slow defender out on the perimeter against five three-point shooters. Shit, are you going to ask why he doesn't have Pau in during end-of-game situations too?

5 years later and people still don't get it

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Isn't Ty Lawson also available. Or Isaiah Thomas or some shit

DJR210
10-08-2018, 01:22 PM
I still think we make the playoffs fwiw. But man, this is such a blow to our perimeter D and being able to push the ball.

Dear god I hope we don't come close to the playoffs.

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:23 PM
So before people got pissed cause Pop did rest people. Now when he's going to keep playing them (and he's using his sports science resources in case you missed that last week) and it's still an issue? This isn't like the years where continuity is in our favor, it's a whole new team. They need all the reps they can get together.

They *would have had* 82 games to get those reps. Plus practice. No need to go balls to the wall against the 500 3 shooting Rockettes in the preseason. No reason at all. I saw even DeMar played 30+ minutes that night. Like Wtf.

baseline bum
Aw fucking hell. This was Murray's season to explode now. You could tell he has been working his ass off on his jumper, it has looked so much better. :pctoss

I don't see how this team avoids the lottery now with no defense in the backcourt. God damn it, what a disaster.

TimDunkem
Dear god I hope we don't come close to the playoffs.

You mean NBA purgatory doesn't interest you?

KDKSpurs24
10-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Is Chalmers healthy now?