rjv
10-08-2018, 11:58 AM
per shams, btw.

Flawless
10-08-2018, 12:01 PM
:bang:bang:pctoss:pctoss

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 12:02 PM
What a joke. Season is over before it even began.

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:04 PM

Another year of mediocrity while getting a high teen/low 20th pick. Woooooooooo!

Brazil
10-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Holy shit....

I'm speechless... worst offseason ever

let's try to sum up

in the minus

- kiwi
- danny
- tony
- manu
- walker
- murray
- mills and gasoft still there

and the +

- gay back 100%
- derozan

:depressed

Big Empty
10-08-2018, 12:09 PM
White is gonna shine

r0drig0lac
Another year of mediocrity while getting a high teen-low 20th pick. Woooooooooo!

TimDunkem
Another year of mediocrity while getting a high teen-low 20th pick. Woooooooooo!

Whatcha mean?! This is where 50 Mills comes to save us! I mean, this is why he makes the big bucks right? Because he is a great, legitimate PG and not because of culture right?

Really though, Spurs are fucked. The team has no legitimate point guard.

rjv
10-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Holy shit....

let's try to sum up

in the minus

- kiwi
- danny
- tony
- manu
- walker
- murray

and the +

- gay back 100%
- derozan

rjv
10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
now we have to wait for the team to get the timetable for the return but can't see how it wouldn't be anything less than 6-9 months.

Spur|n|Austin
10-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Terrible news :(

Chinook
10-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Obviously sucks. No getting around that.

Silver linings though?

-White, Mills, or Forbes starting for Murray makes it much easier to play DeRozan and Gay together at the wings. If Gasol can take threes at a decent clip, the spacing is actually quite nice. I'd say Forbes should start with DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge and Gasol. Bench should be Mills, White, Belinelli, Bertans and Poeltl.

-Walker may well get a legit chance at a rotation spot if he can get back into form. As far as I can tell, the rotation is filled now, there is no one able come in if someone misses games. Walker should be back in December or January, two months were the team is in full grind mode. If he can start getting minutes going into the RRT, he'll likely have a spot in the rotation going forward.

-The tea leaves suggest PATFO is looking at 2020 as another possible summer to use cap space. Like with Leonard and Green in 2015, PATFO may want to use DeJounte's cap hold to sign other guys before using Bird Rights to go over the cap. But Murray's injury provides a good opportunity to try to lock in up cheaply on an extension. Rich Paul is DeJounte's agent, and I don't think he would have extended for anything less than the max before this. Unless he showed out this year, he wasn't worth that. Maybe now that he missed out, they'll be more inclined to come to the table on something like $72M/4? The alternative is Murray being in full contract-year mode. That doesn't sound horrible.

szkorhetz
10-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Fuck this shit.

Chinook
10-08-2018, 12:28 PM
now we have to wait for the team to get the timetable for the return but can't see how it wouldn't be anything less than 6-9 months.

I'd just declare him out for the season now. It doesn't mean he can't come back if some weird miracle recovery happens, but the team should not be playing as if they expect him to be back, and you don't want him rushing to try to be there for the playoffs. Best-case at this point is that he's healthy enough to work on his game during the summer. His shot was much improved, but it could still have been better, especially from three.

cjw
10-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Silver linings though?

-White, Mills, or Forbes starting for Murray makes it much easier to play DeRozan and Gay together at the wings. If Gasol can take threes at a decent clip, the spacing is actually quite nice. I'd say Forbes should start with DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge and Gasol. Bench should be Mills, White, Belinelli, Bertans and Poeltl.

-Walker may well get a legit chance at a rotation spot if he can get back into form. As far as I can tell, the rotation is filled now, there is no one able come in if someone misses games. Walker should be back in December or January, two months were the team is in full grind mode. If he can start getting minutes going into the RRT, he'll likely have a spot in the rotation going forward.

-The tea leaves suggest PATFO is looking at 2020 as another possible summer to use cap space. Like with Leonard and Green in 2015, PATFO may want to use DeJounte's cap hold to sign other guys before using Bird Rights to go over the cap. But Murray's injury provides a good opportunity to try to lock in up cheaply on an extension. Rich Paul is DeJounte's agent, and I don't think he would have extended for anything less than the max before this. Unless he showed out this year, he wasn't worth that. Maybe now that he missed out, they'll be more inclined to come to the table on something like $72M/4? The alternative is Murray being in full contract-year mode. That doesn't sound horrible.

The season was lost as soon as Kawhi cried his way out as GS only got stronger. They salvaged a playoff spot with DDR and could still win 45+ games. But they were never making noise in the playoffs.

The defense without Green, Murray and Anderson is going to be brutal. As is the PG rotation. Just stinks to lose a year of his development.

Good point on possibly locking Murray up cheaper.

dabom
10-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Fucking shit brah.

acoelho1
10-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Ugh. I feel bad for him and really thought he was primed to make a significant jump this year. With Kawhi gone and no Murry or Walker, it's hard to have any excitement over this team. I know they won't do it but I really think they should look into trading Aldridge and possibly DeRozan to improve the team for the future.

rjv
10-08-2018, 12:45 PM
I'd just declare him out for the season now. It doesn't mean he can't come back if some weird miracle recovery happens, but the team should not be playing as if they expect him to be back, and you don't want him rushing to try to be there for the playoffs. Best-case at this point is that he's healthy enough to work on his game during the summer. His shot was much improved, but it could still have been better, especially from three.

i agree. there would be no point in bringing him back at that point. he has a nice work ethic so i am sure he will be even more determined to make it back. and i was thinking the same about walker and a possible opportunity. for me, it sucks, because murray was one of the players i was looking forward to watching this season. we'll see how it plays out. thanks for being the voice of reason!

illusioNtEk
10-08-2018, 12:46 PM
:lmao

whats next? DeRoZaN torn Achilles? RuDy Gay Retears ACL? LMA heart issues?

clambake
10-08-2018, 12:48 PM
no chance he's pulling a kiwi?

NASpurs
10-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Fucking shit brah.

Change your avi to Kawhi or something my man. We can't take anymore injuries.

davidbowie
10-08-2018, 12:51 PM
i hope we do a proper tank tbh
like 20 total wins

Kobe'sAchilles
10-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Damn there goes the season. We already had little perimeter defense, now we have none. Who's the next big thing in college? Might as well start focusing on that.

SPURt
10-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Damn. Losing the two players I was looking forward to seeing this season in b2b preseason games is incredibly discouraging. Fuck this offseason.

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 12:56 PM
If for real, wow. Just wow

Spur|n|Austin
10-08-2018, 12:56 PM
:lmao

whats next? DeRoZaN torn Achilles? RuDy Gay Retears ACL? LMA heart issues?

When did Gay tear his ACL?

vander
10-08-2018, 12:57 PM
I just hope he can recover to 100% and this doesn't ruin his career/destroy his potential

this particular season was lost already anyways, so no harm done.

the heavy minutes that Forbes/White get will either expose them or force them level up.

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 12:58 PM

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:02 PM
As a silver lining, if the Spurs start losing games early due to their shit PG situation costing games, it may bring on the Armageddon rebuild sooner than later as people were clamoring for.

Who is the distributor? Demar? White? They may try Mills but we know that isn't going to work. And neither is Forbes. So either White becomes a decent PG in front of our eyes or Demar shows some nice point forward value. Or some weird point center crap like Denver does with Jokic and the Grizz did with Gasol after Conley went down.

dabom
10-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Change your avi to Kawhi or something my man. We can't take anymore injuries.

Did you say DeRozan?

koriwhat
10-08-2018, 01:18 PM
well, guess i can just keep focusing on other things besides spurs bball i suppose. here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for both murray and walker.

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 01:21 PM
well, guess i can just keep focusing on other things besides spurs bball i suppose. here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for both murray and walker.

Are you saying 82 games of Mills and Forbes doesn't get you excited for this season?

cd98
10-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Silver linings though?

On DeJounte's value, this makes it hard to see what he is worth. Last year, he was clearly not worth the max and was one of the worst starters as far as a scorer. And while his defense and rebounding were great, I would think that's easier to replace than scoring and playmaking at that position. This was the year to see what he was worth. Spurs seemed convinced he was an all star. I didn't see that. But my guess is that Murray will be looking for all-star level payment.

cd98
10-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Are you saying 82 games of Mills and Forbes doesn't get you excited for this season?

I actually think watching Mills and Forbes is exciting every time they dribble the ball down the court. It feels like a defender could pick off their dribble at any moment.

koriwhat
10-08-2018, 01:26 PM

maybe on a ymca court but not in the nba.

playblair
10-08-2018, 01:29 PM
tank for zion the best prospect since lebron/ he can be the new duncan franchise player

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 01:30 PM
I actually think watching Mills and Forbes is exciting every time they dribble the ball down the court. It feels like a defender could pick off their dribble at any moment.

Damn. :lmao Today's Spurs.

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 01:30 PM
maybe on a ymca court but not in the nba.

:lol on a YMCA court someone would punch the hell out of Forbes' stupid hoighty toity face

Chinook
10-08-2018, 01:31 PM
On DeJounte's value, this makes it hard to see what he is worth. Last year, he was clearly not worth the max and was one of the worst starters as far as a scorer. And while his defense and rebounding were great, I would think that's easier to replace than scoring and playmaking at that position. This was the year to see what he was worth. Spurs seemed convinced he was an all star. I didn't see that. But my guess is that Murray will be looking for all-star level payment.

I think Rich Paul was going to guarantee that. But coming off an injury, things are different. Remember, teams can sign guys to extensions starting July 1, so Murray likely won't be completely healthy when they first go to the table. Paul has famously had clients bet on themselves before. But I'd have to believe that Noel's complete failure has tempered some of that fire. It's going to come down to how the injury is healing and what type of person Murray is when it comes down to risk versus reward.

buujness
10-08-2018, 01:31 PM
One terrible thing about this season: it's going to be a lot harder to avoid having Mills and Forbes together at the same time...

Wonder what they'll do about the starting lineup. Not sure how much I like having Gay and DeRozan starting together. Sure, there will be more space with any one of White, Forbes or Mills out there, but that's still a lot of guys in one lineup that are most effective with the ball in their hands. Gay's still better suited coming off the bench with Gasol, IMO. It will be interesting to see if they try to cover up some of the defensive deficiencies with a 3-and-D guy, or if they'll just steer into the skid, say "fuck defense, we're going to outscore you" and do something crazy like start Belinelli or Bertans.

Poeltl is also going to have to find a way to be effective offensively with Aldridge, because I'm not sure that the starting lineup can afford to lose his rim protection at this point. Having two really solid big guys can help cover some holes defensively.

Cry Havoc
10-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Ugh now if we miss the playoffs (still unlikely but whatever), ESPN is going to crow all the shit they can about calling it.

DieHardSpursFan1537
10-08-2018, 01:37 PM
This season is over before it even started. Paging Porky...paging Porky...

Cry Havoc
10-08-2018, 01:38 PM
This season is over before it even started. Paging Porky...paging Porky...

I mean, we weren't winning the title this year anyway.

DJR210
10-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Another year of mediocrity while getting a high teen/low 20th pick. Woooooooooo!

At least we get TWO 1st rounders in the 20's!!

DJR210
10-08-2018, 01:40 PM
tank for zion the best prospect since lebron/ he can be the new duncan franchise player

With Spurs luck we'd get the most lottery balls and still wind up in the teens

TE
10-08-2018, 01:41 PM
It’s very unfortunate.

Nothing more to say.

DieHardSpursFan1537
10-08-2018, 01:43 PM
I mean, we weren't winning the title this year anyway.
Nah this team was 2nd round fodder at best. Now they may not even make playoffs

rastaspur
10-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Crappy news.

boutons_deux
10-08-2018, 01:44 PM

can't even survive pre-season

kobyz
10-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Silver linings though?

The only silver lining is if patfo do the right thing and go all in for rj barrett

BackHome
10-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Murray and Walker should get in touch with Tony Ferguson the dude tore his LCL had surgery and was break dancing 13 weeks latter. Not only that he fought and won in last weekends MMA co main event after tearing his LCL in April of this year.

I think both players need to stay away from traditional weightlifting need to get in touch with Tony and his team.

Stabula
10-08-2018, 01:54 PM
If the Spurs tank and blow it up they might have a good team again in 8-12 years

BackHome
10-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Well this is one way of tanking I am hoping this turns out the year David went down. For me I would stand pat throw White to the wolves maybe bring up Nick he played well in G League and knows the plays.

I hate to say this but you know the saying everything happens in threes - Am thinking as old as Fasol is he will get hurt sometime this season.

baseline bum
10-08-2018, 02:06 PM

I'm not seeing this as even a forty win team without Murray in a conference stacked with elite point guards.

BackHome
10-08-2018, 02:08 PM
I think our draft pick will be in the 6 to 12 range.

They need to sit Walker out for the whole year and manage the hell out of his rehab. They need to build him up from bottom to top no weights just bands and cardio. The dude likes the ocean have him down half the year in the pool for rehab.

Poolboy5623
10-08-2018, 02:19 PM

You're kidding right?

weeks
10-08-2018, 02:20 PM
reminder: golden state added cousins in the offseason

ginobilized
10-08-2018, 02:24 PM
There goes Pop’s legacy. Going to have to coach several seasons to break many more records.
Such a cursed season already. Feel horrible for Murray and WalkerIV.

Hope morale doesn’t dissipate entirely.

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 02:26 PM
I think Rich Paul was going to guarantee that. But coming off an injury, things are different. Remember, teams can sign guys to extensions starting July 1, so Murray likely won't be completely healthy when they first go to the table. Paul has famously had clients bet on themselves before. But I'd have to believe that Noel's complete failure has tempered some of that fire. It's going to come down to how the injury is healing and what type of person Murray is when it comes down to risk versus reward.
If he’s offered an extension I expect it to be lowball and for Dejounte to decline. He can still bet on himself for the following season and that’s kind of what I expect fwiw. I’d be really surprised if he signs a lowball extension when he doesn’t need to make a decision about his future yet. If Spurs make a legit offer for him then even if not max I’d expect him to take it. It’s a lot of money to risk in that case.

spurraider21
10-08-2018, 02:27 PM
derrick white has a great opportunity to disappoint us all

dbestpro
10-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Perhaps this would be a good time to ask Manu to reconsider for one more year.

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Well this is one way of tanking I am hoping this turns out the year David went down. For me I would stand pat throw White to the wolves maybe bring up Nick he played well in G League and knows the plays.

I hate to say this but you know the saying everything happens in threes - Am thinking as old as Fasol is he will get hurt sometime this season.
Not sure that it’s going to be Gasol but they’ll face other injuries this season. It’s unrealistic that during 82 games no one else gets hurt. Hopefully not this bad but there’s bound to be sore groins or calves or pulled fingers or bruises etc.

Nathan89
10-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Well hopefully White is ready to shine tbh

8FOR!3
10-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Perhaps this would be a good time to ask Manu to reconsider for one more year.

I mean I'd always welcome him on the team but idk if this really means that. We already planned on White being the backup PG, I'd assume Mills will move to start at PG but play off DeRozan.

Defensively we're losing Murray/Green/Kawhi/Anderson but offensively Murray/Anderson struggled (even if we expected a lot more from Murray this year) and it could be argued that Green has slowed down the offense a bit. Also Kawhi essentially didn't play. So offensively we should still be OK, but defensively well now we lost our best perimeter defender and over the course a season lost our 4 best defenders. Maybe this an opportunity for Lonnie Walker when he gets back from injury...

DejountesACL
10-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Serves you MFs right for always wishing serious injuries on the warriors. Karma hit you this offseason big time.

cd98
10-08-2018, 02:58 PM
I saw DeRozen handling the ball in all his highlights. Doesn’t he potentially end up as a primary ball handler if we aren’t playing uptempo? Kind of like a Manu role?

TD 21
10-08-2018, 03:00 PM
This franchise can't catch a break.

They wanted to attempt to remain competitive, so rather than sign or claim some fringe PG, they should look to make a trade. Obviously, don't mortgage the future, but something like Gasol and a 2nd for Teodosic, Marjanovic and Johnson, is worth a shot.

The Clippers have to waive 2 players anyway. Evans is a virtual lock, leaving Wallace, Thornwell (I believe they like both) and maybe Johnson. If they're willing to stretch Johnson, maybe they would Gasol instead, if it meant clearing up their logjam and getting a minor pick back.

Absent a trade, I'd start Mills for 2 reasons: 1) The bench needs White's play making more and 2) Mills and Forbes shouldn't be paired together.

Silver linings though?

:tu

He'd have needed a quantum leap forward from Murray offensively to even conjure the thought, much less have the gall to request it.

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Serves you MFs right for always wishing serious injuries on the warriors. Karma hit you this offseason big time.
WTF are you doing in a Spurs forum anyway. Karma is a bitch you know. Right back at ya.

Atl Spur
10-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Let Demar & White handle the ball..... White will be fine👍🏾

ggoose25
10-08-2018, 03:35 PM
makes me wish we would've kept slo mo

duncan2150
10-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Who

Silver linings though?

who will bring the ball over with a forbes-DD-gay-aldridge-gasol starting five, imo White or mills will play with that unit and will be our pg’s. Forbes will play sg.

As you said before i hope we’ll had a real PG with some good ball handling Stills, we need one.

Degoat
10-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Don’t know if spurs are just gonna ride with White and Mills but honestly I wouldn’t mind if the spurs traded for Cory Joseph at this point, I think he could be had easily in a trade.

Poolboy5623
10-08-2018, 03:48 PM
All these "OMG the spurs cant catch a break" comments lol....did you guys just start watching the team this year??

TimDunkem
10-08-2018, 03:50 PM
reminder: golden state added cousins in the offseason

The Spurs locked up Bryn Forbes. Checkmate, bitch.

Larry O
10-08-2018, 03:52 PM
I can see Tony Parker's reaction when he got a text alert about DJ's situation... "Hmmm... what's this? Ha, ha, ha! See?! KARMA for not signning me for another year!" Oh well... Unfortunately, injuries happen in every sport, so the Spurs gotta pull themselves up by the bootstraps & it's next man-up! Last year's drama may help though. In this "youth movement," this gives the youngins a chance to grow-up, but factor in adversity, such as an injury to a key player, this may happen sooner than later, & it has. This is very disappointing for us as Spurs fans, especially after last year's drama with what's his name, I'm sure we all wanted a clean slate; a fresh start & see what this new team can do. For White, he's going to have to grow up fast if he's going to take over the reigns. According to RG22 in his post training camp practice interview, he said that he & the team is shaken by DJ's injury & are disppointed, but he's optimistic for his recovery. He also believes that DW4 can start at PG & lead the team, but he' will have to grow up fast. He also said that they will continue to play uptempo ball going forward wih cofidence in the ballhandlers they have. Also, my opinion, letting Blossomgame go could be a hint that they may want to sign camp invitee, Nick Johnson (PG) to a two way deal for insurance purposes, unless they look for an unsigned veteran PG to sign. We're gonna miss DJ's defense, rebounding & his growth potential he was bringig to this team... GSG!!!

tbdog
10-08-2018, 03:52 PM
All these "OMG the spurs cant catch a break" comments lol....did you guys just start watching the team this year??

Sigh.. 2015 injury riddle season and unable to defend our title.
2016.. TD loses his knee.
2017. Zaza.
2018 Uncle

Amuseddaysleeper
10-08-2018, 04:23 PM

Season was over once Kawhi left

SpurSpike
10-08-2018, 04:34 PM
I can see Tony Parker's reaction when he got a text alert about DJ's situation... "Hmmm... what's this? Ha, ha, ha! See?! KARMA for not signning me for another year!"

Na, if anything he is saying DAMNIT you mean i could have stayed a Spur AND gotten playing time, not just a mentor role! (Spurs matched the offer but Parker left because he felt he could still play and wanted more playing time)

Don’t know if spurs are just gonna ride with White and Mills but honestly I wouldn’t mind if the spurs traded for Cory Joseph at this point, I think he could be had easily in a trade.

I did like Corey Joseph when he was on the Spurs, at least he has some championship experience and knows the Spurs system.

Raven
10-08-2018, 04:39 PM
brutal.. the season is lost already. we should tank hard.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
10-08-2018, 04:40 PM
JJ Barea for Derozan

ralph nyc
10-08-2018, 04:51 PM
dam that sucks.

Spurs Homer
10-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Welp... darkness has descended on the post-Timmy spurs.

We all knew it would happen someday. Welcome to - someday.

james evans
10-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Were cursed!!! fuck1!!

Chillen
10-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Might not be the same player again either, could lose some explosiveness. This sucks.

It's going to take a huge effort for this team to even make the playoffs this season.

Spurs FO should be looking to trade for a PG now.

dbestpro
10-08-2018, 05:04 PM
The curse of the Silver Dancers has begun.

Pavlov
Might not be the same player again either, could lose some explosiveness. This sucks.

It's going to take a huge effort for this team to even make the playoffs this season.

Spurs FO should be looking to trade for a PG now.Nah

JPB
As tough on than off the court... DJ had already installed himslelf as big part of the heart of the team. Not gonna lie, makes it even harder to really get passionate about this year.

Pop didn't deserve this shit.

Fuck #2, I hope he tears both ACLs.

r0drig0lac
10-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Welp... darkness has descended on the post-Timmy spurs.

We all knew it would happen someday. Welcome to - someday.

lmao

Roscoe P. Coltrane
10-08-2018, 05:17 PM
With Spurs luck we'd get the most lottery balls and still wind up in the teensI don't know, Spurs have pretty good luck with lottery balls.

K...
10-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Had anyone noticed he busted his ACL, during the acl music festival? I smell a partnership!

DejountesACL
10-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Never once wished an injury on any other player, too bad spurs fanbase can't say the same especially here. Like i said, karma hits hard.

dbestpro
10-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Never once wished an injury on any other player, too bad spurs fanbase can't say the same especially here. Like i said, karma hits hard.

So, you are saying you expect the Warrior players to be hit with a rash of injuries in reply to your rejoicing in Spurs players injuries. Got it.

Pavlov
10-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Never once wished an injury on any other player, too bad spurs fanbase can't say the same especially here. Like i said, karma hits hard.Well this is certainly a try-hard alt.

DejountesACL
10-08-2018, 05:38 PM
So, you are saying you expect the Warrior players to be hit with a rash of injuries in reply to your rejoicing in Spurs players injuries. Got it.
Nope but if that's what your dumb ass interpreted it as then welp.

JeffDuncan
10-08-2018, 05:39 PM
I hope Stef Curry catches a flesh eating plague from all the human waste on the sidewalks out there.

dbestpro
10-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Nope but if that's what your dumb ass interpreted it as then welp.

Karma goes both ways. As you accuse so you are.

DejountesACL
10-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Karma goes both ways. As you accuse so you are.

Accuse? LOL no accusations here its a fact that you cant go through 2 pages of a game thread in a warriors vs spurs game thread without a spurs fan wishing injury to one of our players. Shit how happy were you guys when steph got injured? Only thing some of you were upset about is it wasnt more serious. Karma.

Pavlov
10-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Accuse? LOL no accusations here its a fact that you cant go through 2 pages of a game thread in a warriors vs spurs game thread without a spurs fan wishing injury to one of our players. Shit how happy were you guys when steph got injured? Only thing some of you were upset about is it wasnt more serious. Karma.You loved it when Kawhi got injured. I saw your posts.

DejountesACL
10-08-2018, 06:15 PM
You loved it when Kawhi got injured. I saw your posts.

First time posting here, so never happened.

Pavlov
10-08-2018, 06:22 PM
First time posting here, so never happened.lol "first time"

daslicer
10-08-2018, 06:23 PM

Which Laker troll alt is this one?

DejountesACL
10-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Which Laker troll alt is this one?

Fuck L3-6ron and the lakers

Genovaswitness
10-08-2018, 06:43 PM
haven't read any of the thread but I really hope no weak ass fans are jumping ship.

silver lining to this season is that it's a great cleansing, washing away pussy ass fair weather fans

Dex
10-08-2018, 06:48 PM
haven't read any of the thread but I really hope no weak ass fans are jumping ship.

silver lining to this season is that it's a great cleansing, washing away pussy ass fair weather fans

May drive down some ticket prices, that's for sure.

NameLess Scrub
10-08-2018, 06:51 PM
I guess White will have his chance to show his amazing PG skills, right?

Bynumite
10-08-2018, 06:57 PM
:danceclub

RD2191
10-08-2018, 07:14 PM

Jump ship?!? I'm burning the mother fucker down!

mystargtr34
10-08-2018, 07:24 PM
White/Mills
DeRozan/Forbes
Gay/Bellinelli
LMA/Bertans
Poeltl/Gasol

IMO.. to avoid the dreaded Mills/Forbes/Belli defensive combo you can stagger minutes to avoid it.. sub out White after 6 minutes into the 1st and insert Mills.. sub out DeRozan at end of 1st and put White in to start the 2nd alongside Mills in the backcourt.. bring Forbes in early in the 2nd when Patty comes out and roll with White/Forbes till halfway through the second when DeRozan comes back in.

If spacing becomes an issue in the 1st unit you can alter it and bring Gay off the bench.. slide DDR up to the 3 and start Derrick White at the 2 for his size and D and start either Mills or Forbes at the 1 (probably better to go with Forbes to avoid Mills defending starting PG's).

Or swap Gay and Bertans at the 3, although not sure how DB holds up defending starting SF's.

phxspurfan
10-08-2018, 07:46 PM

DJR210
10-08-2018, 07:49 PM
As tough on than off the court... DJ had already installed himslelf as big part of the heart of the team. Not gonna lie, makes it even harder to really get passionate about this year.

Pop didn't deserve this shit.

Fuck #2, I hope he tears both ACLs.

At this point I hope some Toronto savage guns him down.. I don't want his ACL's... I want his life

offset formation
10-08-2018, 08:13 PM
White is gonna shine

SpurPadre
10-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Horrible news...and now we'll be forced to see Forbes. Fuck this season, tbh

Stabula
10-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Stay positive guys. Team could be relevant again in maybe 6 years if they play their cards right.

noles1983
10-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Holy shit, what a fucking disaster. Not wasting time watching this G league roster. Hopefully they get a lottery pick out of this lost season.

Kawhitstorm
10-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Holy shit....

let's try to sum up

in the minus

- kiwi
- danny
- tony
- manu
- walker
- murray

and the +

- gay back 100%
- derozan

Starting 5:
:pop::pop::pop::pop::lmao

Genovaswitness
10-08-2018, 09:50 PM

at least i'm not bandwagonning a south texas team from phoenix lmfao

SAGirl
10-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Murray tears ACL, bad unfunny trolls out like flies.

BackHome
10-08-2018, 11:39 PM
Horrible news...and now we'll be forced to see Forbes. Fuck this season, tbh

Fuck that I want him starting I am aiming for top 5 draft pick. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth. What the hell does that even mean?

Chillen
10-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Stay positive guys. Team could be relevant again in maybe 6 years if they play their cards right.

Yeah if Spurs miss the playoffs for like 3 years straight and get high draft picks and those players turn into stars. Thing is Spurs FO does not want to rebuild or miss playoffs just retool slowly but oh well no one in the NBA stays on top forever. The Spurs success has hurt the team ultimately because it's keeping them from ever getting a high draft pick without a trade. Spurs will still try and make the playoffs this season with the roster they have.

Nobull
10-08-2018, 11:58 PM
YOUR DADDY SHOULD HAVE PULLED OUT!

Desert Spur
10-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Step on up. Mr. White.

BetaHelper
10-09-2018, 12:02 AM
So, if there is one more spur breaking a leg, is it safe to say the medical staff should be let go? I mean, it doesn't look like they know how to prepare and conditioning the players to prevent injuries.

anon
10-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Spotlight on Derozen just got a bit warmer. If DJ was projected to be the third most productive Spur for the team to clinch a berth, Derozen's mental health might plummet by February if the Spurs only have 40 wins at most. Spur psychomedical staff better have an eye on him.

Spur|n|Austin
10-09-2018, 12:06 AM
Holy shit, what a fucking disaster. Not wasting time watching this G league roster. Hopefully they get a lottery pick out of this lost season.

So we won’t see you post again this season???

Spur|n|Austin
10-09-2018, 12:08 AM
So, if there is one more spur breaking a leg, is it safe to say the medical staff should be let go? I mean, it doesn't look like they know how to prepare and conditioning the players to prevent injuries.

Yep because non-contact injuries are fault of a medical staff.

How does this this board get dumber by the day?

Chillen
10-09-2018, 12:13 AM
Yep because non-contact injuries are fault of a medical staff.

How does this this board get dumber by the day?

Kawhi's people started all this negative buzz about Spurs medical staff and this just keeps carrying over especially with Murray tearing his ACL (non contact). I would say though if another Spur gets injured like this on a non contact play some finger pointing with the medical staff at least needs to start. For now it's overblown a bit.

Kawhitstorm
10-09-2018, 12:39 AM
YOUR DADDY SHOULD HAVE PULLED OUT!

He creampied your mom...

Arcadian
10-09-2018, 01:12 AM
:lol This might as well happen.

kobyz
10-09-2018, 02:16 AM
That the punishment of the spurs doing the wrong decision trading for derozan instead of going rebuild like they should in that kawhi situation...

marinoman
10-09-2018, 03:03 AM
Any chance he can play again this season

Chillen
10-09-2018, 03:27 AM
Any chance he can play again this season

I doubt it, it's an ACL tear. He will most likely be out for the whole season and if Spurs make it to the playoffs that to. 9 months is expected healing time for this injury, that brings us to early June when the NBA Finals will be starting. After June conditioning for playing will start so even than he won't be ready.

venitian navigator
10-09-2018, 04:32 AM
Better move on and think (not tank) the season with no expectation of him coming back...better for us and better for his long term health.
I don't want to sound too optimistic, but one thing I have to say its that I've never been too convinced of DJM play making skills...
Imho, in the long term but also in the short term, White is world beter as a play maker aka point guard.
On the opposite side, I see Murray more like a sixth man capable of changing the rythm of the game, and an ideal fit as a second unit playing with a guard like Mills/Forbes that are bad on defense but good for a fast game.
If I have to say my (now and new) ideal starting five and bench for this season (at least in two months, when Walker recovers from his maniscus injury), that is:

White - Walker - DDR - Alridge - Poeltl
Mills - Belinelli - Bertans - Gay - Pau

Nobull
10-09-2018, 07:17 AM
He creampied your mom...
Impossible, I was the fool who did not pullout. The best part of you and your brother dripped down my leg.

J_Paco
10-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Kawhi's people started all this negative buzz about Spurs medical staff and this just keeps carrying over especially with Murray tearing his ACL (non contact). I would say though if another Spur gets injured like this on a non contact play some finger pointing with the medical staff at least needs to start. For now it's overblown a bit.

How the hell can you blame the medical staff for any non - contact injury, ever? Actually, the training/medical staff can't prevent any injury from occurring. They are apart of sports in general....

To suggest firing the staff for allegations with no merit and some "freak" injuries is beyond silly. It would only embolden players to pull similar stunts to Kawhi more often.

spursparker9
10-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Fortunately now is the Golden State Era.

Even with Murray or if Nephew stayed, Spurs still won't win the championship.

So no difference. Chill guys

BackHome
10-09-2018, 09:01 AM
I was always worried about Murray his frame is so light don’t think he can take the pounding of the NBA.

For me this season still will be fun to watch i am hoping to see good things from Metu and White also looking to see JB and Deroz go beast mode and have break out season.

rjv
10-09-2018, 11:00 AM
I doubt it, it's an ACL tear. He will most likely be out for the whole season and if Spurs make it to the playoffs that to. 9 months is expected healing time for this injury, that brings us to early June when the NBA Finals will be starting. After June conditioning for playing will start so even than he won't be ready.

it varies but it is anywhere between 6-9 months for the average person. what we still haven't heard is the extent of the tear and whether or not it was just the ACL. carson wentz torn his ACL and LCL as well as his IT band and made it back in almost 9 months exactly. but i agree that murray is done for the year. best case scenario has him at full contact early in the summer.

superbigtime
10-09-2018, 11:33 AM
This season is for the crapper. Selling off my tickets.

JPB
10-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Probalby have to pay people to take them.

SnakeBoy
10-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Impossible, I was the fool who did not pullout.

Of your own mom?

Not taking sides, just trying to follow the smack logic.

baseline bum
10-09-2018, 01:41 PM

$5 for opening night?

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-09-2018, 02:00 PM
$5 for opening night?

Unfortunately he's selling his bus tickets.

superbigtime
10-09-2018, 02:48 PM
$5 for opening night?

Don't have that one. weekend package.

superbigtime
10-09-2018, 02:49 PM
Probalby have to pay people to take them.

I know!

baseline bum
10-09-2018, 02:51 PM
I know!

I'll take your weekend tickets if you give me $5 a game then.

superbigtime
10-09-2018, 02:54 PM

That's so funny!

Dex
10-09-2018, 03:04 PM

I got 10 on it!

Brazil
10-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Brace for the no play off spot this year for the Spurs tbh

superbigtime
10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
no playoffs w no real PG. pretty simple

SAGirl
10-09-2018, 04:00 PM
It finally may be dawning on me that they may indeed miss the playoffs this year. Wow

Bynumite
10-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Such a promising young talent. My thoughts and prayers go out to the kid.

BackHome
10-09-2018, 04:12 PM
I wish they would tank but I still think will be at 7th or 8 seed

weeks
10-09-2018, 04:20 PM
It finally may be dawning on me that they may indeed miss the playoffs this year. Wow
dunno, lma + gay + DDR with a chip on his shoulder probably drags us into 7th or 8th

kobyz
10-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Best case scenario is 6 months with this injury

ulosturedge
10-09-2018, 05:18 PM
it varies but it is anywhere between 6-9 months for the average person. what we still haven't heard is the extent of the tear and whether or not it was just the ACL. carson wentz torn his ACL and LCL as well as his IT band and made it back in almost 9 months exactly. but i agree that murray is done for the year. best case scenario has him at full contact early in the summer.

This ain't football. I'm sure it's just his ACL. He weights like nothing so that also helps..But yeah no way he comes back this year. It takes months to get your range of motion back, and then you spends months strengthening the support muscles involved with your knee. Then even after that it takes time to get the normal sensation in your knee to fire and be responsive. Unless your a freak of nature like Adrian Peterson. But even under that rare circumstance Pop would still hold him out anyways, and rightfully so.

SpursGenius
10-09-2018, 05:29 PM
2000 free throws and 2000 three pointers a day during rehab please

tbdog
10-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Murray's goal would be to be at full contact come preseason. It is a 12-month recovery, give or take a few months either side depending on the success of the surgery, any complications or setbacks, and how much of a rehab workhorse you are. They then say its a further 12 months until psychologically you get over it. On Rose's injury Bulls team physician Brian Cole who performed the surgery on Rose said "While he will hopefully be at a very high level in 12 months, it still may take slightly longer. … It depends on the muscle psychology, confidence issues." It's often a player athletism is lost during that period. Think about it, they not running, sprinting, jumping or doing leg weights. However, psychologically you don't explode off the knee. It is a brain thing, (you don't want to feel that pain again.) This can lead to overcompensating on your different knee. Rose last a few months before tearing his right meniscus and was out for the remainder of the season. He returned for 40 odd games the following season and tore it again. For Rose, it was probably a combination of bad luck. It is incredible that the guy is still playing the in NBA and appears to be starting this year.

Date Player Age L / R Games missed Back in NBA game after…
09-Mar-2012 Ricky Rubio 22 Left 36 9 months
28-Apr-2012 Derrick Rose 23 Left 82 16 months
06-May-2012 Bron Davis 32 Right End of career
03-Nov-2012 Brandon Rush 26 Left 80 11 months
20-Dec-2012 Josh Howard 32 Right End of career
27-Jan-2013 Rajon Rondo 27 Right 74 12 months
07-Feb-2013 Lou Williams 27 Right 42 9 months
12-Feb-2013 Leandro Barbosa 30 Left 30 11 months
05-Apr-2013 Danilo Gallinari 24 Left 88 20 months
31-Jan-2014 Nate Robinson 29 Left 37 9 months
22-Mar-2014 JJ Hickson 25 Right 13 7 months
16-Dec-2014 Jabari Parker 19 Left 57 10 months
17-Jan-2015 Kendall Marshall 24 Right 37 11 months
06-Aug-2015 Dante Exum 20 Left 82 14 months
03-Jan-2016 Jarret Jack 32 Right 48 13 months
16-Dec-2016 Chris Andersen 38 Right End of career

spurs10
10-09-2018, 06:47 PM
dunno, lma + gay + DDR with a chip on his shoulder probably drags us into 7th or 8th Yes I think people are underestimating those three.

MoSpur02
10-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Heard that they projected him out 9-10 months. Not that we didn't have an idea, but that's what I heard from my trusted source. It's not breaking news or anything like that, but just sharing

BackHome
10-09-2018, 08:14 PM
With all the KY drama Spurs are going to be even more cautious no way is he playing this season.

I also think Walker will be severely micro managed and get very little playing time. His knee needs to heal from two surgeries need time to figure out his soft tissue issues get him on a total different work out plan.

cjw
10-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Heard that they projected him out 9-10 months. Not that we didn't have an idea, but that's what I heard from my trusted source. It's not breaking news or anything like that, but just sharing

No reason to rush him back this season. You could see with Wentz he was able to do non-contact a few months after the surgery but the Eagles waited a full 10 months before bringing him back into a game. Spurs have the luxury of this happening early in a season so he’s only going to miss this season and none of next, barring any setback (back to the Eagles, but takes me back to when Jason Peters’ walker failed and he missed the entire next season!)

Point someone made on Murray honing in his shooting during this period is spot on. He will be able to get plenty of reps doing this while he rehabs - spot up attempts at least.

tbdog
10-09-2018, 09:33 PM
dunno, lma + gay + DDR with a chip on his shoulder probably drags us into 7th or 8th

I don't see many better 2-way punches in the west outside Rockets and Warriors. I think LMA and DDR if they remain healthy should be enough to get through. Our balance is a bit ordinary though and Gay really needs to become the clear 3rd best player in this team.

SAGirl
10-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Their margin for error is really close, they can't afford any more injuries and in 82 games there will be some nags or bruises to somebody for sure. I assume LMA knee will need rest at some point.

They don't have a PG... just a bunch of combo guards of varying effectiveness.

White has underwhelmed though I hope he Improves through the season, but they can't afford a slow start.

Their defense was probably going to depend on Murray a lot to anchor it and he's gone. It's easier for my stress level to assume it's a lost year than be concerned about people not being good enough.

I have low expectations at this point and last season really drained me too.

superbigtime
10-09-2018, 10:06 PM
2000 free throws and 2000 three pointers a day during rehab please

pretty sympathetic lol

Nobull
10-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Harden shoved him. Did Murray at least get a foul called?

phxspurfan
10-10-2018, 01:07 AM

he already had thots, just needs prayurz now

playbonner15
10-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Still gonna get that 8th seed, even without Murray tbh

TimDunkem
10-10-2018, 01:55 AM
Still gonna get that 8th seed, even without Murray tbh

Cool?

eric365
10-10-2018, 06:52 AM
I'm hopping for an LMA fake injury and Pop making absurd coaching choice on purpose

Let's DDR have good numbers but get a really high lottery pick

JPB
10-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Silver lining is more pics of his GF's ass on Insta.

JPB
10-10-2018, 08:03 AM
And you can probably add next season in the rehab column since it usally takes the same time you were out to get back at 100% (if you ever do).

Look at Gay... usually takes a full season following a big injury to be yourself. And that's when you don't injured yourself again.

Where's my DJ's insta bookmark...

Boomersgold
10-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Whatcha mean?! This is where 50 Mills comes to save us! I mean, this is why he makes the big bucks right? Because he is a great, legitimate PG and not because of culture right?

Really though, Spurs are fucked. The team has no legitimate point guard.

Came back just to see the meltdown. Dude's being paid about a third of what Westbrook's being paid and very much in line with what a veteran back-up gets. Less than Jeremy Lin. (http://www.espn.com/nba/salaries/_/page/3/seasontype/1):lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-10-2018, 11:07 AM
White will need to become NBA ready in a hurry.

The offense wasn't great under Murray last year and I don't think it will ever be great if he's a traditional point guard. I could see the offense running through DeRozan by season's end (see James Harden), even with a healthy Murray. I know he worked his ass off this off-season, but court vision and play making is something that you either have or you don't, and he's not great in that department.

I see Murray eventually being a combo guard with the bulk of running the offense in someone else's hands. The Spurs will feel his loss defensively and on the glass, but I think the offense might be smoother without him. Offensively his loss isn't going to hurt the Spurs.

This year's Spurs might be paper tigers. I have a feeling they'll do great in the regular season, but might not have the defensive stopping ability to carry that far into the post season. I'm still thinking 4-6 seed.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-10-2018, 11:13 AM
This injury doesn't end the Spurs' season.

Any more key injuries though and it starts getting bleak.

Dverde
10-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Silver lining is more pics of his GF's ass on Insta.

They broke up again. :eyebrows

TimmyBuckets
10-10-2018, 12:17 PM
I was in Tahoe for the weekend, not checking social media, and I came back to this and Lonnie Walker news. Hopefully White doesn't suck it up.

MultiTroll
10-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Is / was this chick good for him or Kardashian type level cancer?

JPB
10-10-2018, 05:57 PM

NBA players and their GFs do'nt break up... Guys dumb them. Girls ain't crazy, when they find NBA gold, until they got married, dude can fuck half the planet or be a total moron, they won't move.

emanueldavidginobili
10-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Good news for Murray, was watching the Bulls last night you can’t tell at all that Zach Lavine tore his ACL kid is still insanely athletic and is poised for a great season

sasaint
10-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Good news for Murray, was watching the Bulls last night you can’t tell at all that Zach Lavine tore his ACL kid is still insanely athletic and is poised for a great season

ST is no place for a positive spin like that!

YGWHI
10-11-2018, 09:09 PM
:tu

OG Anunoby, too. He looks super healthy and athletic now. A real beast.

noles1983
10-13-2018, 03:03 PM
So we won’t see you post again this season???

It is possible to post and not watch games, stupid fuck :lol

10-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Yeah, a torn ACL isn't nearly the devastating injury it once was, even at the beginning of this decade. It just sucks that Murray loses a season of his career.

daslicer
10-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Baron Davis tore his ACL in college but bounced back a year later and ended up as third pick in the draft. He was super athletic through out his 20's. He didn't break down until his 30's and that was mainly due to him not caring and getting out of shape.

tbdog
10-14-2018, 11:35 PM
Any news on Murray getting surgery yet?

BackHome
10-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Usually wait until all the swelling has gone down so I am guessing this week.

Seventyniner
10-15-2018, 09:31 AM
It is possible to post and not watch games, stupid fuck :lol

Shit, that's what half the posters here do.

phxspurfan
10-15-2018, 01:43 PM
This injury doesn't end the Spurs' season.

Any more key injuries though and it starts getting bleak.

RIP White RIP Gay

phxspurfan
10-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Yeah, a torn ACL isn't nearly the devastating injury it once was, even at the beginning of this decade. It just sucks that Murray loses a season of his career.

tears can also be major or minor. Like Carson Wentz tore 3 knee ligaments I think. So did Willis McGahee back in the day at UMiami. Both came back and played well too, even thought those were pretty bad. Also Shaun Livingston that was nasteh

By comparison. DeJounte's seemed run of the mill, he will be back next season for sure.

exstatic
10-15-2018, 02:21 PM

Can't happen. If you have the worst record, you can't be lower than 4 in the draft, because they only draw for the top 3 picks. The rest are seeded in order after the draw.

exstatic
10-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Any news on Murray getting surgery yet?

They usually wait a bit. There is always swelling, and they want that to subside before they operate. Standard procedure.

DJR210
10-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Can't happen. If you have the worst record, you can't be lower than 4 in the draft, because they only draw for the top 3 picks. The rest are seeded in order after the draw.

Learn something new everyday

marinoman
10-19-2018, 03:03 PM
He had successful surgery today according to shams

Spurs da champs
10-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Murray gotta work on them toothpicks while he's rehabbing.

boutons_deux
10-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Murray gotta work on them toothpicks while he's rehabbing.

yep, he must bulk up like Manu

BatManu20
10-19-2018, 03:43 PM
Still pissed he’s out for the season. Was really looking forward to him taking the next step. Damn you basketball gods.

Spurs da champs
10-19-2018, 03:45 PM
It sucks that he tore his acl but at the same time, I have no doubt he'll come back better than ever.

Dex
10-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Still pissed he’s out for the season. Was really looking forward to him taking the next step. Damn you basketball gods.

Same. Besides DeRozan, Murray was the player I was most excited about watching this year to see if he could really take it to the next level.

Now we won't be able to watch him for another year, and even then, he probably won't be 100%. He will still be recovering and trying to bounce back after a year away from the game.

Worst case scenario, he may never fully recover his athleticism, so we will never really know the player he COULD have been.

phxspurfan
10-19-2018, 03:59 PM
He had successful surgery today according to shams

:drunk: :drunk: SPURS MEDICAL STAFF BE LIKE :drunk: :drunk:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a2/1d/aa/a21daa00af045d2ebf60e14bafa09518.gif

:pop: OK DONE GO PLAY

SAGirl
10-19-2018, 04:10 PM
HOpe you recover young one and come back next season for that MIP campaign... (Jinxes stay away from here... off you go to someone else's injury thread):madrun

BatManu20
10-19-2018, 06:17 PM

hooperflash
10-19-2018, 07:29 PM
I think he’ll come back even better

ace3g
10-19-2018, 07:39 PM
BpIjGLZA7bA

Mr. Body
10-19-2018, 07:55 PM
Just spend the whole fucking time hoisting jumpshots.

davidbowie
10-20-2018, 01:18 AM
BpIjGLZA7bA

they back together AGAIN......damn drama relationship lol

hooperflash
10-20-2018, 01:58 AM
they back together AGAIN......damn drama relationship lol
He probably told her no more of that YouTube stuff :lol

venitian navigator
10-20-2018, 02:21 AM
get well soon DJM!!!