exstatic
10-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Our new PG!!!

MoSpur02
10-09-2018, 02:18 PM
I believe a year or so ago Sam Presti was pretty high on him

ceperez
10-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Well, now they have the wing defender to replace Murray.

Problem solved.

playbonner15
10-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Our new PG!!!
:lol

phxspurfan
10-09-2018, 03:04 PM
LOL I look for highlights on him and the first video I click has him shitting on Forbes

LMjkJkD4cYk

Larry O
10-09-2018, 03:04 PM
WOW! Scratching my head! Just before training camp officially opened up, Huestis was there, & was signed to a camp invite contract. Then he did a Houdini & POOF! He gone! Was/Was Not on the roster; no shows for games & on the bench; no information on his status & BAM! DJ is done for the year, & he suddenly shows up again.... hmmm... yeah, it looks like the Spurs, due to DJ's injury, have changed their tune to the glaring need of a wing defender. It will be interesting to see where they will decide to put him... the starting line-up or coming off the bench. TBH, this team also needs a scoring punch, especially in the startng line-up, which Huestis lacks, unfortunatly, but he's young, compared with vets like Q-Pon & Chunningham. So, this gives Pop another excuse/player for his line-up experiments. BUT his wing defense is needed, since DJ was our best wing defender on the starting line-up. Hmmm... it will also be interesting to see if they will also go ahead & put PG camp invitee, Nick Johnson on a two-way contract or look outside to an unsigned vet for PG injury insurance. Haven't seen where the roster stands now, but it sure is hard to predict what PATFO will do next, but let's hope for the best? GSG!!!

Degoat
10-09-2018, 03:12 PM
I’m cool with the signing, spurs need all of the possible defenders they can get but with that being said I do think they some type of playmaker like Crawford too.

ceperez
10-09-2018, 03:17 PM
WOW! Scratching my head! Just before training camp officially opened up, Huestis was there, & was signed to a camp invite contract. Then he did a Houdini & POOF! He gone! Was/Was Not on the roster; no shows for games & on the bench; no information on his status & BAM! DJ is done for the year, & he suddenly shows up again.... hmmm... yeah, it looks like the Spurs, due to DJ's injury, have changed their tune to the glaring need of a wing defender. It will be interesting to see where they will decide to put him... the starting line-up or coming off the bench. TBH, this team also needs a scoring punch, especially in the startng line-up, which Huestis lacks, unfortunatly, but he's young, compared with vets like Q-Pon & Chunningham. So, this gives Pop another excuse/player for his line-up experiments. BUT his wing defense is needed, since DJ was our best wing defender on the starting line-up. Hmmm... it will also be interesting to see if they will also go ahead & put PG camp invitee, Nick Johnson on a two-way contract or look outside to an unsigned vet for PG injury insurance. Haven't seen where the roster stands now, but it sure is hard to predict what PATFO will do next, but let's hope for the best? GSG!!!

It appears that Huestis got injured last month and may still be recovering. Also may explain why previously 19 slots were filled. They left a 20th slot open.

Honestly, after Carmelo manhandled Bertans, the Spurs really need a guy the size of Huestis to be able to guard a guy like Anthony.

SAGirl
10-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Wtf? Mystery man

phxspurfan
10-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Btw Spurs going big with a bunch of 6'7" guys is a good sign. Very :lol Today's NBA :lol

SAGirl
10-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Btw Spurs going big with a bunch of 6'7" guys is a good sign. Very :lol Today's NBA :lol
A according to ceperez he has a Jones fracture...

phxspurfan
10-09-2018, 03:38 PM
A according to ceperez he has a Jones fracture...

And our medical staff is world class :lol just ask Kawhi

SAGirl
10-09-2018, 03:42 PM
He got the 2 way contract. Blossom is no longer a Spur I assume, after getting waived and not signing a 2 way deal. Spurs signed Huestis to the 2 way deal despite the injurt. I assume they liked him better in practices. It just sucks the San Antonio media did such a poor job.

bklynspursfan
10-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Yea, Kawhi and his camp are such reputable people.

Keepin' it real
10-09-2018, 03:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/rI9O6UXkCjvTG/giphy.gifhttps://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/884/521/353.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/rI9O6UXkCjvTG/giphy.gif

8FOR!3
10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Huestis is a legit wing defender so that's good news. Outside of that, meh.

r0drig0lac
10-09-2018, 04:02 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/rI9O6UXkCjvTG/giphy.gifhttps://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/884/521/353.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/rI9O6UXkCjvTG/giphy.gif

who...estis

tbdog
10-09-2018, 04:17 PM
This makes me think spurs will play DD as point, where I assumed he would after Murray went down.

John B
10-09-2018, 04:17 PM
I hope Chip can work on his jumpshots

r0drig0lac
10-09-2018, 04:23 PM
This makes me think spurs will play DD as point, where I assumed he would after Murray went down.

I would really like a lineup with everyone above 6'5 '' preferably with Bertans like sf or pf and Aldridge as center

J_Paco
10-09-2018, 04:28 PM
I’m cool with the signing, spurs need all of the possible defenders they can get but with that being said I do think they some type of playmaker like Crawford too.

Crawford isn't a playmaker, buddy. He's a chucker that only looks for his own offense.

exstatic
10-09-2018, 04:33 PM
He got the 2 way contract. Blossom is no longer a Spur I assume, after getting waived and not signing a 2 way deal. Spurs signed Huestis to the 2 way deal despite the injurt. I assume they liked him better in practices. It just sucks the San Antonio media did such a poor job.

It's an exhibit 10 contract, which CAN, but does not have to morph into a two way contract. If they sign him to a two way, there are some gyrations to go through to convert it to a full time NBA contract. This way, he can be cut, converted to a two way, or signed to an NBA contract. Flexibility.

sasaint
10-09-2018, 04:33 PM
who...estis

Well done!

Hoops Czar
10-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Bottom of the barrel meet bottom of the barrel. This guy isn't even worthy of his own thread of acknowledgement.

ceperez
10-09-2018, 04:54 PM
It's an exhibit 10 contract, which CAN, but does not have to morph into a two way contract. If they sign him to a two way, there are some gyrations to go through to convert it to a full time NBA contract. This way, he can be cut, converted to a two way, or signed to an NBA contract. Flexibility.

There's one two way contract that's available. I've got no idea why Huestis wasn't just signed for that. There is no way (being injured) that he can compete for the 15th spot. It's up to Pondexter to lose.

Degoat
10-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Not necessarily saying that Crawford can create shots for others but outside of derozan is there really anybody on the team that you could say is a playmaker?? The jury’s still out on Derrick White, I like him but he’s got to prove it first. At least Crawford is typically a big shot maker, plus him and Murray are close, it would be good for dejounte to have his mentor on the team while he rehabs.

Pavlov
10-09-2018, 05:03 PM
It's an exhibit 10 contract, which CAN, but does not have to morph into a two way contract. If they sign him to a two way, there are some gyrations to go through to convert it to a full time NBA contract. This way, he can be cut, converted to a two way, or signed to an NBA contract. Flexibility.I would think waiving him while injured would give him the full NBA salary but I don't know about these new fangled contracts.

Larry O
10-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Speaking of Crawford, just checked Hoopshype.com, & according to them, "there were rumblings of a possible paring with free agent, guard, Jaml Crawford, but those talks did not gain traction." Hmmm... wonder what is up with that? PATFO doing their due diligence? It's weird that Huestis is signed to a exhibit 10 contract, with an injury as he has, but again, I guess they see something in him, especially in his defensive skills. Not holding my breath on this, but things just seems to revolve in & out just like a turnstyle at a subway station! Any who, GSG!!!

spursparker9
10-09-2018, 05:49 PM
I prefer Josh Howard

tbdog
10-09-2018, 05:58 PM
I think starting lineup will consist of DD, Mills, Gay, and LMA. I just don't know which way Pop will go at PF/C.

weebo
10-09-2018, 06:13 PM
So this is what it feels like to be the Charlotte Hornets...

John B
10-09-2018, 06:15 PM
I think starting lineup will consist of DD, Mills, Gay, and LMA. I just don't know which way Pop will go at PF/C.
i wouldn’t mind putting Huestis here with his help defense. Just that people says he can’t shoot.

ace3g
10-09-2018, 06:26 PM
BouUF4uAgBn

ceperez
10-09-2018, 06:37 PM
" I officially became a member of the spurs organization" ... what's that supposed to mean? It's like he has a long term deal and not an exhibit 10 contract that lasts a few days.

objective
10-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Spurs didn't have anything up on that board or paper that will make them look dumb like Vlade or Orlando did they?

Pavlov
10-09-2018, 06:47 PM
" I officially became a member of the spurs organization" ... what's that supposed to mean? It's like he has a long term deal and not an exhibit 10 contract that lasts a few days.Since he's injured it most likely means he's signed for the year since he'd probably get paid for the year if waived. Makes no sense to sign him if they don't plan on his being here after he's recovered.

exstatic
10-09-2018, 07:32 PM
From Netsdaily.com

There are 50 players who have signed a contract with the Exhibit 10, a new type of deal in the most recent collective bargaining agreement (CBA).

A player who is signed to a contract with an Exhibit 10 will receive a bonus up to $50,000 if he signs a contract with the team's G League affiliate upon being waived from the parent club.

However, there is a catch. A player waived by Oct. 17 must report to his G League affiliate by Oct. 20 and remain there for at least 60 days to receive the bonus (in addition to the G League salary). Unlike last season, when a team would incur a salary-cap hit for players with partially guaranteed money who were eventually waived at the end of training camp, an NBA team will not have a cap charge for the bonus money awarded.

A player signed with an Exhibit 10 can also be converted to a two-way contract by the first day of the regular season. The bonus would then be rescinded and the two-way contract would apply.

Stabula
10-09-2018, 07:43 PM

8FOR!3
10-09-2018, 07:51 PM
BouUF4uAgBn

Fatterhead? lol

SAGirl
10-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Thanks for clarifying that up. The SA media and press has been awful about their coverage this season. I don't care about Kawhi anymore (old news) yet they were still asking Murray about that.

I cared to know what was going on with the camp invitees and they did a very poor job informing fans or rather not even reporting about this dudes status.

I guess he'll rehab that injury and stay in Austin I got not trouble or concern with that.

ceperez
10-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Thanks for clarifying that up. The SA media and press has been awful about their coverage this season. I don't care about Kawhi anymore (old news) yet they were still asking Murray about that.

I cared to know what was going on with the camp invitees and they did a very poor job informing fans or rather not even reporting about this dudes status.

I guess he'll rehab that injury and stay in Austin I got not trouble or concern with that.

If he's going to Austin, then only a two-way contract will lock him up for San Antonio. Signing Austin still allows him to called-up by anyone.

exstatic
10-09-2018, 08:59 PM
If he's going to Austin, then only a two-way contract will lock him up for San Antonio. Signing Austin still allows him to called-up by anyone.

There didn’t seem to be any great demand for his services when healthy. Doubt he gets poached while in a cast.

ceperez
10-09-2018, 09:10 PM
There didn’t seem to be any great demand for his services when healthy. Doubt he gets poached while in a cast.

I think you protest too much.

exstatic
10-09-2018, 09:13 PM
I think you protest too much.

That’s just, like, your opinion, man.

I think the Spurs will take their chances not protecting a player in a cast for the next 6-12 weeks, depending.

sasaint
10-09-2018, 09:15 PM

Is it possible that Huestis was injured while working out informally with the Spurs, and this is their way of doing "right" by him? I am really struggling to make any sense of this signing. Lose two guys to injury and then immediately sign another injured player as a replacement...?

Larry O
10-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Hmmm... just read an article from The Sporting News that the Spurs DO NOT plan to sign or go after a PG due to Murray's injury. So, it sounds like Huestis could be it with the signings? But due to Murray's season ending injury, I wonder if the Spurs can fill the roster spot with another player, if so, could Q-Pon be added, or perhaps another player they already have on the camp roster? GSG!!!

r0drig0lac
10-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Hmmm... just read an article from The Sporting News that the Spurs DO NOT plan to sign or go after a PG due to Murray's injury. So, it sounds like Huestis could be it with the signings? But due to Murray's season ending injury, I wonder if the Spurs can fill the roster spot with another player, if so, could Q-Pon be added, or perhaps another player they already have on the camp roster? GSG!!!

Pop can run with Derozan/White/Mills as pg, so ok

ceperez
10-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Is it possible that Huestis was injured while working out informally with the Spurs, and this is their way of doing "right" by him? I am really struggling to make any sense of this signing. Lose two guys to injury and then immediately sign another injured player as a replacement...?

I don't know what's going on. Back in September, he got a camp invite:

https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1041732001450156032

Hard to tell if Blossomgame being waived has anything to do with this. What's weird is how quick they were to waive Blossomgame after Murray was lost.

Doesn't make sense to get the exhibit 10 twice!

I suspect he's been promised at least the two-way contract or the 15th spot.

It's just weird to sign an injured player.

sasaint
10-09-2018, 10:33 PM
I don't know what's going on. Back in September, he got a camp invite:

https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1041732001450156032

Hard to tell if Blossomgame being waived has anything to do with this. What's weird is how quick they were to waive Blossomgame after Murray was lost.

Doesn't make sense to get the exhibit 10 twice!

I suspect he's been promised at least the two-way contract or the 15th spot.

It's just weird to sign an injured player.

Wasn't there a photo/photos posted of Huestis with other Spurs at the Spurs' facility even before the camp invite?

JeffDuncan
10-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Hmmm... just read an article from The Sporting News that the Spurs DO NOT plan to sign or go after a PG due to Murray's injury. ...

:pop: Why would I sign a point guard when Chris Bosh is available?

buujness
10-10-2018, 04:03 AM
Hmmm... just read an article from The Sporting News that the Spurs DO NOT plan to sign or go after a PG due to Murray's injury. So, it sounds like Huestis could be it with the signings? But due to Murray's season ending injury, I wonder if the Spurs can fill the roster spot with another player, if so, could Q-Pon be added, or perhaps another player they already have on the camp roster? GSG!!!Not much point to sign a player who will rarely see the floor. That money would be better spent looking for someone who can somewhat replicate Murray's defense on the perimeter, regardless of position. Whether they do that now, they poach someone from Europe ala Aron Baynes, or they wait until the buyout market remains to be seen.

playbonner15
10-10-2018, 04:33 AM
Fatterhead? lol
I have a feeling FO is now just collecting Fatheads around the league

ceperez
10-10-2018, 05:06 AM
Exhibit 10 was signed back in September, I've got no idea what he just signed a few days ago.

See: https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/player.php?id=3624

SAGirl
10-10-2018, 05:16 AM
Exhibit 10 was signed back in September, I've got no idea what he just signed a few days ago.

See: https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/player.php?id=3624He wasn’t signed back in September. That was probably an offer for him to consider. He got injured so he took it. That’s how I view it anyways. Had he been healthy perhaps he’d made a lot more in China.

ceperez
10-10-2018, 05:44 AM
He wasn’t signed back in September. That was probably an offer for him to consider. He got injured so he took it. That’s how I view it anyways. Had he been healthy perhaps he’d made a lot more in China.

Could be that it was misreported that he did sign. Anyway, it's still strange to sign an injured player that won't play in about a month. I hope that means the Spurs think he's got potential.

exstatic
10-10-2018, 06:36 AM

Huestis WILL be cut, and by the 17th. His exhibit 10 is designed to pay him a 50k bonus if he signs and reports to Austin by the 20th and stays for at least 60 days. He gets the bonus, his d-league salary, and rehab and medical care.

ceperez
10-10-2018, 06:49 AM
Huestis WILL be cut, and by the 17th. His exhibit 10 is designed to pay him a 50k bonus if he signs and reports to Austin by the 20th and stays for at least 60 days. He gets the bonus, his d-league salary, and rehab and medical care.

He's risen from the dead before, so I expect him to exceed your expectations again.

exstatic
10-10-2018, 07:05 AM
He's risen from the dead before, so I expect him to exceed your expectations again.

It’s stunning how utterly obtuse you are. It’s not about expectations. You yourself asked if this was their way of taking care of him being injured on their watch, and I explained exactly how that was so. They’ll rehab and care for him in Austin for a couple months, and throw him a 50k sweetener. Got it?

sasaint
10-10-2018, 07:33 AM
It’s stunning how utterly obtuse you are. It’s not about expectations. You yourself asked if this was their way of taking care of him being injured on their watch, and I explained exactly how that was so. They’ll rehab and care for him in Austin for a couple months, and throw him a 50k sweetener. Got it?

Actually, that was my query. And thanks for confirming my hypothesis with specifics. :toast

JPB
10-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Hu ? estis

sananspursfan21
10-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Secret weapon.

ElNono
10-10-2018, 08:33 PM
:lobt2:

Holden_Caulfield
10-11-2018, 12:31 AM
even with murray we had no real pg and now we really dont have any pg. white, mills and forbes are 2s in a 1s body :lol this is gonna be a disaster

TheCerebral1
10-11-2018, 10:46 AM
This team will barely make it into the playoffs and be bounced. God, it's going to be miserable watching trash like DeRozan.

Ron Swanson
10-11-2018, 12:27 PM
He’s gone.

ceperez
10-11-2018, 12:29 PM
https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/1050437793489539075

BatManu20
10-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Ok. Over/under 12 games before he’s back in SA

ceperez
10-11-2018, 12:38 PM

He'll be back

SAGirl
10-11-2018, 01:27 PM
The dude has a jones fracture, so over.

Larry O
10-11-2018, 02:41 PM
This yo-yo back and forth signing, waiving signing waiving, can make one sea sick! If he gets back to form while in the G-League, will they sign another contract to join the big league again? Well, in PATFO we trust...
:spin GSG!!!

Chinook
10-11-2018, 02:46 PM
I would think waiving him while injured would give him the full NBA salary but I don't know about these new fangled contracts.

Nope. TC contracts aren't guaranteed, even for injury. That's why they'll say "camp deal" rather than just "non-guaranteed contract". Outside of TC deals, you're correct that waiving an injured player tends to involve paying them at least something.

Pavlov
10-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Nope. TC contracts aren't guaranteed, even for injury. That's why they'll say "camp deal" rather than just "non-guaranteed contract". Outside of TC deals, you're correct that waiving an injured player tends to involve paying them at least something.That's a summer contract, which he was already playing under when he got injured in September. Are you saying he signed another one? Guess it's possible. Regardless, it looks like nothing had to be guaranteed in a regular contract either.

Chinook
10-11-2018, 02:58 PM
That's a summer contract, which he was already playing under when he got injured in September. Are you saying he signed another one? Guess it's possible. Regardless, it looks like nothing had to be guaranteed in a regular contract either.

What I'm saying is that X-10 deals are camp contracts (apparently known as X-9 deals), not regular contracts.

One Season, Non-Guaranteed Training Camp Contracts

Player contracts may include a provision for players 15 through 20 on a team’s roster that would eliminate ateam’s salary continuation obligation for training camp injuries after termination of the contract. This applies to one-year, non-guaranteed contracts. An injured player would receive a flat $6,000 termination fee instead of continued salary. A team must have at least 14 players under contract without such acontractual provision prior to signing a contract that includes such a provision.

https://www.nba.com/media/CBA101.pdf

And:

83. Can a Two-Way player be converted to a regular NBA player? Can a regular NBA player be converted to a Two-Way player? What is Exhibit 10?

If a standard NBA contract includes an attachment called Exhibit 10, the team receives the right to convert the contract to a Two-Way contract. Whether or not an eligible contract includes an Exhibit 10 is a matter of negotiation between the player and team. To be eligible to contain an Exhibit 10, a contract must be for one season at the minimum salary, with no bonuses of any kind (other than an optional Exhibit 10 bonus), and no compensation protection (see question number 63 (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q63))1.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q83

Pavlov
10-11-2018, 03:03 PM
What I'm saying is that X-10 deals are camp contracts (apparently known as X-9 deals), not regular contracts.

https://www.nba.com/media/CBA101.pdf

And:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q83He had already been playing under a summer contract when he was pictured at the training facility. Either that or he's an enormous idiot.

Chinook
10-11-2018, 03:09 PM
He had already been playing under a summer contract when he was pictured at the training facility. Either that or he's an enormous idiot.

The point I was making is that a) "summer contract" and "training-camp contract" are interchangeable -- Coon called it the former; the NBA called it the latter -- and b) X-10 deals also negate the injury rules. If you click on the CBA FAQ link, it talks about how X-10 deals usually contain X-9 provisions in them, but it's redundant.

It's not about being an idiot or not. The X-10 provision allows the Spurs to pay him up to $50k to get optioned to Austin. It doesn't have to be converted to a full two-way deal to incentivize Huestis to stay in the Spurs' system.

Pavlov
10-11-2018, 03:50 PM
The point I was making is that a) "summer contract" and "training-camp contract" are interchangeable -- Coon called it the former; the NBA called it the latter -- and b) X-10 deals also negate the injury rules. If you click on the CBA FAQ link, it talks about how X-10 deals usually contain X-9 provisions in them, but it's redundant.

It's not about being an idiot or not. The X-10 provision allows the Spurs to pay him up to $50k to get optioned to Austin. It doesn't have to be converted to a full two-way deal to incentivize Huestis to stay in the Spurs' system.I was only saying he was already playing under an expenses-only contract when he was injured. Maybe he signed the same contract again after receiving the injury payout for the first. I wouldn't be surprised.

Truth4sale$
10-12-2018, 07:51 AM
No offense game to speak of, could be Bruce Bowen light. Although they have a guy like that in the Gleague already(Washburn). So now they will have two, or 3 if they add Blossomgame.

ceperez
10-12-2018, 09:58 AM
A very long interview from Josh 'The Mystery Man' Huestis:

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2018/10/11/sunday-conversation-josh-huestis-excited-future-spurs/1608468002/

He's expecting to be back in December! Stay tuned!

ace3g
01-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Austin Spurs

POS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

Julian
Washburn
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1627395/) 10
SF
4-9
0-4
0-0

Chimezie
Metu
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1629002/) 7
PF
6-14
0-1
1-2

Drew
Eubanks
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1629234/) 14
C
10-13
0-0
6-7

Lonnie
Walker IV
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1629022/) 1
SG
2-12
0-1
0-0

Nick
Johnson
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/203910/) 13
PG
1-10
0-3
3-4

Amida
Brimah
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1628578/) 37

4-6
0-0
4-11

John
Holland
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/204066/) 11

5-9
2-5
1-2

Ben
Moore
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1628500/) 26

2-5
1-1
0-0

Josh
Huestis
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/203962/) 34

2-6

2-5

0-0

Demetri
McCamey
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/203175/) 15

0-2
0-2
0-0

Jordan
Green
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1626999/) 30

Maverick
Rowan
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1628777/) 2

Cameron
Rundles
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1629286/) 27

DeJuan
Blair
(https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/201971/) 45
DNP - Inactive

Total
-
-
36-86
5-22
15-26
-

Percentages

42%
23%
58%

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-08-2019, 10:40 PM
good on huestus but lonnie 2-12 wtff

exstatic
01-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Holy shit. Huestis hit 2 three pointers?

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Both makes were off screens. A flat shot but he's taking them. He's not in game shape but I like the way he's playing so far.

San Antonio Slayer
01-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Blair is back?! Did I miss something with New Year celebrating?

playbonner15
01-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Huestis - the missing piece to a chip :lobt2:

playbonner15
01-09-2019, 09:46 AM
This team will barely make it into the playoffs and be bounced. God, it's going to be miserable watching trash like DeRozan.

BackHome
01-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Man besides Eubanks everyone was terrible last night did they all get stomach posioning?

Just curious who do you think has more upside or who is a better fit to be brought up Huestis or Ben Moore?

Dverde
01-09-2019, 10:05 AM

2-12 shows confidence. He knows these games mean nothing. Just getting reps.

John B
01-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Holy shit. Huestis hit 2 three pointers?
3 and D bruh. I hope he continues. Better than Cunningham I hope.

John B
01-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Man besides Eubanks everyone was terrible last night did they all get stomach posioning?

Just curious who do you think has more upside or who is a better fit to be brought up Huestis or Ben Moore?
So far I’m not impressed with Moore. He’s a glue guy and a bruiser though and I like him.
Huestis is a more prototypical SF, long and athletic, better on closeouts, blocking shots. He fits more what the Spurs need, right? I hope he continues his better shooting.

We’re stacked baby :downspin:

SpursDynasty85
01-09-2019, 12:01 PM
2-12 shows confidence. He knows these games mean nothing. Just getting reps.

That's a bad way to approach it if you want to get playing time with the Spurs.

Dverde
01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
That's a bad way to approach it if you want to get playing time with the Spurs.

Worked for Bryn Forbes.

superbigtime
01-09-2019, 12:13 PM
impressive line for Eubanks. don't know much about him but read that he was a 4 star #1 ranked HS player in Oregon when he signed on to Oregon St. Passed on Sr year to enter the draft but went undrafted. No one talks much about him. Seems way better than end of bench stiffs in the past including last year. Do Spurs have a bona fide player here?

SpursDynasty85
01-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Worked for Bryn Forbes.

He can't just use the game as a jumpshot practice session. G League is competitive. In fact Spurs are struggling to get wins. First and foremost you gotta learn how to win games. Bryn did that pretty well and put up stats. Same with White.

Leetonidas
01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Heustis would certainly be an improvement over Cunningham. Hope he can work his way back up and earn a spot at the end of the bench

exstatic
01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
3 and D bruh. I hope he continues. Better than Cunningham I hope.

He’s never had the 3 before, but his D is top notch. Even 34-35%3s gets him a spot on the roster, likely next year.

ceperez
01-09-2019, 01:05 PM

Not good for Lonnie. Still inconsistent, needs to fix that!

ceperez
01-09-2019, 01:07 PM
He’s never had the 3 before, but his D is top notch. Even 34-35%3s gets him a spot on the roster, likely next year.

I'll take some elite D at the SF spot versus no D (as in Cunningham). Against the likes of GSW and OKC, somebody needs to pick up Durant or George on defense. You don't want DeRozan or Gay doing this job.

exstatic
01-09-2019, 01:14 PM
I'll take some elite D at the SF spot versus no D (as in Cunningham). Against the likes of GSW and OKC, somebody needs to pick up Durant or George on defense. You don't want DeRozan or Gay doing this job.

The thing is, you literally couldn’t play him. His offense wasn’t a zero, it was negative. If you check his NBA shooting charts on bbref, in about a seasons worth of games, spread over several seasons, he’s never made a jumper between 16-20 feet. Never.

8FOR!3
01-09-2019, 01:16 PM
How is Andre Roberson viewed as a legit starting 2 guard in the league but huestis isn’t viable bc he can’t shoot? They do the same things

exstatic
01-09-2019, 01:21 PM
How is Andre Roberson viewed as a legit starting 2 guard in the league but huestis isn’t viable bc he can’t shoot? They do the same things

That tells you how bad Huestis offense is. OKC CHOSE Roberson over him. They saw Roberson’s broken ass jumper as better.

Spurs da champs
01-09-2019, 02:06 PM
That tells you how bad Huestis offense is. OKC CHOSE Roberson over him. They saw Roberson’s broken ass jumper as better.
That, and his (Roberson) defense was that good.

ceperez
01-09-2019, 02:17 PM
OKC played Huestis 14 mpg in 2017-2018 for 69 games (he started 10 games)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/huestjo01.html

did he do well? Nope.

Could he do better than Cunningham? Maybe, worth a try when he gets better.

I'm saying that Spurs need a defensive-SF that doesn't get in the way in offense and can play some resemblance in defense.

Seventyniner
01-09-2019, 02:57 PM

But not until then. It's no accident that the Spurs taking off has coincided with Cunningham falling out of the rotation. Adding a player who might not even be as good as him shouldn't move the needle.

spurraider21
01-09-2019, 03:09 PM
OKC played Huestis 14 mpg in 2017-2018 for 69 games (he started 10 games)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/huestjo01.html

did he do well? Nope.

I'm saying that Spurs need a defensive-SF that doesn't get in the way in offense and can play some resemblance in defense.
thats certainly a good trait for a defensive-SF

#ceperez

ceperez
01-09-2019, 03:12 PM
But not until then. It's no accident that the Spurs taking off has coincided with Cunningham falling out of the rotation. Adding a player who might not even be as good as him shouldn't move the needle.

No disagreement. If Huestis can prove that he's ready to be part of the bench, then that's a good development. If he simply can't improve his game then worse case we still with pondexter and cunningham (or someone else).

Chinook
01-09-2019, 03:20 PM

Huestis hasn't just been a bad outside shooter. He's been a bad shooter from everywhere on the court. That's not the case with Roberson, who did just fine near the rim. I've mentioned it a few times, but Danny Green crushes Huestis when it comes to shooting efficiency on drives. Just wastes him. That should tell you just how bad he is on that end. Also, he's actually not been a very good defender in the pros. Folks talk about him like he was some ace, but he's been nothing near how White has been.

ceperez
01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Huestis hasn't just been a bad outside shooter. He's been a bad shooter from everywhere on the court. That's not the case with Roberson, who did just fine near the rim. I've mentioned it a few times, but Danny Green crushes Huestis when it comes to shooting efficiency on drives. Just wastes him. That should tell you just how bad he is on that end. Also, he's actually not been a very good defender in the pros. Folks talk about him like he was some ace, but he's been nothing near how White has been.

Agree that he's nowhere near how White has been defensively.

RC_Drunkford
01-09-2019, 04:21 PM
He can't just use the game as a jumpshot practice session. G League is competitive. In fact Spurs are struggling to get wins. First and foremost you gotta learn how to win games. Bryn did that pretty well and put up stats. Same with White.

a team with Lonnie Walker, Ben Moore, Huestis, Metu, Blair, Brimah and them should not struggle to win games. That's not a good sign for our prospects

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 04:56 PM
This game Ahearn wanted to push his big man advantage which made sense and the numbers from Eubanks and Brimah prove that. OKC used their speed and defense effectively, taking advantage of the Toros' handling issues resulting in 28 turnovers -- ten from the Spurs send-downs.

This lineup will probably get better as they play more. Losing Ledbetter was pretty big though.

ceperez
01-09-2019, 04:56 PM
a team with Lonnie Walker, Ben Moore, Huestis, Metu, Blair, Brimah and them should not struggle to win games. That's not a good sign for our prospects

Yeah, I agree. This Austin team is not winning games!!

Austin should be winning games even with marginal talent because the system should take care of the winning.

RC_Drunkford
01-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I agree. This Austin team is not winning games!!

Austin should be winning games even with marginal talent because the system should take care of the winning.

I mean people expect Moore, Walker, Huestis, Metu and maybe even Eubanks to be future NBA players. They should destroy teams in the G-League if that was the case

ceperez
01-09-2019, 07:35 PM
I mean people expect Moore, Walker, Huestis, Metu and maybe even Eubanks to be future NBA players. They should destroy teams in the G-League if that was the case

Yeah, disappointing for these five (who all have played in the NBA, 3 of them drafted).

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Meh, there is more parity in the league since two-way players have been introduced. Most teams are going to have four or five borderline NBA players at any given time. That might actually lead to some stunting of development compared to earlier years where you could just feed the stars nonstop like summer league, but the relative increase of talent is ultimately a plus for the league and the players in it.

Turnovers are going to dog this team for awhile; just illustrates the critical need for competent point guards in the G-League. The Toros currently have maybe half of one.

ceperez
01-09-2019, 07:44 PM
Heustis looks completely out of shape as compared to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1c2gIIGSI4

ace3g
01-11-2019, 07:40 PM
https://twitter.com/WylieTom/status/1083836392923262976

ace3g
03-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Spurs now have open roster spot to add Huestis.

Dverde
03-01-2019, 08:01 PM
It will be more telling if the Spurs don’t bring him up.

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Hes not even worth a roster spot in Austin....

He's as inefficient as post achilles kobe or Manure post 2012

BackHome
03-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Rather bring up Ben Moore for a look.

ace3g
03-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Rather bring up Ben Moore for a look.

Huestis is your prototypical SF (Spurs need) but I'd be ok with Moore as well - at least now we finally have the opportunity to try people out.

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Huestis is your prototypical SF (Spurs need) but I'd be ok with Moore as well - at least now we finally have the opportunity to try people out.
He's a prototypical scrub, so yes, he is a need for PATFO

ace3g
03-01-2019, 08:45 PM
I forget Spurs don't need perimeter defense...

Truth4sale$
03-01-2019, 09:08 PM
Huestis has no offensive game. At least Bowen could hit the corner 3, even Cunningham can do that now. I think even pondexter might be better than Huestis. Right now Huestis is classic tweener, he is too small for Power forward but lack skills to be an offensive small forward.
I wanna kick the tires on Ben moore and see what the Spurs have.

ceperez
03-01-2019, 09:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnF9ENQTIYc

His shot is improving, less hesitant. Also he's recovering well from an injury.

ace3g
03-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Huestis has no offensive game. At least Bowen could hit the corner 3, even Cunningham can do that now. I think even pondexter might be better than Huestis. Right now Huestis is classic tweener, he is too small for Power forward but lack skills to be an offensive small forward.
I wanna kick the tires on Ben moore and see what the Spurs have.

He might be a tweener in terms of offensive game but he is a true SF, can guard 1-3.

alpha_HaZE
03-02-2019, 03:42 AM
How about some one like Darrel Arthur, do we know if he is healthy? I know he can shoot the three, but, I am not sure how much of his athleticism is still there, due to injuries. Does anyone have info on him???

dbestpro
03-02-2019, 05:12 AM
The Spurs do not have a true SF on the roster. They have plenty of people who can shoot the ball but few who can play defense. We need the best available defensive SF. No other position will do. Period. If you want to kick tires, go work at Pep Boys.

John B
03-02-2019, 08:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnF9ENQTIYc

His shot is improving, less hesitant. Also he's recovering well from an injury.
Tbh Huestis has better offensive rhythm than Dante on this clip. Spurs can really use his athleticism and perimeter defense. I hope he keeps improving his offense not to be a liability like Dante.

HankChinaski
03-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Hopefully into the off season he continues this trend of improvement has a opportunity to join the Spurs in San Antonio with a contract if he continues to progress upward.

He has a golden opportunity with the Spurs with a position of need if he can show he isn't a dead weight on the offensive end.

HankChinaski
03-02-2019, 11:36 AM
There is something to be said about the Spurs player developmental staff. They really have a knack of getting the most out of what often seems like a lemon. Whether it's a contract with the Spurs themselves or an opportunity to create a lifeline an career elsewhere overseas or on the bench in a different role.

spurs50_
03-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Did he ever finish that pizza?

exstatic
03-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Tbh Huestis has better offensive rhythm than Dante on this clip. Spurs can really use his athleticism and perimeter defense. I hope he keeps improving his offense not to be a liability like Dante.

That’s why you shouldn’t put much stock in YouTube clips. His numbers in the gleague are far worse than Cunningham’s NBaa numbers.

wildbill2u
03-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Spurs have a knack for developing unknown undrafted players into serviceable G League players. It's much harder to develop then into serviceable NBA players. Even harder to take someone like a Bowen or White to a starter job.

We seem to be in a season where some experimentation with new guys and bringing some guys up from Austin to take a look may be in order. I've had all I need to see of Cunningham. Pau is gone in favor of Poertl. Might as well throw Walker some time in lieu of Forbes and Mills. If Heustis is worth a look or Ewbank, Im ok with it.

John B
03-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Pau’s departure should see some Huestis, Moore or Eubanks. Metu is too raw but Pop seem to see something in him. I think an athletic SF. But he has to hit outside shots. He plays smallball C though.

ace3g
03-30-2019, 12:13 PM
Bvc52E_DVKW

5th professional season in the books...By far the most challenging season of my entire basketball career both physically and mentally. Spending an offseason working every day and reaching the most skilled and prepared I’ve ever been, only to have it put on pause in an instant after breaking my foot. Fighting through 16 weeks of rehab before being able to play the game I love again. This season was filled with highs and quite a few lows, but I’ve weathered the storm and I’m excited to start anew this offseason and work harder than I ever have to get to where I belong. Thanks to the Spurs for everything they’ve done for me. And to all those who’ve supported me through it all. Can’t wait for year 6

wildbill2u
03-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Reward for hustle and attitude of G League player is to bring them up to the Big Show for a 10 day contract. Nice tradition by the Spurs and he may even get some minutes in spot situations

exstatic
03-30-2019, 05:32 PM
Reward for hustle and attitude of G League player is to bring them up to the Big Show for a 10 day contract. Nice tradition by the Spurs and he may even get some minutes in spot situations

They don’t have a roster spot for a ten day.

Dverde
03-30-2019, 06:36 PM
Spurs obviously didn’t think he was ready to play on this year’s team. I read 76ers gave me a look too. I wonder if he’s willing to play summer league.

ace3g
05-23-2019, 06:32 PM
https://twitter.com/NicolaLupo99/status/1130849772254900225

slick'81
05-23-2019, 06:47 PM
Bye bye josh