PDA

View Full Version : we need to play metu

duncan2k5
10-16-2018, 03:34 PM
what do we have to lose? season is lost...play white and metu...lets see what we have...gasol is fuking done...the benefits he sometimes gives on offense (sometimes) is overshot by his poor defense...things that u see in game but are not quantafiable by metrics...poor defensive footwork, inability to guard screens or perimeter players when pop predictably switches every pick and roll...these things are death in today's league

Pavlov
10-16-2018, 03:35 PM
:lol you still don't know White is injured.

KDKSpurs24
10-16-2018, 03:41 PM

phxspurfan
10-16-2018, 04:06 PM
yes #metu

Kobe'sAchilles
10-16-2018, 04:08 PM
what do we have to lose? season is lost...play white and metu...lets see what we have...gasol is fuking done...the benefits he sometimes gives on offense (sometimes) is overshot by his poor defense...things that u see in game but are not quantafiable by metrics...poor defensive footwork, inability to guard screens or perimeter players when pop predictably switches every pick and roll...these things are death in today's league

Bro White is Hurt...

turkish spurs fan
10-16-2018, 04:09 PM
who is metu? what have i missed?

Dex
10-16-2018, 04:14 PM
1) White is injured.
2) The Spurs have been playing Metu.
3) You don't need to use three periods to end every sentence.

DJR210
10-16-2018, 04:20 PM

:lol to be fair he can hardly get clean water in the VI, let alone up to the week Spurs news

SpursDynasty85
10-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Metu will get minutes. Sadly the only way I see him getting a solid amount though is if Cunningham and/or Bertans sucks it up.

Dex
10-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Metu will get minutes. Sadly the only way I see him getting a solid amount though is if Cunningham and/or Bertans sucks it up.

I mean...that's not exactly a hail mary pass right there.

SpursDynasty85
10-16-2018, 05:56 PM
I mean...that's not exactly a hail mary pass right there.

I'm really rooting for Bertans and now that we have so many injuries Cunningham needs to play a solid chunk at the e and hold his own. So both need to play well for the Spurs to make the playoffs and Metu will be sprinkled in. Saying this, I also want Metu to get his chance this year. Lots of roster confusion. If Metu can progress and surprise like Kuzma did a year ago, I will be one happy camper.

Dex
10-16-2018, 06:03 PM
I'm really rooting for Bertans and now that we have so many injuries Cunningham needs to play a solid chunk at the e and hold his own. So both need to play well for the Spurs to make the playoffs and Metu will be sprinkled in. Saying this, I also want Metu to get his chance this year. Lots of roster confusion. If Metu can progress and surprise like Kuzma did a year ago, I will be one happy camper.

I agree, I'm not cheering for either guy to fail. I think Cunningham's ceiling is lower than Bertans with this squad, but they will still need him to be serviceable if they want to compete.

That being said...if one of them does waver or, even worse, gets injured...I think Metu is next in line for some PF minutes.

Leetonidas
10-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Actually agree with OP for once tbh. Spurs ceiling is winning 2 games in the second round. They should just focus on playing hard and giving the young guys minutes to develop for next season.

Leetonidas
10-16-2018, 06:42 PM
:lol to be fair he can hardly get clean water in the VI, let alone up to the week Spurs news

:lmao

ginobilized
10-16-2018, 10:10 PM
#metoo on #metu

DJR210
10-17-2018, 08:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/3OfhFmG.jpg

phxspurfan
11-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Maybe could have used #metu last night in place of Purrrrtl

LCM
11-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Metu has been assigned to Austin

SAGirl
11-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the update. :tu

LCM
11-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the update. :tu

Toros have a game tomorrow. Metu will get some playing time Friday, be recalled for the game against the Rockets, and then be sent back.

jermaine
11-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Pop doesn't read Spurstalk... So he doesn't know how you guys feel.

tmtcsc
11-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Purrrrtl

Beautiful. Just a big Austrian goofball since he made the move down here. Plays SOFT and as though he has 2 left feet.

SpursDynasty85
11-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Sad but hopeful seeing this. If our defense, bertans, and Cunnungham are not cutting it and Metu is playing well, he should be called up, especially if one of them get injured. The Austin's Spurs, for rookies, is a really good way to get better and contribute right away.

LCM
11-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Sad but hopeful seeing this. If our defense, bertans, and Cunnungham are not cutting it and Metu is playing well, he should be called up, especially if one of them get injured. The Austin's Spurs, for rookies, is a really good way to get better and contribute right away.

I think he's going to spend a decent amount of the season in Austin learning. I think that he, Blossomgame, Washburn, and Eubanks are going to give people headaches. But I don't think the Toros are going to win like they did last year. Huge guard play drop off from last year! I hope Metu developes his passing game more, while learning team defensive positioning to go along with the athletic ability of shot blocking. He should be watching Siakim and Ibaka videos to steal from their games to enhance his offensive skills.

BackHome
11-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Best chance of getting better is tanking this year and landing a spot of 9 to 12. In that range we can get a starting SF for sure which will help our whole rotation issues. If we get that I would not mind using our next first on another SF or even a PF since Rudy has to watch his minutes.

We do that and trade anyone of the following players Forbes, Mills, Gasol

Trade or release Poodle and bring over Nikola he is not soft at all.

SpursDynasty85
11-08-2018, 11:15 PM
I think he's going to spend a decent amount of the season in Austin learning. I think that he, Blossomgame, Washburn, and Eubanks are going to give people headaches. But I don't think the Toros are going to win like they did last year. Huge guard play drop off from last year! I hope Metu developes his passing game more, while learning team defensive positioning to go along with the athletic ability of shot blocking. He should be watching Siakim and Ibaka videos to steal from their games to enhance his offensive skills.

Siakim is good. Definitely think Metu has potential in all those areas you stated and hopefully he can help sooner rather than later.

objective
11-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Playing Metu wouldn't be fair to the over 30 scrubs that are on their way out of the league

duncan2k5
11-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Playing Metu wouldn't be fair to the over 30 scrubs that are on their way out of the league

These posts are never not funny.. Lmfao!

jehawk81
11-09-2018, 11:11 AM

:lol:lol:lol

BackHome
11-09-2018, 11:13 AM
We can’t play Metu cause we stealth tanking.

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Recalled today, FWIW.

https://austin.gleague.nba.com/news/san-antonio-recalls-chimezie-metu-from-austin-spurs/