PDA

View Full Version : Will the Spurs do the smart thing and be sellers by the deadline?

MaNu4Tres
10-17-2018, 09:13 AM
Players they should sell IF they are out of playoff contention come February.

Rudy Gay - He absolutely makes no sense for this team long term. If they can net a first round pick for him to a contender, I hope they pull the trigger.

Pau Gasol - He makes a lot of sense for a team that wants to shed salary. Spurs would have to take on salary for another year or two to fetch a first -- I think its worth a 1st. ( I.E- Pau to Portland for Evan Turner + 1st. SA would take on Turner salary for the 19/20 season).

Marco Belinelli - Playoff teams would be interested if he shows out this season from a scoring and shooting perspective.

Mugen
10-17-2018, 09:20 AM
You'd have Derozan pouting for the rest of the season if/when they move Rudy.

Everybody outside Walker, White, and Murray should be available tho, I agree.

SpursDynasty85
10-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Players they should sell come February:

Rudy Gay - He absolutely makes no sense for this team long term. If they can net a first round pick for him to a contender, I hope they pull the trigger.

Pau Gasol - He makes a lot of sense for a team that wants to shed salary. Spurs would have to take on salary for another year or two to fetch a first -- I think its worth a 1st. ( I.E- Pau to Portland for Evan Turner + 1st. SA would take on Turner salary for the 19/20 season).

Marco Belinelli - Playoff teams would be interested if he shows out this season from a scoring and shooting perspective.

Rudy is important especially to make DD comfortable. If he can stay healthy he can play another 2 or 3 years after this year.

Pau should be sent off I agree. Rather play Metu but you could say depth is needed at the big position too.

Fine with Marco leaving once Walker and White is back.

Patty can be moved too. I like Forbes much better at this price.

bklynspursfan
10-17-2018, 09:29 AM
Probably need to wait and see how they look by then. Gay is important for the reasons folks listed above. It's not always about skills or what you can do on the court, it's about fit. And people may not like it , but a guy like Patty fits well with the team ( i know he wasn't mentioned but just an example). Gay is a close friend of DD, and having him is important to keep him comfortable. Shipping him off half of DD's first year here doesn't make a lot of sense from that standpoint.

r0drig0lac
10-17-2018, 09:39 AM
Gay is the only forward with real size and athleticism of a nba basketball player on the roster, so no

MaNu4Tres
10-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Probably need to wait and see how they look by then. Gay is important for the reasons folks listed above. It's not always about skills or what you can do on the court, it's about fit. And people may not like it , but a guy like Patty fits well with the team ( i know he wasn't mentioned but just an example). Gay is a close friend of DD, and having him is important to keep him comfortable. Shipping him off half of DD's first year here doesn't make a lot of sense from that standpoint.

I dont think either Gay or DeRozan make sense long term.

But hey if fans want to give Rudy a 3/45 deal next summer and then give DeRozan the max extension when the opportunity comes up, to each their own.

Spurs should do whats best for the Spurs, not DeMar. Im sure DeMar will make more friends by February, and would understand if the season is lost by February.

Chinook
10-17-2018, 10:06 AM
I have a feeling the Spurs know what the smart thing is. Getting worse hardly ever seems to be that. Gay may well be traded if the team is bad and he wants to move on. But if they are the playoff team they still seem to be, they are going to keep him. They certainly don't look to be in the market to take on bad money for a pick. They aren't rebuilding. They have done a fine enough job of getting three good future guys and an extra first as it is.

SAGirl
10-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Frankly it depends how well they are playing by February. They have some redundant players and some needs to address. I am in favor of them rebuilding/retooling if the season goes south.

However I have a feeling that even with the injuries, this season will be much like last one in the sense that teams can still make the postseason up until the very last week of the regular season. I don't see the Spurs making moves, unless something too tempting to pass up appears.

bklynspursfan
10-17-2018, 10:17 AM

But hey if fans want to give Rudy a 3/45 deal next summer and then give DeRozan the max extension when the opportunity comes up, to each their own.

Spurs should do whats best for the Spurs, not DeMar. Im sure DeMar will make more friends by February, and would understand if the season is lost by February.

I mean sure, but I also don't think you're going to see them just tank it/and aggressively trade guys unless they're terrible. We haven't even seen DeRozan play meaningful games/minutes to know whether he makes sense long term. Who's to say he doesn't become a solid 3 point shooter and give us extra shooting + his playmaking ability? There's always a need for that.

I agree with what Chinook is saying tho, you can see a lot of the young talent we've gotten already, plus a 1st round pick. The guard/center position future looks bright

SpurSpike
10-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Manu4Tres I duno if its the injuries or the fact Manu retired but your posts are very negative lately.

Rudy Gay is one of our best players and yes i wouldn't mind paying him more next year if he proves durable. Plus he is FUN to watch, his game is so smooth.

Paul Gasol is still valuable to this team at least for this year. He isn't really a bad player its just his contract is too much but we can trade his contract easily in the off season so no need to do it by the deadline.

Marco Belinelli - your right playoff teams would be interested which is why the Spurs will keep him because they will be a playoff team!

Amuseddaysleeper
10-17-2018, 10:36 AM
Spot on, really wish the Spurs tanked hard this season and flipped Kawhi for picks.

The roster is very awkwardly built.

MaNu4Tres
10-17-2018, 10:40 AM
I guess people missed the part where I meant to say ** If they are out of playoff contention by the trade deadline.

My bad.

Hoops Czar
10-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Players they should sell IF they are out of playoff contention come February.

If they weren't sellers this offseason, there's literally no way in hrll they'll be sellers at the deadline.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-17-2018, 10:51 AM
They can't afford to be sellers. This is the franchise that lost money in the season they made the WCF. Even if the FO would like to consider blowing it up they likely will not get it approved.

MaNu4Tres
10-17-2018, 10:54 AM
They can't afford to be sellers. This is the franchise that lost money in the season they made the WCF. Even if the FO would like to consider blowing it up they likely will not get it approved.

Selling high on role players who can be easily replaced is not blowing it up.

The owners usually let Pop & RC do whatever they think is best. They gave them their approval for trading Kawhi during the season last year and did not demand win now pieces. The ultimate goal was a win now piece, a young prospect, plus a future asset in a 1st and they got all 3.

SpurSpike
10-17-2018, 10:57 AM
I guess people missed the part where I meant to say ** If they are out of playoff contention by the trade deadline.

My bad.

Oh snap... yeah i must have skimmed over that part. I thought you had jumped off a cliff already but at least your keeping things in perspective. Just sick of everyone being so damn depressed around here. We don't even know what we really have yet!

ismael-robert
10-17-2018, 11:09 AM
I'll just wait for that day n find out

Keepin' it real
10-17-2018, 11:13 AM
¿Pues quien sabe?

Chinook
10-17-2018, 11:18 AM
The Spurs definitely won't be out of playoff contention in February if they don't have injuries to at least DeRozan or Aldridge. They could miss, but if they do, it'll be as the ninth-seed, not the 13th.

Dejounte
10-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Forbes is trade bait. So is Bertans. Both Gasol and Mills can go.

Dverde
10-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Only person I see being traded is Rudy Gay. I only think he would be traded if he wanted to be traded. No one wants Pau’s contract. He still has a partial guarantee next year.

TD 21
10-17-2018, 04:28 PM
No. The only scenario I could see where they're out of playoff contention by February, is if injuries further decimate them, particularly Aldridge and/or DeRozan. If that happens, they'll obviously pin their plight on injuries and will want to see how the team looks the following season with presumed better health and a few tweaks.

Gay: If Evans, a better, more coveted archetype, could apparently only fetch a 2nd last season, there's no reason to think he'd fetch more. Given their embarrassing wing situation and the ability to move him back to PF next season, he could still make sense if contractually synched to Aldridge-DeRozan. The likely alternatives don't move the needle: Williams (via trade), Young, Green, Aminu.

Gasol: He'll probably be shopped, but I'd imagine the chances of something coming to fruition are probably more likely after the season.

Belinelli: There's no reason to think they'd move on again so soon. Like Gay, probably only fetches a 2nd + an unwanted expiring to match salaries.

I see Gay, presuming relative health, being able to command something like 2/$20-25M and DeRozan similar to Aldridge's extension. The market isn't going to be flush for aging, archaic types. They make no sense for elite or re-building teams and either already like or probably will like playing on a team where being wilfully ignorant to the way the game is played today is not only accepted, but encouraged.

SAGirl
10-17-2018, 06:18 PM

My bad.
I don’t know about anyone else of course, but i didn’t miss it which is why i siad playoff seeding is unlikely to be decided two months in advance. Like last season some will go down until the very last week. Only way they really are so awful to burn it down is with Lamarcus getting hurt. I don’t think Derozan has it in him to carry the team by himself with roleplayers like Lamarcus did last season. If Lamarcus gets hurt it’s over.

Even then, I don’t think they will trade pieces off like you suggest. I suspect Pop still spends the season trying to coax wins from the group.

CGD
10-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Really hope they get something for that Pau deal. Like give me Mahimni’s or Biyombo’s contract and a pick for Pau.

MannyIsGod
10-17-2018, 07:59 PM
This thread can only be made I'd you missed that they traded Kawhi for DeRozan so why make it? Just dumb. They aren't tanking. Just deal.

Seventyniner
10-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Thread title should have said dumb instead of smart.

Tanking with this roster and cap situation makes no sense whatsoever. Even with Murray out for the year.

10-17-2018, 09:27 PM
If they weren't sellers this offseason, there's literally no way in hrll they'll be sellers at the deadline.

JeffDuncan
10-17-2018, 11:02 PM
I'm always amazed by what other people think is smart. Here, hold my beer for just a sec while I build an nba team.....

Mr. Body
10-17-2018, 11:03 PM
None of those trades are happening.

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2018, 11:04 PM
gay, pau, mills contract needs to go man....

Hoops Czar
10-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Trading Pau at the deadline doesn't make you a seller, it makes you smart. Dude is complete trash.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-19-2018, 10:18 AM
I think the Spurs might look to fill a hole or two by the trade deadline, and Pau is a tradeable asset, but they're not going to tank the season. And besides, if Pau is gone, who's going to do all the post game player interviews? He's pretty valuable in that regard. Post-game MVP.

BackHome
10-19-2018, 11:11 AM
Wel all know Spurs are not going to do any trades.

Dre_7
10-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Doesn't Aldridge want out?

Namundy
10-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Pau -- In my opinion Pau's not going anywhere unless Poetl shows out. Even if that happens I think he stays put and they wait to make a decision over the summer on his partial guarantee. It sucks because we could sure use more athleticism out there, but his ultimately I think his mentorship and familiarity with the team wins out. It honestly might even be best for Poetl if he sticks around..

Rudy -- Tough call here, if he continues to ball out he's essential to a playoff push for San Antonio. In the same vein that increases his value tremendously for other teams especially as an expiring. Could he net a late first? I'm not sure. Also have to factor in his relationship with DeMar now and it's clear (at least to me, but maybe I'm wrong) that we are going to be building around DeMar for the foreseeable future.

Marco - Sell high in my opinion especially if we are out of the picture. Known asset that should lose minutes to Walker if he comes back from his injury guns blazing.

therealtruth
10-20-2018, 03:55 AM
Without Kawhi, the Spurs are no longer playing for championships like TP said.

Kurgan
10-20-2018, 04:47 AM
Without Kawhi, the Spurs are no longer playing for championships like TP said.

true enough. derozan is a decent enough regular season player but his playoff resume is scary bad. pop, selfishly, wants to go out with his head held high. being a treadmill playoff team is respectable enough but the thought of rebuilding frightens him i think.

BackHome
10-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Derozen a decent enough player dude WTF you smoking the dude is a baller who fits in perfectly with the Team. Your crazy if you think we going to draft another David or Timmy in your life time that ain’t happening. And for the love of God don’t talk about our cap space because it’s hard as hell to get even decent players to come here.

KDKSpurs24
10-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Derozen a decent enough player dude WTF you smoking the dude is a baller who fits in perfectly with the Team. Your crazy if you think we going to draft another David or Timmy in your life time that ain’t happening. And for the love of God don’t talk about our cap space because it’s hard as hell to get even decent players to come here.
Exactly. They did the right thing in my opinion because I don’t even see a player of DeRozan’s caliber willing to come here in free agency. And no one needs to mention Aldridge because that was a special exception due to him being from Texas and Duncan being his favorite player, etc. People complain about the free agents they bring in but forget that it takes players actually WANTING to come to San Antonio. Can’t just get to pick and choose whoever you want.

Also the Spurs we’re still super lucky because of the nice young core they were able to land and still build around. Murray (before injury happened), Walker, White, Poetl, Metu. And let’s not forget that the trade isn’t over! Can flip the two picks for a player or even a higher pick.

daslicer
10-20-2018, 12:57 PM
Exactly. They did the right thing in my opinion because I don’t even see a player of DeRozan’s caliber willing to come here in free agency. And no one needs to mention Aldridge because that was a special exception due to him being from Texas and Duncan being his favorite player, etc. People complain about the free agents they bring in but forget that it takes players actually WANTING to come to San Antonio. Can’t just get to pick and choose whoever you want.

Also the Spurs we’re still super lucky because of the nice young core they were able to land and still build around. Murray (before injury happened), Walker, White, Poetl, Metu. And let’s not forget that the trade isn’t over! Can flip the two picks for a player or even a higher pick.

Agreed but most of these fans are just bandwagon fans that will disappear after this season. These are the same dumb fucks who got angry that the Spurs couldn't get a super FA like Durant a few years ago along with them continuously bitchng about how the Lakers and Warriors always get top players through FA and the Spurs don't. Just a bunch of dumbass mofos up in here when it comes to being real.

KDKSpurs24
10-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Agreed but most of these fans are just bandwagon fans that will disappear after this season. These are the same dumb fucks who got angry that the Spurs couldn't get a super FA like Durant a few years ago along with them continuously bitchng about how the Lakers and Warriors always get top players through FA and the Spurs don't. Just a bunch of dumbass mofos up in here when it comes to being real.
+1

SAGirl
10-20-2018, 01:31 PM
I think it’s unusual for spurfan to contemplate a season or team that doesn’t have the highest possible ceiling. Even in years one thinks they underachieved bc there were injuries in the postseason or what not (really every season since 2014)... you always felt they had a chance and would be right up there with the best if not win it that year. (With the exception of a few pessimistic or ‘realist’ fans), most fans were optimistic.

This season didn’t start with the same belief and then injuries in preseason complicated matters for staying upbeat but I think they will weather this period we’ll enough and they will get back White and Walker and go from there. I think Murray getting lost for the season hit some fans really hard. They will come around bc they are still fans. I have come around to appreciate this team more although I wasn’t really enthusiastic about it initially.

It really can be worse. (If could be better but it can be much worse)...

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Spurs will better off selling Gay, Pau, Marco, and Mills at the deadline.

Free up space, get pick(s), and tank after January.

Its not hard to see that this is a lottery team when Forbes is the best perimeter defender.

Mugen
10-25-2018, 02:43 PM
100% agree tbh. I'd move Derozan and Lamarcus as well if the right price came around.

sasaint
10-25-2018, 02:44 PM
I think the Spurs might look to fill a hole or two by the trade deadline, and Pau is a tradeable asset, but they're not going to tank the season. And besides, if Pau is gone, who's going to do all the post game player interviews? He's pretty valuable in that regard. Post-game MVP.

Easily replaced by 50Mills, who isn’t going anywhere. Tbh, I don’t think trading Pau is an option either without attaching a valuable asset.

K...
10-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Are we tanking? If so keep Mills and Pau! Deciding to keep or trade derozan, lma, and Rudy would be harder than trading Leonard. They've been sold on the team, and are at the age where they can't be assured to bea teams first option. I could see them all preferring a losing season which guaranteed them their position and run again with Murray, etc.

I'd take out feelers, but tickets have to be sold and these guys are probably easier to sell than white, Walker, poetl, gasol

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Are we tanking? If so keep Mills and Pau! Deciding to keep or trade derozan, lma, and Rudy would be harder than trading Leonard. They've been sold on the team, and are at the age where they can't be assured to bea teams first option. I could see them all preferring a losing season which guaranteed them their position and run again with Murray, etc.

I'd take out feelers, but tickets have to be sold and these guys are probably easier to sell than white, Walker, poetl, gasol

Not tanking until the record shows 10-20 or 15-25

objective
10-25-2018, 03:19 PM
Week 1
1. Vs MIN
2. @ POR

Week 2
3. @ LAKERS
4. IND
5. Lakers

Week 3
6. Dallas
7. @ PHX
8. Pelicans

Week 4
9. Orlando
10. @ Miami
11. Houston

Week 5
12. @ Sacramento
13. @ PHX
14. @ Clippers

Week 6
15. Warriors
16. @ Pelicans
17. Memphis
18. @ IND
19. @ Milwaukee

Week 7
20. @ Bulls
21. @ Minnesota
22. Houston

Week 8
23. Portland
24. @ Utah
25. @ Lakers
26. Lakers

Most of 26 games against playoff hopefuls.

Only 'easy' games are Dallas, @ Phoenix, Orlando, @ Sacramento, @ Phoenix, @ Bulls

Maybe Clippers and Memphis, but those teams should be competitive early

That's if White is out the first 8 weeks

Worst case? Maybe 8-18? With this defense, I believe it. They nearly lost both their wins.

Then if there playoffs are 45 wins for the 8 seed they'd have to go 37-14.

White should be good, and Walker might be good, but I don't know if they can make up for Mills and a worn down Aldridge and DeRozan.

SAGirl
10-25-2018, 03:24 PM
I think this is a thread worth revisiting in the future. I was more optimistic, but it doesn't look good right now.

Dex
10-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Patty and Pau aren't exactly helping their trade value. The Spurs would have to attach picks just to move them right now.

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2018, 03:38 PM
Patty and Pau aren't exactly helping their trade value. The Spurs would have to attach picks just to move them right now.

Have to think outside the box, trade Pau to a team trying to shed salary like Portland for Harkless/ Leonard + 1st makes a lot of sense. TD21 mentioned this.

Spurs eat 17 mil in salary one more year for the 19/20 season, but they get a 1st. Harkless could also be a nice two way role player in the rotation. Both have deals that expire summer of 20.

Id attach Poeltl, the Portland or Raptors pick to Mills to dump him for an expiring.

r0drig0lac
10-25-2018, 05:21 PM
The Rockets are prepared to offer a package that includes FOUR first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Jimmy Butler, reports ESPN.

phxspurfan
10-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Sell what lol. DeRozan? LMA? Other than that they have no assets. Murray and Walker maybe, but we wouldn't get anything great for them. Maybe a 1st or 2nd round pick respectively, which would be worse gambles than what they already are. Face it, we're in purgatory until we get rid of Mills/Gasol, and now Forbes probably too.

phxspurfan
10-25-2018, 05:36 PM
The Rockets are prepared to offer a package that includes FOUR first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Jimmy Butler, reports ESPN.

He would be a huge huge huge upgrade at that position, basically last year's Ariza (defense, 3s) + offense. But 4 1sts? That's overpaying.

SAGirl
10-25-2018, 05:44 PM
I'd absolutely do it if Jimmy is for sure gone in the summer. Remind all of ourselves of the terrible Brooklyn Nets/Boston deal... Still paying off.

It really upsets me that the Spurs went for a paltry win now package for Kiwi when I think about the terrible team they now have.

objective
10-25-2018, 05:44 PM
He would be a huge huge huge upgrade at that position, basically last year's Ariza (defense, 3s) + offense. But 4 1sts? That's overpaying.

If they're committed to paying even more tax, then good for them

Better than cheap ass Spurs who played around with not paying Kawhi the max and are frightened of any tax

cd98
10-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Doesn't Aldridge want out?

I doubt it, but no way to trade him. He's too good to give away, but at his age, Spurs would unlikely not be able to unload him for assets that are worth letting him go. They would have to be in total tank mode and this team is not tanking under Pop. He already did that once. He won't do it to end his career, though it would be ironic if he started his career and ended his career tanking so he could get a franchise changing player.

duncan2k5
10-25-2018, 06:20 PM
LMA is cancerous... He definitely needs to go... Plus he always chokes in the playoffs... Gasol needs to go... Mills needs to go... Forbes needs to go... We need a huge overhaul... What we have is first round fodder

Dre_7
10-30-2018, 03:26 PM
I doubt it, but no way to trade him. He's too good to give away, but at his age, Spurs would unlikely not be able to unload him for assets that are worth letting him go. They would have to be in total tank mode and this team is not tanking under Pop. He already did that once. He won't do it to end his career, though it would be ironic if he started his career and ended his career tanking so he could get a franchise changing player.

I know he doesn't, I was just poking fun at the OP because iirc his sources said LMA was going to be traded and that he wanted out.

MaNu4Tres
11-29-2018, 12:43 AM
Hope they do this and optimize assets heading into the next two summers.

MaNu4Tres
12-02-2018, 06:49 PM
Do people here still think this pathetic team is playoff bound?

JakeCuenca
12-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Its only december.

BackHome
12-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Not anyone with half a brain.

DPG21920
12-03-2018, 06:18 PM

They aren’t far off as we speak and honestly they have more reason to believe they can get more than they have shown than many of the teams around them.

Especially if LMA plays better and White continues to blossom.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2019, 01:42 AM

Well, at least you were right about Forbes being better than Patty.

R. DeMurre
03-19-2019, 02:10 AM
:lol

bklynspursfan
03-19-2019, 06:33 AM
This is why you don't overreact, especially in December. Heck they finished that month strong too.

This season (and last for that matter) were like no season weve seen. I'm glad they're playing well at the right time

DocDoc
03-19-2019, 08:58 AM
This is why you don't overreact, especially in December. Heck they finished that month strong too.

This season (and last for that matter) were like no season weve seen. I'm glad they're playing well at the right time

From Sfgate.com article on Warriors/Spurs:
"San Antonio has beaten Golden State, Denver, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Portland and Detroit during its streak. All of those clubs are among the top six teams in their conference."

They were complimentary to say the least.

Bad Takes
03-19-2019, 09:01 AM
TS another poster always wrong.

MaNu4Tres
03-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Well, at least you were right about Forbes being better than Patty.

Not sure if you've noticed, but its an entirely different team than the first 2 months of the season. Different rotations, different players. And with their recent run, Pop is depending less on Patty/Forbes. There's never been a season like this as long as I can remember where the lows are rock bottom and the highs are as high as they are right now. It was very reasonable to be pessimistic experiencing the very bottom in the beginning of the season and after the rodeo road trip.

This team has played very poorly without Derrick White. He's the key.

This season has been wild. And here we are today as the 5th seed, a game behind the 3rd seed and a game away from the 8th seed.

But yes, Forbes is a better player than Patty. And Derrick is also blossoming.

Also, read the first post again, I talked about IF they were out of playoff contention. IF. Comprehension can be a very tough thing to get, I know.

Spursfanfromafar
03-19-2019, 09:48 AM
The OP is a moron who overreacted when Derrick White was drafted too.

MaNu4Tres
03-19-2019, 09:53 AM
The OP is a moron who overreacted when Derrick White was drafted too.

Correct. I had a hard on for Jordan Bell. And am happily wrong for that. However, I quickly warmed up to Derrick and said he was the best guard on the team last year.

Moron? Haha thanks.

rjv
03-19-2019, 09:54 AM

but it wouldn't be ST if not for all the hyperbole and cliff jumpers.

MaNu4Tres
03-19-2019, 09:57 AM

Read the original post again. It was discussion based on IF they were out of playoff contention. It's amazing how many people can't read.

$pursDynasty
03-19-2019, 09:58 AM
What is the saying? The internet has receipts, well message boards do too, say something outlandish or just plain wrong best believe someone will dig it up to beat you over the head with it, later. Lord knows I have been guilty of it, I used to dig up old Dabom posts, but realized he liked the attention and was more trolling than trying to prove a point.

bklynspursfan
03-19-2019, 10:13 AM
Read the original post again. It was discussion based on IF they were out of playoff contention. It's amazing how many people can't read.

I can read just fine. Tbh, I remember this thread, but it was more a response to this particular post a few posts up, on December 2nd.

I said this is why you don't overreact in December. I'm reading exactly what you wrote bro.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Not sure if you've noticed, but its an entirely different team than the first 2 months of the season. Different rotations, different players. And with their recent run, Pop is depending less on Patty/Forbes. There's never been a season like this as long as I can remember where the lows are rock bottom and the highs are as high as they are right now. It was very reasonable to be pessimistic experiencing the very bottom in the beginning of the season and after the rodeo road trip.

This team has played very poorly without Derrick White. He's the key.

This season has been wild. And here we are today as the 5th seed, a game behind the 3rd seed and a game away from the 8th seed.

But yes, Forbes is a better player than Patty. And Derrick is also blossoming.

Also, read the first post again, I talked about IF they were out of playoff contention. IF. Comprehension can be a very tough thing to get, I know.
Just take the L. It's ok. We're all wrong at some point. You just make it worse by posting shut like this.

MannyIsGod
03-19-2019, 11:24 AM

Did I quote the op? Lol just take your L. ITS OK.

DPG21920
03-19-2019, 12:13 PM
I don’t see why people are giving OP crap for thinking, as bad as the team was playing, that they would miss the playoffs. I think many felt that way and especially after the RRT which was not December. After the RRT and with the schedule coming after (Denver, OKC, MIL, GS, etc) it’s not surprising that many (myself included) thought SA could be done.

Heck, I posted in this thread being optimistic in DEC and I still felt after the RRT that tanking for a lottery pick this year might be the best call.

bklynspursfan
03-19-2019, 01:14 PM
I don’t see why people are giving OP crap for thinking, as bad as the team was playing, that they would miss the playoffs. I think many felt that way and especially after the RRT which was not December. After the RRT and with the schedule coming after (Denver, OKC, MIL, GS, etc) it’s not surprising that many (myself included) thought SA could be done.

Heck, I posted in this thread being optimistic in DEC and I still felt after the RRT that tanking for a lottery pick this year might be the best call.

No doubt. And me personally, I wasn't giving the OP crap. All I said was this is why you don't overreact, especially in December.

Tanking was never something I was for, but I get people have different views on that.

Dre_7
03-19-2019, 01:18 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao OOPS!!

ZeusWillJudge
03-19-2019, 01:19 PM

That RRT was brutal. I seriously started wondering if maybe PATFO really had gone in the tank for a draft pick. Losing those last two game, badly, to the Knicks and the Nets was just sort of mind-numbing.

All jokes about Pau aside, I don't think it helped that everyone knew that he wanted to go somewhere else, and was probably going to get bought out if nobody offered a trade. That stretch really highlighted how important Derrick White had become, and how far he had come as a defender and PG. And I'm still kind of amazed at how much DDR's defense has improved. I really hated seeing him and Forbes on the floor together because a team just can't hide two matadors. But he's really stepped up his game.

When the situation changes, you have to change your assessment of things with it.