PDA

View Full Version : Give RC Buford Executive of the Year right now, tbh

ElNono
10-17-2018, 10:11 PM
Spurs 1-0
Toronto 1-0
Memphis 0-1
Hornets 0-1

Not just mere results on opening night, tbh, but just a display of genius from RC after Kawhi forced his hand. He engineered moving him to East coast, where he's made Toronto better, but is a lame duck, got DeMar DeBuckets in exchange, but most importantly, dumped all the junk from last season to Memphis and the Hornets, and brought back winners like Ferrari and Dante Cunningham (severely underrated move, could be a western conference game changer).

This team is now firmly in the run for 40+ wins this season and maybe even a first round playoff exit, when the MSM media kept saying the Spurs would miss the playoffs, tbh... thank you RC!

:worthy:

weebo
10-17-2018, 10:14 PM
Spurs 1-0
Toronto 1-0
Memphis 0-1
Hornets 0-1

Not just mere results on opening night, tbh, but just a display of genius from RC after Kawhi forced his hand. He engineered moving him to East coast, where he's made Toronto better, but is a lame duck, got DeMar DeBuckets in exchange, but most importantly, dumped all the junk from last season to Memphis and the Hornets, and brought back winners like Ferrari and Dante Cunningham (severely underrated move, could be a western conference game changer).

This team is now firmly in the run for 40+ wins this season and maybe even a first round playoff exit, when the MSM media kept saying the Spurs would miss the playoffs, tbh... thank you RC!

:worthy:

Post of the year candidate. :elephant

Obi Wan Ginobili 20
10-17-2018, 10:15 PM
:bobo

TheGreatYacht
10-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Made the backup SG position great again, tbh. Wasn't that hard to upgrade at all but still... props

Dejounte
10-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Kyle played horrible tonight for the Grizzlies. 8 million a year for that? I'm glad the Spurs passed on him. Doesn't look like he put in any work this off-season.

spurraider21
10-17-2018, 10:33 PM
:lol op with the goods

Spurminator
10-17-2018, 10:35 PM
I liked the strategy of holding on to Kyle Anderson for several years to overinflate his value on a "Spurs pedigree" reputation.

Dhbsr555
10-17-2018, 10:38 PM
I was so excited when we let him walk

Kobe'sAchilles
10-17-2018, 10:48 PM
My cousin was trying to convince me during the summer that losing Anderson was a huge deal and that we would regret it. I just laughed. The guy has zero dog in him and plays scared all the time. He definitely isn't worth that contract he got

Dhbsr555
10-18-2018, 01:22 AM
I’ll say this I thought when we didn’t sign bonan it was a mistake

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2018, 01:33 AM
:claw:lobt::bobo

testies
10-18-2018, 02:08 AM
The posters who thought Kyle Anderson was good should have been required to wear a special identification flair in their avatar. And by special, I mean in the retarded sense of special.

spurraider21
10-18-2018, 02:28 AM
I liked the strategy of holding on to Kyle Anderson for several years to overinflate his value on a "Spurs pedigree" reputation.
that makes sense if we traded him due to the overinflated value

DavidTheGoliath
10-18-2018, 05:20 AM
Not having porky back. Should be a lock tbh.

offset formation
10-18-2018, 07:36 AM
The posters who thought Kyle Anderson was good should have been required to wear a special identification flair in their avatar. And by special, I mean in the retarded sense of special.

I once was a huge fan but the last couple of years slowly pushed me out of his fan club. I think only SAG remained.

ginobilized
10-18-2018, 09:07 AM
1 down
81 to go
It’s hard to imagine a better outcome from the shit sandwich that Kawhi handed us.
RC and Pop will be earning their salaries this season. I think it will bring out their best.

SAGirl
10-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Anderson didn’t have that good of a game last night but the Grizzlies have a lot of problems.

Don’t know if anyone saw the kinds of games their 3 max players had last night and they are lucky two of them suited up and played instead of being injured. Their problems start there. Kyle’s a roleplayer. If LMA, Demar and Rudy don’t show up last night the rest of the Spurs roleplayers wouldn’t be any different.

credit has to be given to PATFO though bc Kawhi put them in a very bad situation and although Demar was not someone I wanted, he’s still a top player in the league.

On the scale of funny threads tho, this one is ok. 5/10 bc schticks are getting stale tbh.

You need some new material.

Spurminator
10-18-2018, 02:59 PM
that makes sense if we traded him due to the overinflated value

Nah man, letting another team overpay him cuts into their ability to sign better quality players.

4D chess.

gambit1990
10-18-2018, 03:03 PM
:lol

spurraider21
10-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Nah man, letting another team overpay him cuts into their ability to sign better quality players.

4D chess.
memphis

Seventyniner
10-18-2018, 03:26 PM
Not trying to convince Manu to come back will end up looking like a solid move too.

I wonder if PATFO was trying to clean house in terms of chemistry? With any of Tony, Manu, or Danny around you still have links to the previous "era" that Number 2 so effectively poisoned. Including Danny instead of someone like Mills in the trade, not making much of an effort to re-sign Tony, and just waving good-bye to Manu could have been calculated moves.

Dverde
10-18-2018, 04:13 PM
The Spurs look like the fantasy team that was set on autopick. If we get 6 or higher seed...RC deserves it

ThaBigFundamental21
10-18-2018, 04:53 PM
This team will be better than expected imo. What saddens me is the loss of Murray. I wanted to see his development this year. His Defense was missed sorely last night.
I can't wait to see White in a couple months. Walker as well, but will Pop give him consistent minutes?

YGWHI
10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Anderson didn’t have that good of a game last night but the Grizzlies have a lot of problems.

Agree. I appreciate Parsons' effort to return on court but there is no hope for an NBA team that starts him at SF in 2018.
IDK. Memphis is my 2nd favorite team, watching them vs Pacers was sad. And Kyle didnt have anything to do with that feeling.