PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have issues with FSSW Firestick app?

snickles
10-22-2018, 04:37 PM
Anyone here use a Firestick to stream the Fox Sports Southwest app? When i try to watch a game, the video freezes ever 15 or so seconds, and becomes totally un-synched with the audio. When I plug my laptop into the TV and watch through the website, everything plays fine. Anyone else having this issue, and/or has found a fix?

K...
10-22-2018, 04:50 PM
I suspect it's just the poor quality of the fire stick.... They're basically phone quality with minimal power for the task. Your laptop, even if old, is much more powerful. Amazon isn't going to update their hardware because they sell so much. How old is it?

LittleCriminal
10-22-2018, 06:11 PM
A few possibilities..
Need to place router closer to the firestick..
Firestick prob getting overheated..lack of cool air or bad heat dispersion.
Shit internet speeds..
No memory left on firestick to operate properly..
Cache for every app needs to be cleaned out..
Data on every app needs to be cleaned out..
Prob just needs a force close and restart..

Dex
10-22-2018, 06:13 PM
I suspect it's just the poor quality of the fire stick.... They're basically phone quality with minimal power for the task. Your laptop, even if old, is much more powerful. Amazon isn't going to update their hardware because they sell so much. How old is it?

This.

My parents have an older Firestick and it is always giving them problems. Lags, apps won't load, etc.

I picked one up a couple months ago and so far, mine has had no issues...so it may be a production problem, or maybe the older ones just kinda sucked?

snickles
10-24-2018, 07:09 PM
thanks for the input, all.

I should have mentioned, the FSSW app is just about the only app that gives me any problems.

The stick is 2 or 3 years. i've already cleaned out the caches and deleted unused apps. I've previously had heat issues and packet loss due to the stick being back behind the metal mount.

I guess its just bad luck.

Thanks again for the help.