PDA

View Full Version : Bryn Forbes-trade asset

Fusternino
10-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Let's remember who started saying this first, OK?

Mr. Body
10-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Ain't nobody trading for Bryn Forbes.

K...
10-23-2018, 08:39 PM
sorry i already forgot

SAGirl
10-23-2018, 08:50 PM
He's in a very small contract and producing well considering. He's not getting traded. There's other guys in the team that earn more and probably could be trade assets. Not saying there's going to be trades midseason either.

sasaint
10-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Right now, Forbes seems more valuable than anybody he could fetch in a trade. He is much improved over last season. By this season's end when he is back to playing mostly SG, he should be a nice rotation player on a very team-friendly contract.

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2018, 09:08 PM
trade bryn for a SF
then go sign fredette for minimum, replacement for bryn... saving of 2m?

CGD
10-23-2018, 09:40 PM
This isn’t unreasonable. Pau’s contract, Bryn, and that Raptors pick has decent value for 20m in return. Good combo of cap relief and some young assets.

SpurPadre
10-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Can Forbes trade his ACL for Murray's, tbh?

Seventyniner
10-23-2018, 10:14 PM
...said no one ever.

WallyTiger
10-23-2018, 10:21 PM
Tony Parker? Welcome back!

BD24
10-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Ain't nobody trading for Bryn Forbes.
tbh.

You would be lucky to get a used tampon for Bryn

offset formation
10-23-2018, 11:15 PM
I think he'll make most people have begrudging respect for his improving game by the end of this year. I already see great strides in his defense this year. And a developing moxie on tough shots, too.

I wish the kid well. And if you're anactual Spurfan, you fuckers would too.

Larry O
10-24-2018, 12:54 AM
Injuries can be blessings in disguise for players and teams. Hopefully for Forbes, this is the case. As he's playing more games as a starter right now, hopefully this will give him confidence, experience and improvement with his offense and defense. I'd be surprised if he were traded. If he shows improvement and has a good season, the Spurs just might sign him to a bigger contract. But.. could the Spurs also allow him to jump at the opportunity to sign that big payday contract somewhere else? In the meantime, enjoy some Sparty with your favorite team. GSG!!!

TDMVPDPOY
10-24-2018, 01:11 AM
forbes.. = rookie curry...u can tell by his struggles...

will lol if he wins MIP

RC_Drunkford
10-24-2018, 05:08 AM
Injuries can be blessings in disguise for players and teams. Hopefully for Forbes, this is the case. As he's playing more games as a starter right now, hopefully this will give him confidence, experience and improvement with his offense and defense. I'd be surprised if he were traded. If he shows improvement and has a good season, the Spurs just might sign him to a bigger contract. But.. could the Spurs also allow him to jump at the opportunity to sign that big payday contract somewhere else? In the meantime, enjoy some Sparty with your favorite team. GSG!!!

maybe something like 50 million for 4 years?:downspin:

r0drig0lac
10-24-2018, 05:30 AM
maybe something like 50 million for 4 years?:downspin:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-10-2018/GNBLtF.gif

kobyz
10-24-2018, 06:23 AM
I was his only beliver here, calling a breakout season from him...

UncleDennis
10-24-2018, 08:54 AM
No point for a trade at this point. I've probably criticized Brynn too harshly since I didn't watch any preseason but he has really been a lot better then I thought he'd be, best thing is he isn't just frantically sprinting around the court, it's like he took some deeeep breath over the summer and relaxed a little so as long as he continues to hit 3's at a good rate, gotta let the defensive troubles slide a bit.

stnick2261
10-24-2018, 09:08 AM
PATFO just need to leak that he's the future of the franchise and start calling people about trading Murray / White. That's what they did when they traded George Hill.

RC_Drunkford
10-24-2018, 10:34 AM
PATFO needs to trade Mills and keep Forbes. I thought that's why they picked him up in the first place. Just in case they have to ship out Patty when they can get a 3rd star free agent to join Kawhi and Lamarcus. Now it seems like Patty will end his career here...:pctoss

dontouchmebwo
10-24-2018, 03:42 PM
keep him, his production has been on point, lots of teams would love to have a guy like him even as bad a defender he is. you give these shooters shots and they can produce. we need offense and spacing in this era of shooters.

TDMVPDPOY
10-24-2018, 04:04 PM
one thing forbes is good at is he doesnt chuck every time he touches the ball, he only takes the shots he knows he make like open jumpshots...

unlike patty mills u know that clown will chuck when he gets over/under a screen...

SAGirl
10-24-2018, 04:21 PM
keep him, his production has been on point, lots of teams would love to have a guy like him even as bad a defender he is. you give these shooters shots and they can produce. we need offense and spacing in this era of shooters.
Spurstalk----> as soon as a roleplayer starts playing decent they want to trade him. If he's young and cheap doesn't matter...