PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: Does the NBA have the worst sport analyst?

JakeCuenca
10-25-2018, 06:16 PM
I mean these ex grumpy players are just flat out atrcocious. With the exception of Billups, mchale everyone is just flat out atrocious.

Its not like fans actually want to hear them talk

Chris
10-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Brent Barry is pretty good imo.

NFL probably has the best TV analysts except for Phil Simms

Beartrucci
10-25-2018, 07:46 PM
The guys Rachel brings on The Jump are all salty as hell outside of Chauncey. He gives love and really appreciates the current generation.

Usually its T-Mac and Pierce who just talk about glory days though and what they'd do now :lol and of course there's dumbass S-Jax who thinks he should still be on an NBA squad.

TDMVPDPOY
10-25-2018, 08:21 PM
former players or clowns who never played pro or even made the school team...fkn nerds/hipster kents with their own shows

FrostKing
10-25-2018, 09:20 PM
The better the player on the court, usually the worse off it.

JakeCuenca
10-25-2018, 09:33 PM

Brent, Mchale, Chauncey..they're a rare breed. I'm sure thered another name or two but they're largely bad. Its become more of a platform for them to hate on new players

Chris
10-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Brent, Mchale, Chauncey..they're a rare breed. I'm sure thered another name or two but they're largely bad. Its become more of a platform for them to hate on new players

Garnett and Webber are really bad imo

You have to go to NBATV to get anything of quality as ESPN and TNT are hot garbage these days.

D-Wade
10-26-2018, 12:01 AM
I loved Webber as a player but I really hate him as a commentator. He's either too positive and full of cliches or just doesn't know what he's talking about. Hell, sums up why he never ringed on any stage. I used to like Marv til he stopped knowing the difference between a 10 footer and a 3. My favorites are Dick Stockton and Ian Eagle, tbh.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2018, 12:12 AM
MLB has the ideal media, tbh. They've fully embraced analytics and there's minimal saltiness from former players towards current players compared to the NBA. There's also none of the corny reality show drama.

StrengthAndHonor
10-26-2018, 10:07 AM
MLB has the ideal media, tbh. They've fully embraced analytics and there's minimal saltiness from former players towards current players compared to the NBA. There's also none of the corny reality show drama.
So it’s basically like watching CNN business:lol

Clipper Nation
10-26-2018, 10:40 AM
So it’s basically like watching CNN business:lol
No, they just actually talk about the sport they're covering. Mind-blowing, I know.

tenbeersbold
10-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Somebody beg borrow or steal to get Bill Walton back OTA
I mean in what sane world is he off the air and Clyde whiny ass Drexler is.......

lefty
10-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Eddie House isn't too bad tbh

Millennial_Messiah
10-27-2018, 04:43 PM

Thank goodness CBS dumped Simms for Romo.

DMC
10-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Most of these guys are fine in a 1 on 1 setting. When you put a couple of them together they get more clique-ish. I've heard KG give solid takes, but put him with the Truth and you get thug land.

DMC
10-27-2018, 06:01 PM
I mean in what sane world is he off the air and Clyde whiny ass Drexler is.......

His Boris Diaw comment was pure gold.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2018, 07:50 PM
He's actually going to call a few Clippers games with Ralph this season. I can't wait.

BD24
10-27-2018, 11:20 PM
They would be much better if they talked about wanting to fuck their aunts tbh