PDA

View Full Version : What’s with players like Green and Patty rotting on the roster after 2014?

Immortal Spur
10-27-2018, 10:40 AM
Just makes me think this is the exact reason not to commit long term to role players. I guess Bonner could be in there too. But we pay these guys the big bucks when they can easily be replaced for a fraction of the cost. Why do we fall in love with these players? In this case, the players last with the team years after they worn out their welcome.

Im happy for Green btw. Just wish it was with us. But at what point do we cut bait? I’m legit concerned about this group. Pop doesn’t have Tim, Tony, or Manu in the locker room to reel ppl in when crap hits the fan. Who’s gonna listen to “the culture” Patty Mills when ppl are weak and he’s apart of the problem. I’m having some doubts fr. Could get ugly this year. Big 3 gave me a level of certainty and stability. I don’t know how this crew will handle adversity. We’ll see.

Edit: I have some hope though. Pop let Tony go and made him backup to a second year player. Traded Danny. I have reasons to believe he’ll do the same with Patty and Pau if they reach a threshold. It just sucks cause they’ve done a good job of playing to the minimum.

duncan2k5
10-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Just makes me think this is the exact reason not to commit long term to role players. I guess Bonner could be in there too. But we pay these guys the big bucks when they can easily be replaced for a fraction of the cost. Why do we fall in love with these players? In this case, the players last with the team years after they worn out their welcome.

Im happy for Green btw. Just wish it was with us. But at what point do we cut bait? I’m legit concerned about this group. Pop doesn’t have Tim, Tony, or Manu in the locker room to reel ppl in when crap hits the fan. Who’s gonna listen to “the culture” Patty Mills when ppl are weak and he’s apart of the problem. I’m having some doubts fr. Could get ugly this year. Big 3 gave me a level of certainty and stability. I don’t know how this crew will handle adversity. We’ll see.

Completely agree

duncan2k5
10-27-2018, 10:44 AM
LMA is a selfish cancer...any star that comes and outshines him, he will pout and want to leave... Demar doesn't wanna be here... It's a mess...

Immortal Spur
10-27-2018, 10:51 AM
LMA is a selfish cancer...any star that comes and outshines him, he will pout and want to leave... Demar doesn't wanna be here... It's a mess...
Can’t go that far. I just think PATFO really has their work cut out for them. It’s very critical this next couple years or we could be in a full fledged rebuild. I believe DD and LMA are two great pieces for a contender. Unfortunately we don’t have time to waste years cause LMA and DeMar could both be gone.

RC_Drunkford
10-27-2018, 10:53 AM
Move all the dead weight and sign Middleton and Millsap. A Murray/DeRozan/Middleton/Millsap/LA starting 5 could beat anybody

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Parker made the decision to be Murray's backup. Not Crater face. He's also playing 50-Culture 27 minutes a game and can't close a game without that cancerous piece of shit. Nearly 30 minutes to a guy averaging 6 points and 1 assist and who is underperforming on his only skill which is shooting 3's making only 28% of them... not to mention he's also the worst defender in the league.

The fact that OP, who is Pop's biggest fluffer, doesn't know how that POS can run a team without the Big 3 says it all. Product of the SysTim.

RC_Drunkford
10-27-2018, 11:00 AM
Parker made the decision to be Murray's backup. Not Crater face. He's also playing 50-Culture 27 minutes a game and can't close a game without that cancerous piece of shit. Nearly 30 minutes to a guy averaging 6 points and 1 assist and who is underperforming on his only skill which is shooting 3's making only 28% of them... not to mention he's also the worst defender in the league.

The fact that OP, who is Pop's biggest fluffer, doesn't know how that POS can run a team without the Big 3 says it all. Product of the SysTim.

Add to that that his assist to turnover ratio is 1.8 to 1.8 as a PG...

Immortal Spur
10-27-2018, 11:05 AM

You know if you cleaned up your act a little bit you’d be a pretty good poster. Clean the hate man. But at the heart of the matter you make good posts, it’s just I’d imagine most people get lost with the verbage...

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2018, 11:18 AM
You know if you cleaned up your act a little bit you’d be a pretty good poster. Clean the hate man. But at the heart of the matter you make good posts, it’s just I’d imagine most people get lost with the verbage...
I can't post objectively after seeing him and RC set this team back more than a decade these past two offseasons. They thought culture and corporate knowledge could win games on the court. It was always the Big 3 and Kawhi.

How can there only be 3 good players on this team and be so over the cap? They don't even have a chance to sign anyone in free agency because they outbid themselves at 12:01am

Immortal Spur
10-27-2018, 11:25 AM
I can't post objectively after seeing him and RC set this team back more than a decade these past two offseasons. They thought culture and corporate knowledge could win games on the court. It was always the Big 3 and Kawhi.

How can there only be 3 good players on this team and be so over the cap? They don't even have a chance to sign anyone in free agency because they outbid themselves at 12:01am
Well it basically comes down to this, they milk players when they can to be competitive, and then they get milked to repay their debts. They are playing both sides of the fence. Sometimes they get burnt though. I think it needs to stop though. We can’t be giving loyalty contracts to role players... they just don’t have the talent to age like stars do. We’ve had a lot of value deals in the past but we have two really bad contracts right now and it’s very disappointing to say the least. I just hope they fix it now rather than later cause I know how critical this window is.

paperboy77
10-27-2018, 12:23 PM

Thinking the exact same thing!

WallyTiger
10-27-2018, 11:19 PM
`

Prose
10-28-2018, 01:03 AM
Spurs offense changed starting in 2016 when we got LMA and with the emergence of “he who shall not be named”. This created a more iso heavy team and eventually with the signing of pau and commitment to him, fml, the spurs offsense became slow and deliberate. All these things took away the style of play where Danny green and patty mills thrive in, an up tempo, fast break, 3 point shooting team and this is why those guys both didn’t have the same numbers as in the past. Committing to pau was stupid and I always said from back in 2016 when Corey Joseph left I rather have cojo over mills and that was true back then and even more so now with cojo he would be a better fit on this team

RC_Drunkford
10-28-2018, 07:27 AM
Spurs offense changed starting in 2016 when we got LMA and with the emergence of “he who shall not be named”. This created a more iso heavy team and eventually with the signing of pau and commitment to him, fml, the spurs offsense became slow and deliberate. All these things took away the style of play where Danny green and patty mills thrive in, an up tempo, fast break, 3 point shooting team and this is why those guys both didn’t have the same numbers as in the past. Committing to pau was stupid and I always said from back in 2016 when Corey Joseph left I rather have cojo over mills and that was true back then and even more so now with cojo he would be a better fit on this team

Well with DeRozan that type of offense is back. We Just gotta get rid of Pau and Patty and replace them with high level 3-and-D wings

Spurtacular
10-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Tired of ST thinking teams don't have to pay for quality rotation players, tbh (regardless of who likes Green, Mills, Pau, Bonner, whomever).