PDA

View Full Version : Forbes>Murray?

dontouchmebwo
10-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Who is a better fit for the starting lineup?

Forbes hit the weight room this summer, added some good size and we're seeing a big difference so far, he's playing like a 15ppg guy, spaces the floor very well too.

Murray is obviously the better defender (not even close) but his style could cramp the offense especially next to DD.

White seems like he'd be the best fit out of both of them while Mills is looking like the worst guard on the roster.

skin27
10-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Forbes better shooter
murray better defender

spursparker9
10-27-2018, 10:00 PM
Is it too much to ask for both to play together?

BD24
10-27-2018, 10:01 PM
OP is a faggot

SpurPadre
10-27-2018, 10:02 PM
No.

testies
10-27-2018, 10:03 PM
is HIV better than Cancer? who knows their both horrible

DAF86
Forbes has been great this season, tbh.

SAGirl
Would love to have Murray healthy but since he’s not going to play this year, this point is completely irrelevant.

Forbes is playing very well.

This is probably the new Tony vs Manu thing. There’s alwyas something.

dontouchmebwo
10-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Is it too much to ask for both to play together?

They'd be a good combo off the bench

DJR210
10-27-2018, 10:05 PM
If I had to choose between them who would have torn their ACL in preseason this year, it wouldn't have been Murray

Seventyniner
10-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Forbes isn't better than Murray, but he fits far better next to DeRozan.

Still, the team would be way better with Murray healthy. I think we would see a lot of lineups with all three of them.

SpurPadre
10-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Would love to have Murray healthy but since he’s not going to play this year, this point is completely irrelevant.

Forbes is playing very well.

This is probably the new Tony vs Manu thing. There’s alwyas something.

Let's not exaggerate things though. Forbes is playing well to expectations but he's still a terrible defender and isn't a real PG. He's just hitting shots, which is all well and good but he's nothing special.

slick'81
10-27-2018, 10:09 PM
Wheres dejounte forbes when u need him?

RD2191
Permaban this faggot

sananspursfan21
Whoa whoa whoa eeeeeeeaaaaaaasy now

marinoman
10-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Happy I was in the extreme minority saying I wanna resign Forbes, and play him more than patty.
that said, nah I’d rather have Murray, plus shooting prolly improved

SAGirl
10-27-2018, 10:14 PM
Let's not exaggerate things though. Forbes is playing well to expectations but he's still a terrible defender and isn't a real PG. He's just hitting shots, which is all well and good but he's nothing special.
He’s playing his role well, and hitting his shots more importantly. He’s a legit offensive player.
The thread is irrelevant for this season bc Murray is injured unless OP was trolling Murrayfans... which I tend to think all the versus arguments tend to be since both players are in the same team.

SpurPadre
10-27-2018, 10:17 PM
He’s playing his role well, and hitting his shots more importantly. He’s a legit offensive player.
The thread is irrelevant for this season bc Murray is injured unless OP was trolling Murrayfans... which I tend to think all the versus arguments tend to be since both players are in the same team.

I was wrong in thinking he was never going to be a legit NBA player but he still shouldn't be a starter long term. Once White is ready, he needs to start.

Indianman

Point made.

daslicer

HIV actually leads to Cancer. Believe it or not when people die of AIDS it's usually because it caused cancer.

Indianman
If I had to choose between them who would have torn their ACL in preseason this year, it wouldn't have been Murray

Pau all the way lol

Leetonidas
10-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Forbes has been great but our defense is atrocious and Murray is an actual PG so I would rather have our best defensive player in the SL

SAGirl
10-27-2018, 10:18 PM
HIV actually leads to Cancer. Believe it or not when people die of AIDS it's usually because it caused cancer.
Interesting fact.

Spurtacular
10-27-2018, 10:20 PM
:lmao

(I needed to get this on the first page if not the second post)

boutons_deux
10-27-2018, 10:21 PM

obesity is risk factor for cancer, but docs won't talk to their patients about their obesity, and esp not about it as a cancer initiator.

hater
10-27-2018, 10:21 PM
Called dat shit :tu

Forbes best case scenario: Bobby Jackson

Called
Dat
Sheet
:tu

SpursDynasty85
10-27-2018, 10:27 PM
2 very different players. Murray is definitely a better player for now and probably will be in the future. Murray was showing so much improvement from last year on both the offense and defensive side of the ball.

BD24
10-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Permaban this faggot

BD24
10-27-2018, 10:31 PM
:lmao

(I needed to get this on the first page if not the second post)
Bryn is a rich mans Jimmer tbh

Spurtacular
10-27-2018, 10:33 PM
Bryn is a rich mans Jimmer tbh

Nope.

BD24
10-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Nope.
One is an NBA player, the other one plays against a bunch of China men

hater
10-27-2018, 10:36 PM

Called
Dat
Sheet

Called it :tu

Spurtacular
10-27-2018, 10:36 PM
One is an NBA player, the other one plays against a bunch of China men

Tired argument.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2018, 11:15 PM
What is this thread?

james evans
10-27-2018, 11:19 PM
Forbes better shooter
murray better defender
yep. If both can fix their flaws, we'd be set at the pg position for at lest the next 8 years. Teaching defense is really easy to do. But hey, popoivch is the greatest and he had Parker for 17 years and he came in trash while leaving as a trash defender

RC_Drunkford
10-28-2018, 06:49 AM
White/Bryn can be the next Manu/Patty. They would fit well coming off the bench together. DeRozan/Aldridge need to play with 3 3-point shooters around them, that gives them so much space to operate and maximizes their effectivity. With that being said we'd have to see how Murray's shot looks to judge if him and DeMar fit together in the back court.

JeffDuncan
10-28-2018, 07:24 AM
Murray is better.

Forbes is playing himself out of the chopped liver category.

John B
10-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Forbes is the best fit with Demar and LMA than either Murray and White because he is the deadly shooter among the three. While Murray’s injury was devastating, it forced Pops to realize that Demar is the best facilitator among all the guards ala Harden. Murray is not a PG, and I repeat, is not a PG. He dribbles high and gets picked, awful shooter unless he proves otherwise, and just doesn’t create very well. He could be best at 3nD if he develops a consistent 3. And with LW4 who seems to have a higher ceiling, to me Murray becomes the odd man. His hype packaged with Pau’s expiring and a couple of 1st picks could fetch us Butler I think.

WallyTiger
10-28-2018, 08:19 AM
What is this thread?
Forbes>Murray? (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276181&page=2)

WallyTiger
10-28-2018, 08:21 AM
What is this thread?
Forbes > Murray ?

picnroll
10-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Why the fuck do Spurstalk posters have this pathological need to elevate one Spurs player over another. How about they compliment each other dumbass OP?

FkLA
10-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Forbes is good. I called it. Me.

BackHome
10-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Forbes sucks as a PG he can put up some points but his defense is terrible. Also if your a PG and play 30 minutes and only have 1 assist and 1 rebound your really not good

John B
10-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Forbes sucks as a PG he can put up some points but his defense is terrible. Also if your a PG and play 30 minutes and only have 1 assist and 1 rebound your really not good
Demar is the combo guard and Forbes as shooting guard.

Mr. Body
10-28-2018, 12:13 PM
Why the fuck do Spurstalk posters have this pathological need to elevate one Spurs player over another. How about they compliment each other dumbass OP?

It's a substitute to actual thought and analysis.

duncan2k5
10-28-2018, 12:27 PM
This is Forbes ceiling... Murray has star level talent, and drive (plus it seems as if his shot is improving)... I can't see Forbes taking it to elite point guards in the playoffs... He just doesn't have that killer instinct... I can definitely see Murray doing all the dirty work that needs to be done, while taking it to the opposing guard... Dude is what? 22?

duncan2k5
10-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Forbes is the best fit with Demar and LMA than either Murray and White because he is the deadly shooter among the three. While Murray’s injury was devastating, it forced Pops to realize that Demar is the best facilitator among all the guards ala Harden. Murray is not a PG, and I repeat, is not a PG. He dribbles high and gets picked, awful shooter unless he proves otherwise, and just doesn’t create very well. He could be best at 3nD if he develops a consistent 3. And with LW4 who seems to have a higher ceiling, to me Murray becomes the odd man. His hype packaged with Pau’s expiring and a couple of 1st picks could fetch us Butler I think.

That tired line of Murray not being able to dribble and always getting picked needed to die in the Houston series years ago... When he started the second half of last season, he averaged like a little over 1 turnover per game... And not from getting stripped... The guy can dribble... That's one of his strengths... But like all young point guards, when he first started, he would get caught in traffic without a plan... He has greatly improved that aspect... For goodness sakes that's something Parker used to do his entire career... Drive and get caught up in the trees, then flop while the ball careen out of bounds... Ginobili is a turnover machine... That didn't stop them from being great players... Murray is vastly superior to Forbes

duncan2k5
10-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Ppl concerned about Murray fitting with demar and LMA need to ask themselves:

1. We really gonna win a championship with LMA as the leader? Most likely no... So don't mess up a promising future for the sake of keeping a guy happy who u should have traded like yesterday

2. Does demar even want to be here? We all know the answer to that...

3. So Murray will never improve his shot ur assuming? Because it definitely looks like he has... Unless we are still considering Murray of 2016...LMA was an all star with Murray at the helm... Murray didn't hinder him... If u actually watch games, when it is dump down to LMA, Murray would cross to the other side of the floor to take him man out the play...

duncan2k5
10-28-2018, 12:42 PM
I say all that to say... Murray reaching his potential can take us places... And that's more important than reveling in mediocrity with Forbes just so we can get one extra three pointer a game... MAYBE... Because Murray is almost definitely going to improve his jumper...

Raven
10-28-2018, 12:51 PM
i'm afraid you don't always get to play bottom of the barrel guards. I mean, can anyone think of a worse guard rotation than the lakers?

RC_Drunkford
10-28-2018, 12:57 PM
keep both on the roster, they locked up for cheap. Spurs need as many good value contracts as possible

John B
10-28-2018, 01:52 PM
i'm afraid you don't always get to play bottom of the barrel guards. I mean, can anyone think of a worse guard rotation than the lakers?
I’m not a fan of Lakers, but they don’t have bottom barrel guard rotation. Spurs would be lucky to have either Lonzo (without the drama) or Hart. What they needed was a better coach. Spurs got lucky but that’s why Spurs need to improve.

anonymouse
10-28-2018, 11:31 PM
Forbes in the starting lineup because he spaces the floor until Murray can hit the 3 on a consistent basis. I think Murray's D is over rated but still better than Forbes in that regard. Murray probably has more upside but Forbes is a gamer and who knows if Chris Paul is a good defender then why not Forbes given time and tutelage?

Hoops Czar
10-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Forbes in the starting lineup because he spaces the floor until Murray can hit the 3 on a consistent basis. I think Murray's D is over rated but still better than Forbes in that regard. Murray probably has more upside but Forbes is a gamer and who knows if Chris Paul is a good defender then why not Forbes given time and tutelage?

If Steph Curry can be a good shooter then why not Paddy Mills given time and tutelage? I wonder if people even bother to read what they write anymore. There's going to be some serious regression to the mean with Forbes but hopefully it won't happen until after White gets back.

anonymouse
10-29-2018, 12:27 AM
We'll see how good he'll get. If he gets 20+ mins/game I feel pretty good about this.

tbh this is a lost season anyway. Hopefully we'll decide to tank it and get Nassir Little...

RC_Drunkford
10-29-2018, 06:14 AM
If Steph Curry can be a good shooter then why not Paddy Mills given time and tutelage? I wonder if people even bother to read what they write anymore. There's going to be some serious regression to the mean with Forbes but hopefully it won't happen until after White gets back.

because Patty Mills doesn't work on anything. The guy is a 30-year old NBA player and airballs lay ups

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2018, 03:52 PM
murray the most overrated spur atm
all defensive team yet didnt see him shut down anyone last season
no offensive game aka jumpshot
has that hero ball mode which shuts out other team mates when his trading bricks rash plays h2h with other clown his trying to make a statement...

i dont think last year he played all defense like danny green, yes green was injured, but the games he played he showed more then what murry showed all season on the defensive end...

as for forbes, his justa a overglorified gary neal forced to handle the ball when that is not his forte, as for defense he tries but that isnt just good enough, he has to put his body on the line drawing charges...do they even still call charges these days with all these new bs rules

Kawhi_6rings
10-30-2018, 05:23 AM
MURRAY WILL NEVER GOING TO SHOOT 40FG% FROM DEEP

BackHome
10-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Murray and White are 1 and 2 and Forbes is 3rd nothing is ever going to
change that Forbes is a 6’3 SG.

hater
10-30-2018, 12:35 PM

Called
Dat
Sheet

bigdickboys
10-30-2018, 12:57 PM
Don't be silly.

We need Murray's defense on the perimeter. Simply put, we can obviously generate penetration and open looks primarily through Derozan and secondarily through Murray. That creates open looks on the perimeter. But we can't replace a lack of defense with anyone but Murray at this point. To take this a step forward, we specifically don't know what Derozan to Murray will look like. It seems from his Instagram that Murray has improved his shot. I want to see what it looks like when Derozan distributes out to Murray on the edges and whether Murray can hit that outside shot when he's wide open.