PDA

View Full Version : How far would we have gone with Demar on last year's team?

SpurPadre
10-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Place DD on last year's team and we're 3rd seed easy...and I dare say we would've made things more interesting against the Dubs without Curry tbh. I'm sure DD and Manu would've had some great chemistry too. Thoughts?

offset formation
10-29-2018, 11:02 PM
Place DD on last year's team and we're 3rd seed easy...and I dare say we would've made things more interesting against the Dubs without Curry tbh. I'm sure DD and Manu would've had some great chemistry too. Thoughts?

LMA single handedly carried that team to 47 wins. Was truly remarkable how much of a burden he shouldered last year. I mean there were games where I wondered how we made it out of the 80s.

Thus, if we had had a 28 pt scorer to spell LMA, we absolutely could have won 57+ games.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2018, 11:18 PM

He would have been held scoreless by Jrue Holiday & at best gotten swept by the 6th seed Pelicans.

SouthTexasRancher
10-29-2018, 11:31 PM
He would have been held scoreless by Jrue Holiday & at best gotten swept by the 6th seed Pelicans.

Bah Humbug!

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2018, 11:34 PM
Best shooting guard in franchise history and it honestly isn't even close, tbh...

Mirrornick
10-29-2018, 11:39 PM
Best shooting guard in franchise history and it honestly isn't even close, tbh...

lol I'm probably the biggest DD homer on this board. You might be 1B

skin27
10-29-2018, 11:42 PM

he’s the number 1 porker fan here and he hates manu..:lol

Chinook
10-29-2018, 11:43 PM
Wins in the low-50s. Third-seed going away. Beat Utah in the first round. Lose to GS in the second round. ST still in full suicide mode.

skin27
53 wins,3rd seed and 2nd round exit..tbh

SpurPadre

Nah, he's just a Manu hater for no good reason and he's just trolling his fans tbh.

Mirrornick
10-29-2018, 11:49 PM
he’s the number 1 porker fan here and he hates manu..:lol

lol

BillMc
10-30-2018, 12:00 AM
Wins in the low-50s. Third-seed going away. Beat Utah in the first round. Lose to GS in the second round. ST still in full suicide mode.

Sounds about right.

JeffDuncan
10-30-2018, 12:04 AM
We'd still have the 50 win streak going if DDR had been here.

cjw
10-30-2018, 12:12 AM

By the time the Spurs would have played the Warriors, they would have had Curry back. That Warriors series is probably a sweep with Curry active.

It’s early and Demar will only start gelling more at the defensive end. Wildcard this year is if the Spurs get anything out of White / Walker / Metu (probably only on White) to help the porous defense

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Nah, he's just a Manu hater for no good reason and he's just trolling his fans tbh.

How can one dislike Manu? Hmm..

DAF86
10-30-2018, 12:58 AM

Not so sure we would have beaten last year's Jazz playoffs run, tbh.

Chinook
10-30-2018, 01:00 AM
Not so sure we would have beaten last year's Jazz playoffs run, tbh.

Would have wrecked their shit tbh.

skin27
10-30-2018, 04:59 AM
How can one dislike Manu? Hmm..

Porker fans here in ST hates manu..because they argue of who is better between manu or porker..LoL

r0drig0lac
10-30-2018, 06:36 AM
top 4

ItsARap
10-30-2018, 06:54 AM
If Derozan played for Spurs last year, Pop would of had Pelicans covered, as Pelicans were not a problem to Raps (if I remember correctly). Derozan and Lowry owned the East last year - just needed 2 Danny Greens to help them reach the Finals.

You have one of the hardest grinders in the 4th Qtr in Demar. US analysts are surprised by his production on Spurs under Pops.

I knew Derozan had a passing game, but him and Lowry could only do so much, imo, w/o solid 2 way role players to contribute when teams double team DD. Nice win. The B-ball God knew Spurs and DD needed that W :) --- Guy deserves everything good that he gets so I'm rooting for (our guy:) lol. Go SPURS!

ItsARap
10-30-2018, 06:57 AM

Finally getting the recognition he deserved by US Analyst. I knew Pops would highlight his great skills and work on his weaknesses. Go Derozan - Rap fans are loving it. Get yours!

ItsARap
10-30-2018, 07:05 AM
We'd still have the 50 win streak going if DDR had been here.

Derozan would of helped Spurs, as Pops would of drawn up play to his strengths and had him passing (like this season) as the ddl team in the playoffs come to him, but Raps had no Danny Greens to help him.

Derozan will grind the 4th Qtr for fans to get the W. I hope Pops takes him to higher levels.
If fans appreciate him (which I can see they do in SA) he will ALWAYS play his Ass off and get to the line on the 4th to try to grind out the W. Go Derozan! Get what you deserve!

ItsARap
10-30-2018, 07:11 AM

Careful, you can't beat out a Raptors fan for Demar :)

Diego20
10-30-2018, 07:12 AM

Porker never averaged 8 assists per game like Demar :wow:wow

Demar Best PG and second best SG in Spurs history and it isn't even close..

ItsARap
10-30-2018, 07:19 AM
Bah Humbug!

2nd that Bah Humbug.! Pops would of drawn up plays just for DD. He's the wickedest mid range (pure scorer) and again, Pops would of elevated him. He mashed up teams in regular season - just needed role players to step up and we didn't have 2 way players to HELP dude and Kyle Lowry. Derozan deserves his hype. Go Demar - take Spurs Fans to the playoffs.

Spurs Fans need to support him as he's the best chance - to make playoffs. That's an accomplishment for the season until Spurs can add a couple pieces.

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 07:44 AM
Careful, you can't beat out a Raptors fan for Demar :)

So which one are you on REALGM?

#RIP TEAMNEUTRAL

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Porker fans here in ST hates manu..because they argue of who is better between manu or porker..LoL

lol how about they're both Spurs legends and are equally important to their championship success? That sounds way not to shabby

hater
10-30-2018, 07:52 AM
West finals easily

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2018, 07:56 PM
If Derozan played for Spurs last year, Pop would of had Pelicans covered, as Pelicans were not a problem to Raps (if I remember correctly).

Pelicans didn't start rolling until they replaced DeMarcus Cancers with Mirotic & their defense (trapping scheme) picked up when Davis was playing center full-time.:sleep

We're talking about a guy who got outplayed by JR Smith, who not only locked him up but also lit him up on the other end: https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2018-nba-eastern-conference-semifinals-cavaliers-vs-raptors.html Compare that to what big ball Tatum fared against the Cavs as a 19 yr old rookie.:lol

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 08:04 PM
Pelicans didn't start rolling until they replaced DeMarcus Cancers with Mirotic & their defense (trapping scheme) picked up when Davis was playing center full-time.:sleep

We're talking about a guy who got outplayed by JR Smith, who not only locked him up but also lit him up on the other end: https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2018-nba-eastern-conference-semifinals-cavaliers-vs-raptors.html Compare that to what big ball Tatum fared against the Cavs as a 19 yr old rookie.:lol

this guy has nothing else better to do in life but to hate on DeRozan last few weeks. Goof

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2018, 08:27 PM

He now has more 30 points than anyone not named Dad Killer to start a season & is shooting 38% from 3............he's a changed man!!!

Playoff start:
https://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Derozen-800x445.jpg

SouthTexasRancher
11-03-2018, 05:14 AM
2nd that Bah Humbug.! Pops would of drawn up plays just for DD. He's the wickedest mid range (pure scorer) and again, Pops would of elevated him. He mashed up teams in regular season - just needed role players to step up and we didn't have 2 way players to HELP dude and Kyle Lowry. Derozan deserves his hype. Go Demar - take Spurs Fans to the playoffs.

Spurs Fans need to support him as he's the best chance - to make playoffs. That's an accomplishment for the season until Spurs can add a couple pieces.

:bobo

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Why would anything have changed?

He's of the biggest chokers in playoffs history, no hyperbole:lol

RC_Drunkford
11-03-2018, 08:35 AM

It will be 2 longass seasons til October of 2020

weeks
11-03-2018, 03:09 PM

lol the opposite is true actually.
manutards hate parker because he was a starter and manu was a bench player
skin27 is one of the worst parker whiners

it's just beaners doin beaner things, don't get involved tho it's a mess

SAGirl
11-03-2018, 05:17 PM
It definitely would have been a more interesting season

Dhbsr555
11-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Well if we had dd kahwi probably would have played

Leetonidas
11-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Regular season would have been much less frustrating and more entertaining. End result would have been the same

tonight...you
11-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Regular season would have been much less frustrating and more entertaining. End result would have been the same
Yup. Like this season is already doing.

tb5
11-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Better simply by Kawhitter being deported. DD is just icing on the cake!

SpurPadre
11-03-2018, 11:22 PM
lol the opposite is true actually.
manutards hate parker because he was a starter and manu was a bench player
skin27 is one of the worst parker whiners

it's just beaners doin beaner things, don't get involved tho it's a mess

racist