PDA

View Full Version : DD reminds me of 2013 Kobe Bryant

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Do y'all remember that time the Lakers grabbed Howard and Nash and the entire world thought that life isn't fair for the other 28 teams fan bases? Those same lakers got destroyed by mediocre teams all year long and then injuries began to pile up. Then what's left on that lakers team? The lonestar AKA Kobe Bryant. That season, Kobe Bryant carried the team filled with scrubs to the playoffs until the very end before he tore his Achilles. Something we are seeing DeRozan doing right now is carrying his team to victories and is hitting clutch shots after clutch shots. DeKobe is a real thing now.

That year Kobe Bryant shown the world that he is a willing passer too, something we are seeing in DeRozan right now. Kobe's side kick in Gasol was getting old at that point and was a shell of his former self. Ironically Gasol is playing along side DD right now.

Assuming you are old enough to remember Kobe Bryant's 2013 season which was arguably his top 3 seasons in his career before he tore his Achilles.

KOBE BRYANT STATS FROM 2013
38.8 MPG
27.7 PPG
6 APG
5.6 RPG

DeKobe STATS from this season
38.8 MPG
28.8 PPG
8 APG
6RPG

Truly remarkable and similar stats and a similar scenario. Please be advised that I have reversed any jinx of DD toring his achilles like Kobe Bryant did :)

The Closer
10-30-2018, 06:02 PM
Didn't he get injured son? :lol

tonight...you
10-30-2018, 06:06 PM
Besides the injury, my dear. One does not necessarily lead to another.

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 06:09 PM

I'm talking about how they play.. read

hater
10-30-2018, 06:12 PM
Well minutes wise he is there. Hopefully his achilles holds up but Pop must find another guy to handle the ball at times

RC_Drunkford
10-30-2018, 06:18 PM
And Kobe had Pau Gasol on his team just like DeRozan does now :wow I smell a championship...

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 06:24 PM
And Kobe had Pau Gasol on his team just like DeRozan does now :wow I smell a championship...

That smell is coming from the Warriors' lockeroom

FkLA
10-30-2018, 06:25 PM
DeStar > Kirby

Mugen
10-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Assuming you are old enough to remember Kobe Bryant's 2013 season which was arguably his top 3 seasons in his career before he tore his Achilles.

:lol Are there a ton of 10 years olds posting on the board?

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 06:51 PM
:lol Are there a ton of 10 years olds posting on the board?

Sometimes it does look like it , am I right

The Closer
10-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Sometimes it does look like it , am I right
You 22 right? :lmao

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 06:58 PM
You 22 right? :lmao

age is a number. and no I am not 22.

The Closer
10-30-2018, 07:07 PM
age is a number. and no I am not 22.

So close. :lol

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 07:11 PM
So close. :lol

I don't know wtf you talking about at this point. Give me what you're smoking.

The Closer
10-30-2018, 07:13 PM
I don't know wtf you talking about at this point. Give me what you're smoking.

Guessing your age dumbfuck. :lmao

runningnurse71
10-30-2018, 07:24 PM
Calm down skippy, DD only played 6 games so far. Hold your horses mijo!

acoelho1
10-30-2018, 07:28 PM
He’s not Kobe. Let’s see him in the playoffs.

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Guessing your age dumbfuck. :lmao

You guessed wrong

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 07:47 PM
He’s not Kobe. Let’s see him in the playoffs.

2013 regular season Kobe Bryant is my comparison. lol

mattscapsule
10-30-2018, 09:18 PM
Don't get banned here like you did on realgm Nick! ;)

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:22 PM
Don't get banned here like you did on realgm Nick! ;)

I promise I won't.

Faggot :P

REALGM username?

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:23 PM
RIP TEAMNEUTRAL

skin27
10-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Lol do you really want to compare derozan to a cancer? Unless you want derozan to become a selfish cancer too..lol

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:25 PM
All these REALGMers showing up on here with different names. Too ashamed to show your true colors lol. Come out in the open like me.

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:26 PM
Lol do you really want to compare derozan to a cancer? Unless you want derozan to become a selfish cancer too..lol

in 2013 Kobe Bryant was a willing facilitator, similarly to DeRozan this season. 2013 Kobe Bryant was a great teammate.

mattscapsule
10-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Alright alright.. I'll leave you alone! I'm just happy you are able to unleash your DD fandom to its full potential :)

skin27
10-30-2018, 09:33 PM
in 2013 Kobe Bryant was a willing facilitator, similarly to DeRozan this season. 2013 Kobe Bryant was a great teammate.

a great teammate that he throws Howard and Nash out of the bus..lol..even Nash said kobe is selfish teammate..

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Kirby was actually able to take & makes 3s but you're right they both don't play defense.

Leetonidas
10-30-2018, 09:36 PM
Lol...

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:37 PM
a great teammate that he throws Howard and Nash out of the bus..lol..even Nash said kobe is selfish teammate..

Kobe is DD's idol. I'm sure he would disagree with you LOL

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2018, 09:37 PM
The refs got that Lakers team to the playoffs tbh. Worst officiated team I've ever seen for a season, tbh..

They were sent to the bonus so early in quarters that teams made them pay for it by hacking Dwight. They led the team in free throws that year.

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:38 PM
The refs got those Lakers teams to the playoffs tbh. Worst officiated team I've ever seen for a season, tbh..

Kobe Bryant's determination got them to the playoffs.

RD2191
10-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Kobe Bryant's determination got them to the playoffs.

His determination to rape

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:40 PM

lol they never even proved the rape. That cunt went after the money and everyone knows it. Typical bitches

skin27
10-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Kobe is DD's idol. I'm sure he would disagree with you LOL

Let’s e honest here cancer is your idol before derozan right?

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Man i remember that game when Kobe tore his Achilles like it was yesterday :lmao

It was sweet poetic justice. Lakers had 50 free throws that game, and the play where Bean head popped his shit on his own was also whistled a foul leading to free throws. NBA bet money on those faggots for sure

skin27
10-30-2018, 09:45 PM

:lol

Mirrornick
10-30-2018, 09:48 PM
Let’s e honest here cancer is your idol before derozan right?

No my all time favorite player before DD was Jermaine O'neal. Became a fan of JO back in 2001.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2018, 09:00 AM
comparing dd to a pos who chucks bad selection shots cause every shot he takes he reckons is a good shot...

fade away 3s or forcing up a jumpshot even when his double....

DJR210
10-31-2018, 09:03 AM

lol they never even proved the rape. That cunt went after the money and everyone knows it. Typical bitches

When he settled, the rape was proven. Innocent men don't make settlements.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 09:07 AM

When he settled, the rape was proven. Innocent men don't make settlements.

So innocent people never plea guilty? That's wrong bro. Why would he risk losing at a trial and going to prison when he has millions of dollars he could save the trouble and risk of going to prison. Innocent people are locked up all the time. You live in the USA, you should know about wrongful convictions more than I do.

DJR210
10-31-2018, 09:12 AM
So innocent people never plea guilty? That's wrong bro. Why would he risk losing at a trial and going to prison when he has millions of dollars he could save the trouble and risk of going to prison. Innocent people are locked up all the time. You live in the USA, you should know about wrongful convictions more than I do.

Nope. Not innocent people with the money to hire the best lawyers available. Just as you said she was "after the money", an easy angle a team of lawyers with a lot of pull would have no problem winning. He was guilty and wanted the case to just go away.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Nope. Not innocent people with the money to hire the best lawyers available. Just as you said she was "after the money", an easy angle a team of lawyers with a lot of pull would have no problem winning. He was guilty and wanted the case to just go away.

So there's no chance Kobe had consensual sex with the girl? Come on man, you know we will never know the true facts on what happened that night. Sure Kobe Bryant cheated on his wife and that's a disgraceful action, but I don't believe he raped that girl. Rape is a strong word. False rape accusations happens all the time. If you are poor, you are less likely to be accused of rape because I mean why bother going to a civil court if the men has no money. The rich ones are the ones who constantly get accused. American justice system is so fucked though. It is estimated that 5% of men are innocent in prison, all thanks to the prosecutor with tunnel vision and a political goal to achieve as many convictions as possible.

r0drig0lac
10-31-2018, 01:15 PM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 01:47 PM
Didn't realize this board had a lot of Kobe haters. Nothing wrong with that. He is one of the most polarizing players of all time.

Arcadian
10-31-2018, 02:52 PM
One thing you should know is, Spurs fans generally hate Kobe. Not just this board, all Spurs fans. We had a rivalry with the Lakers in the 2000s, and Kobe and Duncan were in a constant race to win the most rings.

However, the hatred on this board was exacerbated by a horde of stupid Laker trolls. Some of these gay creatures can still be observed in their natural habitat, the NBA forum. :lol

Spurtacular
10-31-2018, 03:16 PM
Kobe's side kick in Gasol was getting old at that point and was a shell of his former self.

No. He just had no desire to get Pippen Bryant a sixth ring. He went to Chicago the next year and was a 19-12 all-star.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 03:46 PM
No. He just had no desire to get Pippen Bryant a sixth ring. He went to Chicago the next year and was a 19-12 all-star.

To be honest Gasol was injured and only played 49 games that season. He wasn't the same player as he was in their title run. No question.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 03:48 PM
One thing you should know is, Spurs fans generally hate Kobe. Not just this board, all Spurs fans. We had a rivalry with the Lakers in the 2000s, and Kobe and Duncan were in a constant race to win the most rings.

However, the hatred on this board was exacerbated by a horde of stupid Laker trolls. Some of these gay creatures can still be observed in their natural habitat, the NBA forum. :lol

Yeah rivalries are great for the game and all but at the end, both teams and players(TD and Kobe) are one of the best players of all time and I appreciate them for what they have done. I don't see the point of hating Kobe post retirement.

DJR210
10-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Didn't realize this board had a lot of Kobe haters. Nothing wrong with that. He is one of the most polarizing players of all time.

If you're gonna post on this board, then you're gonna have to accept that Kobe raped. Period.

r0drig0lac
10-31-2018, 04:23 PM
If you're gonna post on this board, then you're gonna have to accept that Kobe raped. Period.

this

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 04:28 PM

It's not rape unless he entered through the backdoor. :)

Spurtacular
10-31-2018, 04:30 PM
To be honest Gasol was injured and only played 49 games that season. He wasn't the same player as he was in their title run. No question.

I live in the LA market; I saw how it went down nightly. Pau had won his two rings and he had come to terms with the fact that another ring was just about Kobe's legacy (The media wasn't gonna talk about how 1A Pau got a threepeat). He didn't respect primadonna Kobe at that point or the game outside the game. He wasn't going to go to lay it all on the line for him; he checked out.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2018, 05:06 PM
The refs got that Lakers team to the playoffs tbh. Worst officiated team I've ever seen for a season, tbh..

They were sent to the bonus so early in quarters that teams made them pay for it by hacking Dwight. They led the team in free throws that year.

Definitely the most egregious and blatant officiating bias I've ever seen over a multi-game span:lol

They were so desperate to get them in the playoffs, it would have been such a disaster if Kobe missed the playoffs with that supporting cast..

JeffDuncan
10-31-2018, 05:15 PM
... I don't see the point of hating Kobe post retirement.

You'll learn.

Luck the Fakers.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 05:24 PM
My job here is to post quality posts on demar and spurs. Kobe or Lakers are not in mind at all anymore.

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2018, 05:24 PM
Definitely the most egregious and blatant officiating bias I've ever seen over a multi-game span:lol

They were so desperate to get them in the playoffs, it would have been such a disaster if Kobe missed the playoffs with that supporting cast..
:lol big facts

"Now THIS is going to be fun" lmfaooooooo

Arcadian
10-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Yeah rivalries are great for the game and all but at the end, both teams and players(TD and Kobe) are one of the best players of all time and I appreciate them for what they have done. I don't see the point of hating Kobe post retirement.

True. I think many of us respect him more in retrospect.

skin27
11-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Duncan>>>>kirby

BillMc
11-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Duncan>>>>kirby

No doubt

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2018, 06:50 AM

Fuck the fuckin Lakers. You better get used to it. Besides that Spurs also have huge rivalries with the Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets. And we don't really like the Oklahoma City Thunder, LA Flippers, Utah Jazz, New Orleans Pelicans and especially the Golden State Warriors, due to a couple of playoff series we had against them.

Mirrornick
11-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Fuck the fuckin Lakers. You better get used to it. Besides that Spurs also have huge rivalries with the Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets. And we don't really like the Oklahoma City Thunder, LA Flippers, Utah Jazz, New Orleans Pelicans and especially the Golden State Warriors, due to a couple of playoff series we had against them.

You don't like everyone , duly noted :)

JeffDuncan
11-01-2018, 09:46 AM

You've been in the East. You don't know how it is in the Wild West.

Mirrornick
11-01-2018, 12:02 PM
You've been in the East. You don't know how it is in the Wild West.

I always hated the celtics. They are likely going to play the Raptors in the ECF. Suck Feltics

RC_Drunkford
11-02-2018, 07:24 AM

You have to understand, 21 years of consecutive playoff appearances give you a long history of battles with other franchises. So it's pretty normal that we have rivalries with almost everybody in the West