PDA

View Full Version : Who would you want to play in the 1st round? Realistically?

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 12:15 PM
Honestly, I want the damn Lakers. I hope we end up 4th seed and Lakers get the 5th. DeRozan has to get over that stigma of losing against LeBron once and for all.

EDIT: I realized it's maybe a little too premature, but fuck it let's dream big LOL

Immortal Spur
10-31-2018, 12:20 PM
Houston or Lakers

RC_Drunkford
10-31-2018, 12:24 PM
Lakers. Just to kick them out of the Playoffs, since we can't make the finals anyway that would give me enough satisfaction

Chinook
10-31-2018, 12:40 PM
Just avoid the Warriors. I think SA would have a chance against any other team in the bracket, so the longer they go without hitting that Warrior Wall, the better.

BillMc
10-31-2018, 12:49 PM
Just avoid the Warriors. I think SA would have a chance against any other team in the bracket, so the longer they go without hitting that Warrior Wall, the better.

This. If the Spurs D can improve, really only the Warriors would be impossible to beat. Not that certain teams wouldn't be favored against the Spurs, but only Dubs would be near insurmountable.

Keepin' it real
10-31-2018, 12:56 PM
Realistically? Toronto.

Seventyniner
10-31-2018, 01:00 PM

So you would prefer the 6th or 7th seed over the 4th or 5th? Assuming, of course, that GS gets the 1 seed.

spurs10
10-31-2018, 01:04 PM
Just avoid the Warriors. I think SA would have a chance against any other team in the bracket, so the longer they go without hitting that Warrior Wall, the better. Yep!

Chinook
10-31-2018, 01:39 PM
So you would prefer the 6th or 7th seed over the 4th or 5th? Assuming, of course, that GS gets the 1 seed.

Dunno. Like if the Rockets were the fifth-seed, I might still prefer to be fourth. But yeah, I might tank a game to drop from fifth to sixth if that gets me to the other part of the bracket.

Leetonidas
10-31-2018, 01:45 PM
Rockets or Lakers. Any other team I think spurs would struggle with.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 01:50 PM
The west is so stacked, at this point we don't even know if the Lakers will make the playoffs let alone a 5th seed lol

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2018, 02:40 PM
Anyone but the Warriors or Pelicans. We stand no chance against either of them.

in2deep
10-31-2018, 02:49 PM
:lol calm down

season just started

we are not a lock for playoffs to start with

marinoman
10-31-2018, 02:56 PM
No lock on making playoffs plus some key players need to be added to the roster somehow, can’t have Cunningham be our starting sf long term, not sure a rookie should either

Spurtacular
10-31-2018, 03:13 PM
Who is thinking about the first round? Realistically?

BillMc
10-31-2018, 03:21 PM
Washington Generals

Hoops Czar
10-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Phoenix

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-31-2018, 03:36 PM
Anyone. Making it to the playoffs with this group will signal a successful season.

BackHome
10-31-2018, 03:38 PM
No one we need a high draft pick in a big way.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2018, 03:44 PM
but seriously who will make the west 8 spots?

but if the spurs do make it, depending on matchups, spurs could easily advance to 2nd round...(want portland or denver, they look like easy teams that spurs always have their number)

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 03:54 PM
Winning in the 1st round will be a huge success I guess. The rockets are now all of a sudden a question mark and they have a injury prone 34 year old Chris Paul and a team cancer in Melo. The west might be more open than we think. That's of course until anyone runs into the Warriors, then it's a wrap. An angry and focused Derozan will make the haters eat crow, that I can promise with certainty.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 03:54 PM
but seriously who will make the west 8 spots?

but if the spurs do make it, depending on matchups, spurs could easily advance to 2nd round...(want portland or denver, they look like easy teams that spurs always have their number)

Denver vs Spurs would be a great series. DeRozan always destroys Denver.

Hoops Czar
10-31-2018, 03:55 PM
Oh Chinook, I can always count on you for a good laugh. They've played two playoff teams and got destroyed. They've played three non playoff teams and won 4 games by 5 points or less but could have easily lost them all. They're 19th in SOS and they're one of only two teams, Sacramento being the other, to be in playoff position with a negative point differential. They've won two road games in 7 months.

As currently constructed, they're hardly a playoff contender barring a complete unforseen meltdown by Houston and OKC. This team rarely makes impactful midseason trades and they don't have tradeable assets without it being an addition by subtraction. Your best and only hope is that DW is lightning in a bottle and LW becomes the second coming of DG overnight because there is no way in hell Forbes and Paddy will lead this team to the playoffs, let alone win a series in the playoffs against any team not named Golden State.

Hoops Czar
10-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Denver vs Spurs would be a great series. DeRozan always destroys Denver.
And Denver's offense would destroy the Spurs' defense.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 03:59 PM
And Denver's offense would destrky the Spurs' defense.

DeRozan will single handily destroy the Nuggets :P

haha the homer in me is coming out

TDomination
10-31-2018, 04:02 PM
if we make it, i always said after demar got here, i would want to play the Lakers.
That would be my championship, beating them. After that i'd be good.

Then get another star in the summer and become contenders again next year.

Darius Bieber
10-31-2018, 04:05 PM
Lottery picks tbh

Spurs da champs
10-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Pelicans are overrated imo, Spurs got a good shot against them.

LittleCriminal
10-31-2018, 04:20 PM
Realistically for me.. Golden State.
The playoffs should be a cakewalk after beating these sluts in the first round..

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2018, 04:37 PM
Pelicans are overrated imo, Spurs got a good shot against them.
Spurs always have a good shot at them when looking at the schedule. Then they play each other and they skull fuck our playoff positioning.

Aldridge would have to match Davis lol, but it gets worse after that... Bertans and Gasol have to contain Randle and Mirotic who are having career years. I don't even want to think of Jrue getting guarded by our midgets.... might have just thrown up a little.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2018, 04:51 PM
The West is extremely overrated, there's only 1 great team, a couple of good teams(Pelicans and Jazz) and then just a bunch of above average teams that aren't anything special..

With that being said, this Spurs team is pretty fucking bad and the 2 best players on the team aren't exactly playoff performers:lol

TD 21
10-31-2018, 05:24 PM
Presuming the Spurs make it and out of the projected playoff teams, probably the Nuggets. I don't trust their defense, they lack a superstar (Jokic has the game of one, but not the mentality) and wings.

I get the anyone but the Warriors argument, but I wouldn't feel confident in this team beating any of the projected top 9 in a series. No superstar, archaic style, lack of wings and not a single above average perimeter defender. They're basically what the Raptors were, only they won't have the luxury of facing a below average 1st round opponent.

Virtually everyone knew the Rockets wouldn't be the same, but putting them a tier below the Jazz and Pelicans already is a classic case of prisoner of the moment. Unless Paul has fallen off a cliff, they still have 2 superstar play makers and they'll probably trade for or sign a 3 and D wing in the buyout market.

rascal
10-31-2018, 06:10 PM
It is better for the Spurs to get into the lottery then get lucky with a good lottery pick. They need to add a franchise player in the lottery.

Mirrornick
10-31-2018, 07:20 PM
It is better for the Spurs to get into the lottery then get lucky with a good lottery pick. They need to add a franchise player in the lottery.

Then the Spurs shouldn't have traded for DeRozan. With Demar you will never be in the lottery.

kaji157
10-31-2018, 07:34 PM
Anyone but golden State or a in-rhythm Houston.

RC_Drunkford
10-31-2018, 08:51 PM
if we make it, i always said after demar got here, i would want to play the Lakers.
That would be my championship, beating them. After that i'd be good.

Then get another star in the summer and become contenders again next year.

we can not sign a player for more than 9 million per year unless we move Patty Mills for an expiring and renounce Rudy Gay's cap hold. Not happening

Arcadian
10-31-2018, 09:01 PM
This is more of a March/April thread...

hater
10-31-2018, 09:37 PM
Agree tho
Mno matter what

Winning a 1st round would be like winning a ship for ua

hater
10-31-2018, 09:38 PM
Then the Spurs shouldn't have traded for DeRozan. With Demar you will never be in the lottery.

Agreed

Dhbsr555
11-01-2018, 01:30 AM
Realistically the suns I vote for the suns

YGWHI
11-01-2018, 06:38 AM
The West is extremely overrated, there's only 1 great team, a couple of good teams(Pelicans and Jazz) and then just a bunch of above average teams that aren't anything special..

Utah is fine but has huge issues on offense.

Also, it's hard for NO that its most consistent player is Holiday.

Honestly, I can't see Jazz or Pels beating the Spurs in a 7-games series.

skin27
11-01-2018, 08:22 AM
Utah is fine but has huge issues on offense.

Also, it's hard for NO that its most consistent player is Holiday.

Honestly, I can't see Jazz or Pels beating the Spurs in a 7-games series.

Jazz maybe not but the pelicans can beat the spurs in a 7 game series