PDA

View Full Version : Haunting of House Hill - Episode 1 - Review!

SpursforSix
11-02-2018, 02:01 PM
So I didn't want to start this series until I had read the book. Which I read though Audiobooks. I thought the book sucked.

Pretty quickly into Episode 1 on Netflix, I realized that this was not going to follow the book closely.

Kind of slow to get going but interesting enough for me to keep watching.

chunticakes
11-02-2018, 08:48 PM
So I didn't want to start this series until I had read the book. Which I read though Audiobooks. I thought the book sucked.

Pretty quickly into Episode 1 on Netflix, I realized that this was not going to follow the book closely.

Kind of slow to get going but interesting enough for me to keep watching.

I liked it. Might watch it again just to compare notes with a GOAT.

Reck
11-02-2018, 09:41 PM
I went ahead and threw this on my list. Will watch at some point.

Spurminator
11-02-2018, 11:31 PM
I liked the book and the show. I read the book after watching the show.

The show has very little connection to the book other than the names of a few characters and the house itself. The show also pulls some key lines directly from the book, though often used in a different context.

Reck
11-24-2018, 08:37 PM
I'm through 5 episodes.

The family overall are a bunch of douchebags and detached assholes. Poor Luke gets treated like dog shit.

By far my favorite character despite the adult version having sub-par acting chops. :lol The kid is putting him to shame, imo.

Reck
11-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Yes, I am enjoying the show. Good reccomend, seis.

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 10:01 AM
Finished it - but by the end I was just amazed that this family didn't leave that shithouse on the first night lol.

Overall great writing, decent show,recommend.

Reck
11-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Finished it - but by the end I was just amazed that this family didn't leave that shithouse on the first night lol.

Overall great writing, decent show,recommend.

Finished it. The last episode annoyed me more than anything and brought the overall rank of the show to a 7 out of 10.

Out of nowhere and magically they all end up at the mansion and everyone gets a happy ending. :lol Ghost stories with happy endings.

What I did liked was the long dialogue scenes. They were engaging and sucked you right in. Good writing up until the end. They didn't land the finale.

Spurs Homer
11-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Finished it. The last episode annoyed me more than anything and brought the overall rank of the show to a 7 out of 10.

Out of nowhere and magically they all end up at the mansion and everyone gets a happy ending. :lol Ghost stories with happy endings.

What I did liked was the long dialogue scenes. They were engaging and sucked you right in. Good writing up until the end. They didn't land the finale.

Agree.

The kids were all good people that got fucked over -lol

Great writing but yes - that ending...