PDA

View Full Version : Trade Mills for Marcus Smart?

Fusternino
11-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Similar contracts and both one way players although Smart at least has the number of assists you would expect from a PG. Boston also has a log jam at PG with Kyrie finally committing to stay long term which is why I think Smart was given that contract to begin with.

Mirrornick
11-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Smart is a better defender and overall player. Why would the Saltics do that trade?

Actually Smart has a pretty bad start to the year, but then again a lot of the Saltics players are not playing up to their potential. They're still figuring out.

sananspursfan21
11-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Do it RC!!!

sananspursfan21
11-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Seriously though I like Smart. He’s young enough you can fix his offensive woes but he’s great defender

sasaint
11-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Smart is a better defender and overall player. Why would the Saltics do that trade?

Fusternino
11-03-2018, 09:00 AM
I'd send a first to get it done, tbh.

Mr. Body
11-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Dude can't shoot worth shit. Mills is at least a threat.

picnroll
11-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Why Smart? Why not trade Mills for Durant? Use Gasol’s contract for filler.

iGetbuckets
11-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Boston would never do that

sasaint
11-03-2018, 09:45 AM
I'd send a first to get it done, tbh.

For a one-dimensional guard to add to our backcourt logjam - No. Spurs have a good chance of drafting a player with a first who is better than Smart.

BillMc
11-03-2018, 09:50 AM

Durant not over himself. Can't lose Patty for that type of ego.

WallyTiger
11-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Totally agree, but why the blue color font ?

Spurs da champs
11-03-2018, 10:16 AM
:lmao

KDKSpurs24
11-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Spurs have shooting threats and bigger guards coming back from injury. Smart brings a toughness the team really needs. Other than the team chemistry that takes a hit due to everyone liking Patty as a teammate, it’s a no brainer

Mr. Body
11-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Spurs have shooting threats and bigger guards coming back from injury. Smart brings a toughness the team really needs. Other than the team chemistry that takes a hit due to everyone liking Patty as a teammate, it’s a no brainer

Nah. Marcus Smart is always on the outs at Boston because he can't do most of the things it takes to function on a team like that. Which is similar to the Spurs.

RD2191
11-03-2018, 10:50 AM

At the buffet line maybe

skin27
11-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Then after the trade y’all complain smart can’t shoot save his life..lol

TimDunkem
11-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Mills will retire a Spur. Fucking accept it, people.

kaji157
11-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Mills will retire a Spur. Fucking accept it, people.

+1

r0drig0lac
11-03-2018, 12:26 PM

/thread

Seventyniner
11-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Dude punched Bonner in the balls. He would be an instant ST favorite.

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2018, 05:08 PM
They already had Mills a year ago in Larkin, but chose to pass on the opportunity to bring him back because the liabilities outweigh the few positives.

Why would they trade Smart for Larkin?

Dumb.

slick'81
11-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Mills isnt getting traded for anything relevent get over it

Spurtacular
11-04-2018, 03:22 AM

30/10 on 60 FG is about what Mills gives up nightly. I'll take Smart.

james evans
11-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Smart would be stuck to the bench for us. The stuff he's pulling in Boston, LTC Popovich isn't gonna let that fly here. All of the barking and getting in players' faces getting techs. Hell no. We're all spurs fans here and we KNOW how popovich is. We'd never entertain this trade. But if we offered Mills and a 2022 1st round pick, Ainge would jump on it

sasaint
11-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Smart would be stuck to the bench for us. The stuff he's pulling in Boston, LTC Popovich isn't gonna let that fly here. All of the barking and getting in players' faces getting techs. Hell no. We're all spurs fans here and we KNOW how popovich is. We'd never entertain this trade. But if we offered Mills and a 2022 1st round pick, Ainge would jump on it

I value The first rounder more highly than a very limited, small, stop-gap G to add to a back court that (absent injuries) is cluttered already. Spurs gotta think beyond this season.

james evans
11-04-2018, 07:30 PM
I value The first rounder more highly than a very limited, small, stop-gap G to add to a back court that (absent injuries) is cluttered already. Spurs gotta think beyond this season.
I do too. I’m just stating how the Celtics have always done business.

TheGreatYacht
11-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Danny ainge and Brad Stevens are the best GM/coach duo in the league (and it ain't close)

They would laugh in Drunkford's face once he says "How about Smart for Pat-"

TD 21
11-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Danny ainge and Brad Stevens are the best GM/coach duo in the league (and it ain't close)

Granted some of it isn't in peak for yet, but the genius Stevens is coaching the 2nd or 3rd most talented roster in the league, yet they're ranked 27th in offense . . . if he were black, the snobby ass kissers in the media would be criticizing him to no end and calling for his head.

Kawhitstorm
11-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Granted some of it isn't in peak for yet, but the genius Stevens is coaching the 2nd or 3rd most talented roster in the league, yet they're ranked 27th in offense . . . if he were black, the snobby ass kissers in the media would be criticizing him to no end and calling for his head.

But...but...but...he a lovely guy from a small town in Indiana:cry

Fusternino
11-04-2018, 08:21 PM

By a lot of accounts, Hayward looks done and he's costing them $30M so they still need to play him. How to integrate him back into the offense . . .

11-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Boston would never do that

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2018, 09:20 PM
wtf does this pos continue to get minutes? culture?

waving a fkn towel on the bench every play
being vocal every play
when a team mate falls down, his first at the scene to get them up

fuck that pos...

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-06-2018, 03:45 PM

Now we're talking! Pull the f'n trigger Pop!

hater
11-06-2018, 04:32 PM
:lmao why in the world would boston trade an nba player for a meatball? :lmao

hater
11-06-2018, 04:33 PM

To a buffet table

JeffDuncan
11-06-2018, 06:40 PM
I just figured it out, there's a typo in the thread title. It's supposed to say Maxwell Smart, right?

kaji157
11-06-2018, 09:46 PM
Worst contract ever signed by the Spurs. The had not played 3 good games in a row since we signed him to that horrible contract.
Everything was wrong with it, timing, amount, extension. Everything.

slick'81
11-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Worst contract ever signed by the Spurs. The had not played 3 good games in a row since we signed him to that horrible contract.

two more years

Ice009
11-06-2018, 11:26 PM

One thing I always wonder, this contract plus the Gasol contract could also have been the start of Kawhi wanting out. If I'm right on that, that is was worse than the contract itself.

TimDunkem
11-07-2018, 12:36 AM
One thing I always wonder, this contract plus the Gasol contract could also have been the start of Kawhi wanting out. If I'm right on that, that is was worse than the contract itself.

Imagine not getting the supermax after you just saw PATFO give Mills and Gasol (who played less than 70 games with the Spurs) get 100 million dollars while letting your buddies Dedmon and Simmons walk.

r0drig0lac
11-07-2018, 04:37 AM

I'm sure it has something to do with it, but unfortunately, we can not quantify, I do not blame Kawhi for wanting to leave, the problem was the way he did

JPB
11-07-2018, 08:34 AM

How many ships or finals appearances yet for them as a duo ?

DaBears
11-07-2018, 10:53 AM
I am a Mills fan.. No one was complaining in our championship year when Mills was lighting opposing teams up.. Now that he is forced into a bigger role on the team everyone is complaining.. Get over it, all teams need a player like PM.. He is not the weakness on the team if anything he is one of the strengths.. Who else is going to be the official tower waver Jacob?

Ice009
11-07-2018, 11:16 AM
I am a Mills fan.. No one was complaining in our championship year when Mills was lighting opposing teams up.. Now that he is forced into a bigger role on the team everyone is complaining.. Get over it, all teams need a player like PM.. He is not the weakness on the team if anything he is one of the strengths.. Who else is going to be the official tower waver Jacob?

What are you on about? I was OK with Mills when he was getting 3-4M a year, but now he's paid big money to perform. He's not paid an exorbitant amount of money to play the same role as he was in 2014. I did not want the Spurs to re-sign him at all if it was for anything more than a cheap contract. I really hope that this contract plus Gasol's are not part of the reason Kawhi wanted out. If they are, the Spurs messed up even worse than I thought.

emanueldavidginobili
11-07-2018, 01:10 PM
It’s just been reported that Terry Rozier is not happy with playing time and he’s a free agent next year, I can definitely see him getting traded this year.

cool cat
11-07-2018, 03:00 PM
What are you on about? I was OK with Mills when he was getting 3-4M a year, but now he's paid big money to perform. He's not paid an exorbitant amount of money to play the same role as he was in 2014. I did not want the Spurs to re-sign him at all if it was for anything more than a cheap contract. I really hope that this contract plus Gasol's are not part of the reason Kawhi wanted out. If they are, the Spurs messed up even worse than I thought.

I agree it felt like it was time to move on from Mills when he was a free agent, let him try to be a starter somewhere. Then we dropped big money on him to be some strange backup/mentor role.

I don't think it had anything to do with Kawhi, that guy just has mental issues.

Fusternino
11-07-2018, 03:05 PM
It’s just been reported that Terry Rozier is not happy with playing time and he’s a free agent next year, I can definitely see him getting traded this year.

I have no doubt one of Smart or Rozier is getting traded.