PDA

View Full Version : If Portland Calls, would you trade LaMarcus?

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Woj went into Lowe's podcast and said that teams around the NBA are calling the spurs to see if DeMar or LaMarcus are available, **since their styles don't mesh very well** as he said.

Say Portland calls and offers Nurkić and Al-Farouq Aminu? Would you say yes? I know Nurkić can't be traded until Jan 15th, but it's still possible to happen. The Blazers might think that they have a legit shot to compete with the Warriors if HOU is as bad as it looks and if they were to bring LaMarcus in and pair him with Damian and CJ. I mean they have desperately tried to bring someone in unsuccessfuly because who wants to live in Oregon, but we do know that LaMarcus and Damian have discussed that possibility. So who says they don't call? If I was them, I would.

And I say take it.

Nurkić can be for us what Jakob is/was supposed to be. I can easily see him as an 18/10 guy in Pops system (Him and LA have similar per36min numbers!). I imagine him as a healthier better version of Tiago who is not as good defensivey yet, but is already a more complete offensive player. And Aminu will be that much needed 3 and D guy that can strech the floor for DeMar and improve our defense. Nurkić is also in a very friendly contract at 10mi a year. And with Gasol coming off the books, we will have an opportunity to sign a free agend next season while retaining Rudy Gay and our core. And if don't do so well this year, we could use another 18th draft pick! That and toronto's can be traded for an 11th to 15th draft pick in next's year strong draft. Either way, it's a win-win for us. We can still make the playoffs without LA, depending how well Nurcic, Aminu, Lonnie and White play for us.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-04-2018, 12:27 AM
If you want to tank the year then yes take the deal. Worst deal I've ever heard of tbh

Mr. Body
11-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Um, no.

james evans
11-04-2018, 12:35 AM
trade him to Pelicans since they are losing Davis anyway.

Chinook
11-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Their styles do mesh well, so Woj can get down there with Lowe and suck a dick.

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 12:37 AM
I would take Randle over him, dude showed in training camp out of shape 3 out the 4 seasons he is been with us.

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 12:38 AM

With those two we will never be contenders.

SpurPadre
11-04-2018, 12:38 AM
Seeing some of these threads tonight and you'd think we lost by 55 points tonight. We're 6-2, fucking relax, tbh.

Chinook
11-04-2018, 12:39 AM
With those two we will never be contenders.

Don't give a shit. Still better than all of those teams calling.

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 12:39 AM

You were wrong about DeMar, but correct about Tiago. A healthy Tiago is a better fit than LA.

Chinook
11-04-2018, 12:40 AM
You were wrong about DeMar, but correct about Tiago. A healthy Tiago is a better fit than LA.

I'd rather be wrong on some shit than ... than whatever you seem to be on everything.

rasuo214
11-04-2018, 12:41 AM
LMA and Patty for Butler, Teague and Dieng.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yan65x87

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 12:42 AM
Don't give a shit. Still better than all of those teams calling.

We I do :)

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 12:45 AM
I'd rather be wrong on some shit than ... than whatever you seem to be on everything.

Hey, I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Just that I agree with your original view on LaMarcus. Yes, he can ball but in today's game he is overpaid and his game is outdated. I can guarrantee you that he will be worse and worse in each and every year from now on.

TimDunkem
11-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Hey, I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Just that I agree with your original view on LaMarcus. Yes, he can ball but in today's game he is overpaid and his game is outdated. I can guarrantee you that he will be worse and worse in each and every year from now on.

Sure, but you don't take THAT deal. Stop wanting to settle on garbage. We've had to settle enough with the Kawhi trade, Mill/Gasol fiasco, and awful draft picks lately.

CitizenDwayne
11-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Nah

daslicer
11-04-2018, 12:58 AM
OP is an LMA hater. Stupid post when you mention how LMA and Derozan don't mesh well. They actually mesh pretty well since LMA is shooting almost exactly the same amount FG attempts that he shot last year. The only thing that has changed is teams are double teaming him and he's missing more jump shots than last year. I can't see LMA being unhappy playing with Demar since he's getting his touches.

BatManu20
11-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Watching the blazers get their shit pushed in tonight by the Lakers only reminded how awful of a defender Nurkic is. Dude is LAZY and a traffic cone out there. Horrible help-defender too. No thank you.

FkLA
11-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Is OP a retard?

alpha_HaZE
11-04-2018, 01:57 AM
Sure, but you don't take THAT deal. Stop wanting to settle on garbage. We've had to settle enough with the Kawhi trade, Mill/Gasol fiasco, and awful draft picks lately.

Spurs are known to develop players, that's what they do really well. I would be thrilled if they get their hands at a talent like Nurkic especially at 10mi a year. Remember Nurkic is much younger, on his way to his prime and already has similar per36 minutes numbers to LA. The game today is dominated by wings, not centers. Especially the type that can't create for others or themselves and/or defend multiple positions. Replacing LA with Nurkic is not going to be much of a drop off and would allow us to add another top level player next summer.

Dhbsr555
11-04-2018, 02:00 AM
I would trade Aldridge If we traded him to Cleveland for two future first that’s easy two lottos

venitian navigator
11-04-2018, 02:01 AM
Spurs are known to develop players, that's what they do really well. I would be thrilled if they get their hands at a talent like Nurkic especially at 10mi a year. Remember Nurkic is much younger, on his way to his prime and already has similar per36 minutes numbers to LA. The game today is dominated by wings, not centers. Especially the type that can't create for others or themselves and/or defend multiple positions. Replacing LA with Nurkic is not going to be much of a drop off and would allow us to add another top level player next summer.

i think you're totally underestimating LMA defensive game... that is the main Nurkic flaw.

RC_Drunkford
11-04-2018, 06:29 AM

Blake Griffin
$31,873,932

Paul Millsap
$29,230,769
Nikola Jokic
$25,467,250
Anthony Davis
$25,434,263

Andre Drummond
$25,434,262
Hassan Whiteside
$24,434,262
Steven Adams
$24,157,304

Marc Gasol
$24,119,025
DeAndre Jordan
$22,897,200

Rudy Gobert
$22,741,573
LaMarcus Aldridge
$22,347,015

just to show you how retarded your take is. And you're not even considering the fact that LaMarcus is the one who took over Duncan's role as the main rim protector. Our defense turns to a lay up line without him. He is up there with Gobert when it comes to rim protection, even stat wise. Should be NBA All-Defensive every year tbh. Besides that him and DeRozan mesh very well and he's a match up nightmare for opponents. No way I'd trade him unless I get AD back or can get Porzingis

r0drig0lac
11-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Nurkic? really op?

Chillen
11-04-2018, 07:56 AM
I don't think Spurs will ever trade DeMar.

If I was Spurs I would not trade Aldridge period unless Pelicans want to give you Anthony Davis for Aldridge.

Spurs are 6-2 with massive injurys (Lonnie and Dejonte). They are playing really well and stepping it up.

They just need to find a trade to make up for the loss of Lonnie and Dejonte without giving up key players in the rotation.

stu scotts eye
11-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Blake Griffin
$31,873,932

Paul Millsap
$29,230,769
Nikola Jokic
$25,467,250
Anthony Davis
$25,434,263

Andre Drummond
$25,434,262
Hassan Whiteside
$24,434,262
Steven Adams
$24,157,304

Marc Gasol
$24,119,025
DeAndre Jordan
$22,897,200

Rudy Gobert
$22,741,573
LaMarcus Aldridge
$22,347,015

just to show you how retarded your take is. And you're not even considering the fact that LaMarcus is the one who took over Duncan's role as the main rim protector. Our defense turns to a lay up line without him. He is up there with Gobert when it comes to rim protection, even stat wise. Should be NBA All-Defensive every year tbh. Besides that him and DeRozan mesh very well and he's a match up nightmare for opponents. No way I'd trade him unless I get AD back or can get Porzingis

Sometimes you gotta sh1t on sh1tty posters with facts. Most of the time we are too lazy to prove them wrong. Thx

dbestpro
11-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Today's game will not be the game that the NBA will have for ever, and ever. A combo of LMA and DDR might be the combo that changes that. It is a far better strategy then trying to out Warrior the Warriors. In truth, the Spurs are one dynamic player away from competing for it all. I really like what Pop is doing in getting everyone involved like he did with the beautiful game, and I usually am a Pop critic.

baseline bum
11-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Portland doesn't have anything to offer other than Lillard that I'd want on the Spurs for our best player. No one on the roster should be untradeable but I find it hard to see a realistic trade involving Aldridge that improves the Spurs.

Mirrornick
11-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Bait thread. Not falling for it. Really dd and la not meshing? Your pre narrative sucks . Almost feels like you don't watch games .

K...
11-04-2018, 09:04 AM
The only way this rumor by Woj makes sense, is that teams saw the kawhi trade and said "jeez these spurs are easy to manipulate, lets trade a lesser player, and some filler for their other best player, doe he have an uncle we could pay off?"

LMA has such a weird trade value. He's older, you have to run your offense through him, he won't succeed at a tanking team, I can;t see anyone saying "lets make a playoffs push by trading for this moody guy and totally changing our offense" He's worse than most other stars in value and the good prospects we'd get are not much better than white and walker coming back.

Mr. Body
11-04-2018, 09:06 AM
The only way this rumor by Woj makes sense, is that teams saw the kawhi trade and said "jeez these spurs are easy to manipulate, lets trade a lesser player, and some filler for their other best player, doe he have an uncle we could pay off?"

LMA has such a weird trade value. He's older, you have to run your offense through him, he won't succeed at a tanking team, I can;t see anyone saying "lets make a playoffs push by trading for this moody guy and totally changing our offense" He's worse than most other stars in value and the good prospects we'd get are not much better than white and walker coming back.

Yeah, exactly. Woj has such a high reputation, otherwise I'd just regard this as basketball pundit nonsense.

Fusternino
11-04-2018, 09:11 AM
This trade is terrible and I'm someone people griefed on for wanting to trade Kawhi for Harris/Harrell and both the Clippers' lottery picks.

Brunodf
11-04-2018, 09:16 AM
This team needs a PG and a C, Portland have nothing for the Spurs

Chinook
11-04-2018, 09:29 AM
I don't get how people saw the DeRozan trade and then went "The Spurs are obviously looking to dump their guys to rebuild." Best I could think is a team with a highly paid big who is limited in other ways (Ryan Anderson? Paul Millsap? Anyone on the Hornets?) thought they could do a one-for-one swap. Or maybe a team like the Magic though they could pawn on Vuc and change to get Aldridge.

SpursDynasty85
11-04-2018, 11:19 AM
I like Nurkic. Good player on a great contract but that is not the trade you ask for. If you want to throw the season away then yes plus a first rounder. Second, Aldridge and DeRozan are great. Both are good at picks n rolls games. Aldridge is just in a shooting funk and is missing shots he normally makes. He is still very important to our team.

I do think he is set for a raise if I'm not mistaken making around $28/M a yr?

Edit: he makes around $25/yr after this year.

james evans
11-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Watching the blazers get their shit pushed in tonight by the Lakers only reminded how awful of a defender Nurkic is. Dude is LAZY and a traffic cone out there. Horrible help-defender too. No thank you.
well he'd fit in perfect with us ;)

Arcadian
11-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Fuck no. Aldridge is the backbone of this team.

Blackhaus
11-04-2018, 01:47 PM
That return is horrible from Portland. They would have to throw in Collins and one of their young guards buried on the bench. Aminu is straight trash

Spurs fever
11-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Watching the blazers get their shit pushed in tonight by the Lakers only reminded how awful of a defender Nurkic is. Dude is LAZY and a traffic cone out there. Horrible help-defender too. No thank you. I watched that game too. It amazes me how so many teams in the league play with no discipline. Lillard was delivering brick after brick after brick.

offset formation
11-04-2018, 02:02 PM
If you want to tank the year then yes take the deal. Worst deal I've ever heard of tbh

offset formation
11-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Fuck no. Aldridge is the backbone of this team.

sasaint
11-04-2018, 02:43 PM
I would like to unload LMA for value in return - NOT Blazer trash.

TDomination
11-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Im guessing many are still not high on LMA. I like Aldridge and think that he and derozan make a really good tandem. Unless we get insane return, i wouldn't trade him.

timvp
11-04-2018, 03:22 PM
DeRozan and Aldridge fit great together. Only people who don't (or didn't) think they fit are those fans who got mesmerized by the Warriors and think the only way to be an elite offense in today's NBA is to shoot 40 three-pointers a game, tbh.

Hoops Czar
11-04-2018, 03:34 PM
I'd definitely consider it if they threw in Lillard.

Mirrornick
11-04-2018, 03:57 PM
LMA had his best game yet this season 22/10/6 vs a DPOY type of player Anthony Davis. But ya let's trade him lol

If ANthony Davis requested a trade from New Orleans. I would offer LMA, but no way they take a 33 year old at this point.

kaji157
11-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Why would you trade one of your best two way players?
Unless you are tanking or getting a better player it makes no sense.

Mirrornick
11-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Why would you trade one of your best two way players?
Unless you are tanking or getting a better player it makes no sense.

Even then, sometimes a better player might actually be a worse fit and bad for team chemistry. Don't fix if it ain't broke.

And don't expect to win a title. That goes for 29 other teams tbh

kaji157
11-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Even then, sometimes a better player might actually be a worse fit and bad for team chemistry. Don't fix if it ain't broke.

And don't expect to win a title. That goes for 29 other teams tbh

Clearly not right now, but you never know, GS was really lucky during their first championship, that can happen to any team.
It's clear that right now the Spurs are not equipped to win it all, but if White and/or Walker are able to produce at Forbes level scoring wise and can add something defensively we might get near what we need. And then luck may come into play.

Mirrornick
11-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Clearly not right now, but you never know, GS was really lucky during their first championship, that can happen to any team.
It's clear that right now the Spurs are not equipped to win it all, but if White and/or Walker are able to produce at Forbes level scoring wise and can add something defensively we might get near what we need. And then luck may come into play.

Upsets do happen , but these Warriors are clearly better than anyone. They have an all star team as their team. They are stacked from 1-5 positions. We are fooling ourselves if we think there's any small chance this year.

paperboy77
11-04-2018, 05:17 PM

+1

and... If you get rid of Aldridge then the double-teams switch over to DD then that's a wrap. At some point Teams may start double teaming DD which should unleash LA if he's smart. Leave the team the way it is.

DPG21920
11-06-2018, 07:15 PM
LOL Woj has been kind of the no respect for the Spurs guy for a while now it seems. It’s low key, but it’s there. This would be like saying SA is calling POR since Lillard and Dame don’t fit well.

SA is a better team than POR so if LMA/DeRozan don’t fit, then what does that say about Dame/CJ?

DPG21920
11-06-2018, 07:17 PM
The Spurs have up until the trade deadline to see whats up anyways. They made the DeRozan trade very specifically because they wanted to win now and nothing has changed that mentality.

If they really suck going into ASB then maybe they can field calls but teams will have to offer something up as both LMA and DeRozan have LEGIT value and this is not a Kawhi situation.

SpursDynasty85
11-06-2018, 08:17 PM
LOL Woj has been kind of the no respect for the Spurs guy for a while now it seems. It’s low key, but it’s there. This would be like saying SA is calling POR since Lillard and Dame don’t fit well.

SA is a better team than POR so if LMA/DeRozan don’t fit, then what does that say about Dame/CJ?

Portland has a better record and killed us this season. Too soon to say SA is better than Portland.

DAF86
11-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Emmh, what?

spurs10
11-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Their styles do mesh well, so Woj can get down there with Lowe and suck a dick. Well...there is that. :smokin

DPG21920
11-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Emmh, what?

Spurs are missing guys who change the picture and yes, I believe we will see SA be better than POR

DAF86
11-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Spurs are missing guys who change the picture and yes, I believe we will see SA be better than POR

No, we won't. At least not this season. Not even close.

duncan2k5
11-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Today's game will not be the game that the NBA will have for ever, and ever. A combo of LMA and DDR might be the combo that changes that. It is a far better strategy then trying to out Warrior the Warriors. In truth, the Spurs are one dynamic player away from competing for it all. I really like what Pop is doing in getting everyone involved like he did with the beautiful game, and I usually am a Pop critic.

This narrative needs to die... We were passing the ball better in 2016...LMA was the only one unhappy because he wasn't the focus

kuato
11-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Anthony Davis

phxspurfan
11-08-2018, 12:04 AM
Woj planting shit now for BSPN to try and steal all the small market teams star players. Bet the next “rumor” he hears is that the Lakers want him

WallyTiger
11-08-2018, 04:23 AM
:lma:lma

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 01:12 AM
Blake Griffin
$31,873,932

Paul Millsap
$29,230,769
Nikola Jokic
$25,467,250
Anthony Davis
$25,434,263

Andre Drummond
$25,434,262
Hassan Whiteside
$24,434,262
Steven Adams
$24,157,304

Marc Gasol
$24,119,025
DeAndre Jordan
$22,897,200

Rudy Gobert
$22,741,573
LaMarcus Aldridge
$22,347,015

2/3 out of those players their team at best second round exit. And they are also better players. And LA is even worst than 2/3 of the players you mentioned. Why do you think he was selected last at All - Star game, no one wants to play with him. Kawhi had to run to Toronto to avoid him.

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 01:16 AM
Woj went into Lowe's podcast and said that teams around the NBA are calling the spurs to see if DeMar or LaMarcus are available, **since their styles don't mesh very well** as he said.

Say Portland calls and offers Nurkić and Al-Farouq Aminu? Would you say yes? I know Nurkić can't be traded until Jan 15th, but it's still possible to happen. The Blazers might think that they have a legit shot to compete with the Warriors if HOU is as bad as it looks and if they were to bring LaMarcus in and pair him with Damian and CJ. I mean they have desperately tried to bring someone in unsuccessfuly because who wants to live in Oregon, but we do know that LaMarcus and Damian have discussed that possibility. So who says they don't call? If I was them, I would.

And I say take it.

Nurkić can be for us what Jakob is/was supposed to be. I can easily see him as an 18/10 guy in Pops system (Him and LA have similar per36min numbers!). I imagine him as a healthier better version of Tiago who is not as good defensivey yet, but is already a more complete offensive player. And Aminu will be that much needed 3 and D guy that can strech the floor for DeMar and improve our defense. Nurkić is also in a very friendly contract at 10mi a year. And with Gasol coming off the books, we will have an opportunity to sign a free agend next season while retaining Rudy Gay and our core. And if don't do so well this year, we could use another 18th draft pick! That and toronto's can be traded for an 11th to 15th draft pick in next's year strong draft. Either way, it's a win-win for us. We can still make the playoffs without LA, depending how well Nurcic, Aminu, Lonnie and White play for us.

Nevermind, I don't think Portland would go for it.

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 01:16 AM
Nevermind, I don't think Portland would go for it.

Not the way LaMarcus is playing recently.

tb5
11-15-2018, 01:26 AM
LaMarcus was terrible tonight but it's not exactly like our guards were doing him a favor. We seem off since Derrick White rejoined the team...it's like we had to readjust to him after the groove we were in Forbes is garbage and doesn't really have a high ceiling. This road trip is brutal and we're out of sync at the moment.

Mirrornick
11-15-2018, 01:29 AM
LMA getting double digit rebounds at 33 could be a positive sign that he did not decline but is just mentally not there. Or it could just mean that the entire team sucks at rebounding.

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 01:29 AM

We are not good enough to get past round right now and yes at some point LaMarcus will get in shape, but we lack perimeter defense. There is nothing LA can do to fix that, so our offense will get better yes, but our defense will not. We could use some one like Aminou.

If you think about it, if we can use our cap space not having to pay LaMarcus and Pau, we can sign Gay and Aminu long term. I like what Gay brings to the team and Aminu could be the new Danny Green but a bit bigger and more athletic. And Nurkic is playing better than LaMarcus right now and is younger and does not need the ball to score and is a more willing passer. And if that's not enought, we will have cap space to sing a free agent next summer. Maybe bring back Danny Green to mentor kids and play off the bench at the two. A huge improvement over Patty and Bryn, and let's be honest, Danny was the one that had to take a step back to let LaMarcus do his thing. He was the one player that his game suffered sinse LaMarcus joined the spurs. And if not Danny Green, then Maybe some one better. Ok, KD will never sing with us, but there are others. And we will have Lonnie is his second year and Dejounte back.

If we trade LaMarcus, next season we can be contenders.

tb5
11-15-2018, 01:41 AM
LaMarcus seemed to flourish last year when he was the focal point of the offense. That hasn't been quite the case this year with the offense not fully going through him. Hopefully he bounces back tomorrow night as the Spurs didn't shoot well tonight - but 6 points is garbage for 22 mil.

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 01:50 AM
LMA getting double digit rebounds at 33 could be a positive sign that he did not decline but is just mentally not there. Or it could just mean that the entire team sucks at rebounding.

Rudy is very important for us this year, I believe we lost all (or most) of the games he did not play. He has been huge rebounding the ball for us this year. We miss him and of course we miss Dejounte in that regard. Let's Lonnie can play solid minutes, because Davis and Belli suck at rebounding.

LA is solid for us deffensively, and is one of our better defenders, but as we wintess this season; you can't be a good defensive team when LaMarcus is one of your better defenders. And offensively he plain sucks.

And even hmm, Nurkic, is a better players than him this year.

.6 Defensive Win Shares versus .5 DWS, and a much higher True Shooting Percentage, almost 10 points, and even better Total Rebound Percentage 21% to 15% !!!! Also, he has more steals and approximatelly the same assists.

RkPlayerSeasonAgeGMPPERTS%3PArFTrORB%DRB%TRB%AST%S TL%BLK%TOV%USG%OWSDWSWSWS/48OBPMDBPMBPMVORP
1LaMarcus Aldridge2018-19331242517.6.491.025.30410.721.315.812.20.52.99.4 26.20.20.50.8.086-2.30.7-1.60.0
2Jusuf Nurkic2018-19241332424.6.583.102.36717.124.421.012.21.23.114. 926.10.80.61.5.2202.62.65.20.6

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com (https://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool): View Original Table (https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Jusuf+Nurkic&player_id1_select=Jusuf+Nurkic&y1=2019&player_id1=nurkiju01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id2_select=LaMarcus+Aldridge&y2=2019&player_id2=aldrila01&idx=players&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#stats-advanced)
Generated 11/14/2018.

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 01:56 AM
LaMarcus seemed to flourish last year when he was the focal point of the offense. That hasn't been quite the case this year with the offense not fully going through him. Hopefully he bounces back tomorrow night as the Spurs didn't shoot well tonight - but 6 points is garbage for 22 mil.

Yes it doesn't look good when Nurkic is putting 15+ in both points and rebounding recently!

Also, last year LaMarcus was in shapte. That's the main reason he missed shots that he usually makes. But man, that shows lack of commitment. And that's the main reason, I want him out of here.

Mirrornick
11-15-2018, 01:59 AM
Rudy is very important for us this year, I believe we lost all (or most) of the games he did not play. He has been huge rebounding the ball for us this year. We miss him and of course we miss Dejounte in that regard. Let's Lonnie can play solid minutes, because Davis and Belli suck at rebounding.

LA is solid for us deffensively, and is one of our better defenders, but as we wintess this season; you can't be a good defensive team when LaMarcus is one of your better defenders. And offensively he plain sucks.

And even hmm, Nurkic, is a better players than him this year.

.6 Defensive Win Shares versus .5 DWS, and a much higher True Shooting Percentage, almost 10 points, and even better Total Rebound Percentage 21% to 15% !!!! Also, he has more steals and approximatelly the same assists.

Rk
Player
Season
MP
PER
TS%
3PAr
FTr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%

OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

OBPM
DBPM
BPM
VORP

LaMarcus Aldridge
2018-19

Jusuf Nurkic
2018-19

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com (https://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool): View Original Table (https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Jusuf+Nurkic&player_id1_select=Jusuf+Nurkic&y1=2019&player_id1=nurkiju01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id2_select=LaMarcus+Aldridge&y2=2019&player_id2=aldrila01&idx=players&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#stats-advanced)
Generated 11/14/2018.

Jusuf Nurkic is a very good 4th option. His stats wouldn't look so good if he was 1A 1B on offense.

alpha_HaZE
11-15-2018, 02:01 AM

Kyle was solid for us last year and the main reason we had the defense we had. Him and Dejounte. Speaking of Dejounte, that's another solid draft pick for us, same goes for Derrick White and especially for Lonnie White, he might be the best young player we have. I can easily see him being that type of defender, and even better than those two and can also make the three point shot.

You are delousinal if you think our draft picks are awful.

Killakobe81
11-15-2018, 04:31 AM
This trade is terrible and I'm someone people griefed on for wanting to trade Kawhi for Harris/Harrell and both the Clippers' lottery picks.

Much better deal in hind sight, lol

Fusternino
11-15-2018, 10:30 AM
Much better deal in hind sight, lol

Which, the Toronto trade we made or my hypothetical one?

CGD
11-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Meh, LMA has traditionally been a slow starter. I like the fit with Derozan actually.

As a thought experiment though, if shit hits the fan this trade deadline or offseason, wonder if Cleveland would swap Love and picks for LMA. I doubt they really want to pay Love 4 more years after this one. I’d be less interest in Love than the possible picks.

alpha_HaZE
01-02-2019, 10:20 PM

Tim Drunken is a better name for you pal. Nurkic is not garbage. He is far from garbage.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jusuf-nurkic-just-did-something-150040187.html

TimDunkem
01-02-2019, 11:51 PM
Tim Drunken is a better name for you pal. Nurkic is not garbage. He is far from garbage.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jusuf-nurkic-just-did-something-150040187.html

It's not really so much that I think he's garbage rather than it being a lateral move.

alpha_HaZE
01-03-2019, 02:55 AM
It's not really so much that I think he's garbage rather than it being a lateral move.

How is it a lateral move at 11mi per year versus 22mi that we pay LA?