PDA

View Full Version : Blossomgame scored 31 last night; Washburn, Eubanks, and Brimah also all get 20+

Fusternino
11-04-2018, 08:32 PM
https://gleague.nba.com/games/20181103/TEXAUS/

Next two way contract? Ledbetter had an awful game, BTW.

JeffDuncan
11-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Bring them all up!

TheGreatYacht
11-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Ledbetter shot 4-15, 1-12 from three, and had 7 turnovers. He played 32 minutes.

Was Pop spotted in Austin?

BackHome
11-04-2018, 09:32 PM
G League guys Eubanks had a nice game 22 pts also if you look at stats they list Blossom as a PF

Immortal Spur
11-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Ledbetter shot 4-15, 1-12 from three, and had 7 turnovers. He played 32 minutes.

Was Pop spotted in Austin?
lol

yo jeff we got some spurs staff watching you tonight. stay loose

TheGreatYacht
11-04-2018, 09:36 PM
lol

yo jeff we got some spurs staff watching you tonight. stay loose
:lol PATFO have never seen a scrub named Jeff they didn't like

r0drig0lac
11-05-2018, 09:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRts_3a2ns

exstatic
11-05-2018, 10:54 AM
https://gleague.nba.com/games/20181103/TEXAUS/

Next two way contract? Ledbetter had an awful game, BTW.

I don't think so. He was last year, and they've had ample time to extend the offer to him this year, and have not. My money is on Huestis when his foot heals. Not a fan, but PATFO must see something in him. To this point, he's been literally a negative on offense. If they can get him just to be neutral or slightly positive, his defense can keep him on the floor.

John B
11-05-2018, 11:05 AM
I don't think so. He was last year, and they've had ample time to extend the offer to him this year, and have not. My money is on Huestis when his foot heals. Not a fan, but PATFO must see something in him. To this point, he's been literally a negative on offense. If they can get him just to be neutral or slightly positive, his defense can keep him on the floor.
Spurs awfully need his defense. I can’t believe we couldn’t stop Fournier, DJ and Jrue from doing what they want.

exstatic
11-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Spurs awfully need his defense. I can’t believe we couldn’t stop Fournier, DJ and Jrue from doing what they want.

Fournier was a first round pick, and Jrue is a former all star. With the rules in place this year, they'll get theirs. I just wanted to tackle Ross. He's the one that killed us with 3s.

I don't think you can hang your hat on some g-leaguer coming up and locking down scorers in the NBA. If you're looking in that direction, Huestis is a better bet, although offensively challenged. We're 6-3, and have been injury bit. When our young guards come back, and Huestis heals, we'll know more what we have. No need to make a panic move, and waste that second two-way.

slick'81
11-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Huestis has flat out sucked but at 6'7 spurs could use his length

exstatic
11-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Huestis has flat out sucked but at 6'7 spurs could use his length

He's actually a pretty good defender, but his offense is horrible. If the Spurs can do anything with him on that end, he could stay on the floor.

Truth4sale$
11-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Go back and look at the stats on Julian Washburn, he was 3-4 on 3pts. Is known as a versatile lockdown defender. Basically, Huestis with more of a offensive game.

Truth4sale$
11-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Go back and look at the stats on Julian Washburn, he was 3-4 on 3pts. Is known as a versatile lockdown defender. Basically, Huestis with more of a offensive game.

Portsmouth Invitational Measurable's
6'6.5 without shoes, 205 pounds, 6'11.5 wingspan

exstatic
11-05-2018, 09:03 PM

Portsmouth Invitational Measurable's
6'6.5 without shoes, 205 pounds, 6'11.5 wingspan
Lockdown rep in the NCAA or g-league means shit in the NBA. You want to know the quality of the g-league? Kyle Anderson was like a 20/8/5 guy there.

Truth4sale$
11-05-2018, 11:27 PM
I think being considered a great defender at any level means you are committed and have the basic skills and commitment level to work hard and improve. Maybe they wont translate to All defensive team but with the right coaching and system and effort by the player, someone, maybe even Washburn or Blossomgame could be a valid role player on a championship roster. Spurs have always had guys with less talent(journeymen) but worked hard to continue to improve, that came from lower leagues. Whether it was Danny Green, Bruce Bowen, or currently Dante Cunningham.
As for Kyle Anderson, he showed he can play in the gleague and ironically he showed he can play in the big league when given consistent playing time. He earned himself a nice raise. So, I think the gleague is a fair indicator of talent.

manning20
11-06-2018, 04:06 AM
better than pondexter.... hey pop sign in this guy

exstatic
11-06-2018, 07:46 AM
I think being considered a great defender at any level means you are committed and have the basic skills and commitment level to work hard and improve. Maybe they wont translate to All defensive team but with the right coaching and system and effort by the player, someone, maybe even Washburn or Blossomgame could be a valid role player on a championship roster. Spurs have always had guys with less talent(journeymen) but worked hard to continue to improve, that came from lower leagues. Whether it was Danny Green, Bruce Bowen, or currently Dante Cunningham.
As for Kyle Anderson, he showed he can play in the gleague and ironically he showed he can play in the big league when given consistent playing time. He earned himself a nice raise. So, I think the gleague is a fair indicator of talent.
Green, Bowen, and Cunningham all had NBA experience before making the roster. Bowen had already been 2nd team All D in Miami.

Anderson is an offensive stiff at the NBA level that Memphis thought they could ignite. They were wrong. Stiffs get paid surprisingly regularly in the NBA. Thats why GMs lose their jobs.