PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: LeBron the worst GM in the league?

11-04-2018, 11:18 PM
It should probably add to his legacy that he's won so much in spite of himself

Ginobilly
11-04-2018, 11:25 PM
Countdown to lethanos trading away 3/4 of the team:lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2018, 11:34 PM
They're actually better off with LeBron making his GM moves, they should have traded their "prospects" for star veterans immediately..LeBron doesn't give a shit anymore, he won't even make his usual trades:lol

Drafting Russell, Ingram and Ball in the top 3 in such a short span has to be one of the worst draft stretches in recent history..

DAF86
11-04-2018, 11:37 PM
This is all Magic.

"You don't beat the Warriors with shooters, you beat them with playmaker." :lol

:lol Killakobe81 hyping Magic's job as GM. :lol

Spurtacular
11-04-2018, 11:39 PM
I dunno. Lebron has a pretty shitty assistant GM in Earvin Johnson. He should have Kawhi; but role players like Kuzma and Ingram were apparently too much to give up for the best player in the world. :lmao

Hoops Czar
11-04-2018, 11:42 PM
They're actually better off with LeBron making his GM moves, they should have traded their "prospects" for star veterans immediately..LeBron doesn't give a shit anymore, he won't even make his usual trades:lol

Drafting Russell, Ingram and Ball in the top 3 in such a short span has to be one of the worst draft stretches in recent history..

His legacy will be forever tarnished if the lakers miss the playoffs. It will prove the pundits correct that all these years of Lebron making the finals had to do with a very weak conference rather than pure greatness.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2018, 12:33 AM
Why do people still think LeBron gives a shit about winning or losing? If that were the case, he'd be a Sixer right now, not a Laker.

This mess of a roster is all on Magic, period. He is an atrocious GM.

DJR210
11-05-2018, 02:27 AM
"Watch my young king fly" :lol kissing his ass

Trade him he probably already hates you..

Broly
11-05-2018, 02:36 AM
That would be long overdue tbh. Ingram just looks like there is no one upstairs.

Othyus Lalanne
11-05-2018, 05:40 AM

The Lakers should risk it and trade his four years for Kawhi hoping for an extension.

His legacy will be forever tarnished if the lakers miss the playoffs. It will prove the pundits correct that all these years of Lebron making the finals had to do with a very weak conference rather than pure greatness.

They still have pundits like that? Sports media loves this fake douchebag.

phxspurfan
11-05-2018, 04:33 PM

:lol you mean there's doubt that every year playing the Bucks/Wizz/barely scraping by the post fallout Pistons and getting shit on by the Celtics cast doubt on the "GOAT"'s legacy? :lol

RsxPiimp
11-05-2018, 05:08 PM

and when he’s done...he comin for you now who

https://media1.tenor.com/images/199ec2687ab54917ea70329d64a356d8/tenor.gif?itemid=12122769

Kyle_Kuzma
11-06-2018, 08:57 AM
and when he’s done...he comin for you now who

https://media1.tenor.com/images/199ec2687ab54917ea70329d64a356d8/tenor.gif?itemid=12122769
:lol derozan .... probably one of the ugliest dude in the league

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2018, 09:38 AM
:lol hw could have had kawhi

baseline bum
11-06-2018, 11:08 AM

Ingram :lol

This was supposed to be his breakout year and the nigga still sitting at an 11.3 PER this year. Even scrub ass Bryn Forbes has a higher efficiency rating. He's 6'9" and averages 3.8 rebounds. :lol

RsxPiimp
11-06-2018, 11:14 AM

This was supposed to be his breakout year and the nigga still sitting at an 11.3 PER this year. Even scrub ass Bryn Forbes has a higher efficiency rating. He's 6'9" and averages 3.8 rebounds. :lol

disappointed with ingram tbh. even ball has shown better progress and that’s not saying much.

Laker_1995
11-06-2018, 11:37 AM

cant even deny this fam Ingram has been absolutely horse shit. Dude looks pathetic this year. Extremely disappointed

Will Hunting
11-06-2018, 11:42 AM

The years Russell and Ingram were drafted were two of the worst draft classes we’ve seen. Lonzo was a shitty pick though, a point guard who can’t shoot doesn’t work in today’s NBA.

Kyle_Kuzma
11-06-2018, 12:23 PM
disappointed with ingram tbh. even ball has shown better progress and that’s not saying much.
i own both of them fools

and people thought the kuz is the problem? :lol

ambchang

Tbh I thought Ingram is legit but seems like I’m wrong. I thought he’d beast off of Lebron as the cutter or running the floor.
That said, he’s adapting to a whole new system so he’s playing worse than he really is. I think his ceiling can still be a fringe all star.

Kyle_Kuzma
The years Russell and Ingram were drafted were two of the worst draft classes we’ve seen. Lonzo was a shitty pick though, a point guard who can’t shoot doesn’t work in today’s NBA.
ball can shoot.

Kyle_Kuzma
11-06-2018, 12:24 PM
I thought he’d beast off of Lebron as the cutter or running the floor
<--------- :smokin

DMC
11-06-2018, 01:14 PM
This is all Magic.

Ex players, especially great ones, have such huge egos that they cannot fathom evolution of the game beyond what they did. They think they were the best there will ever be, so they all want to reverse engineer their glory days and apply that to an evolved league. This is why they fail and why lesser known players like Kerr can have success. Admitting that your way wasn't the be-all, end-all in the NBA is the 1st step. It's a 1st step the great players-turned-coaches seem reluctant to take and one that great coaches let go of eons ago.

The movie "Moneyball" was a great analogy for the NBA. It could easily apply to GMs like Magic.

DMC
11-06-2018, 01:16 PM
ball can shoot.

So can Jimmer Fredette. I'd rather have Jimmer than Lonzo Ball.

spurraider21
11-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Why do people still think LeBron gives a shit about winning or losing? If that were the case, he'd be a Sixer right now, not a Laker.

ah, looks like i'm late. but anyway here it is.

in preparation of LeBron's Zipper Nation's inevitable appearance:

LeGOAT > Riley as a GM. Real talk.

LeBron > Morey at GM-ing :worthy:

Boiled down:::LeGM built a championship team that would have repeated if not for the Kyrie/Love injuries. When Kobe tried to play GM, he ran off Shaq and Phil and missed the playoffs in his prime. The conclusion: the Lakers wouldn't be light so many rings if LeBron was their GM. :downspin:

The "LeGM" narrative is a very convenient excuse for that turd Gilbert to hide behind. I wouldn't be surprised if most stories about LeBron demanding things are just bullshit that Gilbert is making up to cover his ass. He probably knows as well as anyone else that LeBron haters are gullible. They'll believe literally anything as long as it's anti-LeBron.

CN when LeGM narrative fits:

http://i.imgur.com/vDxJOf6.gif

CN when LeGM gets criticism:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Dvw2lJqlTuJmo/giphy.gif

AaronY
11-06-2018, 04:40 PM
This is all Magic.

:lol Killakobe81 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=10786) hyping Magic's job as GM. :lol
Pretty much lol. Rondo is like same crappy bricklaying type of point guard as Ball. Got the only two point guards in todays NBA left who can do everything but shoot to play off the ball with lebron lmao

AaronY
11-06-2018, 04:42 PM
What if you sign Rondo tho..and have two point guards who cant shoot? Would that work

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 08:43 AM
This is all Magic.

what? Frist genius, Magic is not the GM , Rob is ...so if you gonna troll do it correctly.

I said Maginka has done fine and he has.
He flipped Russell for Lopez and Kuzma
Mcgee was a good signing, Rondo too
Beasley been trash as has been KCP
but KCP was a favor to Rich Paul that got us Lebron

As far as the guys we drafted tough to play with Bron they all showed promise ... now they have immense pressure.
Still dont think trading our guys immediately was the right move ... none of those guys would help us beat state and I woudl rather hold on to the guys figure out who we wanna keep and hold on to our pick.
Heck we are one Lebron injury away from lottery (we are in right now but wont stay there)

Diffrence from me and yall you guys care about James legacy etc. and are already making excuses for him ... (coach/players/) it's never his fault.
IF Lebron misses the playoffs I will be disappointed in this year but happy for a chance to add another young propspect ///you can say they have failed Harlem but outside of Randle who we stupidly let walk for nada to pacify his dumb agent, I still support all the moves so far outside of beasley, KCP and drafting Lonzo over Tatum and teh aformentioned Randle.

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 08:44 AM
:lol hw could have had kawhi

No he could not ... your boy POP was not letting it happen.

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 08:47 AM

he is not the GM ...
And how is teh whole roster/team on him when he did not draft Ingram or hire Luke?
How about you buy a clue ...enjoy the fugazi squad you have I so hope Clips get the 8th spot in a draft that is going to be really good.
That would be so Clippers ...

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Tbh I thought Ingram is legit but seems like I’m wrong. I thought he’d beast off of Lebron as the cutter or running the floor.
That said, he’s adapting to a whole new system so he’s playing worse than he really is. I think his ceiling can still be a fringe all star.

he can cut but problem is Ingram's best moments have all come with him as the primary ball handler which will not be the best for a LeBron led team.
It's still early and he still has fringe all-star potential ... yall niccas need to stop knee-jerking.

He needs to work on catch and shoot jumpers. Religously.
This team will not take off until Ingram becomes reliable without a dribble ...or bench him so he can playmake with 2nd unit.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2018, 12:18 PM
No he could not ... your boy POP was not letting it happen.

bullshit the offer was there your team didn't take it

11-07-2018, 12:26 PM
what? Frist genius, Magic is not the GM , Rob is ...so if you gonna troll do it correctly.

As far as the guys we drafted tough to play with Bron they all showed promise ... now they have immense pressure.
Still dont think trading our guys immediately was the right move ... none of those guys would help us beat state and I woudl rather hold on to the guys figure out who we wanna keep and hold on to our pick.
Heck we are one Lebron injury away from lottery (we are in right now but wont stay there)

Diffrence from me and yall you guys care about James legacy etc. and are already making excuses for him ... (coach/players/) it's never his fault.
IF Lebron misses the playoffs I will be disappointed in this year but happy for a chance to add another young propspect ///you can say they have failed Harlem but outside of Randle who we stupidly let walk for nada to pacify his dumb agent, I still support all the moves so far outside of beasley, KCP and drafting Lonzo over Tatum and teh aformentioned Randle.
"I still support all the moves, except for half of the moves"

:lol

DAF86
11-07-2018, 01:35 PM

You are lucky I'm too lazy to search for all your homery, laughable takes on Magic' job during the offseason, tbh. :lol

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:14 PM
You are lucky I'm too lazy to search for all your homery, laughable takes on Magic' job during the offseason, tbh. :lol

feel free.
You have all week.
Please show me all the homery takes ...

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:16 PM
bullshit the offer was there your team didn't take it

It's not an offer when you want two of our starters and at least two first rounders. No one would accept that deal on an expiring contract. You can lie all you want. WOj shams etc all reported that Spurs did NORT want to deal him to the west and especially the Lakers.

DAF86
11-07-2018, 03:17 PM
feel free.
You have all week.
Please show me all the homery takes ...

Yeah no, I have better things to do. :lol But you know which ones, heck some of them you even repeated it here, although in a calmer way. The funny thing about the takes from the offseason is the cockyness which with they were delivered after signing Lebron. :lol

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Yeah no, I have better things to do. :lol But you know which ones, heck some of them you even repeated it here, although in a calmer way. The funny thing about the takes from the offseason is the cockyness which with they were delivered after signing Lebron. :lol

I made it easy for you, I quoted them in the Lethanos thread ...
I feel exactly the same ...

DAF86
11-07-2018, 03:29 PM
I made it easy for you, I quoted them in the Lethanos thread ...
I feel exactly the same ...

Nah, it was on a thread in the Spurs forum. You were bragging about how Magic has been doing a better GM job than PATFO the last couple of years, and me and DPG21920 were calling you out on your homerism.

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Nah, it was on a thread in the Spurs forum. You were bragging about how Magic has been doing a better GM job than PATFO the last couple of years, and me and DPG21920 were calling you out on your homerism.

what? Oh please share ...would love to see that ...

DAF86
11-07-2018, 03:41 PM
what? Oh please share ...would love to see that ...

I won't be able to find it even if I tried. Don't have a single clue in which thread it was.

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:45 PM
I won't be able to find it even if I tried. Don't have a single clue in which thread it was.

I do remember clowning the Pau and Mills extensions ... so what?!
but outside of signing Lebron and flipping Russell and Nance for picks not sure what I would praise Magic for ...
Maginka deserves credit for getting us teh cap space and purging the roster ...and crap for Beasley, randle and Taking Zo over Tatum
I support the other moves 100%

DAF86
11-07-2018, 03:48 PM
I do remember clowning the Pau and Mills extensions ... so what?!
but outside of signing Lebron and flipping Russell and Nance for picks not sure what I would praise Magic for ...
Maginka deserves credit for getting us teh cap space and purging the roster ...and crap for Beasley, randle and Taking Zo over Tatum
I support the other moves 100%

You said something along the lines of loving the moves Magic was making by signing all these playmaking guys. :lol

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:50 PM
You said something along the lines of loving the moves Magic was making by signing all these playmaking guys. :lol

Prove it or it did not happen ... I did not even like Rondo all taht much but did see him play well vs Blazers last year ... and I openly questioned Beasley and Lance.
I think you have me confused but whatever would love to see these homer posts does not sound like me at all.

DAF86
11-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Prove it or it did not happen ... I did not even like Rondo all taht much but did see him play well vs Blazers last year ... and I openly questioned Beasley and Lance.
I think you have me confused but whatever would love to see these homer posts does not sound like me at all.

100% sure it was you because then you went on with that take about getting rid of Russell and the Mozgov contract. Hopefully DPG21920 remembers the thread and finds it, tbh. :lol

Killakobe81
11-07-2018, 03:57 PM
100% sure it was you because then you went on with that take about getting rid of Russell and the Mozgov contract. Hopefully DPG21920 remembers the thread and finds it, tbh. :lol

Those were good moves.
But for me to say they have been better that PATFO?
Despite losing KAwhi and extending Pau/Mills I have no issue with PATFO
I woudlnt have paid LMA max but outside one bad playoff he has been good for yall and DD is now too ...so great job.
That seems like you are exaggerating