PDA

View Full Version : Alabama vs Raiders

JohnnyD
11-07-2018, 07:51 PM
That was talked about on The Herd this morning, it has been talked about before, a stud NCAA team vs a weak NFL team or a CFL team. It usually gets ...just kids vs grown men....all the NFLers are well NFLers, a college team might have 10-12 NFL caliber players if that. The NFL would roll, wouldn't even be close.

Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mxpOUo1euw

Keep in mind that was the NFL's best and a legendary NFL team. College kid WR Emmett Edwards from Kansas was faster than any Steeler.

The college kids did win a few of those games.

So many times some rookies usually RB's step right in and take off, they aren't intimidated at all. There really is something about young legs.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Bama would beat about half the NFL teams including the Quack Prescott boys.

JohnnyD
11-08-2018, 03:01 AM
Bama would beat about half the NFL teams including the Quack Prescott boys.

Ah, nope.

But, I do think most seasons Alabama wouldn't embarrash themselves vs the lower wrung NFL teams. I can see NFL 32 Bama 20. Now Bama vs the Pats would get ugly.

That Raider team we saw vs my Niners would be hard pressed vs this Bama team with the attitude they had.

All NFL teams are full of guys that Alabama would never have recruited. A lot of NFLers could never have started at Alabama.

Joey Boza had 10 sacks his rookie season, the NFL no big deal. And nobody in the league is improving on their combine 40 time after a few NFL seasons.

I do think these Saban Bama teams would beat up on those Lombardi Packer teams. Too big and too fast.

Silver&Black
11-08-2018, 06:47 AM
Raiders by 5 touchdowns

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Raiders by 5 touchdowns
what about the second half?

JohnnyD
11-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Raiders by 5 touchdowns

If I would have asked up how do you think the mighty 75 Pittsburgh Steelers would fare vs a bunch of college all stars just thrown together would you have told me they win 21-14?

There is no doubt any good NFL team would kick NCAA butt, but not so sure bad pro teams are all that much better than Alabama. Bama the only NCAA school that might hang close.

Tons of NFLers wouldn't start for Alabama in their college days.

Silver&Black
11-08-2018, 04:04 PM
what about the second half?

:lol you motherfuckers ain't that good

FrostKing
11-08-2018, 08:21 PM
If I would have asked up how do you think the mighty 75 Pittsburgh Steelers would fare vs a bunch of college all stars just thrown together would you have told me they win 21-14?

There is no doubt any good NFL team would kick NCAA butt, but not so sure bad pro teams are all that much better than Alabama. Bama the only NCAA school that might hang close.

NFL teams are weaker today. The sport is less physical so the age/size difference isn't as important.

Ghazi
11-08-2018, 10:24 PM
I doubt this would be competitive, but I don't think it would be like a 70-0 affair either.

But like, if you include Bama in the v worst NFL teams debate, may as well include teams like Clemson and Georgia too.

Mark Celibate
11-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Who gives a fuck?

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have started at USC over Matt Leinart either, but he's galaxies ahead of him as an NFL quarterback.

Whenever these debates pop up, I think the huge mismatch in the trenches and QB play is what would make all of these blowouts for the most part. I couldn't see any college team having any success running against an NFL front seven, and just about every college QB would immediately shit the bed against the speed of an NFL defense. I actually think the individual skill positions matchups of WR/CB and RB/Linebacker wouldn't be that bad with some of the elite college teams.

Take 2005 USC as an example. Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Steve Smith, and Dwayne Jarrett. That's not a bad group by NFL standard, imo and those guys could go in and produce right away. But as we saw Matt Leinart was pretty shit as an NFL quarterback and would've only been shittier while in college with no professional training/experience.

Same with a team like 2008 Florida. rofl at the idea of college Tim Tebow scoring more than 10 against an NFL defense. For the most part, I can't really think of a college "super team" that had an elite QB who stepped in and produced right away in the NFL. It's mostly been gimmick quarterbacks on these teams who would immediately flounder against NFL defenses

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Who gives a fuck?

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have started at USC over Matt Leinart either, but he's galaxies ahead of him as an NFL quarterback.

Whenever these debates pop up, I think the huge mismatch in the trenches and QB play is what would make all of these blowouts for the most part. I couldn't see any college team having any success running against an NFL front seven, and just about every college QB would immediately shit the bed against the speed of an NFL defense. I actually think the individual skill positions matchups of WR/CB and RB/Linebacker wouldn't be that bad with some of the elite college teams.

Take 2005 USC as an example. Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Steve Smith, and Dwayne Jarrett. That's not a bad group by NFL standard, imo and those guys could go in and produce right away. But as we saw Matt Leinart was pretty shit as an NFL quarterback and would've only been shittier while in college with no professional training/experience.

Same with a team like 2008 Florida. rofl at the idea of college Tim Tebow scoring more than 10 against an NFL defense. For the most part, I can't really think of a college "super team" that had an elite QB who stepped in and produced right away in the NFL. It's mostly been gimmick quarterbacks on these teams who would immediately flounder against NFL defenses
trojans with palmer?

but yeah, the trenches are night and day. maurice hurst was unblockable in college and hasn't had much of an impact as a rookie for oakland.

michael sam is another flaming example

JohnnyD
11-08-2018, 11:36 PM
NFL teams are weaker today. The sport is less physical so the age/size difference isn't as important.

Good point and yep, ya got it.

JohnnyD
11-08-2018, 11:40 PM
I doubt this would be competitive, but I don't think it would be like a 70-0 affair either.

But like, if you include Bama in the v worst NFL teams debate, may as well include teams like Clemson and Georgia too.

I do see Alabama as being "special" when it comes to NCAA teams. I can't say that about any other school.

JohnnyD
11-08-2018, 11:52 PM
Who gives a fuck?

Good stuff~!

I do think there are those not aware of the fact they did play that College All Star game and the college kids did beat NFL Champions. Who would say it would be impossible for NFL Champs to lose to a college team just thrown together.

Obviously the college kids would be far more stoked than the pros.

Like I said Alabama vs a good NFL team stands no chance, but vs the 0-16 Browns, other bad NFL teams, they could hang.

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2018, 11:57 PM
They could beat the Raiders, but only because they've clearly quit on Gruden:lol

Also, the NFL is less physical than the past against QBs and receivers, but nothing has changed in the trenches, offensive vs. defensive line is still just as physical as ever..as my guy Mark Celibate said, that's where the biggest difference is seen..

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 12:12 AM
They could beat the Raiders, but only because they've clearly quit on Gruden:lol

Also, the NFL is less physical than the past against QBs and receivers, but nothing has changed in the trenches, offensive vs. defensive line is still just as physical as ever..as my guy Mark Celibate said, that's where the biggest difference is seen..

That is what brought this on, THIS Raider team would have a hard time with Alabama. They aren't good and the college kids would be totally stoked.

We are always seeing rookies having no problems vs veteran NFL's, it's not OH MY GOD...at all.

Hell Gale Sayers had a far better NFL rookie season than he did a senior season at Kansas.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 03:32 PM
What are the odds?

I guess it was yesterday when Vegas came out with ...

Buffalo Bills - 28.5 vs Alabama.

I totally respect what those guys do, they do know their stuff. I cannot buck their opinion.

But....I do think the Bills are better than the 2018 Raiders. Thinking Raiders - 21. But what if "at" Alabama?

SpursforSix
11-09-2018, 03:46 PM
What are the odds?

I guess it was yesterday when Vegas came out with ...

Buffalo Bills - 28.5 vs Alabama.

I totally respect what those guys do, they do know their stuff. I cannot buck their opinion.

But....I do think the Bills are better than the 2018 Raiders. Thinking Raiders - 21. But what if "at" Alabama?

This is the dumbest argument that keeps coming up.

So a team of pros that were the best of the best at college can't beat a team where some will go to the pros and most will not?
Not to mention that the pros are all more experienced.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 03:58 PM

So a team of pros that were the best of the best at college can't beat a team where some will go to the pros and most will not?

I once won a 20 bucks at a bar...."college teams have beaten NFL Champs before". Nobody believed me. And that is hard to buy, first off...when and why did this happen?

They did play the College All Star game way back when. This was a collection of college studs vs the current NFL Champ. Yep, the college kids won a few of those games. How?

If the college kids could beat the best pro team think of what they could have done vs a bad NFL team.

Those college teams only had a few weeks together and no NFL experience but it just didn't matter.

There are tons of NFLers that Bama would never have recruited, a lot of small school guys who starred vs La Tech, Furman, NWLa, Fresno State etc, how would they have done vs SEC competition?

Darth_Pelican
11-09-2018, 04:01 PM

Yep. Imagine all of the mismatches all over the field that would be exposed. Example: the Bills would find the weak link Bama CB who will never play in the pros and basically throw at will against him.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Yep. Imagine all of the mismatches all over the field that would be exposed. Example: the Bills would find the weak link Bama CB who will never play in the pros and basically throw at will against him.

Josh Allen left Wyoming with a 56ish comp % in a weak conference. Imagine him vs SEC defenses.

SpursforSix
11-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Josh Allen left Wyoming with a 56ish comp % in a weak conference. Imagine him vs SEC defenses.

Imagine a college defense accounting for professional TE, WR, RB all over the field. Not to mention getting very little penetration on defense or offense.
It's laughable.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Imagine a college defense accounting for professional TE, WR, RB all over the field. Not to mention getting very little penetration on defense or offense.
It's laughable.

So how did those thrown together college teams ever beat NFL Champions?

Take Tyreek Hill at Oklahoma State, he could blow by any NFL cornerback. Think of Mack, he could get by any NFL tackle. 19 sacks in his first two seasons. Boza 10 sacks as a rookie.

SpursforSix
11-09-2018, 04:27 PM
So how did those thrown together college teams ever beat NFL Champions?

Take Tyreek Hill at Oklahoma State, he could blow by any NFL cornerback. Think of Mack, he could get by any NFL tackle.

I don't know. I'm not going to research it.

But you said it was a group of college all stars. So I'm assuming most of those guys turned into pros.
And since this was a long time ago, I'm assuming that the NFL offenses weren't as exotic as they are now.
Or the lineman as well trained and physically imposing.

And you're talking about 2 different things.

1) the worst of the best pros playing the best college team
and
2) the best of college players playing the best pro team

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 04:36 PM

But you said it was a group of college all stars. So I'm assuming most of those guys turned into pros.
And since this was a long time ago, I'm assuming that the NFL offenses weren't as exotic as they are now.

Alabama would crush any of those college All Star teams back then. And those NFL Champs. Way too big and fast.

The Raiders offensive line.

Bama's D line

And I bet the college kids have younger legs (ya reckon) and more burst because of non NFL wear and tear.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 04:43 PM

And you're talking about 2 different things.

1) the worst of the best pros playing the best college team
and
2) the best of college players playing the best pro team

Any of the NFL playoff caliber teams or close would totally destroy Alabama. I did make it clear this Bama team vs the 2018 Raiders. The 0-16 Browns?

SpursforSix
11-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Any of the NFL playoff caliber teams or close would totally destroy Alabama. I did make it clear this Bama team vs the 2018 Raiders. The 0-16 Browns?

You're an idiot if you actually missed the point.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:02 PM
You're an idiot if you actually missed the point.

I've always been an idiot, never seen a point I didn't miss.

But...if talking the current Bama team vs this current 1-7 Raiders team, I can see a close game. Especially at Bama.

SpursforSix
11-09-2018, 05:10 PM
I've always been an idiot, never seen a point I didn't miss.

But...if talking the current Bama team vs this current 1-7 Raiders team, I can see a close game. Especially at Bama.

Ridiculous. Not even sure how this is open for debate.

Alabama could not beat the Raiders.

Debate closed.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Debate closed.

But a band of tossed together college kids could beat the NFL champs, hmmmm?

Appalachian State could beat Michigan.

The 18 point underdog NY Jets could beat what many called the best NFL team ever Colts?

Leon Spinks could beat Muhammad Ali?

In 2017 Howard out of the MEAC was a 45.5 dog vs UNLV, final score Howard 43 UNLV 40.

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:28 PM
But a band of tossed together college kids could beat the NFL champs, hmmmm?

Appalachian State could beat Michigan.

The 18 point underdog NY Jets could beat what many called the best NFL team ever Colts?

Leon Spinks could beat Muhammad Ali?

No, this isn't 1963. This thread is stupid. You're stupid.

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:30 PM

Debate closed.

Alabama couldn't beat Calgary

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:33 PM
No, this isn't 1963. This thread is stupid. You're stupid.

1975 Pittsburg Steelers 21 College All Stars 14.

This topic has been talked about on both Fox and ESPN the last few days. So others also interested.

Blake, why not talk about things you actually know about, ok?

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Alabama couldn't beat Calgary

Talk to me in depth about Calgary, you know absolutely nothing about the team.

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
1975 Pittsburg Steelers 21 College All Stars 14.

This topic has been talked about on both Fox and ESPN the last few days. So others also interested.

It's filler material for idiots like you. It's a stupid "debate" where the hosts conclude there is no debate.

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Talk to me in depth about Calgary, you know absolutely nothing about the team.

I know they'd beat Alabama. You're an idiot.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:39 PM
It's filler material for idiots like you. It's a stupid "debate" where the hosts conclude there is no debate.

Do you honestly believe that guy? You don't get TV either do ya?

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:40 PM
I know they'd beat Alabama. You're an idiot.

No you don't. you don't know anything about it at all. Come on Blake do something with some substance attached to it ya can;'t can ya?

Do some homework, so ya can actually talk about things, ok?

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Do you honestly believe that guy? You don't get TV either do ya?

K, name the host that believes Bama could beat the Raiders.

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:42 PM
No you don't. you don't know anything about it at all. Come on Blake do something with some some substance attached to it ya can;'t can ya?

They're grown ass professional men. You're stupid.

Neither of those things are up for debate.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:48 PM
K, name the host that believes Bama could beat the Raiders.

How about...

Could Alabama compete with this sorry Oakland team?

41% Yes (570 votes)

59% No (808 votes)

1378 votes total Vote Now (https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/11/5/18063818/alabama-football-saban-oakland-raiders-clemson-tigers-michigan-wolverines-lsu-mississippi-state#poll-vote)

Blake
11-09-2018, 05:50 PM
How about...

Could Alabama compete with this sorry Oakland team?

41% Yes (570 votes)

59% No (808 votes)

1378 votes total Vote Now (https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/11/5/18063818/alabama-football-saban-oakland-raiders-clemson-tigers-michigan-wolverines-lsu-mississippi-state#poll-vote)

Yeah 800 idiots out there like you that helped ratings

What host told agreed with that?

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:52 PM
They're grown ass professional men. You're stupid.

Neither of those things are up for debate.

Dude, how many times do rookie RB's run wild on those grown ass men? How did Joey Boza do vs grown ass men his rookie season, try 10 sacks.

There are college kids every season who could run right by any grown ass man cornerback.

Get real guy.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Yeah 800 idiots out there like you that helped ratings

What host told agreed with that?

That is the best you can do? Yes Blake there are people who see it like it really is, this is a very bad Raider team and a very good Alabama team. I have no doubts there are current Raiders who couldn't start for Alabama.

Dude, come with something with some meat on it, so far you're weak.

Mark Celibate
11-09-2018, 06:13 PM
I once won a 20 bucks at a bar...."college teams have beaten NFL Champs before". Nobody believed me. And that is hard to buy, first off...when and why did this happen?

They did play the College All Star game way back when. This was a collection of college studs vs the current NFL Champ. Yep, the college kids won a few of those games. How?

If the college kids could beat the best pro team think of what they could have done vs a bad NFL team.

Those college teams only had a few weeks together and no NFL experience but it just didn't matter.

There are tons of NFLers that Bama would never have recruited, a lot of small school guys who starred vs La Tech, Furman, NWLa, Fresno State etc, how would they have done vs SEC competition?

thats a different argument tbh

College All Stars is not the same as the best college team were half the starters won’t even go pro

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 06:19 PM
thats a different argument tbh

College All Stars is not the same as the best college team were half the starters won’t even go pro

I get that but we are talking about well oiled units who could start for the best college team vs a thrown together team where some of those players only there because of weak college competition.

There are no bad players starting for Nick Saban. While some guy tossing around Ball State, Kent State, Miami of Ohio players gives the illusion of being better than he really is. Could he do the same vs SEC athletes?

Blake
11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
That is the best you can do? Yes Blake there are people who see it like it really is, this is a very bad Raider team and a very good Alabama team. I have no doubts there are current Raiders who couldn't start for Alabama.

Dude, come with something with some meat on it, so far you're weak.

You're avoiding the question, moving the goalposts.

It's what weaklings do.

And you're fat.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 06:32 PM
You're avoiding the question, moving the goalposts.

It's what weaklings do.

And you're fat.

Wrong again Blake, the topic is Alabama vs Raiders. A piss poor NFL team who have no spark, no fight vs a powerful juggernaut Alabama team. Where are their heads at, think about that Blake. Actually do something besides act stupid, can ya do it?

College kids playing for their NFL futures vs a bunch of guys who wish they were anywhere else but Oakland. Think Blake.

FrostKing
11-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Nick Saban ain't losing by 21 points to a bunch of entitled tweeting kneeling professionals.

NFL is shit these days and ole saint nick would expose it

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Nick Saban ain't losing by 21 points to a bunch of entitled tweeting kneeling professionals.

NFL is shit these days and ole saint nick would expose it

You aren't alone with that, as long as ya keep it to weak NFL teams.

JohnnyD
11-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Hmmmmm? Stold this.

I'd be willing to bet money that Alabama could beat the best team in the CFL. Using the same argument that everyone uses to say Bama could never beat the worst NFL team because the NFL team has an entire roster of NFL caliber players. Alabama has a roster almost entirely made up of NFL caliber players, even the best team has a roster made up of no NFL caliber players, because if they did they'd go to the NFL.Look at the grey cup champs the Toronto Argonauts. You think Ricky Ray of Sac state is going to beat Bamas D? His backup is Bethel Mcloud Thompson and his backup is john Franklin. Their RB is James Wilder, he won the rookie award. Their MVP was ricky ray. Their best defensive player was bear woods of troy. Best special teams player was Martese Jackson of FAU. Their coach is Mark Trestman who got fucked up when he tried to bring his coaching to the Bears. Treatman is considered one of the GOAT CFL coaches.

It would be an absolute slaughter, not even close. Bama would run them off the field. Seriously look up the rosters of the best CFL teams. Bama has a bunch of future NFL players with NFL talent. Nick Saban is better than Mark Trestman.

In a QB battle between Tua and Ricky Ray I'm taking Tua. The RB battle is a push because James Wilder was actually good, but only a push if you only compare 1:1 on rosters. Bamas entire RB depth swings RB battle heavily in their favor. Defense is strongly in bamas favor, they'd feast on that pass happy bullshit like they feast on NFL talent calibre QBs pass happy bullshit in CFB. Special teams is a push because Canadian rules are weird with kickers and Bama usually sucks with kickers.
Still, it wouldn't even be close

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every season Bama gives the NFL how many players? How many NFLers in the CFL?

Every season the NFL drafts players based on what they did vs MAC, HBCU, BigWest, Conference USA, competition. Guys who couldn't have played at Alabama. Alabama players are judged vs SEC opposition. See how it goes?

Put anyone that starts for Alabama on a UTEP, UNLV, Grambling, Houston, BYU team, there they would rule.

Darth_Pelican
11-10-2018, 12:14 AM
Anyone who thinks that a college football team could hang with an NFL team simply doesn’t understand football (I’m not talking about 1940’s nfl vs. 2018 college; no one gives a fuck about that). NFL coaches would easily expose mismatches on the field and win 10 plays out of 10. An NFL offense would score on every 2-3 plays that they run against the #1 college team in the country. If they don’t, then that coach should be fired immediately. And an NFL defense vs a College offense would just be embarrassing as far as how much they’d dominate every play. Avante is fucking stupid to think this is even debatable.

Blake
11-10-2018, 12:40 AM
Hmmmmm? Stold this.

I'd be willing to bet money that Alabama could beat the best team in the CFL. Using the same argument that everyone uses to say Bama could never beat the worst NFL team because the NFL team has an entire roster of NFL caliber players. Alabama has a roster almost entirely made up of NFL caliber players, even the best team has a roster made up of no NFL caliber players, because if they did they'd go to the NFL.Look at the grey cup champs the Toronto Argonauts. You think Ricky Ray of Sac state is going to beat Bamas D? His backup is Bethel Mcloud Thompson and his backup is john Franklin. Their RB is James Wilder, he won the rookie award. Their MVP was ricky ray. Their best defensive player was bear woods of troy. Best special teams player was Martese Jackson of FAU. Their coach is Mark Trestman who got fucked up when he tried to bring his coaching to the Bears. Treatman is considered one of the GOAT CFL coaches.

It would be an absolute slaughter, not even close. Bama would run them off the field. Seriously look up the rosters of the best CFL teams. Bama has a bunch of future NFL players with NFL talent. Nick Saban is better than Mark Trestman.

In a QB battle between Tua and Ricky Ray I'm taking Tua. The RB battle is a push because James Wilder was actually good, but only a push if you only compare 1:1 on rosters. Bamas entire RB depth swings RB battle heavily in their favor. Defense is strongly in bamas favor, they'd feast on that pass happy bullshit like they feast on NFL talent calibre QBs pass happy bullshit in CFB. Special teams is a push because Canadian rules are weird with kickers and Bama usually sucks with kickers.
Still, it wouldn't even be close

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every season Bama gives the NFL how many players? How many NFLers in the CFL?

Every season the NFL drafts players based on what they did vs MAC, HBCU, BigWest, Conference USA, competition. Guys who couldn't have played at Alabama. Alabama players are judged vs SEC opposition. See how it goes?

Put anyone that starts for Alabama on a UTEP, UNLV, Grambling, Houston, BYU team, there they would rule.

Stupid.

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Anyone who thinks that a college football team could hang with an NFL team simply doesn’t understand football (I’m not talking about 1940’s nfl vs. 2018 college; no one gives a fuck about that). NFL coaches would easily expose mismatches on the field and win 10 plays out of 10. An NFL offense would score on every 2-3 plays that they run against the #1 college team in the country. If they don’t, then that coach should be fired immediately. And an NFL defense vs a College offense would just be embarrassing as far as how much they’d dominate every play. Avante is fucking stupid to think this is even debatable.

I think can hang with you or anyone else when it when it comes to understanding football. And 1940's?, try the 1975 Steelers 21 College kids 14.

And I'm not alone on this, it's been talked about by others many times. Nick Saban vs Hue Jackson? You have any idea at all how many players on an NFL team would have sat on an Alabama bench?

Every NFL season we see guys come in as rookies and take right off, no problems at all. Some actually have better rookie seasons than they did senior seasons.

YES, Alabama would get crushed by any good NFL team but I have never talked about that, this is Alabama vs a low level uninspired, lackluster NFL team going nowhere like the 2018 Raiders, those 2017 Browns.

Back in the day it was.....there is noway in hell an AFL team (NFL rejects) could ever compete vs an NFL team. So what happened?

Look at small college players never even recruited by power five conferences once they start competing vs the big guys in the NFL. No problems. How many undrafted players like Adam Thelien become stars?

Not understanding football is thinking a dead totally dead pro team like these2018 Raiders could hang with a jacked up totally stoked Nick Saban team.

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 12:56 AM
Stupid.

No not at all and if ya knew the CFL (you don't) you'd know that.

Alabama has more team speed than any CFL team. Bama's big guys on a whole other level. Many of them are NFL bound, not so with the CFLers.

Blake
11-10-2018, 01:15 AM
Alabama has more team speed than any CFL team.

:lol

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 01:19 AM
:lol

Come on guy it's very obvious you have no idea at all who is actually on any of those teams. There is a reason the CFLers are not NFLers you do get that, right?

Are you even aware of the fact only 20 non Canadians can be on CFL rosters, right? Now give me the name of one stud college football team from Canada where the other half of the team came from.

Give me the name of that stud NFLer from a Canadian school, the CFL is made up of 50% of those players.

Blake
11-10-2018, 01:27 AM
There are guys on Calgary's roster that have been playing pro ball twice as long as any kid has been at bama. They'd beat the shit out of them.

You're fucking retarded.

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 01:33 AM
There are guys on Calgary's roster that have been playing pro ball twice as long as any kid has been at bama. They'd beat the shit out of them.

You're fucking retarded.

Here is the CFL's most valuable player from 2017.

Mike Reilly (born January 25, 1985) is a Canadian football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_football) quarterback (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback) for the Edmonton Eskimos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_Eskimos) of the Canadian Football League (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Football_League) (CFL). He was the starting quarterback for the Eskimos when they won the 103rd Grey Cup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_Grey_Cup) and was named the Grey Cup Most Valuable Player (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Cup_Most_Valuable_Player). He was originally signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers) as an undrafted free agent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undrafted_free_agent) in 2009. He played college football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football) at Central Washington (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Washington_Wildcats_football). He was named the CFL's Most Outstanding Player (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFL%27s_Most_Outstanding_Player_Award) of 2017.

Mike Reilly????

Dude, are you actually telling me you have never noticed what NFL rookies have done with..0...NFL experience? Come on guy use your head.

Don Woods was a QB at New Mexico, once he became a Charger they switched him to RB, all he did was have a 1000 yard season, think about that. No experience at RB vs grown ass men.....so what.

News to you.

It's notable that CIS still produces the majority of Canadian players, though, with 69.8 per cent of national players coming from the Canadian university ranks. That's a combination of the percentages we've seen in the draft recently; CIS produced 73.3 per cent of the draftees in 2013, but just 53.3 per cent in 2012. (2014, where 90.8 per cent of the picks were from CIS, can be largely discounted thanks to changing eligibilty rules that meant the draft pool was mostly just CIS players.) The 2013 mark is closer to the norm, but this study suggests that there's plenty of Canadian talent coming to the CFL from outside CIS. Here's a graph Fulton did illustrating that, taking a look at the national players in the CFL and where they come from:
https://s.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gifView photos

It's also notable to see how the CIS conferences break down. Yes, Ontario produces the most players in raw totals, but OUA has 11 football schools, so they're producing 4.9 CFL players per school. By contrast, six-team Canada West has 8.1, the six-team Quebec conference has 7.7, and the four-team Atlantic conference has 6.5. This gets even more interesting when it's broken down by individual CIS school. Here's Fulton's analysis of that:

Now think of what Alabama would do to any Canadian school.

NFL rejects and what school?...is the CFL guy, ok? That is why you can't name any of the players, they are nobody's.

Best player in the CFL an undrafted QB from Central Washington who got cut by the NFL.

Come on guy know what you;re trying to talk about, ok?

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 02:02 AM
CFL vs NFL

From August 1950 through August 1961, teams from the NFL and CFL played six times during the NFL preseason, in Canada. (For the Canadian teams, the games were exhibitions played during the CFL regular season.)

It started in 1950, when the Giants beat the Rough Riders in Ottawa, 27-6. The following year, the Giants thumped the same team in the same town, 41-18.

The series resumed eight years later, when the Chicago Cardinals clobbered the Argonauts, 55-26, in Toronto. In 1960, the Steelers slammed the Argonauts in Toronto, 43-16.

The exercise ended the following year, with a pair of contests played three days apart. On August 2 in Toronto, the Cardinals (which had since moved to St. Louis) cold-cocked the Argonauts, 36-7. On August 5, the Bears bested the Alouettes in Montreal, 34-16.

The college All Stars were more competitive vs the NFL Champs.

The NFL had Jim Brown, while the CFL had George Reed, he is still considered the greatest CFLer ever. He was out of Washington State, in his three season career there he never averaged over 3.9 a carry, and this is the first time anyone here has ever heard of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FQPC_i8JA0

He ran wild in the CFL, yet a 3.9 average in the Pac10.

Mike Pringle the all time CFL rushing king.

Michael A. Pringle (born October 1, 1967) is an American former professional gridiron football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridiron_football) player. A running back (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_back), he had a successful career in the Canadian Football League (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Football_League) (CFL), during which he set or tied almost every significant league records (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_Football_League_records) for the position. He played college football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football) for the California State University, Fullerton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_University,_Fullerton) Titans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_State_Fullerton_Titans_football) and was twice signed by National Football League (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League) (NFL) teams, though he never played a game in the NFL.

The CFL is a joke.

Geroy Simon is the all time CFL leader in yards gained over 16, 000 as a WR. He spent 1997 on the Steelers practice squad before being let go. Played at Maryland.

This kid was from nearby Tulare Union, while there he set Cali State records, some of his runs (saw him many times) right there with Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers. He had a great UNLV career but couldn't make an NFL team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTv_oE-3fls

His first CFL game vs grown ass men, ha! Where was his experience?

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 02:55 AM
No experience vs grown ass men. Just a know nothing rookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSiI91j93Ww

He did the same thing at Miami, the NFL nothing different at all.

Gale Sayers scored 22 TD's his rookie season without NFL experience. yep, vs grown ass men.

Eric Dickerson over 1800 yards rushing as a rookie. How is that possible with no experience vs grown ass men?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4bm5oW8qAM

No NFL experience kicking grown men ass.

All this crap about grown men and experience is a load of bull. Young legs, no NFL wear and tear is a real big deal. There are no NFLers who could improve on their combine 40 time.

Randy Moss did what as a rookie? Yep, he blew right by all those experienced grown ass men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uESJlMw_lbg

Moss left Marshall with a 19.0 yard average per catch, what was his NFL average per catch that rookie season......19.0 yards.

Fresh out of college Devin Hester, Gale Sayers, Lawrence Taylor, Randy Moss totally dominated far more experienced grown ass men. And if we took those guys and all the other stud rookies and formed a team they would kick grown experienced men ass.

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 03:40 AM
Kid with no NFL experience at all vs grown ass men with NFL experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_1xnYfqPM

So cool this ridiculous grown men with experience vs kids with none, ok? As we can see it means...0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RCU4cF_7gA

How did Big Ben and Russell Wilson do as rookie QB's?

Here we have just a kid with no NFL experience vs grown ass men with experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwcnIuj9sbk

He left Pitt with a career 57.6 comp %, his NFL rookie season....58.4.

Ghazi
11-10-2018, 04:20 AM
saw this on ESPN:

Per the SuperBook at the Westgate Las Vegas, the Buffalo Bills would be 28.5-point favorites over the Alabama Crimson Tide on a neutral field.

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 04:29 AM
saw this on ESPN:

Per the SuperBook at the Westgate Las Vegas, the Buffalo Bills would be 28.5-point favorites over the Alabama Crimson Tide on a neutral field.

I already mentioned that, and my respect for those guys but, they also had UNLV a 45.5 fav vs Howard an HBCU school, final score Howard 43 UNLV 40. They had the NFL Colts 18 point fav vs those Joe Namath AFL Jets, how did that go?

The Billls have beaten the Vikings and Titans and would beat these Raiders. The 2018 Raiders aren't getting up for nobody, there is no spark, no nothing. Think of how jacked/stoked Saban would have his Crimson Tide, the Raiders couldn't match that intensity and it's real obvious.

Appalachian State 34, No. 5 Michigan 32
Line: Michigan -33*

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 04:56 AM
Bottom line.

The 2018 Alabama team is as good a college team as we have seen, they have some serious talent. The 2018 Raider team is a joke, a bad one. They are all of a sudden going to get up and show some intensity, hell no they aren't. YES....any decent NFL team would destroy Alabama, just not a weak, hurry up and get this over Raider team. And not so sure that 0-16 Browns team does any better.

Alabama could hang with any CFL team, anyone not seeing that knows nothing about CFL football. Very few CFLers could have played at Alabama. And half a CFL roster is made up of Canadians, who can name one, yep,ya can't. And on average the CFLers are smaller than NFLers, we don't see the same level of size with speed. There are no Julio Jones or Derrick Henry's playing CFL football.

Think what an All Time Alabama team would do to an All time CFL team ,it would get ugly.

Like I mentioned, all time CFL rushing king an NFL reject, 2017 MVP an NFL reject, all time yardage WR king, an NFL reject. The CFL LEGEND...couldn't average 4.0 yards a carry in college.

This is not the CFL.

Alabama Football Finishes with a Record 12 Players Selected in 2018 NFL Draft

JohnnyD
11-10-2018, 05:25 AM
Mike Tyson was how old when he was knocking out all those grown ass men?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYaWZNqtqk

Huge grown ass man vs some 19 year old kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyn0AKTQNhI

While at Tennessee Christain Coleman (just a college kid) ran a 4.1 40, no grown ass man is remotely close to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_yoRayOIA

Some time after that he would break the WR in the 60, 6.34. Former HS footballer. He also beat the great Usain Bolt, a grown ass man.

So don't tell me about grown ass men, or experience. You are never more hungry than you are as a young man trying to make it work, old guys get stagnate and the flame is starting to dim.

Something that gets ignored is young guys are simply in better shape, they don't tucker out as easily. a big 300 pounder at 32 isn't who he was at 23-25 cardio wise.

Blake
11-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Stupid posts.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
If you think any college team would even keep it within 50 against any NFL team, you are retarded.

/thread

JohnnyD
11-13-2018, 12:18 AM
If you think any college team would even keep it within 50 against any NFL team, you are retarded.

/thread

Where are you getting any college team vs any NFL team?

Talking 2018 Alabama vs 2018 Oakland Raiders.

A team of college kids under Nick Saban with young legs all full of vigor vs a bunch of malcontents under Jon Gruden counting the days until this season is over.

Come on guy.

JohnnyD
11-13-2018, 12:19 AM
Stupid posts.

A stupid post is you talking a team full of Canadians in CFL beating Alabama.

JohnnyD
11-13-2018, 02:00 AM
Look at what Barkley, Chubb, Aaron Jones are doing vs NFL defenses, they are doing the same things they did in college.

Kareem Hunt led the NFL in rushing last season as a rookie out of.....Toledo. How is that possible vs grown ass men?

It's not boys vs men, it's young leg/still in great shape athletes vs older, NFL wear and tear athletes.

The Niners started a kid who had never played in an NFL game at QB vs the Raiders, he torched them, that 's how bad they really are.

Stan
11-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Bottom line.

The 2018 Alabama team is as good a college team as we have seen, they have some serious talent. The 2018 Raider team is a joke, a bad one. They are all of a sudden going to get up and show some intensity, hell no they aren't. YES....any decent NFL team would destroy Alabama, just not a weak, hurry up and get this over Raider team. And not so sure that 0-16 Browns team does any better.

Alabama could hang with any CFL team, anyone not seeing that knows nothing about CFL football. Very few CFLers could have played at Alabama. And half a CFL roster is made up of Canadians, who can name one, yep,ya can't. And on average the CFLers are smaller than NFLers, we don't see the same level of size with speed. There are no Julio Jones or Derrick Henry's playing CFL football.

Think what an All Time Alabama team would do to an All time CFL team ,it would get ugly.

Like I mentioned, all time CFL rushing king an NFL reject, 2017 MVP an NFL reject, all time yardage WR king, an NFL reject. The CFL LEGEND...couldn't average 4.0 yards a carry in college.

This is not the CFL.

Alabama Football Finishes with a Record 12 Players Selected in 2018 NFL Draft
Alabama got beat by one of the CFL’s worst quarterbacks.

JohnnyD
11-13-2018, 02:22 AM
Alabama got beat by one of the CFL’s worst quarterbacks.

And how many CFLers would Alabama bother to recruit?

We don't find the same size/speed combo in the CFL like we find in the SEC.

JohnnyD
11-19-2018, 04:43 AM
Alabama 32 Cards 17

Blake
11-19-2018, 04:29 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtoyBfJ68kJutSo/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

JohnnyD
11-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Blake bugging another poster as always.

phxspurfan
11-20-2018, 01:03 AM
Anyone see when Bama played Hawaii back in the day, when Hawaii had that high scoring QB? Forgot his name, but it basically was a shit show game, where Bama looked like the NFL team and Hawaii looked like a bunch of fat guys. Probably what an undersized college team would look like against any NFL team. But SEC teams are all NFL weight usually, so SEC vs NFL may not look so bad

JohnnyD
11-20-2018, 01:19 AM
Anyone see when Bama played Hawaii back in the day, when Hawaii had that high scoring QB? Forgot his name, but it basically was a shit show game, where Bama looked like the NFL team and Hawaii looked like a bunch of fat guys. Probably what an undersized college team would look like against any NFL team. But SEC teams are all NFL weight usually, so SEC vs NFL may not look so bad

DAMN, I know that name for that Hawaii QB.

Only a year when we do see a real stud/great SEC team would they stand a chance vs a really bad NFL team. The difference in depth is huge. But, when it comes to size and speed there isn't much difference.

The thing people miss is there are TONS of NFLers who never could play for Alabama. So guys from La Tech, Rutgers, UCLA, Western Michigan vs Alabama.

Like I mentioned when those college kids did play the NFL Champs they did hang, actually winning a few.