PDA

View Full Version : Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, Hospitalized With 3 Fractured Ribs after fallong

ducks
11-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Oh oh

ducks
11-08-2018, 09:39 AM
The Supreme Court says 85-year-old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured three ribs in a fall in her office at the court and is in the hospital.

The court says the justice went to George Washington University Hospital in Washington early Thursday after experiencing discomfort overnight. The court says the fall occurred Wednesday evening

Ginsburg was admitted to the hospital for treatment and observation after tests showed she fractured

Ginsburg broke two ribs in a fall in 2012. She has had two prior bouts with cancer and had a stent implanted to open a blocked artery in 2014.

CosmicCowboy
11-08-2018, 09:40 AM
There isn't shit they can do for cracked ribs...done it three times...they just tell you to cowboy up and it will quit hurting in three or four weeks.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 09:42 AM
OP is celebrating the potential death of a liberal Supreme Court justice

but seriously, fuck this stupid bitch for not stepping down when Obama had a senate majority.

Blake
11-08-2018, 09:44 AM

but seriously, fuck this stupid bitch for not stepping down when Obama had a senate majority.

Yeah, she fucked the dems on that one.

But to be fair, media said Hillary was gonna run away with the election

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Thoughts and prayers

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 09:47 AM

She was playing with fire by waiting either way, especially since the Republicans were always heavy favorites to take the senate in 2014.

This is why the Republicans are better than the Dems at winning. Sandra Day O’Connor stepped down over 10 years before she needed to to ensure that she had a Republican president choosing her replacement before the Dems took the senate in 2006.

Othyus Lalanne
11-08-2018, 09:51 AM

First sentence and second sentence be like...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iY6G4ue1ZKE/VL348bR7YeI/AAAAAAAAWow/4oa-6K5Rx9w/s1600/mr_deeds.jpg

AaronY
11-08-2018, 09:54 AM
First sentence and second sentence be like...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iY6G4ue1ZKE/VL348bR7YeI/AAAAAAAAWow/4oa-6K5Rx9w/s1600/mr_deeds.jpg
whats with the selfie?

clambake
11-08-2018, 09:54 AM
whats with the selfie?

lol

Spurtacular
11-08-2018, 09:57 AM

Good thing you're taking the high ground. :lmao

hater
11-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Game Over

Trump will be crowned by next year :wow

boutons_deux
11-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Obama had a senate majority.

... NEVER had one

CosmicCowboy
11-08-2018, 10:07 AM
... NEVER had one

boushit

2009 they had 57 + 2 independents that caucused with them.

tlongII
11-08-2018, 10:13 AM
boutons caught lying again...

Othyus Lalanne
11-08-2018, 10:14 AM
whats with the selfie?

What's with the not getting it?

Winehole23
11-08-2018, 10:25 AM
best wishes for a speedy recovery

Chris
11-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Thoughts and prayers

Blake
11-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Thoughts and prayers

Chris praying she's done

AaronY
11-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Thoughts and prayers
This but ironically

hater
11-08-2018, 10:43 AM
This is what happens when you try to jam a shit candidate like Shitlery down a country

DMX7
11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Wishing her a speedy recover and for a long career ahead of her!

TSA
11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Chris praying she's done

lol

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 11:16 AM
She was playing with fire by waiting either way, especially since the Republicans were always heavy favorites to take the senate in 2014.

This is why the Republicans are better than the Dems at winning. Sandra Day O’Connor stepped down over 10 years before she needed to to ensure that she had a Republican president choosing her replacement before the Dems took the senate in 2006.

Makes me wonder why Uncle Thomas hasn't stepped down yet

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Makes me wonder why Uncle Thomas hasn't stepped down yet
He’s still in his 60s iirc.

They had a fucking golden opportunity to take SCOTUS when Scalia died unexpectedly but Obama let himself get bullied by McConnell because he was overconfident Hillary would win.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 11:22 AM
... NEVER had one
Yeah we get, they never had a supermajority and because of that the Republicans were able to filibuster everything and the poor, helpless Democrats had no way to stop it. Blah blah blah. It couldn’t possibility be that the Democrats in power after the 2008 elections didn’t really care as much about sweeping reform as they led the American people to believe and were perfectly content with blaming the Republican filibuster for why they got nothing other than Bob Doles healthcare plan done.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 11:26 AM
He’s still in his 60s iirc.

They had a fucking golden opportunity to take SCOTUS when Scalia died unexpectedly but Obama let himself get bullied by McConnell because he was overconfident Hillary would win.

He is 70

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 11:28 AM
He is 70
Still somewhat young imo but he might step down in the next 2 years if it looks like Trump will go down in 2020.

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Yeah we get, they never had a supermajority and because of that the Republicans were able to filibuster everything and the poor, helpless Democrats had no way to stop it. Blah blah blah. It couldn’t possibility be that the Democrats in power after the 2008 elections didn’t really care as much about sweeping reform as they led the American people to believe and were perfectly content with blaming the Republican filibuster for why they got nothing other than Bob Doles healthcare plan done.

:lol ya'll got fucked

hater
11-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Wishing her a speedy recover and for a long career ahead of her!

Career as a corpse?

Winehole23
11-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Career as a corpse?a long career as a corpse is everyone's future

Chucho
11-08-2018, 12:36 PM
a long career as a corpse is everyone's future

Ya don't get paid, but you're allowed to sleep on the job.

Reck
11-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Is it too much to ask for 2 more years out of her? hang the fuck on for dear life.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Is it too much to ask for 2 more years out of her? hang the fuck on for dear life.

You'll probably need at least four based on the Democrats shit performance in the senate races on Tuesday.

Reck
11-08-2018, 01:00 PM
You'll probably need at least four based on the Democrats shit performance in the senate races on Tuesday.

Electorally, they're looking back on track. All the states that went for Trump went back to dems very solidly. All 3 senators from those states won their re-election with more than 50%. Without Hillary on the ballot, things start looking decent, EC wise.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Electorally, they're looking back on track. All the states that went for Trump went back to dems very solidly. All 3 senators from those states won their re-election with more than 50%. Without Hillary on the ballot, things start looking decent, EC wise.

Tell me which five states the Democrats flip in the 2020 senate race. Because the GOP has 54 seats unless something drastic changes in the Arizona and Florida races and no way Doug Jones holds his seat when he's not running against a pedo.

Which five?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2020

Reck
11-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Tell me which five states the Democrats flip in the 2020 senate race. Because the GOP has 54 seats unless something drastic changes in the Arizona and Florida races and no way Doug Jones holds his seat when he's not running against a pedo.

Which five?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2020

Oh I'm talking about the presidency itself, not senate.

But now that you mention it, McCain's seat could be in play. Susan Collins etc.

Yesterday you mentioned possibly Colorado and Iowa. That's 4 right there. lol

The GOP seems highly desperate in Arizona. They are suing counties because they dont want them to count the outstanding vote which is in the realm of 600,000.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Here’s the 4 that jump out:

Colorado (this is the easy one)
North Carolina (if a Democrat Supreme Court in NC can stem voter suppression laws)
Maine (I wouldn’t say this except I think Collins will get hurt for supporting Kavanaugh)
Arizona (there wont be an incumbent unless Kyl runs which is unlikely)

The 5th one is challenging. It would have to be Texas, Georgia, or Iowa. I’d normally put Iowa higher on the list except Trump has made it a lean red state.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 01:19 PM
But more likely though the Dems would need something like what happened in 2012 when there were several senate races that would have been unwinnable if not for tea bagger candidates who say ridiculous shit about how women can’t get pregnant from “legitimate rape”.

EDIT: rechecked and it was two senate races the Dems won in 2012 purely because of retarded tea bagger candidates who made a dumb comment about rape (Indiana and Missouri, both of which just flipped back). IMO they would need that to happen again in a state like Tennessee.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 01:34 PM

North Carolina (if a Democrat Supreme Court in NC can stem voter suppression laws)
Maine (I wouldn’t say this except I think Collins will get hurt for supporting Kavanaugh)

The 5th one is challenging. It would have to be Texas, Georgia, or Iowa. I’d normally put Iowa higher on the list except Trump has made it a lean red state.

I forgot about the Arizona special election. I guess Ducey traded having the special election take place in a presidential year to get RapeK on the court. I don't see Collins losing her seat.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 01:39 PM
I forgot about the Arizona special election. I guess Ducey traded having the special election take place in a presidential year to get RapeK on the court. I don't see Collins losing her seat.
It’s too bad that Cornyn is the one up in a presidential year and not Cruz. If t was Beto vs Cornyn in a midterm election Beto could actually benefit from low tea bagger voter turnout since they view Cornyn as an establishment Republican.

Mitch
11-08-2018, 01:55 PM

C'mon bro, you rather she dies on the bench or spending time with her grandkids?

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 01:56 PM
It’s too bad that Cornyn is the one up in a presidential year and not Cruz. If t was Beto vs Cornyn in a midterm election Beto could actually benefit from low tea bagger voter turnout since they view Cornyn as an establishment Republican.

Ideally for Democrats, Beto should be at the top of the ballot, not running for senator.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 01:58 PM
boushit

2009 they had 57 + 2 independents that caucused with them.

Not to mention there was a brief 6 or so month window in late 2009-early 2010 (when Ted Kennedy was about to die of cancer, but he had people authorized to vote for him) where they actually did have the supermajority... 60-40, that helped them big time speed up getting the ACA passed.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 02:08 PM

You also would have to factor in Doug Jones likely to get curbstomped in Bama. I'd say most likely case is Bama and Colorado flip and that's that.

also, Joe Manchin is a DINO who votes on his own mixed ideologies and could pull a reverse Arlen Specter at any time

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 02:20 PM
You also would have to factor in Doug Jones likely to get curbstomped in Bama. I'd say most likely case is Bama and Colorado flip and that's that.

also, Joe Manchin is a DINO who votes on his own mixed ideologies and could pull a reverse Arlen Specter at any time
Manchin has voted with the Dems on Supreme Court picks though.

And yes saying they need to get 5 seats assumes they lose Alabama. That only gives them 50 seats but if they’re picking up seats in AZ and NC then they probably won the presidential election too.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 02:29 PM

Manchin is a critical member of the senate for the Democrats to have and it's great he just got elected again for six more years. They will have no chance of getting another Democrat from West Virginia again until there is a major party realignment, likely in the far future.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Manchin has voted with the Dems on Supreme Court picks though.

And he would have killed the RapeK nomination if not for Collins cementing it.

boutons_deux
11-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Manchin is a critical member of the senate for the Democrats to have and it's great he just got elected again for six more years. They will have no chance of getting another Democrat from West Virginia again until there is a major party realignment, likely in the far future.

... except Manchin is prototypical, "squishy" DINO on many votes. Only better than a hard core Repug asshole.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 02:36 PM

Tester and Manchin exist to prevent any hope of a GOP super-majority in the near term in case of a red wave, but also give the Dems a small outside shot by 2022 if they are able to pick up a seat next round (?) and if Trump wins in 2020, maybe they can get Ron Johnson and Pat Toomey out in 2022...

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 02:36 PM
... except Manchin is prototypical, "squishy" DINO on many votes. Only better than a hard core Repug asshole.

A hard right Republican asshole is who you'd get in his place. I'll take Manchin.

Spurtacular
11-08-2018, 02:37 PM

:lol tranny fantasies

Spurtacular
11-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Kavanagh thread - :cry Brett is being overtly political :cry
This thread - :cry Why isn't Ruth being covertly political (enough)? :cry

:lmao

Spurtacular
11-08-2018, 02:42 PM
C'mon bro, you rather she dies on the bench or spending time with her grandkids?

Tranny has needs, bruh.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 02:43 PM
if Ginsburg does go, you better bet Trump is going to wait until mid January to start nominating again... House has no bearing on SCOTUS nominations, and he'd like to avoid a narrow-victory fiasco like with Kavanaugh.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Tester and Manchin exist to prevent any hope of a GOP super-majority in the near term in case of a red wave, but also give the Dems a small outside shot by 2022 if they are able to pick up a seat next round (?) and if Trump wins in 2020, maybe they can get Ron Johnson and Pat Toomey out in 2022...
They can easily pick up 5 seats in 2020, it’ll just require a gaff. If it becomes obvious that Trump is in bed with Russia and a GOP controlled senate refuses to proceed with impeachment, there could easily be backlash in 2020.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 02:51 PM
They can easily pick up 5 seats in 2020, it’ll just require a gaff. If it becomes obvious that Trump is in bed with Russia and a GOP controlled senate refuses to proceed with impeachment, there could easily be backlash in 2020.

The Russia stuff is equally as dumb and out-there as the Birther stuff. That honestly needs to die. The dems would be smart to ditch Russia and focus on actual issues like what Trump has done wrong for X people and such. Eliminating those deductions for state income taxes would be a start.

Spurtacular
11-08-2018, 02:51 PM

:lol backlash for not falsely impeaching the president from their own party.
:lol NYT and others gonna be mad.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 02:52 PM
:lol backlash for not falsely impeaching the president from their own party.
:lol NYT and others gonna be mad.
I’m not saying it has a high likelihood of happening, I’m saying something like that would likely flip the senate.

koriwhat
11-08-2018, 03:12 PM
i hope this injury pushes her to retirement. bitch is 85 yrs old and shouldn't be deciding our future anyhow. she can't even stay awake on the bench half the time either. out with the old!

i can't wait to see a repeat of that shit show by the liberals called "New Supreme Court Appointee Hearing".

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 03:17 PM
i hope this injury pushes her to retirement. bitch is 85 yrs old and shouldn't be deciding our future anyhow. she can't even stay awake on the bench half the time either. out with the old!

i can't wait to see a repeat of that shit show by the liberals called "New Supreme Court Appointee Hearing".
yup. half the time. totally

Pavlov
11-08-2018, 03:32 PM

i can't wait to see a repeat of that shit show by the liberals called "New Supreme Court Appointee Hearing".How many SCOTUS sessions have you personally attended to see her asleep in them?

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 03:35 PM

She isn't going to retire. Like McCain, she will cling to her job title until death.

Breyer, on the other hand, has said in the past that he intends to retire eventually and doesn't care who is in power when he decides to do it.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 03:45 PM
A hard right Republican asshole is who you'd get in his place. I'll take Manchin.

but yeah, Dems have to be thankful that Manchin has been able to win a senate seat multiple times in a state where most of the people think procreation with your full-blooded sibling is better than procreating interracially.

Millennial_Messiah
11-08-2018, 03:46 PM
She isn't going to retire. Like McCain, she will cling to her job title until death.

Breyer, on the other hand, has said in the past that he intends to retire eventually and doesn't care who is in power when he decides to do it.

That surprises me, as Breyer has always been the anti-Scalia. He's wrote many documents on why the consistution should be a living, expandable document. I had to write a 5-page paper freshman semester of college on why Breyer's ideology was superior to Scalia's (professor was very liberal).

Spurtacular
11-08-2018, 04:17 PM
i hope this injury pushes her to retirement. bitch is 85 yrs old and shouldn't be deciding our future anyhow. she can't even stay awake on the bench half the time...

It doesn't take much faculty to be a liberal zombie judge.

rmt
11-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Funny how me wanting SS age to be 70 is criticized in another thread but RBG holding on till 87 is fervently wished for in this thread.

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Funny how me wanting SS age to be 70 is criticized in another thread but RBG holding on till 87 is fervently wished for in this thread.

Oh yeah it's a fucking riot LOL

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 05:32 PM

Why do you want it to be 70?

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 05:35 PM
i'm not seeing the connection. if she wants to work until she's 90 good for her. what does that have to do with social security?

rmt
11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Why do you want it to be 70?

I'm not stuck on 70 - it's just the next round number - I think it's currently 67? for those born after 1960? I just think it should be raised - we are all living longer - I don't think the program was originally intended to fund people for so long.

boutons_deux
11-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Notorious RBG has a job

The vast majority of seniors 65+ have been laid off by agism, and have trouble finding jobs that pay them a living wage AND pay their Medicare copays / co-insurance and pills

rmt
11-08-2018, 05:44 PM
i'm not seeing the connection. if she wants to work until she's 90 good for her. what does that have to do with social security?

why stop at 70? Why not 75? how about 80? maybe make it so you have to be dead

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 05:48 PM
what does that have to do with RBG wanting to work longer?

rmt
11-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Also, I think you are penalized if you continue to work and collect SS (cannot delay starting past 70) at the same time. It's also the age that you must start taking required minimum distributions from 401k.

boutons_deux
11-08-2018, 05:58 PM

rmt typifies the ignorance-based confusion and faulty so-called thinking by the rightwingnutjob crowd

CitizenDwayne
11-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Both topics deal with old people. Therefore they belong in the same thread

rmt
11-08-2018, 06:04 PM

I don't think some posters care what RBG WANTS:

rmt
11-08-2018, 06:10 PM
I am mocked for wanting to raise SS age (to 70), but some posters want RBG to work until there's a Dem President and Senate (and she's 87-89).

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 06:11 PM
I am mocked for wanting to raise SS age (to 70), but some posters want RBG to work until there's a Dem President and Senate (and she's 87-89).
Are you trying to argue RBG is an accurate representation for how long people work?

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Are you trying to argue RBG is an accurate representation for how long people work?
or that if she opts to work for 90 years then everybody else should be forced to be 90 years old before collecting SS checks?

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 06:14 PM
she can opt to work however long she wants. she can work till she's 110.

that doesnt mean the whole population needs to have their retirement age to be mandated at 110 years.

i'm not against raising SS age (having it indexed to average life expectancy in some way)... but its ludicrous to tie that argument to somebody who opts to work longer than others

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm not stuck on 70 - it's just the next round number - I think it's currently 67? for those born after 1960? I just think it should be raised - we are all living longer - I don't think the program was originally intended to fund people for so long.

That doesn't explain why you want it to be 70. Unless you just don't like people getting a ss check.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 06:16 PM
she can opt to work however long she wants. she can work till she's 110.

that doesnt mean the whole population needs to have their retirement age to be mandated at 110 years.

i'm not against raising SS age (having it indexed to average life expectancy in some way)... but its ludicrous to tie that argument to somebody who opts to work longer than others
Oh so you don’t think that the anecdotal example of one person working into her mid 80s should mandate what the age for SS is? :lol

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 06:17 PM
i'm not against raising SS age (having it indexed to average life expectancy in some way)...

Why would you be for it?

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 06:20 PM
rmt really is the female Wild Cobra :lol

rmt
11-08-2018, 06:21 PM
I don't care how long RBG works - she should work as long as she WANTS - not based on which side has presidency and senate. It's just the hypocrisy on this board. When I mention raising the SS age (in order to save the program as it's predicted to have reduced benefits in 2028?), I am mocked. But when some posters are ragging on RBG because she didn't retire earlier or want her to hang on until there is a Dem president and senate, nary a word of criticism.

Will Hunting
11-08-2018, 06:22 PM
I don't care how long RBG works - she should work as long as she WANTS - not based on which side has presidency and senate. It's just the hypocrisy on this board. When I mention raising the SS age (in order to save the program as it's predicted to have reduced benefits in 2028?), I am mocked. But when some posters are ragging on RBG because she didn't retire earlier or want her to hang on until there is a Dem president and senate, nary a word of criticism.
You’ve yet to explain what one has to do with the other.

Blake
11-08-2018, 06:24 PM

Do they carry granny smith oranges in your world

rmt
11-08-2018, 06:26 PM

My world is just fine, but (sometimes) the echo chamber in here makes me weary.

AaronY
11-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Boutons wants to lower the social security age to 35 iirc

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Why would you be for it?
i think it should generally be indexed against life expectancy in some way. they chose 65 as the age of retirement at a time when life expectancy was 61 :lol... as of 2017 life expectancy was at 79

now i'm not saying it should be exactly scaled to what it was in the 30's, but i do think those changes should be reflected better than they have now

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 06:41 PM
rmt really is the female Wild Cobra :lol

That's because it's Wild Cobra's troll.

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 07:03 PM
When I mention raising the SS age (in order to save the program as it's predicted to have reduced benefits in 2028?)

Well you're saying you want to reduce benefits now so as not to reduce benefits later. But why reduce benefits at all when raising the income cap and slightly increasing payroll tax (like a 2% increase spread out over the next 20 years, that's 1 % for employee and 1% for employer) would set the program up for the next 100+ years.

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Well you're saying you want to reduce benefits now so as not to reduce benefits later. But why reduce benefits at all when raising the income cap and slightly increasing payroll tax (like a 2% increase spread out over the next 20 years, that's 1 % for employee and 1% for employer) would set the program up for the next 100+ years.
this guy thinks raising taxes can solve a problem

what a loon

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 07:16 PM
i think it should generally be indexed against life expectancy in some way. they chose 65 as the age of retirement at a time when life expectancy was 61 :lol... as of 2017 life expectancy was at 79

now i'm not saying it should be exactly scaled to what it was in the 30's, but i do think those changes should be reflected better than they have now

That's some bs certain types (libertarians) on my side like to spout. That's life expectancy from birth. The big increase in lifespan is due to people being more likely to survive childhood. Things haven't changed all that much for lifespan after reaching adulthood.

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 07:17 PM
this guy thinks raising taxes can solve a problem

what a loon

I think the middle class needs to pay more, I've been consistent about that for years.

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 07:21 PM
That's some bs certain types (libertarians) on my side like to spout. That's life expectancy from birth. The big increase in lifespan is due to people being more likely to survive childhood. Things haven't changed all that much for lifespan after reaching adulthood.
what are the numbers for that, out of curiosity?

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 07:23 PM
SnakeBoy (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12109) this seems to have some good numbers

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2014/10/us_life_expectancy_for_65-year.html

as of 2014, a 65 year old is expected to reach 84.3 years... whereas a 65 year old in 1950 was expected to reach 77.8

thats still close to a 7 year difference. paying somebody SS for 13 years as opposed to 20 years is a pretty big deal... thats a 50% increase

AaronY
11-08-2018, 08:02 PM
SnakeBoy (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12109) this seems to have some good numbers

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2014/10/us_life_expectancy_for_65-year.html

as of 2014, a 65 year old is expected to reach 84.3 years... whereas a 65 year old in 1950 was expected to reach 77.8

thats still close to a 7 year difference. paying somebody SS for 13 years as opposed to 20 years is a pretty big deal... thats a 50% increase
What about boutons plan to lower the age to 35?

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 08:05 PM
:lol

AaronY
11-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Boutons America:

0-18 public school. no working during it because low paying teenager jobs benefit the oligarchy
19-26 (yes 26..take your time) free college
27-34 try to find a $25 an hour minimum or better job if you can be bothered to get out of the house if not UBI because hey unemployment is 3% so why the hell not
35 full social security

DMC
11-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Boutons America:

0-18 public school. no working during it because low paying teenager jobs benefit the oligarchy
27-34 try to find a $25 an hour minimum or better job if you can be bothered to get out of the house if not UBI because hey unemployment is 3% so why the hell not
35 full social security

40 get laid for first time

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Can you still collect that in addition to the UBI?

baseline bum
11-08-2018, 08:32 PM

spurraider21
11-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Boutons America:

35 full social security
the name of D'Souza's next movie

DMC
11-08-2018, 08:33 PM

Mostly not an echo chamber, it's just that one person has many alts.

boutons_deux
11-08-2018, 09:02 PM
there are many other ways to "save" the doesnt-need-saving SS other than enslaving old people into shitty, poverty-wage jobs.

ducks
11-08-2018, 09:48 PM
It also does not mean opening the boarder and letting more people in

Chucho
11-08-2018, 09:59 PM
40 get laid for first time

rmt
11-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Mostly not an echo chamber, it's just that one person has many alts.

Who is this person (or more) and many alts?

pgardn
11-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers

Thoughts and prayers for you and your sincere Christian default thoughts and prayers.

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 11:26 PM

Well 5 year difference since the age is 67 now. Anyway the point was that it's a myth about social security used to start after most people died.

Making up for the extra 5 years with revenues isn't much of an impact on people's livelihood and it's a program most of them are going to be extremely dependent on someday so I think it's better to not cut benefits instead of telling grandma and grandpa keep working ya lazy asses.

Also any change in retirement age isn't going to affect boomers and they're the ones fucking the rest of us over. Best plan really is to just leave social security alone until 2030 and then fuck over Gen Alpha.

Th'Pusher
11-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Well 5 year difference since the age is 67 now. Anyway the point was that it's a myth about social security used to start after most people died.

Making up for the extra 5 years with revenues isn't much of an impact on people's livelihood and it's a program most of them are going to be extremely dependent on someday so I think it's better to not cut benefits instead of telling grandma and grandpa keep working ya lazy asses.

Also any change in retirement age isn't going to affect boomers and they're the ones fucking the rest of us over. Best plan really is to just leave social security alone until 2030 and then fuck over Gen Alpha.

So you’re calling CC and ignorant motherfucker...

SnakeBoy
11-08-2018, 11:54 PM
So you’re calling CC and ignorant motherfucker...

Idk what that means

ElNono
11-09-2018, 12:03 AM

Trump is the oldest elected president ever, tbh... you don't seem to have a problem with his age.

ElNono
11-09-2018, 12:08 AM

Not sure it's here, it's probably the voices in your head...

Spurtacular
11-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Anyone working into their mid 80's and longer to appease butt-hurt snowflake liberals.... SMH :lmao

rmt
11-09-2018, 05:16 AM

I'm against ANY increase in taxes - imo, money is better in my pocket than the government's.

pgardn
11-09-2018, 09:51 AM
I'm against ANY increase in taxes - imo, money is better in my pocket than the government's.

Then stop driving on government roads. Stop worrying about the government trying to keep the borders secure. You want me to keep going?

Winehole23
11-09-2018, 11:26 AM
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is “up and working” and making jokes after being hospitalized with rib fractures, her nephew said on Thursday at the premiere of a new movie about her early career fighting for women’s equality.

Daniel Stiepleman, who wrote the script for the film “On the Basis of Sex” about his aunt’s work as a young lawyer, with input from the justice herself, told Reuters the 85-year-old Ginsburg was “doing great.”
Read more: htt (https://forward.com/fast-forward/413942/ruth-bader-ginsburg-up-and-working-after-breaking-ribs-nephew-says/)ps://forward.com/fast-forward/413942/ruth-bader-ginsburg-up-and-working-after-breaking-ribs-nephew-says/ (https://forward.com/fast-forward/413942/ruth-bader-ginsburg-up-and-working-after-breaking-ribs-nephew-says/)

boutons_deux
11-09-2018, 11:40 AM
colon cancer, won

pancreatic cancer, won. WTF? (95% mortality at 5 years)

heart procedure, won

ribs broken, ok

ribs broken again, "doing great"

SnakeBoy
11-09-2018, 02:27 PM
colon cancer, won

pancreatic cancer, won. WTF? (95% mortality at 5 years)

heart procedure, won

ribs broken, ok

ribs broken again, "doing great"

She's lucky to live in a country with such great healthcare

koriwhat
11-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Trump is the oldest elected president ever, tbh... you don't seem to have a problem with his age.

is he 85+? she's been done for a long while now and sleeping even once on the bench should result in her firing. do the job we pay you to do or gtfo!

koriwhat
11-09-2018, 03:16 PM
She's lucky to live in a country with such great healthcare

lmao

rmt
11-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Then stop driving on government roads. Stop worrying about the government trying to keep the borders secure. You want me to keep going?

Maybe you're under the impression that I don't pay my fair share of taxes. The government gets PLENTY - stop wasting it and cut spending like the rest of us who live without our means.

You may keep going as long as you want - makes no difference to me. Those borders need to be secure so that OUR tax dollars don't go toward foreigners before Americans.

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Maybe you're under the impression that I don't pay my fair share of taxes. The government gets PLENTY - stop wasting it and cut spending like the rest of us who live without our means.lol you work for the government.

rmt
11-09-2018, 05:00 PM
lol you work for the government.

Have you nothing else or anything constructive to say?

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Have you nothing else or anything constructive to say?What else needs to be said?

Winehole23
11-09-2018, 05:09 PM
She's lucky to live in a country with such great healthcareon a sliding scale: the more you can afford, the better it is.

SnakeBoy
11-09-2018, 05:09 PM
lol you work for the government.

What's that got to do with it?

SnakeBoy
11-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Maybe you're under the impression that I don't pay my fair share of taxes.

What's your household income?

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 05:10 PM
What's that got to do with it?It's ironic that someone who rails against the gubmit is so dependent upon gubmit.

SnakeBoy
11-09-2018, 05:18 PM
It's ironic that someone who rails against the gubmit is so dependent upon gubmit.

I don't see the irony, it's not like she's on welfare complaining about govt spending.

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 05:19 PM
I don't see the ironyOf course you don't.

No one could possibly expect you to see it.

rmt
11-09-2018, 05:24 PM
It's ironic that someone who rails against the gubmit is so dependent upon gubmit.

You should not assume that I am dependent on government. I would hazard that my family would be better off financially if I stayed home and day-traded (no SS/Medicare and lower taxes) but at this stage of life, some things are more important than money like stimulating my brain and enjoying the company of friends.

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 05:25 PM
You should not assume that I am dependent on government.I do assume that.

rmt
11-09-2018, 05:26 PM
I do assume that.

Well, your assumption is incorrect.

Pavlov
11-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Well, your assumption is incorrect.Sure it is....

Spurtacular
11-11-2018, 07:41 PM
^^^

:lmao Sociopath calling his assumptions truth.

boutons_deux
11-11-2018, 07:49 PM
on a sliding scale: the more you can afford, the better it is.

at the bottom of the scale, you die sooner

if you're black, you get less aggressive treatment for cancer

CosmicCowboy
11-11-2018, 08:25 PM
at the bottom of the scale, you die sooner

if you're black, you get less aggressive treatment for cancer

Source that claim.

Winehole23
11-11-2018, 08:59 PM
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3849720/

Winehole23
11-11-2018, 09:00 PM
took me 10 seconds, CC. you're not even trying.

pgardn
11-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Maybe you're under the impression that I don't pay my fair share of taxes. The government gets PLENTY - stop wasting it and cut spending like the rest of us who live without our means.

You may keep going as long as you want - makes no difference to me. Those borders need to be secure so that OUR tax dollars don't go toward foreigners before Americans.

No im not. I’m under the impression you think tax dollars are wasted because you know how to spend your money because you said so.
To make our borders secure requires tax dollars.

boutons_deux
11-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Source that claim.

you fuck with The Great Boutons, you get bitch slapped

pgardn
11-11-2018, 09:16 PM
you fuck with The Great Boutons, you get bitch slapped

By Winehole...

boutons_deux
11-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Conclusions and RelevanceIn the United States between 2001 and 2014,

higher income was associated with greater longevity, and differences in life expectancy across income groups increased.

However, the association between life expectancy and income varied substantially across areas; differences in longevity across income groups decreased in some areas and increased in others.

The differences in life expectancy were correlated with health behaviors and local area characteristics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4866586/

that's longevity, I expect diseases also correlated with income, with even greater divergence, and with age.

boutons_deux
11-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Americans longevity is below that that over industrial countries,

How fucking ever

Americans who make it 65 and get access to Medicare, their longevity matches the avg of other industrial countries.

iow, so-called healthcare for profit kills people who can't pay for it.

fucking manslaughter that enriches Capitalists

boutons_deux
07-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Justice Ginsburg:

"There was a senator, I think it was after my pancreatic cancer, who announced,

with great glee,

that I was going to be dead within six months.

That senator, whose name I have forgotten :lol ouch!,

is now dead himself,

and I am very much alive."

hoo wuzit?

"On Saturday, (Jim, KY) Bunning told the Hardin County Republican Party that Ginsburg had

"bad cancer. The kind you don't get better from."

"Even though she was operated on, usually, nine months is the longest that anybody would live" after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer,

Bunning told the local party's annual Lincoln Day Dinner."

As fate would have it, Bunning died in 2017 (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/27/sports/baseball/jim-bunning-hall-of-fame-pitcher-and-blunt-spoken-senator-dies-at-85.html) after suffering from a stroke. :lol

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/24/1874215/-Sick-sick-burn-from-RBG?detail=emaildkre

baseline bum
07-25-2019, 09:29 AM

Spurtacular
07-25-2019, 08:47 PM
She dead yet?

Winehole23
07-25-2019, 09:28 PM
She dead yet?you only wish

Spurtacular
07-25-2019, 09:36 PM
you only wish

I don't go around wishing death on people. But I will gladly admit that America will likely be better for her leaving.

Winehole23
07-25-2019, 09:55 PM
"I don't wish death on people, but I wish RBG was dead."

Reck
07-25-2019, 10:03 PM
I don't go around wishing death on people. But I will gladly admit that America will likely be better for her leaving.

Same piece of shit that was glad a baby was stillborn.

Spurtacular
07-25-2019, 10:33 PM
Same piece of shit that was glad a baby was stillborn.

You pro life? How many millions have you supported killing now?

:lmao Eunuch

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 03:36 AM
You pro life?You aren't. You celebrated the death of an unborn baby.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 11:36 AM
You aren't. You celebrated the death of an unborn baby.

So, you're admitting it died?

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 11:43 AM
So, you're admitting it died?You're admitting you celebrated.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 11:59 AM
You're admitting you celebrated.

You admitting it died?

Yes or no.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:12 PM
You admitting it died?

Yes or no.I said death, derp. You celebrated the death of an unborn child. What part do you not understand?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:29 PM
I said death, derp. You celebrated the death of an unborn child. What part do you not understand?

Okay, then you're for the systematic murdering of millions each year.

:lmao Compulsive psychopav swallowing a hard L.

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 12:31 PM
You pro life? How many millions have you supported killing now?

:lmao Eunuch

ionic right? lmao!

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Okay, then you're for the systematic murdering of millions each year.

:lmao Compulsive psychopav swallowing a hard L.Okay, then you admit celebrating the death of unborn children.:tu

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 12:32 PM
So, you're admitting it died?

weird... i thought it was a clump of cells or not viable and is just a leech that is until it's out of the womb? hmm...

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:36 PM
weird... i thought it was a clump of cells or not viable and is just a leech that is until it's out of the womb? hmm...If you want to get technical about it, is it murder if a fertilized egg is not allowed to attach to the uterine wall?

Is it murder when fertilized eggs are discarded after the mother decides not to have any more implanted in her?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Okay, then you admit celebrating the death of unborn children.:tu

I've already admitted that that particular happenstance is better for humanity. Contrast that with you admitting you're all in on genocide.

:rollin

:lmao Compulsive psychopav.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:39 PM
If you want to get technical about it, is it murder if a fertilized egg is not allowed to attach to the uterine wall?

Is it murder when fertilized eggs are discarded after the mother decides not to have any more implanted in her?

Grasping at straws.

:lol Desperate

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:40 PM
I've already admitted that that particular happenstance is better for humanity.You celebrated the death of an unborn child.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Grasping at straws.

:lol Desperatederp folds

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:41 PM
derp folds

You lost the hand, bruh.

Nice try.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:42 PM
You lost the hand, bruh.

Nice try.derp, you can't double down on folding

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:43 PM
derp, you can't double down on folding

Blake Zero

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:43 PM
Blake Zerobuzzword fold

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:44 PM
buzzword fold

Chump trying to X post his way out. Par.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Chump trying to X post his way out. Par.derp trying to buzzword his way out of folding

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 12:50 PM
derp trying to buzzword his way out of folding

Y pages of Z fluff won't erase your genocidal support.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 12:52 PM
Y pages of Z fluff won't erase your genocidal support.Pages of buzzwords won't erase your celebrating the death of the unborn.

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 12:53 PM
jesus take the wheel!

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:07 PM
Pages of buzzwords won't erase your celebrating the death of the unborn.

Genocidal Chump wants to blabber his way out. Par.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Genocidal Chump wants to blabber his way out. Par.buzzwords

You celebrated the death of an unborn child.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:13 PM
buzzwords

You celebrated the death of an unborn child.

This claim doesn't erase your genocidal support.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:15 PM
This claim doesn't erase your genocidal support.Your claim doesn't erase your celebrating the death of the unborn.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:22 PM
Your claim doesn't erase your celebrating the death of the unborn.

You still love your genocide.

That is all.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:22 PM
You still love your genocide.

That is all.You still celebrate the death of the unborn.

That is all.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:25 PM
You still celebrate the death of the unborn.

That is all.

Celebrate is your spin. In either event, I'm not bothered.

You support genocide. That's a whole other ballpark.

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 01:25 PM
this back and forth is lame.

pav, you support murdering babies and you said so above. point blank.

spurt, you applauded that whale losing her unborn child. point blank.

wgaf in the end anyhow? what are yalls end game?

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Celebrate is your spin. In either event, I'm not bothered.:lol you've been trying to spin and distract ever since you celebrated the death of that unborn child.

Of course you're bothered.

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 01:28 PM
:lol you've been trying to spin and distract ever since you celebrated the death of that unborn child.

so you're pro-life not pro-choice. got it!

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:30 PM
so you're pro-life not pro-choice. got it!I'm pro abortion rights at least until incel prudes get real about sex education and contraception.

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 01:32 PM
I'm pro abortion rights at least until incel prudes get real about sex education and contraception.

no, you are pro-life due to your new stance up above. own it pav!

btw, who are these incel prudes you speak of exactly?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:32 PM
:lol you've been trying to spin and distract ever since you celebrated the death of that unborn child.

Whatever distracts you from your genocide, I guess.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:33 PM
I'm pro abortion rights at least until incel prudes get real about sex education and contraception.

:lmao Genocidal Chump has his good reasons. :lmao

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Whatever distracts you from your genocide, I guess.:lol you're still bothered

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:39 PM
:lmao Genocidal Chump has his good reasons. :lmaoIf a 13 year old girl aborted, what would you want to be her legal penalty, derp?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:39 PM
:lol you're still bothered

Quite the opposite. I've made that clear. But psychopav truth from genocidal chump and all.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Quite the opposite. I've made that clear. But psychopav truth from genocidal chump and all.The only reason you're talking genocide is to distract from your celebrating the death of the unborn.

That's being bothered.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:40 PM
If a 13 year old girl aborted, what would you want to be her legal penalty, derp?

Is said 13-year-old girl's life at risk?

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Is said 13-year-old girl's life at risk?That matters now?

Let's say no.

What would you want to be her legal penalty, derp?

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 01:41 PM
The only reason you're talking genocide is to distract from your celebrating the death of the unborn.

That's being bothered.

whether or not that's the case with spurt he does bring up a good argument. i mean, you said so in your own words just a few posts up. what exactly are you arguing about?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:42 PM
The only reason you're talking genocide is to distract from your celebrating the death of the unborn.

That's being bothered.

I've owned my stance on McCain. Hell, I'm the one who brought it forth independently.

You on the other hand are clearly struggling with your genocidal shame.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:42 PM
That matters now?

Let's say no.

What would you want to be her legal penalty, derp?

Then no. I don't look for cheap reasons for murder like you do.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:43 PM
I've owned my stance on McCain.No, your stance on the unborn child whose death you celebrated.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Then no. I don't look for cheap reasons for murder like you do.Then no what?

She aborted. Her life was not in danger.

What do you want her legal penalty to be?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:44 PM
No, your stance on the unborn child whose death you celebrated.

Chumpbot :lol

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Then no what?

No more than the current penalties on murder by minors (assuming she is the one who is guilty).

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 01:46 PM
Then no what?

more hypothetical scenarios pav?

Reck
07-26-2019, 01:46 PM
Chumpbot :lol

Talking about bots...do you ever sleep? Like at all?

I done told you were going to keep posting onto the AM and here you are still posting well past it. :lol

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:47 PM
No more than the current penalties on murder by minors (assuming she is the one who is guilty).Wow. Going pretty easy on genocide there. Soft derp.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Talking about bots...do you ever sleep? Like at all?

I done told you were going to keep posting onto the AM and here you are still posting well past it. :lolbuzzword incoming

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:48 PM
more hypothetical scenarios pav?

He's a scavenger looking for morsels. He thinks that'll somehow erase the feast on his genocidal shame. :lol

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:49 PM
Wow. Going pretty easy on genocide there. Soft derp.

In your zeal to turn tables / buzzword it, you misuse the word genocide. :lol

koriwhat
07-26-2019, 01:50 PM
He's a scavenger looking for morsels. He thinks that'll somehow erase the feast on his genocidal shame. :lol

today has been an interesting back and forth with pav. very telling of someone slipping further and further into psychosis. :lmao

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:51 PM
In your zeal to turn tables / buzzword it, you misuse genocide. :lolBut it's just a bunch of individuals making decisions to end pregnancies on their own.

Looks like you misused genocide in your zeal tbh.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:51 PM
today has been an interesting back and forth with pav. very telling of someone slipping further and further into psychosis. :lmao

Might be poignant insight. Even five to ten years ago he may have been more akin to a pest than someone so deranged.

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 01:53 PM
But it's just a bunch of individuals making decisions to end pregnancies on their own.

Looks like you misused genocide in your zeal tbh.

We were talking about a single case of murder. There was no qualification for genocide in the context.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 01:54 PM
We were talking about a single case of murder.This is what every abortion is according to you
There was no qualification for genocide in the context.Then why do you keep using that word?

Spurtacular
07-26-2019, 02:01 PM
This is what every abortion is according to youThen why do you keep using that word?

Grasping at straws again. Par.

Pavlov
07-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Grasping at straws again. Par.No, I'm asking you why you keep using the word genocide when you admit it's not genocide.