PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 1 of 7 teams interested in Rozier

SpursBig3s
11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
What do y'all think? Saw it posted on facebook, there is a small little blurb on SI.com about it. Probably not true, but if so... discuss

SpursBig3s
11-08-2018, 11:09 AM
from SI.com

"The Ringer's
Bill Simmons suggested (https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1060211800002637824)
the Phoenix Suns and Orlando Magic make sense as possible destinations with San Antonio as an interesting possibility."

SuperCam
11-08-2018, 11:09 AM
He's a scrub. just as bad a shooter is fatty and forbes.

NASpurs
11-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Stopped reading at Bill Simmons. Should had probably stopped at the Ringers.

Leetonidas
11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Undersized SG masquerading as PG who wants big money. No thanks

RD2191
11-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Undersized SG masquerading as PG who wants big money. No thanks

Mills? Forbes?

SpursDynasty85
11-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Sounds like rumors with no legs to me. People look at the Spurs losing their Pgs and tie them to interesting pg prospects but Spurs desperately need wing defenders. Spurs were heavy on gaurds already.

Dex
11-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Mills? Forbes?

Mills overpay is already water under the bridge, and in no universe is Forbes making big money.

Chinook
11-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Sounds like rumors with no legs to me. People look at the Spurs losing their Pgs and tie them to interesting pg prospects but Spurs desperately need wing defenders. Spurs were heavy on gaurds already.

Indeed. First off, the thread's title is misleading. SI says that that's what Simmons believes, not what someone legit told him. Secondly, Simmons, like Lowe, is not a news guy. He's a columnist. He may hear things from time to time, but he doesn't have the type of sources that someone like Woj or Shams has. He's less credible than Jabari Young, though guys here will confuse Young being a heel with him being wrong.

TheGreatYacht
11-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Ainge just said no team has called for their little 35FG% shooting midget.

Fuck the Celtics. Never do business with those faggots again after they didn't even want to give up that Jaylen Brown overhyped scrub.

Ice009
11-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Ainge just said no team has called for their little 35FG% shooting midget.

Fuck the Celtics. Never do business with those faggots again after they didn't even want to give up that Jaylen Brown overhyped scrub.

Yep. Fuck the Celtics, Lakers and 76ers. I hope they all crash this season and really, really regret not putting in legit offers for Kawhi.

phxspurfan
11-08-2018, 01:12 PM
We don't need more undersized combo guards.

Mr. Body
11-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Celtics screwed themselves. They believed their own hype and now they have too many pieces and a good number of them are just okay.

Leetonidas
11-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Mills? Forbes?

Exactly why we don't need another one :lol unless they want Fatty

Hoops Czar
11-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Too bad not one of them are worth a damn.

TheGreatYacht
11-08-2018, 08:52 PM
:lmao

TimDunkem
11-08-2018, 09:16 PM

Exactly. By no means is our guard rotation locked down for the future. DD and Murray notwithstanding, Belli is aging and the rest are either scrubs, or unproven. Personally, I think White is one of those scrubs. Walker might be something if he stays healthy.

With that said, yeah, the sf position is in desperate need of help. We're playing career PF scrub Dante Cunningham major minutes there for fucks sake. :lmao

Now that I think about it, the center position is trashy too. Gasol is an ancient albatross, and Poeltl is an absolute scrub.

Hoops Czar
11-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Exactly. By no means is our guard rotation locked down for the future. DD and Murray notwithstanding, Belli is aging and the rest are either scrubs, or unproven. Personally, I think White is one of those scrubs. Walker might be something if he stays healthy.

With that said, yeah, the sf position is in desperate need of help. We're playing career PF scrub Dante Cunningham major minutes there for fucks sake. :lmao

Now that I think about it, the center position is trashy too. Gasol is an ancient albatross, and Poeltl is an absolute scrub.

Yeah, the Spurs need to tell other organizations to back up the truck and take whatever the hell you want not named DeRozen. This roster is in desperate need of a major overhaul. :lmao at anyone who thinks Forbes and Paddy are blocking the Spurs from improving the guard position. I'm not even a Rosier fan and think he's a bit overrated but he's an absolute beast compared to Forbes, White or Mills.

BD24
11-08-2018, 10:21 PM
he is a decent player, but someone is going to get hosed trading for him...would rather it not be the spurs.

Spurtacular
11-09-2018, 01:17 AM
Rozier is likely on the market. He strikes me as a bit of a malcontent; not Brad Stevens material.

gambit1990
11-09-2018, 01:35 AM
really haven’t seen him play... he was definitely hyped last postseason...

i hate the celtics solely because of cryrie... boston’s too smart to want something the spurs would give up.

TimmyBuckets
11-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Not happening whatsoever.

RC_Drunkford
11-09-2018, 05:43 AM

The whole team is trash tbh. I'd trade anybody besides DeRozan, LA, Murray and Walker

JeffDuncan
11-09-2018, 08:14 AM
... I'd trade anybody besides DeRozan, LA, Murray and Walker

Ditto.

If I were running the show - and we're all truly blessed that I'm not - I'd spend the rest of this season focused on padding DDR's stats. Just hand him the keys. Having a star player is so important in so many ways, and boosting DDR is something realistic that the team could actually do.

Mirrornick
11-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Saltics fans already turning on Brad Stevens lmao. And no I think Rozier is not the solution.

Dverde
11-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Not happening whatsoever.

Yup, just like Jimmy Butler

duncan2k5
11-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Some of u clearly have never seen rozier play...

Fusternino
11-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Would prefer Marcus Smart. Good assist numbers.

ernest787
11-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Smart is not a good shooter either and will jack up 5 threes a game just because he can.

TimDunkem
11-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Spurs can't and won't trade for Rozier, but he would easily be the 2nd best guard on this team.

sananspursfan21
11-09-2018, 01:45 PM
he is a decent player, but someone is going to get hosed trading for him...would rather it not be the spurs.

This. He’d be worth a fair contract in free agency or something but I wouldn’t get into trade talks over him. Celts would probably want Gay and like 3 first rounders or something

lmbebo
11-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Ainge will want assets galore for him. Why get into that game. He will get what he wants or wait. He's a RFA this summer? Celtics have power. At moment Rozier is insurance incase Irving does indeed bolt this summer.

John B
11-10-2018, 07:49 AM
We need a legit 3nD not an undersized guard.