PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Jayson Tatum is overrated

KobeScored81
11-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Lol ppl think that guy is the next great star ..
hes an overrated bust and Kuzma is already better and will have the better career

dont @ me

he also spells his name stupid af. Jayson? Foh

Joseph Kony
11-09-2018, 09:44 PM
:lmao laker fan is the last person who should be talking about drafting overrated busts

Mr. Body
11-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Kuzma ain't better. They're both overrated, at least.

KobeScored81
11-09-2018, 10:53 PM
:lmao laker fan is the last person who should be talking about drafting overrated busts

Says the “sonics” fan ������

Killakobe81
11-09-2018, 11:55 PM
I think longterm he will be better than Mitchell or anyone else from that class.. But he Is overrated. Some were projecting him as a top 10 player already

D.B. Cooper
11-10-2018, 12:13 AM
a couple bad plays by JT at the end there tonight

Kyle_Kuzma
11-10-2018, 12:25 AM
even fultz is shooting better than this nigga :lol

kob sabotaging the celtics. salute

Bynumite
11-10-2018, 12:37 AM
You can at least see the potential in Tatum. On the other hand, Jaylen Brown is a flat out chucker but some people talk about him like he is this great prospect.

4-17 vs Utah tonight, down 20 but staring down Gobert after a dunk :lol

Just saw a bit of an interview where he said he was gonna have 5 rings by the time he's 28. By the time he's 28, he's gonna be chucking up in Sacramento, that's a more realistic scenario :lol

Kyle_Kuzma
11-10-2018, 12:42 AM
You can at least see the potential in Tatum. On the other hand, Jaylen Brown is a flat out chucker but some people talk about him like he is this great prospect.

Just saw a bit of an interview where he said he was gonna have 5 rings by the time he's 28. By the time he's 28, he's gonna be chucking up in Sacramento, that's a more realistic scenario :lol
yeah, dude and rozier will not finish the season with the celtics. ainge selling high.

Robz4000
11-10-2018, 01:39 AM
:lol the ass hurt in this thread

Broly
11-10-2018, 03:11 AM
Is Kyrie holding Tatum back?

Spurtacular
11-10-2018, 03:55 AM

It amazes me how brazen the tweets of these organization sometimes are these days. They make it very personal. Needlessly, imo.

KobeScored81
11-10-2018, 05:02 AM
even fultz is shooting better than this nigga :lol

kob sabotaging the celtics. salute

Hell ya Kobe made him worse. I love it

Spurtacular
11-10-2018, 05:06 AM
:lol Fultz stat line 8.9 pts, 4.1 reb, 3.6 asts
:lol Fultz 2-5 FG tonight for 7 pts.

I had figured he was putting up all-star numbers based on a tweet like that.

Texas_Ranger
11-10-2018, 06:50 AM
Fultz pretty much sucks for a #1 pick. Those stats are solid for a late first or an early second rounder.

Tatum so far hasn't show any improvements from last year. I think Hayward is the biggest problem in that team and should be traded.

StinkyWeezleteats
11-10-2018, 08:53 AM

I was just about to post this. Thanks, bruh

Mr. Body
11-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Fultz pretty much sucks for a #1 pick. Those stats are solid for a late first or an early second rounder.

Tatum so far hasn't show any improvements from last year. I think Hayward is the biggest problem in that team and should be traded.

Doesn't Hayward make like $33 million a year or something? He's not going anywhere. I'm not even sure he was worth that money before the injury.

DMC
11-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Doesn't Hayward make like $33 million a year or something? He's not going anywhere. I'm not even sure he was worth that money before the injury.

Clean cut white boy who can play some basketball? You bet. Gotta fill the baseline seats somehow.

Texas_Ranger
11-10-2018, 02:10 PM

yea, he'll make almost 100M in the next 3 years. Also, his last year is a player option. LOL Celtics

R. DeMurre
11-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Ainge still robbed Philly. Tatum is better than Fultz and Ball, and the Celts have yet another first round draft pick coming.

Killakobe81
11-10-2018, 02:35 PM
a couple bad plays by JT at the end there tonight

And that's OK part of his development still think he the best player of that draft... Doesnt mean he is not overrated..right now... But will be a star in time. He is young for a 2nd year guy

Mr. Body
11-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Ainge still robbed Philly. Tatum is better than Fultz and Ball, and the Celts have yet another first round draft pick coming.

Tatum is good. He's not the surefire superstar all the Beantown fuckwads were making him out to be. Drafts are crap shoots. Meanwhile, Rozier and especially Brown are looking much worse than people expected. The jury is out on Fultz. Ball has some skills but probably needs to get moved. Brooklyn pulled a guy who's better than all of them, meanwhile, in Caris LaVert, late in the first round.

ambchang
11-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Tatum is most definitely overrated. Less so than Ball or Kuzma though.

Killakobe81
11-10-2018, 03:18 PM

I agree with you

Spurtacular
11-10-2018, 03:49 PM

If Hayward needs to be traded, that doesn't say much for Tatum. Hayward is a willing passer and creator. He spreads the floor as well. He's not going to find a better fellow wing.

Spurtacular
11-10-2018, 03:53 PM

Clean cut white boy who can play some basketball? You bet. Gotta fill the baseline seats somehow.

He may or may not return to his previous level of play. It's too early to say. He probably should've delayed his return for 2-3 months into the season and did more strength and conditioning before returning to game play.

Killakobe81
11-10-2018, 03:59 PM

Agree

Killakobe81
11-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Tatum is good. He's not the surefire superstar all the Beantown fuckwads were making him out to be. Drafts are crap shoots. Meanwhile, Rozier and especially Brown are looking much worse than people expected. The jury is out on Fultz. Ball has some skills but probably needs to get moved. Brooklyn pulled a guy who's better than all of them, meanwhile, in Caris LaVert, late in the first round.

Agreed again, great points.

Raven
11-10-2018, 04:36 PM

call me when any of the lakers young "prospects" does a dunk like that, and that was a couple of minutes after Gobert stared him down himself.. Not to mention, Brown is routinely among the 3-10 best defenders in the league..

Raven
11-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Is Kyrie holding Tatum back?
looking at the games, i'd say it's more about him forcing post ups / going into the paint. So i'd say the kirby solution worked as it should have. You get bad advice, it will set you back.

Mr. Body
11-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Stevens has a garbage offense. That hurts, too.

Bynumite
11-10-2018, 09:14 PM
call me when any of the lakers young "prospects" does a dunk like that, and that was a couple of minutes after Gobert stared him down himself.. Not to mention, Brown is routinely among the 3-10 best defenders in the league..

PPG 11.7, FG% .368

If he wore a purple and gold uniform he would be labeled a huge bust. When your go to argument is Brown's dunking ability, it's not a cause worth fighting for :lol

Killakobe81
11-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Brown is athletic AF but is already nicked up and did not take the leap I expected by now same as Ingram he shows flashes and is a better defender than BI but im no longer impressed he is good 3 and D guy lacking a lot of the 3 but a plus athlete. Ingram at least shows more promise as a play maker.

KobeScored81
11-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Brown is athletic AF but is already nicked up and did not take the leap I expected by now same as Ingram he shows flashes and is a better defender than BI but im no longer impressed he is good 3 and D guy lacking a lot of the 3 but a plus athlete. Ingram at least shows more promise as a play maker.

Ingram is not that great I hate to admit it but its true. He lacks explosiveness and his shooting mechanics suck.

Killakobe81
11-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Ingram is not that great I hate to admit it but its true. He lacks explosiveness and his shooting mechanics suck.

His release is slow... Like I said both he and Brown still have a lot to prove...

Kobe'sAchilles
11-11-2018, 09:50 PM
There just haven't been good college prospects in a while. 1 and dones hurt the NBA in the long run. It takes years to develop these kids and that's just time that most teams aren't willing to take. I don't blame the kids for taking money bc you bet your ass that i would in their shoes, but every all star is a veteran and none of these youngsters look like they are going to change the NBA scene anytime soon.

Mr. Body
11-11-2018, 10:01 PM
There just haven't been good college prospects in a while. 1 and dones hurt the NBA in the long run. It takes years to develop these kids and that's just time that most teams aren't willing to take. I don't blame the kids for taking money bc you bet your ass that i would in their shoes, but every all star is a veteran and none of these youngsters look like they are going to change the NBA scene anytime soon.

It's more that most of them go to places like Kentucky, where they learn nothing about actually how to play basketball. Coach K isn't a great developmental coach, either, and he sucks up a lot of five stars now, too, since he started paying them.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-11-2018, 10:19 PM
It's more that most of them go to places like Kentucky, where they learn nothing about actually how to play basketball. Coach K isn't a great developmental coach, either, and he sucks up a lot of five stars now, too, since he started paying them.
You're not wrong about that, but at the same time how much should they really care? I mean they know that these kids are going to leave in like 5 months so how invested are these coaches in them. It isn't that Cal and K don't teach them, it's more that they don't have the desire and the attachment to do so. One and done goes deeper than most think

SuperCam
11-11-2018, 10:43 PM
http://twitter.com/BS_Junkie/status/1061826350691090432

tatum looking pretty elite tbh

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Tatum's 2018 playoff run is better than anything Lonzo or Ingram will ever accomplish in the NBA:lol

DMC
11-11-2018, 11:17 PM
The success of the Warriors has led to good teams taking too many 3 pt attempts. This has skewed what would otherwise be a predictable record in the league right now. These teams don't need to take that many, and they don't have consistent outside shooters. Houston is a great example of that, especially if you consider their feast or famine approach in the playoffs last year. They settle for the 3 so much that they simply think the next one is going. The Warriors are an anomaly and they have the talent inside and out, on both ends, to overcome a shitty shooting night by one or two people. Other teams don't have that luxury but they think they can play the same way.

Killakobe81
11-12-2018, 06:30 AM
http://twitter.com/BS_Junkie/status/1061826350691090432

tatum looking pretty elite tbh

Like I said best prospect of that draft

Killakobe81
11-12-2018, 06:31 AM
Tatum's 2018 playoff run is better than anything Lonzo or Ingram will ever accomplish in the NBA:lol

You may be right... We will see