PDA

View Full Version : Tired of home games looking like a Ja Rule concert

$pursDynasty
11-10-2018, 09:49 PM
After 50 Cent buys up the seats to keep them empty. I understand wanting the cash from corporations that buy up seats BUT it really is a bad look for so many empty seats all the dang time. You never see this in OKC or Golden State much less the Lakers. The Spurs front office needs a policy that if you aren't there by the end of the first quarter , people can migrate down or something. It means less home court advantage and a bad look nationally. They need to do something because it has been a problem for years.

TimDunkem
11-10-2018, 09:51 PM
There's just far too much food around keeping Fat Antonians from sitting in their seats and watching the game.

Spurtacular
11-10-2018, 09:52 PM
I figured the JRC ref would be more fun. Ah well.

DAF86
11-10-2018, 09:53 PM
After 50 Cent buys up the seats to keep them empty. I understand wanting the cash from corporations that buy up seats BUT it really is a bad look for so many empty seats all the dang time. You never see this in OKC or Golden State much less the Lakers. The Spurs front office needs a policy that if you aren't there by the end of the first quarter , people can migrate down or something. It means less home court advantage and a bad look nationally. They need to do something because it has been a problem for years.

I doubt anyone has to buy tickets to keep a Ja Rule concert empty bruh. :lol

RD2191
11-10-2018, 09:56 PM
It's pathetic tbh

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Laziest fattest city in the country. One sports team and they can't even support them. The voter turnout last week was pathetic as well....

objective
11-10-2018, 10:22 PM
It's happening around the league, even in OKC and Toronto

Nobody cares anymore.

5-10-15-20-25 years ago the place would have been flooded with Rockets fans buying up all the tickets. Same with the Mavericks game (but maybe not 20+ years ago of course)

Keepin' it real
11-10-2018, 10:24 PM

Football season in Texas tbh. Most people at home watching the UT - Texas Tech game.

cd021
11-10-2018, 10:30 PM
I doubt anyone has to buy tickets to keep a Ja Rule concert empty bruh. :lol
Yeah, this ain't 2001. He ain't what's hot in these streets :lol

Ditty
11-10-2018, 10:32 PM
I won’t pay money to see this team play. Plus it’s too damn cold outside on a weekend I don’t work for once.

$pursDynasty
11-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Here is why I said it like I did. I laughed but admit it was petty.
https://www.vladtv.com/amp/249457/50-cent-buys-1st-200-seats-of-ja-rule-concert-ja-rule-responds

phxspurfan
11-10-2018, 11:05 PM
...and yet when I come in for a game it’s 500 a piece

JakeCuenca
11-10-2018, 11:09 PM
It's happening around the league, even in OKC and Toronto

Nobody cares anymore.

5-10-15-20-25 years ago the place would have been flooded with Rockets fans buying up all the tickets. Same with the Mavericks game (but maybe not 20+ years ago of course)

Toronto is always filled with fans and is extrmely loud. Nice try though.

What I do notice now is that every start of the 3rd quarter ( even lakers games)...no one is around.

Maybe time to increase halftime by 5 minutes to allow fans to return?

gambit1990
11-10-2018, 11:10 PM
it’s not gonna change tbh.

objective
11-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Toronto is always filled with fans and is extrmely loud. Nice try though.

What I do notice now is that every start of the 3rd quarter ( even lakers games)...no one is around.

Maybe time to increase halftime by 5 minutes to allow fans to return?

I've seen it in Toronto also. Fewer open seats maybe, but they're there.

JakeCuenca
11-10-2018, 11:14 PM

Corporate tickets.

Raps fans are actually complaining because theres less seats to buy now because of all the corporate bought tickets.

I think some dude here said a good chunk of spurs seats in the lower areas are bought by companies who either never use it or never sell it.

I mean you cant fault ball clubs for making the easy sale but still

cool cat
11-10-2018, 11:32 PM

Yep, this is from playoff game last year, looks a lot like the spurs games.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bELMxybC_bg/maxresdefault.jpg

$pursDynasty
11-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Corporate tickets.

Raps fans are actually complaining because theres less seats to buy now because of all the corporate bought tickets.

I think some dude here said a good chunk of spurs seats in the lower areas are bought by companies who either never use it or never sell it.

Not all money is smart money, because the empty seats hurt the brand

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Corporate tickets.

literally the first post

TDomination
11-10-2018, 11:47 PM
If no one comes to their seats by halftime, they should randomly select fans from a higher section to fill those seats.

One, it just looks terrible on tv. Looks like we just dont care. Two, maybe you end up getting the rowdy fans that can actually show more enthusiasm then those who typically sit in those seats.

For those who own those seats, use them or lose them.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-10-2018, 11:58 PM
To be fair, Atnt center was built in the worst place possible. The city thought that by building it out there they could kind of revamp that side of town, but it just didn't really work. I mean there is nothing to do out there. Plus it's sucha bitch to get there having to deal with all that 35 traffic. Takes me 45 minutes to get to the game when it starts at 7 tbh. Just a rough drive.

playblair
11-11-2018, 12:01 AM
move the team to austin.........san antonio is minor league sports town.........(rampage missions soccer fc)

BD24
11-11-2018, 12:56 AM
:cry

op is a faggot

Pavlov
11-11-2018, 01:17 AM
To be fair, Atnt center was built in the worst place possible. The city thought that by building it out there they could kind of revamp that side of town, but it just didn't really work. I mean there is nothing to do out there. Plus it's sucha bitch to get there having to deal with all that 35 traffic. Takes me 45 minutes to get to the game when it starts at 7 tbh. Just a rough drive.The city had nothing to do with it. The county already had the land around Freeman Coliseum after the city couldn't find a way to blow up the projects south of Hemisfair Park.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-11-2018, 01:27 AM
The city had nothing to do with it. The county already had the land around Freeman Coliseum after the city couldn't find a way to blow up the projects south of Hemisfair Park.
Well then the county screwed up then. Either way it's in a horrible location.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
11-11-2018, 01:32 AM
San Antonio is not a very big sports town. The city loves the spurs but won't neccesarily pay to see them.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-11-2018, 01:32 AM
Traffic was delayed longer than usual. What usually takes about 20 minutes to get to arena was well over 50 minutes. I left house at 7 and didn’t get to my seat until 8. Waited until halftime to hit concession stand and that alone was 15 minutes. These shorter halftime periods make it difficult to use restroom, get beer and food in 12 minutes.

cd021
11-11-2018, 01:47 AM

Couple of years ago, that looks like De'Marre Carrol on the Raps but point taken.

cd021
11-11-2018, 01:50 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Spurs 13th in attendance with 18,300 people per home game, which is apparently 99% capacity.

Doesn't look like it though tbh

spurs10
11-11-2018, 02:08 AM
There was a super bad traffic delay with another event happening in the Freeman Coliseum next door. However there is no doubt the market for tickets, even against a Texas rival, has really slowed down. Someone mentioned how Rockets fans would buy up a lot of seats in years gone by, but that has slowed down considerably. The house looked pretty good as the game went on, but there were a lot of tickets for sale before the game.

DAF86
11-11-2018, 02:10 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Spurs 13th in attendance with 18,300 people per home game, which is apparently 99% capacity.

Doesn't look like it though tbh

Tickets are sold. Folks that bought them just don't attend though.

cool cat
11-11-2018, 02:23 AM
Couple of years ago, that looks like De'Marre Carrol on the Raps but point taken.
Last years playoffs 2017, not last season playoffs.

Holden_Caulfield
11-11-2018, 02:52 AM

lol fake news. this is what every game looks like 30 seconds into the 3rd quarter. but yeah that was a pathetic showing in a nationally televised game.

cjw
11-11-2018, 02:57 AM
My company has a corporate floor level box in another city and you spend half the time inside grabbing drinks / eating / chilling / watching more important sporting events if they’re on (last year had a Houston client in town and skipped half a Rockets game to watch the World Series). Which I found sacreligious but people who were there from my company said they really had no choice in the matter.

Remember for the people paying the big bucks, it’s not about watching the game for the most part but about the exclusive experience. You can’t just give those seats away if they’re a bit late.

stxspurs
11-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Alot of people hang out in the bar areas. When the arena was upgraded a couple yrs ago the floor level had private rooms with bars . Basically to wine and dine. I'm sure alot of them just go there and rather than the seats. My relative has season tix the bottom rows and ppl around mainly drink and watch the game at the rock n brew and outside. Real dumb imo.

dbestpro
11-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Its like rich people burning food when there is a food shelter next door. Its what some of the rich do. Part of the experience is to throw scraps or make sure no one else gets a tadte.

TimmyBuckets
11-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Ya wtf was that? Its a game against Houston. Place should've been packed.

MultiTroll
11-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Could the Spurs offer a promotion some sort of "free burritos delivered to your seat at the start of the 3rd qtr" for the absentee crowd?

K...
11-11-2018, 12:48 PM
they could obviously do an on call system where you have to check in 24hours before to claim the seat otherwise they will resell it cheap and give a partial refund.

They should also let you order drinks on a smartphone and have it delivered to at least the main aisles. But at the end of the day, the seats suck and people are going to want to walk around.

baseline bum
11-11-2018, 01:08 PM
I won’t pay money to see this team play. Plus it’s too damn cold outside on a weekend I don’t work for once.

Wow fifty degrees. I hope they don't close the highways today.

baseline bum
11-11-2018, 01:13 PM
To be fair, Atnt center was built in the worst place possible. The city thought that by building it out there they could kind of revamp that side of town, but it just didn't really work. I mean there is nothing to do out there. Plus it's sucha bitch to get there having to deal with all that 35 traffic. Takes me 45 minutes to get to the game when it starts at 7 tbh. Just a rough drive.

City didn't pay for it, the county did on the land they owned next to Freeman Colosseum. The city was trying to tie their arena proposal into a huge expansion of the convention center and the Spurs were afraid that project being tacked on would kill them in the vote so they went with the county's plan. The city wanted to put the arena next to the Alamodome.

duncan2k5
11-11-2018, 01:28 PM
who are they going to pay money to watch? bryn forbes? LMA and his bad body language? patty mills? stop being a star repellent so players actually want to come here in their prime...not when theyre washed

offset formation
11-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Yeah, they need toput it back closer to downtown or at least near the Alamodome again.

offset formation
11-11-2018, 02:48 PM
who are they going to pay money to watch? bryn forbes? LMA and his bad body language? patty mills? stop being a star repellent so players actually want to come here in their prime...not when theyre washed

There it is again. You have a clinical hatred of LMA. Kawhi is a bitch and his leaving had next to nothing to do with LMA. You sound incredibly ass-pained.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 02:57 PM
there’s so little to do in sa that those seats get bought out by corporate and are offered to clients visiting the city. and since those people are visitors they don’t really care about the spurs so they spend their time in places at the arena that are exclusive to them.

would be cool if if they had to be in their seats by a certain time or they lose them but that would never happen. spurs need the money.

i really don’t see a solution.

ECOV
11-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Fucking buy the tickets then and go yourself

DAF86
11-11-2018, 03:48 PM
I remember back when I was a kid watching from TV and being in awe that every NBA game was always packed. No matter what team, no matter what day, no matter what hour. The fuck happened?

TXstbobcat
11-11-2018, 04:03 PM
There was a super bad traffic delay with another event happening in the Freeman Coliseum next door. However there is no doubt the market for tickets, even against a Texas rival, has really slowed down. Someone mentioned how Rockets fans would buy up a lot of seats in years gone by, but that has slowed down considerably. The house looked pretty good as the game went on, but there were a lot of tickets for sale before the game.

unless the game is against Golden State or the Lakers, tickets are really cheap to buy the day of the game on stubhub. It is nice that they are so affordable the day of the game but I think that it shows that demand for spurs tickets has definitely gone down.

TXstbobcat
11-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Football season in Texas tbh. Most people at home watching the UT - Texas Tech game.

I agree with this. A lot of fans don’t even pay attention to basketball until the football season is over.

Arcadian
11-11-2018, 04:08 PM
I've been in the coporate box suites before, and they have this huge hangout area that's always pretty full, lol

MultiTroll
02-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Not sure how this POS continues to get hired, but check out the Bucks official tweet :rollin...

Ja Rule taking heat on social media after NBA halftime show

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26070401/ja-rule-taking-heat-social-media-nba-half-show