PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay’s injury.

Rocalcio
11-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Out for the third time in a row, nobody gives a shit about that ?

JeffDuncan
11-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Not really.

BatManu20
11-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Injury prone player is injury prone. Also on the wrong side of 30 so will likely only get worse tbh.

Mirrornick
11-10-2018, 10:23 PM
saving him for the Lakers in the first round

DeRozan m8
11-10-2018, 10:35 PM
I care - but i mean, what am I supposed to do? hahah

Slob
11-10-2018, 10:54 PM
I didn't even notice he was gone 'til after the game was over and I saw this thread. :lol

gambit1990
11-10-2018, 10:56 PM
sucks that his body can’t seem to keep it together.

tim_duncan_fan
11-10-2018, 10:59 PM
I care - but i mean, what am I supposed to do? hahah

Exactly. What are we supposed to be doing about it?

We'll need him in order to win any first round playoff series, so anybody who doesn't care really should.

SAGirl
11-10-2018, 11:01 PM
Injury prone player is injury prone. Also on the wrong side of 30 so will likely only get worse tbh.
^ This

bklynspursfan
11-10-2018, 11:02 PM
It was already said it wasn't serious and he's expected to play Monday.

Rocalcio
11-10-2018, 11:08 PM
The dude can play when he’s healthy. Problem is, he’s not...

MoSpur02
11-10-2018, 11:10 PM
I care. He's a Spur so I'm hoping for his return. Found it a bit interesting that the Spurs lost those two games in a row when he was out.

emanueldavidginobili
11-13-2018, 08:36 PM
He’s out tomorrow night “rest”

TDomination
11-13-2018, 08:54 PM
probably due to the back 2 back. I'm sure he will play against the Pelicans. Spurs "should" be able to still win against the Suns but honestly with this team it will be a challenge.

hater
11-13-2018, 09:15 PM
probably due to the back 2 back. I'm sure he will play against the Pelicans. Spurs "should" be able to still win against the Suns but honestly with this team it will be a challenge.

Without Gay we are worst than Suns

John B
11-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Man we need younger players tbh. We’ve just been through DNP’s on the big 3. And just when I thought we’re done with that, here we go again :cry:cry:cry

Coach X
11-14-2018, 04:23 AM
Gay resting in Phoenix means Gay playing in LA. Good to see Pop is still optimistic thinking Spurs can get the W at Phoenix without him, being this game must-win.

On the other hand, I won't be surprised if DeRozan/Aldridge rest at Clippers game.

In the past, having deeper rosters helped Spurs resting key players. Pop could rest two of the Big 3 and another starter and the team was still beating these bad teams. It' s not the case this season, neither important players nor bench players or third string players are good enough.

There is a thin line between overplaying your veterans/injured players and not making the most of them. Popovich better finds this point, this team needs everything it has in order to win games.

r0drig0lac
11-14-2018, 04:28 AM
Gay is the most regular and most important (for being the only athletic wing we have on the roster) player of the team this season , any game without him can be lost.

BackHome
11-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Like Rudy but he needs to be on Manu type minutes. Hopefully in this draft we can get a good SF/PF

SAGirl
11-15-2018, 08:21 AM
^ hear hear!

SAGirl
11-16-2018, 08:31 AM
So is Rudy injured still? What’s going on?

hater
11-16-2018, 10:40 AM

Called dis shit :tu

Coach X
11-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Asked for his trip to the locker room in the fourth, Rudy said he's fine and that it was just frustration. I'm not sure if that was the reason for Pop not to put it back on the court again. His presence on the hardwood was helping the team all night long.

He looked good yesterday, especially when going to the rim. My concern is: Can he be as effective as he's been if his 3s and long 2s stop falling so easily? Inside Rudy is sustainable, Shooter Rudy? IDK (clue: see Aldridge).

Last night Gay couldn't move quick enough in defense, fouling too much. The only way he can improve in this area is by playing regularly. The team needs him healthy. I'd love to know if Popovich didn't play him the last two minutes for pure basketball reasons or if he was still taking care of Rudy's heel.

BackHome
11-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Think he will have to be managed like Timmy and Manu minute wise due to his health issues.

SpursDynasty85
11-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Asked for his trip to the locker room in the fourth, Rudy said he's fine and that it was just frustration. I'm not sure if that was the reason for Pop not to put it back on the court again. His presence on the hardwood was helping the team all night long.

He looked good yesterday, especially when going to the rim. My concern is: Can he be as effective as he's been if his 3s and long 2s stop falling so easily? Inside Rudy is sustainable, Shooter Rudy? IDK (clue: see Aldridge).

Last night Gay couldn't move quick enough in defense, fouling too much. The only way he can improve in this area is by playing regularly. The team needs him healthy. I'd love to know if Popovich didn't play him the last two minutes for pure basketball reasons or if he was still taking care of Rudy's heel.

Maybe he was on a minutes restriction? Would explain his frustration as he has apparently wanted to play instead of missing games. Its apparent we are a different team with and without Gay in the lineup. If he could give us 28 mpg consistent we would be 3 or 4 games better at this point.