PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Is Kawhi staying in Toronto or going to da Clippers?

Rusty
11-11-2018, 02:21 AM
As we all know Cris Carter is spokesman for Kawhi and Uncle Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXUFBZHDsGw
@ 4:10

doesn't this pretty much confirms that Kawhi is heading to Clippers?

JakeCuenca
11-11-2018, 02:23 AM
No. He should though

Hes having a hard time acclimating when they're playing poor teams. Ibaka seems to want to take 50 shots etc.

I think kawhi wants to win in his own terms.

phxspurfan
11-11-2018, 02:33 AM
Kawhi thread!

anon
11-11-2018, 02:36 AM
Toronto gym forced to play California Love when Kawhi is practicing :lol. I don't have twitter but the clip is out there.

Raven
11-11-2018, 08:51 AM
he should stay in toronto, they have a good thing going on there.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2018, 12:40 PM
It depends on how much Uncle Dennis cares about being in LA, tbh. From both a pure basketball perspective and a PR perspective, it's tough to see Kawhi walking away from what looks like a Finals team after only one year, especially after the shit he pulled last year.

Honestly, the only way Kawhi could leave Toronto without becoming hated is if Durbeta comes with him. Most non-Raptors fans would be too happy about the Warriors being taken down a peg to care about Kawhi.

daslicer
11-11-2018, 01:08 PM
It depends on how much Uncle Dennis cares about being in LA, tbh. From both a pure basketball perspective and a PR perspective, it's tough to see Kawhi walking away from what looks like a Finals team after only one year, especially after the shit he pulled last year.

Honestly, the only way Kawhi could leave Toronto without becoming hated is if Durbeta comes with him. Most non-Raptors fans would be too happy about the Warriors being taken down a peg to care about Kawhi.

I believe Kawhi and his camp are delusional that they believe Kawhi can win anywhere regardless of the talent around him. Uncle Dennis is a pawn of the Sutton family who runs impact sports. It really depends on what they want. Judging by Cris who is the mouthpiece of Kawhi's group it looks certain that Kawhi will be in LA next summer.

RC_Drunkford
11-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Don't underestimate Jerry West. West always gets the job done and he works for the Flippers, so I expect Kawhi to go there and they'll probably get another star in free agency to pair with him

JakeCuenca
11-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Like I said he should stay.

But outside of the Fake happy PR stuff the raps fa s eat like candy..his body language is similar to the 9 games he played before the medical holdout.

ducks
11-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Thinking what in playoffs plays a factor

daslicer
11-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Thinking what in playoffs plays a factor

Agreed. I laugh at when people say Kawhi would never walk away from a title contender considering he already did that with the Spurs. It actually makes it easier for him to walk away from the Raptors.

DMC
11-11-2018, 03:25 PM
If you're worth that much money and potential money, you should work where ever you you want. If Kawhi wants to go home, he should. The NBA including the franchises don't give 2 shits about players. Just ask DDR who was traded not for a star, but for the prospects of keeping a star. If Toronto is willing to do that for Kawhi, and Kawhi knows it, he knows he's in the driver's seat and no one would choose Toronto over LA, no one in their right mind, especially someone who wants to live in LA because that's where their family lives.

Mitch
11-11-2018, 03:34 PM
The retard wants to be in LA, tbh. More marketing potential, probably a major reason he left SA when his biggest endorsements were probably from HEB and whataburger :lol

11-11-2018, 03:45 PM
if he doesn’t go to LA, this whole fiasco will have been for nothing

Arcadian
11-11-2018, 03:55 PM
i.e., Which team is going to be paying Kawhi's gynecologist bills?

Don't care, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2018, 04:53 PM
He'll probably be a Clipper IMO..

Raptors fans won't even be too upset if he leaves IF they reach the Finals, that alone would make the trade worth it..

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2018, 06:24 PM

It does confirm that he's going to have his dick down your mom's throat.

TD 21
11-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Since the Spurs haven't been able to catch a break in the last 4 years, he'll probably re-sign, thus making an embarrassing trade (fit more than talent) look even worse.

If he's interested in contending and not delusional enough to think he's a contender unto himself, he'll stay. They have a near ideal roster for this era (other than plodding C's, who can't make plays) and even though they lack another young star, when Lowry is no longer one, if they can't sign a replacement, Anunoby and one of Van Vleet or Wright, looms as a package for a disgruntled one.

I hope he goes to the Clippers, though. It's not right that the Spurs got 2 superstar seasons out of the most successful player development story of this generation (ever?), then were somewhat forced into making a clueless trade, giving the Raptors and him an outside shot at a championship for pennies on the dollar.

Spurtacular
11-11-2018, 07:50 PM
As we all know Cris Carter is spokesman for Kawhi and Uncle Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXUFBZHDsGw
@ 4:10

:lmao Did that ass hat really call Kawhi "at worst one of the top eight players in the league"?

Kobe'sAchilles
11-11-2018, 08:38 PM
This isn'l like Paul George tbh. It's his uncle and his company that really want Kawhi in a big market. Kawhi is definitely leaving and nothing is going to stop that. He isn't playing for championships anymore so it doesn't matter that Toronto has a good roster.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 10:22 PM
is it legal for a team to offer a player part ownership in the team?

cause the raps are ringing.

DMC
11-11-2018, 11:20 PM
if he doesn’t go to LA, this whole fiasco will have been for nothing

I disagree. He wanted out of San Antonio, probably because of that fat faggot Tony Parker. He's out, Tony is in Charlotte and SA smells better.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-12-2018, 01:05 AM
If the Raps win a title it will be hard to go from that to the sh!tty ass Clippers.

11-12-2018, 01:08 AM
He would be going to a pretty good situation with the Clippers. Shai alexander will be going into hsi rookie szn with a nice vet back up in pat bev and a lot of solid role players. They beat the Bucks yesterday.

StrengthAndHonor
11-14-2018, 11:47 AM
He would be going to a pretty good situation with the Clippers. Shai alexander will be going into hsi rookie szn with a nice vet back up in pat bev and a lot of solid role players. They beat the Bucks yesterday.
True, especially if the Warriors core breaks up. That would open a whole lot of possibilities in that conference.

DMC
11-14-2018, 01:04 PM
If the Raps win a title it will be hard to go from that to the sh!tty ass Clippers.

Spurs go b2b Finals and KL gets a Finals MVP, 2 DPOY awards and 1st team honors/AS selections. Shortly afterward he fakes an injury and sits out all year then demands a trade.

He's going to LA. It doesn't matter what Toronto does. He's not looking to form a super team.

Kawhitstorm
11-14-2018, 10:07 PM

Not if he can dribble the ball off his feet to sabotage the title run.....

Clipper Nation
11-15-2018, 12:04 AM
If the Toronto media keeps shitting on him like this every time they lose a game, there's no way he's staying:

JakeCuenca
11-15-2018, 12:11 AM
He won't.

LA is just way too good of an option.

It's home
They have a competent team
He can do wahtever the hell he wants
Hes going to always get the credit.

He should stay in Toronto though.

Siakam-Anunoby are two Elite Role players that's difficult to come by. The worry is lowry age.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-15-2018, 04:44 PM
If the Toronto media keeps shitting on him like this every time they lose a game, there's no way he's staying:

Yep. Kawhi's camp is probably already talking to Doc about next summer after that headline.

Rusty
11-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Clippers are #1 in the West right now. Bright future, shai is a great rookie PG.

Toronto is stuck with aging Kyle Lowry who never shows up in the playoffs. I think it’s obvious what Kawhi will do now:lol

JakeCuenca
11-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Clippers are #1 in the West right now. Bright future, shai is a great rookie PG.

Toronto is stuck with aging Kyle Lowry who never shows up in the playoffs. I think it’s obvious what Kawhi will do now:lol

This is good material against Raps fans. :lol

DAF86
11-20-2018, 07:56 PM
Watching the Raptors right now. Kawhi is like a fucking blackhole out there. Going dribble dribble dribble every time he touches the ball. Has this been the norm for him this season or he's just specially egoistical on this game?

Rusty
11-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Watching the Raptors right now. Kawhi is like a fucking blackhole out there. Going dribble dribble dribble every time he touches the ball. Has this been the norm for him this season or he's just specially egoistical on this game?
Ballhog playing for that max contract. He doesn’t give a shit about the team or raptors because he’s heading to the Clippers.

JakeCuenca
11-20-2018, 08:11 PM

Nurse hasnt done a good enough of a job integrating him with everyone else. No offball shots at all. Problem is lowry. Guy is a total midget and no one in the starting lineup knws how to pass.

Bynumite
11-20-2018, 08:54 PM
It's obvious Kiwi doesn't give a shit about this season or the raptors. He's just trying to keep himself injury free and in basketball shape. He's out next summer no matter what.

JakeCuenca
11-20-2018, 09:17 PM
It's obvious Kiwi doesn't give a shit about this season or the raptors. He's just trying to keep himself injury free and in basketball shape. He's out next summer no matter what.

Yup.

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2018, 09:26 PM

Speaking of this game, how bad is Jonathon Simmons?:lol

DAF86
11-20-2018, 11:41 PM
Speaking of this game, how bad is Jonathon Simmons?:lol

He is who we thought he was. Nothing to see here.

Rusty
11-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Raptors fans are starting to get annoyed and angry at Kawhi’s back to back resting routine.:lol
Don’t they know he’s doing to this for that Max contract for da Clippers?:lol

JakeCuenca
11-21-2018, 09:20 PM
Raptors fans are starting to get annoyed and angry at Kawhi’s back to back resting routine.:lol
Don’t they know he’s doing to this for that Max contract for da Clippers?:lol

They're delusional. Most of them actually think its raps managment decision. :lol

JakeCuenca
11-22-2018, 10:42 PM
Pretty funny how raps fans think all these rest is for team sake as opposed to max contract quest :lol

Rusty
11-24-2018, 08:10 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v99SRqijj9M/maxresdefault.jpg
https://es.discoverlosangeles.com/sites/default/files/styles/listography_image/public/Activities/el-matador-beach-sunset_1.jpghttps://www.smartertravel.com/uploads/2018/02/Santa-Monica-Pier.pnghttps://www.laconventioninn.com/gallery-images/properties/5/0/0/1540450871_attractions_1.jpg

VS

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-12/26/136851714_15142444122871n.jpg

:lol

JakeCuenca
11-24-2018, 09:29 AM
No lies. The cold can be depressing as fuck :lol

But Canadas wilderness is beautiful though. Maybe kawhi is into that kind of stuff :lol

Rusty
12-03-2018, 07:16 PM
how the fuck do you post twitter link

Rusty
12-03-2018, 07:31 PM
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1069723376044924929

LkrFan
12-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Tough choice tbh. British Columbian women loooooooove the brothas. They're hot AF and they got they own money too which is a plus :lol

MultiTroll
12-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Tough choice tbh. British Columbian women loooooooove the brothas. They're hot AF and they got they own money too which is a plus :lol
Interweb stud,
Vancouver is in British Columbia. They haven't had an NBA team in over a decade, numb nutts.

Toronto, Ontario.

But you are right in spirit as Toronto is as good as Vancouver for diverse cat.

Rusty
12-07-2018, 11:17 PM
https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1071253501328719875
:lol

Popabitch
12-07-2018, 11:51 PM

This decision won't be hard considering that Fred Van Shit is the next Fatty Mills :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2018, 12:23 AM
This decision won't be hard considering that Fred Van Shit is the next Fatty Mills :lol

this pos and miles off the benhc, like they have the green light to chuck every possession down the court...onyunabi is a fkn scrub

only person off the bench that plays good is powel and wright...rest is fkn garbage man

apalisoc_9
12-08-2018, 01:23 AM
Powell was one of the worst player in the league last year :lol

But he might be useful this year considering the bench inability to drive to the basket. Aint no one helping kawhi out there consistently except for Pascal and to a lesser extent Ibaka :lol

Everyone scared to shoot.

Rusty
03-10-2019, 09:54 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824631-kawhi-leonard-reportedly-doesnt-want-to-join-lakers-play-with-lebron-james

"I do not," Wright said. "That's just what I've been told. It's what I've been told going back to last summer. I don't see that as something that's happening. I think he goes to the Clippers."

:toast He’s coming home

Mr. Body
03-10-2019, 09:56 PM
He goes to the Clippers. But who cares? He's a weird dude, he's not a leader. None of his teams will ever be a top team in the league unless he gets loads of help. He just doesn't rise to the sort that improves the players around him. He's in his own silo.

SouthTexasRancher
03-11-2019, 05:15 AM
The KaQuitter already has his bags packed and the crazy uncle has the big house under contract. He is as good as gone. Besides Toronto is going to lose to the Bucks in the EC Finals. LA Clippers better be ready for some weirdness.

Bynumite
03-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Uncle Dennis making the right call here.

Why would you play for the Lakers + Lebron and deal with all the scrutiny and spotlight that comes with it, when you can play for a more competent organization with less baggage, be a 1st option and still get to live in LA?

The Lakers front office doesn't deserve to be bailed out by Kiwi, let them crawl in the mess they've created.

Clipper Nation
03-11-2019, 10:49 AM
We have a good chance, but I'm still not putting all my eggs in the Kawhi basket quite yet. If Toronto doesn't flame out in the playoffs like they usually do, it's going to be tough for him to walk away from that team and start from scratch for the second straight year.

Clipper Nation
03-11-2019, 10:50 AM
He goes to the Clippers. But who cares? He's a weird dude, he's not a leader. None of his teams will ever be a top team in the league unless he gets loads of help. He just doesn't rise to the sort that improves the players around him. He's in his own silo.
The Clippers have a great front office who can get him that help. So do the Raptors.

Mr. Body
03-11-2019, 03:50 PM
The Clippers have a great front office who can get him that help. So do the Raptors.

You don't get what I'm saying.

DMC
03-11-2019, 04:33 PM

I said this years ago.. me

R. DeMurre
03-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Still such a weird situation... the constant days off for "load management" has to be scary for anyone thinking about offering him a max contract. That, and his drop off in some advanced stats: he used to be a darling of the RPM stat, but this year he's pretty far behind Paul George, LeBron, and KD in that category.

gambit1990
05-30-2019, 11:00 PM
11/11/18:

is it legal for a team to offer a player part ownership in the team?

cause the raps are ringing.
:toast

Rusty
05-31-2019, 11:41 AM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/95x2mq.jpg

Robz4000
05-31-2019, 11:48 AM
If the Raptors win he stays imo.

SuperCam
05-31-2019, 12:07 PM
these decisions are made months in advance with gms, agents and business representatives because transactions of such magnitude take time. so it was decided before the series took place and the result wont matter. spurfan not naive enough to think star player only spends one week contemplating 9 figure life decision shit i hope :lol

Jonnyblue19
05-31-2019, 01:15 PM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/95x2mq.jpg

Actually he can sign a 1 and 1 instead of a long term contract and re-qualify for the Max or something like that. I believe that is what Lebron and Durant did. But his if quad is degenerative then he is signing for as much as he can this summer.

djohn2oo8
05-31-2019, 02:27 PM
Clippers fined for tampering

Clipper Nation
05-31-2019, 04:29 PM
Clippers fined for tampering
Pretty dumb by the league, tbh. ESPN brought Doc on to analyze the Finals, but apparently he's not allowed to talk about the players who are playing in the Finals? This reeks of the Lakers whining to Silver.

Laker_1995
05-31-2019, 10:38 PM
Pretty dumb by the league, tbh. ESPN brought Doc on to analyze the Finals, but apparently he's not allowed to talk about the players who are playing in the Finals? This reeks of the Lakers whining to Silver.

shut the fuck up lmao. You the type of nigga to snitch ASAP

Rusty
06-17-2019, 02:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7rk3BKU0AAFkHm.jpg