PDA

View Full Version : Melo out in Houston?

YoungbuckMurray
11-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Looks like melo is out in Houston.

The Rockets have denied they are waiving Carmelo Anthony, but two sources close to the situation say Anthony has been informed that his brief time with the team will soon be ending. Anthony has been listed as "out" for Houston's game tonight against Indiana due to illness

any chance the spurs take a chance on him. I know he’s always been a problem, but if anyone can get through to him it’s pop

BatManu20
11-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Smartest thing they've done in a while.

BatManu20
11-11-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm sure the Warriors will pick him up, just as a "fuck you" to the league. It'll be a new challenge for them, winning a title with a cancer like that on the roster

NASpurs
11-11-2018, 05:04 PM
any chance the spurs take a chance on him. I know he’s always been a problem, but if anyone can get through to him it’s pop

The dude's a cancer and in denial. Should retire already so fuck no to the first part of this quote.

paperboy77
11-11-2018, 05:05 PM
I don’t think it’s a mental thing at this point. He’s just way past his prime and great scorer who never really added anything to his game. Can’t envision him contributing anything unless he was willing to be a small ball 4 willing to rebound and be a fourth option w/2nd second unit.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2018, 05:06 PM
He should just leave like Iverson did..go dominate the Big 3..

Mr. Body
11-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Smartest thing they've done in a while.

The smartest thing they've done in a while follows from the dumbest thing they've done in a while.

cool cat
11-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Yes he is a cancer, but going to Houston didn’t make any sense. Their offense is to not shoot any mid range shots or post ups and that is his whole game.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 05:23 PM
awesome. maybe a team in the wnba would be interested in him.

timvp
11-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Scapegoat, tbh. Rockets still looked like trash last night. Their biggest problem is CP3 is playing like a glorified Patty Mills so far this season.

I wouldn't want Melo on the Spurs but he wasn't the reason why the Rockets are off to a slow start.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Scapegoat, tbh. Rockets still looked like trash last night. Their biggest problem is CP3 is playing like a glorified Patty Mills so far this season.

I wouldn't want Melo on the Spurs but he wasn't the reason why the Rockets are off to a slow start.
yeah, he isn’t why the rockets have looked so bad but he wasn’t doing them any favors:

R. DeMurre
11-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Phil Jackson didn't handle it very diplomatically, but everything he said about Melo in NY was essentially true... Ball stopper, too iso heavy, doesn't focus on Defensive end. I liked Melo at Syracuse, in his first few years at Denver, and on those early Team USAs, but he pretty much stopped improving in his mid 20s and didn't add anything to his repertoire. It's funny to me how Houston is always lauded as a place that pays special attention to advanced stats, but than they sign guys like Melo and Josh Smith, who advanced stats rate as average at best...

BackHome
11-11-2018, 05:57 PM
I just remember his team getting in a fight and he went and cheap shot the guy. The funniest thing is he punched like a girl the guy turn around to square up and fight and Melo actually runs away I was laughing my ass off.

Someone asked Steve Nash who played a lot of Hockey what did he think and how would that move go over on his old hockey game. He said “ if someone on my team hit a guy and ran away his own team mates would have kicked his ass”. That shit was classic.

RD2191
11-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Permaban

sananspursfan21
11-11-2018, 06:29 PM
You said it that if anyone CAN get through to him, it’d be Pop. Doubt Pop wants to though.

J_Paco
11-11-2018, 06:33 PM

So, Paul has finally hit the wall that most PG's hit at 30+ years old? If his play continues to decline it'll be huge, huge shit sandwich with the money he's owed.

Melo has turned into Allen Iverson 2.0 and I've never seem a team go from contender to pretender so quickly. Damn....

NASpurs
11-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Amazing that guys who were born in '85 are turning into TOSBs.

tmtcsc
11-11-2018, 06:50 PM
but if anyone can get through to him it’s pop

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt156/tbattle3/208gzrl.gif

TD 21
11-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Again with this Pop nonsense, as if he's some miracle worker. Obviously, they shouldn't and wouldn't touch Anthony with a 10 foot pool. About the last thing this already poorly constructed, archaic roster needs, is a lesser Gay (with a much bigger ego).

Was thinking the same thing. Out of players who were in their 30s last season, there were 5 who were either still superstars (James, Paul) or stars (Aldridge, Lowry, Horford). At this writing, only James and Lowry have maintained their standing.

BillMc
11-11-2018, 07:33 PM
I'm sure the Warriors will pick him up, just as a "fuck you" to the league. It'll be a new challenge for them, winning a title with a cancer like that on the roster

Two cancers but at least Boogie can play ((when healthy). Melo needs to retire.

Chillen
11-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Please Lakers sign him!

BillMc
11-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Fun to watch these clowns try to evade the questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyZQO89NxJw

BillMc
11-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Please Lakers sign him!

That would be massively entertaining.

Chillen
11-11-2018, 07:54 PM

For sure.

tbdog
11-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Well pop coached him in team USA. But the team has no use for him. He strictly a 4. He would only be an upgrade over poindexter. Berthans and Cunningham both over something Melo doesnt.

Mirrornick
11-11-2018, 08:26 PM
The man can't shoot open shots anymore. He's no use. If he could make shots then he would still be valuable, but the guy doesn't make any shots to save his life.

John B
11-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Such a waste of talent. How does this affect his bid for future hof?

BackHome
11-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Houston is so fucked can’t get upset at my Spurs cause things could always be worse we could be Houston. Lol

hooperflash
11-11-2018, 09:56 PM
He’s got to switch back to #15 , problem solved.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Such a waste of talent. How does this affect his bid for future hof?
really don't think he should make it... all he's done is make the conference finals once.

but wouldn't be surprised if he did though, for his time on team usa.

TimmyBuckets
11-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Looks like melo is out in Houston.

The Rockets have denied they are waiving Carmelo Anthony, but two sources close to the situation say Anthony has been informed that his brief time with the team will soon be ending. Anthony has been listed as "out" for Houston's game tonight against Indiana due to illness

No and no.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 10:30 PM
favorite melo moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w

Kobe'sAchilles
11-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Spurstalk: we shoot too many midrange shots. We need guys who play defense and can create for others.
Also Spurstalk: Lets sign Carmelo Anthony :hungry:

Spurtacular
11-11-2018, 11:31 PM
favorite melo moment:

:lmao

Barfunk
11-11-2018, 11:39 PM

We're not in 2006 anymore Toto :depressed

sasaint
11-11-2018, 11:41 PM
If this clown were to get into the HOF, that would be a total joke.

99 Problems
11-12-2018, 12:59 AM
Patty has played like Larry Bird this last week, we have no room for Melo tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Patty has played like Larry Bird this last week, we have no room for Melo tbh.

Larry Bird today???

I agree with the second part of your post though.

MultiTroll
11-12-2018, 01:17 AM
favorite melo moment:
:rollin
Lets save that for when the dipstick finally does retire.

Chinook
11-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Only way Melo doesn't make the HoF is if he pulls a TO and pisses off the voters. Dude has a college title and a ton of international success. In a process that counts all basketball contributions, Melo has it.

Skill-wise, I don't think Melo is all that bad of a player. He has the size to be a four or five in today's league, and he can shoot when he doesn't fill up on shitty shots. In many ways he's similar to Aldridge in that if you build a roster that takes advantage of his pluses and can minimize his minuses, he has (or at least had) the pure offensive power to push a team into the playoffs. But LMA also had the defense, which even on his worst day he does better than Melo usually does. Anthony can contest shots and all that mess when he's motivated to, but that's like a once or twice a season thing.

Dude really just doesn't seem to care about playing winning basketball anymore. I'm not sure he ever did, but he doesn't now regardless. There's just no way he can't realize at this point what he can and can't do and what he needs to do to be effective for a winning team. I don't think he was ever going to work in Houston or GS. But on a team that doesn't shy away from midrange shots? Yeah, he could be a lowish-minute, high-usage bench guy. Essentially, he could play the same role that Gay would play in SA, except Rudy has embraced being a role-player and has focused on working with other scorers and using his gravity to benefit his teammates while Melo is the opposite.

spurs10
11-12-2018, 03:33 AM
Only way Melo doesn't make the HoF is if he pulls a TO and pisses off the voters. Dude has a college title and a ton of international success. In a process that counts all basketball contributions, Melo has it.

Skill-wise, I don't think Melo is all that bad of a player. He has the size to be a four or five in today's league, and he can shoot when he doesn't fill up on shitty shots. In many ways he's similar to Aldridge in that if you build a roster that takes advantage of his pluses and can minimize his minuses, he has (or at least had) the pure offensive power to push a team into the playoffs. But LMA also had the defense, which even on his worst day he does better than Melo usually does. Anthony can contest shots and all that mess when he's motivated to, but that's like a once or twice a season thing.

Dude really just doesn't seem to care about playing winning basketball anymore. I'm not sure he ever did, but he doesn't now regardless. There's just no way he can't realize at this point what he can and can't do and what he needs to do to be effective for a winning team. I don't think he was ever going to work in Houston or GS. But on a team that doesn't shy away from midrange shots? Yeah, he could be a lowish-minute, high-usage bench guy. Essentially, he could play the same role that Gay would play in SA, except Rudy has embraced being a role-player and has focused on working with other scorers and using his gravity to benefit his teammates while Melo is the opposite. His career has been a strange one marked by a lot of criticism for his decisions. I believe he wanted to be seen as one of the best when he never really has lived up to that. He has wanted superstar treatment without the winning and the leadership. He has managed to get on the U.S. Men's National Team, but I wonder if their success should come as a surprise to anyone. I mean the salary of that team is in the hundreds of millions of dollars and few national teams can compete with them. That makes Manu and Argentina all the more special. Like you say he 'could' have done a lot of things, but he hasn't embraced any of the roles he might be suitable for that you described.

BillMc
11-12-2018, 05:18 AM
Melo is in Iverson-like denial that his skills have declined and he needs to change his role or get out. But AI still loved playing at least. I kinda wonder if Melo even cares anymore.

Mirrornick
11-12-2018, 05:30 AM
The same people who wants to tank hard, but yet y'all don't want Melo? Makes no sense.. if y'all want to tank, Melo is the solution. Make him your #1 option and you win the lotto guarantee 100%

Maddog
11-12-2018, 07:25 AM

THIS is massively entertaining.

The Rockets braintrust has a tendency to outsmart themselves...

Chillen
11-12-2018, 07:52 AM
averaged 16ppg with OKC last season, not bad. If Houston waives him Spurs could sign him to a 10 day contract and see how it goes and if it goes well extend him for rest of season.

Chillen
11-12-2018, 07:56 AM
favorite melo moment:

Dude hurt his neck a little. Why the refs let play resume with a player on the floor like that is beyond me.

exstatic
11-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Dude hurt his neck a little. Why the refs let play resume with a player on the floor like that is beyond me.
Because they can’t stop it? There are no injury timeouts in the NBA. it’s up to his team to call a TO, or take a foul.

He’s a giant prima Donna and vagina, and I don’t want him anywhere near this team.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-12-2018, 10:19 AM
averaged 16ppg with OKC last season, not bad. If Houston waives him Spurs could sign him to a 10 day contract and see how it goes and if it goes well extend him for rest of season.

Doesn't matter how many points he averaged, he had a terrible TS% just above 50. Also equally bad OBPM and DBMP at -1.9 and VORP -1.1. Yikes! What's happening in Houston was expected - he was always going to be an inefficient chucker and it'd be more of the same at SA or whatever other team he goes to.

John B
11-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Is he better than Metu? Would he listen to a marquee coach? Coz right now we are thin at small ball PF/C position. SF will not do him any good. But chemistry is what Spurs rely to very much.

sasaint
11-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Because they can’t stop it? There are no injury timeouts in the NBA. it’s up to his team to call a TO, or take a foul.

He’s a giant prima Donna and vagina, and I don’t want him anywhere near this team.

Doesn't matter how many points he averaged, he had a terrible TS% just above 50. Also equally bad OBPM and DBMP at -1.9 and VORP -1.1. Yikes! What's happening in Houston was expected - he was always going to be an inefficient chucker and it'd be more of the same at SA or whatever other team he goes to.

Preach, brethren.

Chucho
11-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Don't want him on the team.

But if you think Carmelo isn't going into the HoF, you're an idiot.

spurs10
11-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Melo is in Iverson-like denial that his skills have declined and he needs to change his role or get out. But AI still loved playing at least. I kinda wonder if Melo even cares anymore. Concur on the in 'denial' thoughts. Never recall AI being anything, but a 'head down, horns out' type player. I think Melo scoffing at a reporter who asked him about coming off the bench says a lot. As Chinook mentioned he doesn't seem to care about doing what you gotta do to win and in his case that would mean being a role-player. Throughout his career I haven't heard him referred to as a 'team-player' at all.

gameFACE
11-12-2018, 02:58 PM

If the Warriors got Melo it could be what topples them this year. Please do it.

tmtcsc
11-12-2018, 03:41 PM
"We have not been able to win with him on the court at this time and I think the direction with our team is that he is a player that would be better off somewhere else and using his talent somewhere he can win or chase that championship," Jackson said Friday. "Right now we need players that are really active, can play every single play, defensively and offensively," Jackson said. "That's really important for us."

:rollin:rollin https://media.giphy.com/media/47fYFMKUeqCEE/giphy.gif

DAF86
11-12-2018, 07:35 PM
What the heck, I might do it just for the fact that he's probably the most talented 6'8" guy we could possibly get. And we need those type of players. He might not be such a bad fit as a Rudy Gay insurance.

superbigtime
11-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Houston is so fucked can’t get upset at my Spurs cause things could always be worse we could be Houston. Lol

so true. It’s all relative.

Dverde
11-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Don't want him on the team.

But if you think Carmelo isn't going into the HoF, you're an idiot.

People forget he lead Syracuse to the championship. That alone should get him in.

Clipper Nation
11-12-2018, 08:55 PM
If this clown were to get into the HOF, that would be a total joke.

He'll be in the HOF. It's already the biggest joke in sports with abysmally low standards.

Chucho
11-12-2018, 09:28 PM
People forget he lead Syracuse to the championship. That alone should get him in.

He's the 19th All time scorer and, if he plays and averages like 11ppg, he will pass Alex English and KG this year. Maybe not 1st ballot, but he's an HOF'r on NBA credentials alone. Throw in the college title and he could be first ballot in a weak class.

Chinook
11-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Melo is also one of the best American FIBA players too. People act like he was just on those Olympic teams. He was an alpha among alphas for some of those runs.

spurs10
11-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Melo is also one of the best American FIBA players too. People act like he was just on those Olympic teams. He was an alpha among alphas for some of those runs. Yes you're right and those are shining moments in his career.

DMC
11-13-2018, 12:00 AM
He could start in Cleveland.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Was thinking the same thing. Out of players who were in their 30s last season, there were 5 who were either still superstars (James, Paul) or stars (Aldridge, Lowry, Horford). At this writing, only James and Lowry have maintained their standing.

Ibaka & Fat Gasol have taken Softridge/Average Al's spot this season.

Dverde
11-14-2018, 11:06 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CqMiiErbIxQ/U58ZSP5JkQI/AAAAAAAABEk/ZdDLwT225hU/s1600/Carmelo-Anthony-Spurs.jpg

Fireball
11-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Rudy Gay is the better version of Anthony right now ... so can we stop this shit?

RD2191
11-14-2018, 11:43 AM
We should bring him in just for the epic meltdowns :lol

james evans
11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
really don't think he should make it... all he's done is make the conference finals once.

but wouldn't be surprised if he did though, for his time on team usa.
So u don’t think a guy who was NCAA championship mvp, 3 gold medals, multiple all star, multiple all nba teams, and 25k points is a hall of famer?? Lol. I’m not a Melo fan but god damn what is the standard??

Dverde
11-14-2018, 12:53 PM
So u don’t think a guy who was NCAA championship mvp, 3 gold medals, multiple all star, multiple all nba teams, and 25k points is a hall of famer?? Lol. I’m not a Melo fan but god damn what is the standard??

Your know it’s time to hang them up when another team says we would rather have Quincy Pondexter. Been a nice run Carmelo. None of your banana boat butt buddies can save your career now.

james evans
11-14-2018, 01:40 PM
I definitely don’t want him with us. That’s not my argument at all lol.

r0drig0lac
11-14-2018, 03:23 PM
We should bring him in just for the epic meltdowns :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2018, 03:26 PM
Spurm fans getting picky while Dante Cunningham is staring :lol

szkorhetz
11-14-2018, 03:38 PM

exstatic
11-14-2018, 03:49 PM

Dante Cunningham is shooting 40% from 3 and defending his ass off, two things that Melo didn't even do BEFORE he was washed up.

james evans
11-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Cunningham plays defense and he isn’t selfish

Galileo
11-14-2018, 07:27 PM
I stand with Melo.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Anyone who votes that clown into the Hall of Fame is a moron. I don’t care how many points he scored in his career. He never played a lick of defense. Made any team better, In fact he was basically a cancer on every Team he was on.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2018, 07:32 PM
He'll be in the HOF. It's already the biggest joke in sports with abysmally low standards.

The standards are insanely low for the Hall of Fame I agree. To me Tracy McGrady is not a Hall of Fame player. He had a very nice run for a number of years, but he didn’t put up the kind of stats or do the kind of winning that warrants Hall of Fame induction. Grant Hill Same thing. Had a nice run and then injuries Derailed the entire second half of his career. Not a Hall of Famer. I hate how they call it the basketball Hall of Fame and count all of these things that are not NBA related. They spend 95% of their career playing in the NBA. That should carry the most weight. Carmelo from the statistical standpoint has had a great career. However he never even was a part of any great rivalry. Never led his teams anywhere to the playoffs where they were legitimately in contention to do anything. Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Miller All examples of guys that were a part of great rivalries. And came very close to winning it all. Had great runs with their teams. This guy has done nothing. Literally nothing.

Galileo
11-14-2018, 07:38 PM
The standards are insanely low for the Hall of Fame I agree. To me Tracy McGrady is not a Hall of Fame player. He had a very nice run for a number of years, but he didn’t put up the kind of stats or do the kind of winning that warrants Hall of Fame induction. Grant Hill Same thing. Had a nice run and then injuries Derailed the entire second half of his career. Not a Hall of Famer. I hate how they call it the basketball Hall of Fame and count all of these things that are not NBA related. They spend 95% of their career playing in the NBA. That should carry the most weight. Carmelo from the statistical standpoint has had a great career. However he never even was a part of any great rivalry. Never led his teams anywhere to the playoffs where they were legitimately in contention to do anything. Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Miller All examples of guys that were a part of great rivalries. And came very close to winning it all. Had great runs with their teams. This guy has done nothing. Literally nothing.

Melo won a world championship in 2003.

Galileo
11-14-2018, 07:39 PM

Melo won 3 Olympic gold medals.

james evans
11-14-2018, 07:47 PM
It’s not just the “nba hall of fame “ fellas though that’s a part of it. Drazen petrovich, Oscar Schmidt (who never played in the nba) , Ralph Sampson, or Sabonis aren’t in there for just nba play. And if you’re talking about lack of defense keeping someone out of HOF, then there is no way in hell tony Parker would be going either. Once again not a Melo fan and I hate his game, but you don’t have to be great to make the hall of fame

Play Boban
11-14-2018, 07:50 PM
:cry

dbreiden83080
11-14-2018, 07:57 PM

That doesn’t mean anything to me. He played on Olympic teams with tremendous talent around him. That to me is not the measure of a Hall of Fame basketball player. What did you do in the NBA? Yeah he scored a lot of points but did his teams ever accomplish anything? No.. Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Miller all went to the finals. The second half of his career he was almost never even in the playoffs. It is easy to make the playoffs in the NBA. You win 40 games and you are in.

Chillen
11-14-2018, 09:51 PM
If he gets waived it's up to Spurs FO if they want Melo or not.

Kawhitstorm
11-14-2018, 10:50 PM
Melo is also one of the best American FIBA players too. People act like he was just on those Olympic teams. He was an alpha among alphas for some of those runs.

He sure was alphing against Team Nigeria while being no where to be found against the only team that had a the talent to challenge Team USA: https://www.basketball-reference.com/olympics/games/2012-08-12-USA-ESP/

Kawhitstorm
11-14-2018, 11:00 PM

Deron Williams also has a national championship & a bunch of gold medals.........

JeffDuncan
11-14-2018, 11:32 PM
Ok, this Suns game talked me into it. I'd take Melo.

Galileo
11-15-2018, 07:09 PM
That doesn’t mean anything to me. He played on Olympic teams with tremendous talent around him. That to me is not the measure of a Hall of Fame basketball player. What did you do in the NBA? Yeah he scored a lot of points but did his teams ever accomplish anything? No.. Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Miller all went to the finals. The second half of his career he was almost never even in the playoffs. It is easy to make the playoffs in the NBA. You win 40 games and you are in.

Melo also has a bronze medal.

timvp
11-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Well, the Spurs did sign Glenn Robinson, who was similar to current Carmelo -- both on the court and reputation-wise. And that worked out rather well, tbqhwy.

Galileo
11-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Deron Williams also has a national championship & a bunch of gold medals.........

Deron has only 2 gold medals, Melo has three. And Melo has an NCAA championship.

Deron would be a hall-of-famer if not for his injuries.

Dex
11-15-2018, 07:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CqMiiErbIxQ/U58ZSP5JkQI/AAAAAAAABEk/ZdDLwT225hU/s1600/Carmelo-Anthony-Spurs.jpg

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Dex
11-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Well, the Spurs did sign Glenn Robinson, who was similar to current Carmelo -- both on the court and reputation-wise. And that worked out rather well, tbqhwy.

Big Dog was like a third-stringer and played less than 25 games for us total. And we still had the Big 3.

Pop would probably try to start Melo and make him our primary perimeter defender.

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 07:28 PM
Melo, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge. Make it happen PATFO :lmao

Beartrucci
11-15-2018, 07:30 PM

The ISOiest of all ISO teams ever. Hell why not at this point? :lol

NASpurs
11-15-2018, 07:35 PM

A collection of has-beens, ISO, mid range team. Might need to sign Monta Ellis to complete the garbage lineup.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Don't forget Mills.

We'd average 4 assists a game for the remainder of the season. I'd actually enjoy seeing that group "gel".

Dex
11-15-2018, 07:41 PM
Don't forget Mills.

We'd average 4 assists a game for the remainder of the season. I'd actually enjoy seeing that group "gel".

If we gon' be "tryin' for Zion"....might as well make it entertaining.

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 07:45 PM
A collection of has-beens, ISO, mid range team. Might need to sign Monta Ellis to complete the garbage lineup.

beautiful game 2.0 https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/praise.gif

Dverde
11-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Hire Mark Jackson to coach em up.

james evans
11-15-2018, 09:00 PM
It’s not the nba hall of fame. There are many teams and players in the hall of fame that never played an mba game.

SPURt
11-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!https://media.giphy.com/media/gPTTdOsD3lEQw/giphy.gif

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Deron has only 2 gold medals, Melo has three. And Melo has an NCAA championship.

Deron would be a hall-of-famer if not for his injuries. Daren Williams is the most over rated player in NBA history.

Kawhitstorm
11-16-2018, 12:05 AM
And Melo has an NCAA championship.

...so does Deron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=eRbP9dNKR08

DAF86
11-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Do it, tbh.

You can sell him San Antonio by telling him that he will start (which he will, since Pop it's desperately trying to find ways to have Gay come off the bench and play less minutes, so that he can rest).

anon
11-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Yeah, recall Jimmer from China and try to buy out Iverson's Turk mob debts while you're at it. Hang a "charity cases welcome" sign at the FO door since the leadership of this org is so much more morally superior than the country's leadership.

DAF86
11-23-2018, 02:26 PM
Yeah, recall Jimmer from China and try to buy out Iverson's Turk mob debts while you're at it. Hang a "charity cases welcome" sign at the FO door since the leadership of this org is so much more morally superior than the country's leadership.

Dude, we are starting Dante fucking Cunningham. When Rudy is out (which is once every three games) we're trotting Belinelli out there as SF for 25 minutes per game. :lol

Beggers can't be chooser, tbh.

r0drig0lac
11-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Dude, we are starting Dante fucking Cunningham. When Rudy is out (which is once every three games) we're trotting Belinelli out there as SF for 25 minutes per game. :lol

bring Jr Smith too, any more headcase?

anon
11-23-2018, 02:30 PM

My man, why are you still racking your brain trying to improve this hopeless roster? Beggars get to choose a top 5 pick is where I'm staking my claim.

DAF86
11-23-2018, 02:34 PM
My man, why are you still racking your brain trying to improve this hopeless roster? Beggars get to choose a top 5 pick is where I'm staking my claim.

To keep the playoffs streak alive and because I think this team could be a lot better than it is with a couple of 6'8'' that can actually play.

TheGreatYacht
11-23-2018, 02:46 PM
The state of this team when washed Melo is an upgrade over what you have at PF :cry

anon
11-23-2018, 02:46 PM
To keep the playoffs streak alive and because I think this team could be a lot better than it is with a couple of 6'8'' that can actually play.
We need three 6'8" 3&Ds, two on the starters and one off the bench to play pf with Rudy. After that, we need a rim rolling, switchable, low point of gravity C. These are the minimal reqs to avoid a gentleman's sweep and advance to the semis. But why for the love of god are we still targeting nebulous consolation prizes like playoff streaks or 50-win streaks when it gets the franchise nowhere in strategic terms? Even Tony was pragmatic and vocal enough to admit 50 wins was not a priority during the first Leonardless season.

You know, maybe I should be more supportive of a CancerMelo to SA move since Melo as a starting sf is the opposite of improvement and would actually accelerate the tank I'm in favor of. Damn, Pop's one step forward, three steps back calculus is fucking up my allegiances.

sananspursfan21
11-23-2018, 02:51 PM
At this point, I don’t know how much it would hurt. In the big 3 era it’s the last thing they’d of wanted to do. But our guys are kinda grasping at straws these days

playbonner15
11-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Pop 4D chess :hungry:

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2018, 03:42 PM
We need three 6'8" 3&Ds, two on the starters and one off the bench to play pf with Rudy. After that, we need a rim rolling, switchable, low point of gravity C. These are the minimal reqs to avoid a gentleman's sweep and advance to the semis

This, which is why I want them to trade for Ariza or Demarre Carrol. Sign Stanley Johnson in the offseason and draft an SF and you have 3 wings. Not ideal, but it's probably the only option they have

r0drig0lac
11-23-2018, 03:49 PM
We need three 6'8" 3&Ds, two on the starters and one off the bench to play pf with Rudy.

this, bring Shabazz from china, and trade Mills + salary and 2nd pick (maybe Hawks for Lin, Justin Anderson and Bembry), my other choice would be Carroll and Dinwidie from the Nets

anon
11-23-2018, 03:54 PM
This, which is why I want them to trade for Ariza or Demarre Carrol. Sign Stanley Johnson in the offseason and draft an SF and you have 3 wings. Not ideal, but it's probably the only option they have
Ariza and Johnson together would be a huge improvement, which only leads me to think signing one or both of those are pipe dreams. Guess I have to regain faith in the FO to get it done before I get behind it. Ariza's situation is practically begging for a contender to take him off Phoenix's books, I'll be pissed if the Lakers, NOP, Denver or Golden State acquire him at the trade deadline, but I won't be surprised.

exstatic
11-23-2018, 04:05 PM
this, bring Shabazz from china, and trade Mills + salary and 2nd pick (maybe Hawks for Lin, Justin Anderson and Bembry), my other choice would be Carroll and Dinwidie from the Nets

:lol. ‘Bazz doesn’t 3 OR D. He’s a younger, homeless man’s Melo.

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Ariza and Johnson together would be a huge improvement, which only leads me to think signing one or both of those are pipe dreams. Guess I have to regain faith in the FO to get it done before I get behind it. Ariza's situation is practically begging for a contender to take him off Phoenix's books, I'll be pissed if the Lakers, NOP, Denver or Golden State acquire him at the trade deadline, but I won't be surprised.

it is absolutely possible to get this done, but they have to pick up Ariza/Carrol this season either through trade or off waivers, so they have bird rights to resign that player

Chillen
11-23-2018, 04:36 PM
The thing is Melo is the butt of jokes but the style of play of this team he fits in better than with Rockets. It might be worth it tbh.

Beartrucci
11-23-2018, 04:39 PM
Pop 4D chess :hungry:

is your avatar Bonner with Dragon Age art? :lol

r0drig0lac
11-23-2018, 04:39 PM
The thing is Melo is the butt of jokes but the style of play of this team he fits in better than with Rockets. It might be worth it tbh.

Gay was the target of jokes in st before playing here, I would bring Melo (and Shabazz) no doubt, these guys know ball, and we desperately need some size (and talent)

baseline bum
11-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Big Dog was like a third-stringer and played less than 25 games for us total. And we still had the Big 3.

Pop would probably try to start Melo and make him our primary perimeter defender.

Well I don't think Pop would be asking Melo to come in and fix a 17-4 hole to the defending champions in Game 1 of the Finals.

baseline bum
11-23-2018, 05:06 PM
Fuck Dat Nigga Bazz. Most disappointing Bruin recruit since Cedric Bozeman.

dbestpro
11-23-2018, 05:14 PM
His defense cannot be any worse.

therealtruth
11-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Well it would make sense to continue the Spurs tradition of getting star players after they're washed up.

DAF86
01-14-2019, 11:20 PM
Is this guy still in basketball shape? Gay insurance anyone? Their games are somewhat similar.

He's better than Cunningham and Pondexter, that's for sure.

Robz4000
01-14-2019, 11:21 PM
Have you not seen how fast Houston turned it around after he was jettisoned?

timtonymanu
LMA/Demar/Melo would be quite the trio to root for :lol

TimmyBuckets
Perfect. Another depressed chucker.

DAF86
01-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Have you not seen how fast Houston turned it around after he was jettisoned?

Not really. After they let Carmelo go they were still pretty mediocre for a while, then Harden went supernova and they started to pull some wins. Lately they have gone back to mediocreball.

DAF86
01-14-2019, 11:41 PM
LMA/Demar/Melo would be quite the trio to root for :lol

Look how Pop's system made wonders for Rudy. Maybe we can pull the same for Anthony? I don't know man. Our SF situation is so weak that I would try anything.

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 11:44 PM
Look how Pop's system made wonders for Rudy. Maybe we can pull the same for Anthony? I don't know man. Our SF situation is so weak that I would try anything.

He's too fat to play SF.

DAF86
01-14-2019, 11:46 PM
He's too fat to play SF.

That's fine 'cause he will play mostly PF.

timtonymanu
01-14-2019, 11:46 PM

Thunder got better after he left, and so did Houston. I believe in the Melo curse. :lol. We already have DeFrozen.

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 11:47 PM
That's fine 'cause he will play mostly PF.

Gay and Bertans are better PF tbh

DAF86
01-14-2019, 11:51 PM
Gay and Bertans are better PF tbh

Yeah, but when one of them is missing (and Gay will be missing tons of games throughout the season) having Carmelo is better than having Cunningham or Pondexter.

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but when one of them is missing (and Gay will be missing tons of games throughout the season) having Carmelo is better than having Cunningham or Pondexter.

Rather Pop throw Lonnie in for those 2 retard vets, but yea, can't argue that Melo isn't better than dumb and dumber.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2019, 12:23 AM
JB knew to run at Mills and Forbes every time down the floor. Imagine Melo with those two playing D together. Opponents might roll the odometer past 200 on us.