PDA

View Full Version : TP crushing it in the lEast

phxspurfan
11-11-2018, 05:33 PM
so far today he has 21 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists 0 turnovers in 20 minutes off the bench. In a landslide win against the Pistons, and with much higher efficiency then Kemba. Man, if only the Spurs were in the lEast this past decade, they would be the GOATs like LeBrown Jones lol

objective
11-11-2018, 06:04 PM
just watching him it looks like he's finally lost the extra weight.

Maybe the shock of a new team jolted him out of his laziness.

He turned Porker for the start of 14-15, and surprise surprise he's averaging his best stats since before Porker in 13-14

Highest points per 36, highest assists per 36 (of career even) and highest PER since 13-14

sananspursfan21
11-11-2018, 06:09 PM
just watching him it looks like he's finally lost the extra weight.

Maybe the shock of a new team jolted him out of his laziness.

He turned Porker for the start of 14-15, and surprise surprise he's averaging his best stats since before Porker in 13-14

Highest points per 36, highest assists per 36 (of career even) and highest PER since 13-14

I've never understood that. Even if you pigged three meals a day, how could you be pudgy playing basketball almost every single day? Especially given his playing style

objective
11-11-2018, 06:19 PM
I've never understood that. Even if you pigged three meals a day, how could you be pudgy playing basketball almost every single day? Especially given his playing style

maybe lack of sleep?

I think his weight gain was timed with having children. Maybe they don't live with him in Charlotte and stayed in SA, or maybe they're old enough that they're not crying all night

Mr. Body
11-11-2018, 06:23 PM
maybe lack of sleep?

I think his weight gain was timed with having children. Maybe they don't live with him in Charlotte and stayed in SA, or maybe they're old enough that they're not crying all night

A thoughtful post on SpursTalk. What the fuck is going on?

SuperCam
11-11-2018, 06:24 PM
better true PG than any spur guard, injured or not.

sananspursfan21
11-11-2018, 06:27 PM
A thoughtful post on SpursTalk. What the fuck is going on?

:lol just a little human biology analysis. Nothing major

Hoops Czar
11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
maybe lack of sleep?

I think it has more to do with the ruptured quad injury and rehab to get back into playing shape rather than a change of scenery. He was pretty light on his feet last year but just wasn't very effective.

Hoops Czar
11-11-2018, 06:39 PM
That goes without saying but the Spurs don't have a true pg to compare him to.

Kori Ellis
11-11-2018, 06:48 PM
It's not surprising that Tony is playing well, though I expect he will be inconsistent because he has a lot of mileage. But everyone should have expected that he'd be better this year than last. Last season, he was coming off the type of injury that ends most careers.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-11-2018, 07:21 PM
It's not surprising that Tony is playing well, though I expect he will be inconsistent because he has a lot of mileage. But everyone should have expected that he'd be better this year than last. Last season, he was coming off the type of injury that ends most careers.

It kinda is because Tony was playing inconsistent to down right bad dating back to 2015.

daslicer
11-11-2018, 08:20 PM
I'll admit that I thought Parker was washed up but good for him. I'm happy for him that he's having a resurgence. He definitely deserves it after all the bs he went through with Kawhi and the media last year.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-11-2018, 08:29 PM
He put in a lot of work tbh. Getting "cut" by the Spurs probably added to his motivation. It's good to see him doing so well. I miss Tony :cry

John B
11-11-2018, 08:51 PM
He’s trying to show he still got game so

Spurtacular
11-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Tony Parker is Steph Curry's traffic cone.

Ice009
11-11-2018, 09:52 PM

This is what I thought, and it is what I put it down to. He came off of a major injury last year and if he was healthy, I thought he'd have a better season this year. I didn't want to keep him because I wanted the Spurs to play Dejounte, Derrick White and also Lonnie, but if I had of know before the season that Dejounte would go down, I would have wanted to keep Parker. If those guys never got injured, then I would have still wanted the Spurs to let TP go. I also thought TP should have went to a team that had a chance to compete. I thought he'd go to the Lakers as Lebron usually likes vet PGs, especially ones with Championship experience.

gambit1990
11-11-2018, 10:06 PM
i always said he should go east.

he's put up numbers against the heat, bulls, pistons.

no reason he should be on the spurs.

TimmyBuckets
11-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Not really surprising. He's got a bigger role, and people forget he's a 4x champ and a HOFer. Love seeing him do well.

SAGirl
11-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Glad for him.

dontouchmebwo
11-11-2018, 10:23 PM
east is real bad, even Oladipo looking like a star over there

spurs10
11-11-2018, 10:24 PM
I've never understood that. Even if you pigged three meals a day, how could you be pudgy playing basketball almost every single day? Especially given his playing style He's French and the wine alone will keep your calorie intact up! :bobo

SAGirl
11-11-2018, 10:24 PM
east is real bad, even Oladipo looking like a star over there
Oladipo is a good player and Indiana sonned the Spurs pretty good when they played this season.

sananspursfan21
11-11-2018, 10:55 PM
He's French and the wine alone will keep your calorie intact up! :bobo

:lol In that case, how is Pop not a BALLOON???

phxspurfan
11-11-2018, 11:11 PM
He got married to a great woman and had kid/s (not sure if multiple). Of course he's probably eating well and gaining weight. That French diet too, probably :lol Good on him though. And yeah maybe changing teams made him get back into shape.

phxspurfan
11-11-2018, 11:16 PM
NBA.com article
http://www.nba.com/games/20181111/CHADET#/recap

Tony Parker has 24 points, Hornets beat Pistons 113-103

DETROIT (AP) Most of the stars of the 2005 NBA Finals have been out of the league for several years.

Tony Parker, is still beating the Detroit Pistons.

Sunday, he faced them for the first time as a member of the Charlotte Hornets, but the results weren't any different. The 36-year-old scored 24 points in 28 minutes off the bench to lead Charlotte to a 113-103 victory.

''That's what Tony does. I'm just surprised that he never loses any of his speed and quickness,'' :lol :lol :lol Pistons coach Dwane Casey said. ''He got to every spot he wanted to out there, and we weren't stopping him.

(...)

''(Tony) is a leader,'' said Kemba Walker, who had 24 points and seven assists. ''He brings passion and the winning attitude. He just knows how to win.''

Love how the official NBA recap highlights "Kemba Walker 24 points" (36 minutes). It doesn't mention Parker also had 24 points in much fewer minutes.

DMC
11-11-2018, 11:46 PM
He doesn't have any reason to freeze people out or over dribble now, and probably doesn't have to watch the bench on every trip to see what the coach wants him to do.

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2018, 12:02 AM
Imagine the numbers he'd put up if was playing second units in his prime.... oh wait he still put up great numbers in the golden era of Point guards

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Has been the that case since his rookie year. Always leading the team in APG and #5 all time in playoffs assists. Best of his generation.

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2018, 12:11 AM
i always said he should go east.

he's put up numbers against the heat, bulls, pistons.

no reason he should be on the spurs.
You were the second to last standing member of the start Fatty Mills short bus, Fagentine :lol You also stopped bumping the Parker in Charlotte thread after every game for some reason....

Stick to X-Men, cause you suck at this basketball thing.

spurs10
11-12-2018, 12:21 AM
:lol In that case, how is Pop not a BALLOON??? I think if wine is your only calories you’re good! :lol

ElNono
11-12-2018, 01:58 AM
Still doesn't know his role, tbh, not only he took the most shots on the team, he took more shots than Kemba... they were falling tonight, but it's the same old story with this guy...

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2018, 02:42 AM
61% shooting and Manure fluffers are trying to discredit his performance :lmao

Gotta keep their schticks going before El Presidente blows their caravan into pieces

ElNono
11-12-2018, 04:28 AM
Porker fluffers enjoying the rare good night... we've seen this play out over and over the past 4 years... :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2018, 05:08 AM
hero doing hero mode things...

RC_Drunkford
11-12-2018, 06:22 AM
It's expected for him to play better since he has a whole year under his belt after this injury. He's also playing against bench line ups in the East. I don't think it's that hard to score 24 on Ish Smith tbh. And it's also November. If he plays like that in the Playoffs then we can talk.

sananspursfan21
11-12-2018, 07:33 AM
I think if wine is your only calories you’re good! :lol

:lmao

SuperCam
11-12-2018, 08:23 AM
You were the second to last standing member of the start Fatty Mills short bus, Fagentine :lol You also stopped bumping the Parker in Charlotte thread after every game for some reason....

Stick to X-Men, cause you suck at this basketball thing.

:lol

FkLA
11-12-2018, 02:15 PM
lol crushing it

He scored 10 total points his previous two games combined. He's averaging 10 PPG despite a couple of 24 point games, an 18 point game, and a 17 point game which means he's been really pedestrian or downright bad most games.

J_Paco
11-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Still doesn't know his role, tbh, not only he took the most shots on the team, he took more shots than Kemba... they were falling tonight, but it's the same old story with this guy...

You are such a hater, TBH. He had it going so he kept firing. Exactly what he should do on an offensively limited team.

And I'm happy he's doing well even if I was one of his biggest detractors the last two seasons. Hopefully, he can stay healthy, pace himself and continue to provide offense and playmaking for Charlotte.

And of course the TP hating crew talks shit even when he's 1,000's miles away. LOL

Just be happy he's on another team and whatever he does isn't affecting the Spurs. No need to crap on a 36 year old, back up PG having good (for his current level of play) start to the season.

Brazil
11-12-2018, 03:39 PM
''(Tony) is a leader,'' said Kemba Walker, who had 24 points and seven assists. ''He brings passion and the winning attitude. He just knows how to win.''

:tu

Brazil
11-12-2018, 03:42 PM
lol crushing it

He scored 10 total points his previous two games combined. He's averaging 10 PPG despite a couple of 24 point games, an 18 point game, and a 17 point game which means he's been really pedestrian or downright bad most games.

this is expected... his production will be up and down but he's doing fine.. he is fitting well with the team.. not sure what to hate.. it's a nice highlight game with the win.. take it for what it is.. no need to be defensive about it

SpursDynasty85
11-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Glad for Parker. Seems the team is enjoying him there but there is no doubt both sides needed to part (spurs and Parker), if he wanted to keep playing. He is probably enjoying a fresh look on things.

phxspurfan
11-12-2018, 05:12 PM
this is expected... his production will be up and down but he's doing fine.. he is fitting well with the team.. not sure what to hate.. it's a nice highlight game with the win.. take it for what it is.. no need to be defensive about it

If we got Tony's current level of (bench) production in place of our starting PGs (Forbes/Mills, we'll see what White returns after a week or two), we would be ecstatic and wouldn't be complaining of problems there.

FkLA
11-12-2018, 05:48 PM

Doing fine is a lot different than "crushing it". I do agree that he's doing fine and I am happy for him. The shit Kawhitter pulled off really made me appreciate how loyal TP was to the Spurs.

superbigtime
11-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Good for Tony.

ElNono
11-12-2018, 08:31 PM
You are such a hater, TBH. He had it going so he kept firing. Exactly what he should do on an offensively limited team.

And I'm happy he's doing well even if I was one of his biggest detractors the last two seasons. Hopefully, he can stay healthy, pace himself and continue to provide offense and playmaking for Charlotte.

And of course the TP hating crew talks shit even when he's 1,000's miles away. LOL

Just be happy he's on another team and whatever he does isn't affecting the Spurs. No need to crap on a 36 year old, back up PG having good (for his current level of play) start to the season.

Not hating, just calling a spade a spade... He's the most protected Spurs player in the history of Spurstalk, I'm surprised my post wasn't moderated/deleted, tbh...

I'm thoroughly enjoying that he is in another team... but I'm hoping he'll retire or have a career ending injury, though. He's gonna want a loyalty contract in a year or two, and Pop will be glad to give it to him...

See? I'm not hating on Tony, I'm just putting the Spurs first...

DAF86
11-12-2018, 08:47 PM
His metrics don't scream "crushing it", tbh. In fact, they are pretty bad. Spurs did the right thing by letting him go, he just wasn't going to fit with DeRozan and Aldridge. I would have still liked he accepted the mentor role for the minimum so that he could have played his entire career with the Spurs, but I'm glad for him that he has found a place where he can play and have the role that he wants.

DAF86
11-12-2018, 08:49 PM
If we got Tony's current level of (bench) production in place of our starting PGs (Forbes/Mills, we'll see what White returns after a week or two), we would be ecstatic and wouldn't be complaining of problems there.

Both Mills and Forbes are better fits for us right now than Tony, tbh.

DAF86
11-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Not hating, just calling a spade a spade... He's the most protected Spurs player in the history of Spurstalk, I'm surprised my post wasn't moderated/deleted, tbh...

I'm thoroughly enjoying that he is in another team... but I'm hoping he'll retire or have a career ending injury, though. He's gonna want a loyalty contract in a year or two, and Pop will be glad to give it to him...

See? I'm not hating on Tony, I'm just putting the Spurs first...

:lol

Brazil
11-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Doing fine is a lot different than "crushing it". I do agree that he's doing fine and I am happy for him. The shit Kawhitter pulled off really made me appreciate how loyal TP was to the Spurs.

Just op having fun with crushing.. it has been a while tony did not crush anything tbh :lol just happy he is showing he is not totally done

this kiwi shit also made me appreciate more tony manu Tim of course... and even dudes like Matt :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Argie faggots in here complaining that he isn't scoring 20 every night :lmao the audacity of those faggots who would bump the Ditka thread once a month or two....

He's averaging 15 & 5 in 21 minutes per game over his last 8 games on 53/50/75 shooting splits

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2018, 07:41 PM
They're down 17 to the worst team in the NBA:lol

Can Tony lead a comeback?

Ice009
11-13-2018, 09:11 PM
They're down 17 to the worst team in the NBA:lol

Can Tony lead a comeback?

How did George Hill play? Cause if he's playing well and gets bought out, I'd take Hill back right away. How did Tony play?

JeffDuncan
11-13-2018, 09:21 PM
George Hill is out due to injury, right shoulder.

Parker played ok. 9pts in 15 min, on 4-10 shooting. I watched some of the game. Parker was definitely not the problem. (Walker only had 7 pts in 35 min.)